Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,561 members, 7,827,094 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

What Did Your Parents Teach You About Marriage? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Did Your Parents Teach You About Marriage? (3101 Views)

Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? / How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? / At What Age Age Should Parents Teach Their Children Sex Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did Your Parents Teach You About Marriage? by pickabeau1: 10:09am On Aug 15, 2014
Chillisauce:

Just like OP. i hate abuse and bullies.
I would have passed but my spirit will disturb me.

You hate bullies? shocked grin

You?..i know u r joking...
Maybe you have changed

Even kanwulia said 25 percent of single men r pedos...she used to say 80 percent before

Things r changing

Lol

1 Like

Re: What Did Your Parents Teach You About Marriage? by bellong: 10:10am On Aug 15, 2014
Chillisauce:

I just saw this.
And she answered you by posting the long list. Only for you to tell her she come off like a man hater. Like seriously undecided

And it is a tedious work for you to string the comments?

4 Likes

Re: What Did Your Parents Teach You About Marriage? by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 15, 2014
beeevan: Chillisauce feel free to be in anytime, enough food to feed you 3 times daily in your cell. Lyndaroyce will fix your porty, Efe will read you bedtime stories, edwife will keep the Ganja rolling in, Candy will serve your desert because am sure she has been fumbling with desert recipes lately. I will take care of the feeding, you can use my orange suit, i have shaped for you already tongue.

aouchh!!! They just pulled a hand full of my hair!!brb

Don't worry, I can't get a ban. Not when I'm the one pointing out the bullies and telling them about derailing the thread . anyone when ban me ..I go invoke the spirit of akikiwa follow the person . I ain't going back to jail cheesy
Re: What Did Your Parents Teach You About Marriage? by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 15, 2014
bellong:

And it is a tedious work for you to string the comments?

Very tedious
Re: What Did Your Parents Teach You About Marriage? by beeevan: 10:12am On Aug 15, 2014
Chillisauce, you said something about going on low cut, did you go through with it? I dey consider am but am scared of what I ll look like on it. They won't stop pulling out my braids or hair .
Re: What Did Your Parents Teach You About Marriage? by pickabeau1: 10:13am On Aug 15, 2014
grin grin grin grin

But chillisauce... im surprised you actually dont know you are a bully .. if u call me one no problem but i am a learner where you are..

A lot of your comments here are filled with curses on peoples parents.. calling them jobless etc etc

Or is there Multiple Post Personality grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: What Did Your Parents Teach You About Marriage? by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 15, 2014
beeevan: Chillisauce, you said something about going on low cut, did you go through with it? I dey consider am but am scared of what I ll look like on it. They won't stop pulling out my braids or hair .

I transitioned. Now I'm full afro. But I still do my braids. Just wrap your hair or teach them how to gently rub your hair. If my toddlers can be sweet with the cats you have no worries. Keep showing them how to pull sweet and explain you feel pain. Even give a fake cry. They will learn. Cutting your hair is a temporary solution. Dem fit go school and start pulling their class mates hair.
Re: What Did Your Parents Teach You About Marriage? by beeevan: 10:17am On Aug 15, 2014
Chillisauce:

Don't worry, I can't get a ban. Not when I'm the one pointing out the bullies and telling them about derailing the thread . anyone when ban me ..I go invoke the spirit of akikiwa follow the person . I ain't going back to jail cheesy

I really don't want to be bullied into prison too , this moniker has to remain 'undefiled'.

1 Like

Re: What Did Your Parents Teach You About Marriage? by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 15, 2014
pickabeau1: grin grin grin grin

But chillisauce... im surprised you actually dont know you are a bully .. if u call me one no problem but i am a learner where you are..

A lot of your comments here are filled with curses on peoples parents.. calling them jobless etc etc

Or is there Multiple Post Personality grin grin grin grin

Show me where I called people's parents names and show me what those people did. I can call someone dumb. Because they are actually dumb. You are free to call me dumb too. Now of you call me inexplicably names just for calling sake. I will bring in your parents, grandparents etc. Because I'm someone parent. If you have to go that route be ready to receive back.Its no brainer .

2 Likes

Re: What Did Your Parents Teach You About Marriage? by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 15, 2014
beeevan:

I really don't want to be bullied into prison too , this moniker has to remain 'undefiled'.

Odigwu.

You of all people
Re: What Did Your Parents Teach You About Marriage? by pickabeau1: 10:23am On Aug 15, 2014
Chillisauce:

Show me where I called people's parents names and show me what those people did. I can call someone dumb. Because they are actually dumb. You are free to call me dumb too. Now of you call me inexplicably names just for calling sake. I will bring in your parents, grandparents etc. Because I'm someone parent. If you have to go that route be ready to receive back.Its no brainer .

your call.. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Did Your Parents Teach You About Marriage? by beeevan: 10:24am On Aug 15, 2014
Chillisauce:

I transitioned. Now I'm full afro. But I still do my braids. Just wrap your hair or teach them how to gently rub your hair. If my toddlers can be sweet with the cats you have no worries. Keep showing them how to pull midly and explain you feel pain. Even give a fake cry. They will learn. Cutting your hair is a temporary solution. Dem fit go school and start pulling their class mates hair.

Afro? Isn't that difficult to manage? I can't even stand my hair being rubbed, very dis comforting. I braided the hair into one and tucked it in but they have finished the stray ones. Look at 4th pic in this gallery and tell me what you think.

http://www.short-haircut.com/20-best-black-short-hairstyles-for-women.html
Re: What Did Your Parents Teach You About Marriage? by beeevan: 10:25am On Aug 15, 2014
Chillisauce:

Odigwu.

You of all people

I have been receiving the holy communion cheesy.
Re: What Did Your Parents Teach You About Marriage? by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 15, 2014
beeevan:
Afro? Isn't that difficult to manage? I can't even stand my hair being rubbed, very dis comforting. I braided the hair into one and tucked it in but they have finished the stray ones. Look at 4th pic in this gallery and tell me what you think.
http://www.short-haircut.com/20-best-black-short-hairstyles-for-women.html

Short hair is very difficult to maintain. And with your soldiers. I won't advice it. It's a good one the pics. I had that those days in school. Salon will take your time as you can't really flat iron the short hair yourself. But its a good style

Lunch time. Enjoy
Re: What Did Your Parents Teach You About Marriage? by beeevan: 10:35am On Aug 15, 2014
Chillisauce:

Short hair is very difficult to maintain. And with your soldiers. I won't advice it. It's a good one the pics. I had that those days in school. Salon will take your time as you can't really flat iron the short hair yourself. But its a good style

Lunch time. Enjoy

I plan to use an extension in front so I won't have to flat iron always, i ll just have to brush the front and sides.

Enjoy your lunch wink.

1 Like

Re: What Did Your Parents Teach You About Marriage? by RoyalRoy(m): 11:10am On Aug 15, 2014
Thread 100% derailed. embarassed embarassed embarassed

Was thinking of sending it to the front page but now its in tatters. Rest in Peace thread. cry cry cry
Re: What Did Your Parents Teach You About Marriage? by cococandy(f): 12:24pm On Aug 15, 2014
Na wa o. What a fine thread.
Ruined.
Re: What Did Your Parents Teach You About Marriage? by damiso(f): 12:46pm On Aug 15, 2014
All you derailers I will invoke the gods(pity their priest is one of the chief derailers tongue) oya kiss and make up kiss

I learnt from their marriage that EVERY marriage is unique with unique individuals.My marriage is in a lot of ways very very different from theirs cos I am different from my mum and my dad is different from my husband.We also live in a different location with various factors meaning our life is considerably different from theirs.This does not therefore mean that one is necessarily better than the other as those factors all have their pros and cons.

Having said that I have learnt that from them that spouses are meant to complement each other and work together as a team understanding that we all have our strengths and weaknesses..
Re: What Did Your Parents Teach You About Marriage? by EfemenaXY: 2:46pm On Aug 15, 2014
Chillisauce: The bullies are here again. Simple question they can't answer...

Pickabeau no 1. Now bellong has joined the train.

Okokobioko.
Nice reply @ OP.

For me, they didn't teach me anything about marriage. They didn't even believe I will even marry due to the rate I was going grin.

Make I spread mat for here this Friday .
Calling on my fellow amibo nairalanders to help me buy coke and gala.

Sambarry
Cococandy
Beeevan
Efemenaxy
edwife
Lyndaroyce.

Oya o. Come and tell us what they taught you about marriage

Lol! But this thread is 2 pages too long for me na! cheesy

Besides, Bellong isn't a bully. As per your question, nope, my parents didn't teach me anything about marriage. They showed me, by their actions, what marriage is, and should be about. cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Did Your Parents Teach You About Marriage? by EfemenaXY: 6:17pm On Aug 15, 2014
Chillisauce:

I thought you liked Alcatraz? grin

beeevan: Chillisauce feel free to be in anytime, enough food to feed you 3 times daily in your cell. Lyndaroyce will fix your porty, Efe will read you bedtime stories, edwife will keep the Ganja rolling in, Candy will serve your desert because am sure she has been fumbling with desert recipes lately. I will take care of the feeding, you can use my orange suit, i have shaped for you already tongue.

aouchh!!! They just pulled a hand full of my hair!!brb

I love those boyz of yours, Beev! Now stop accusing them jare. angry

Show us pics of the clump of hair and the bald patch otherwise...we don't believe it tongue tongue
Re: What Did Your Parents Teach You About Marriage? by beeevan: 7:06pm On Aug 15, 2014
EfemenaXY:

I love those boyz of yours, Beev! Now stop accusing them jare. angry

Show us pics of the clump of hair and the bald patch otherwise...we don't believe it tongue tongue

I really wish it was an accusation angry, you will get the pics in your mail box cheesy.
Re: What Did Your Parents Teach You About Marriage? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 15, 2014
Here is a pic of beeevan@ efemenaxy

Re: What Did Your Parents Teach You About Marriage? by beeevan: 7:40pm On Aug 15, 2014
Chillisauce: Here is a pic of beeevan@ efemenaxy

Lol grin ,you no well chilli.
Re: What Did Your Parents Teach You About Marriage? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 15, 2014
beeevan:

Lol grin ,you no well chilli.
But you just sent this to me na. Besides it's the same face I saw on your profile. Don't worry, the hair will grow back.
Re: What Did Your Parents Teach You About Marriage? by zboyd: 7:45pm On Aug 15, 2014
pickabeau1: Zboyd..good u know people r seeing thriugh your smoke screen

Its only a matter of time.....

Motives speak louder than words....

Anyone can portray family utopia online

OK...ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

There IS no smokescreen here...no matter how you wish it to be so. You are just another one of those Naija people I detest. You are so caught up in your stereotypical mindset that you can't see the forest for the trees, same as some narrow-minded African-Americans who hold a similar mindset.

But let's be real, shall we? Your REAL PROBLEM with me is that I dare challenge YOU...A MAN....or is it a BOY... in a man's body. You are no better than American men who have issues, when confronted with an intelligent WOMAN who dares to voice her opinion on serious issues, specifically DOMESTIC ABUSE.

You and your co-signers are no better than the cops and politicians over here that protect dirty cops and politicians, when they know damn well their cohorts are dirty.

Instead of standing up and denouncing the dirty deeds men inflict on women, you'd rather 'kill the messenger'.

Why is it that you'd rather portray me or any other woman who speaks her mind, regarding the actions of brutish men as men-hating, feminist, bitter, lesbian bitches, rather than women who care what happens to their fellow Sisters....no matter where they reside?

SHAME ON YOU!

Thank God ALL men, Nigerian or otherwise, aren't of your ilk!

YOU ARE A DISGRACE!

You're so caught up in your stereotypical mindset that you can't EVER imagine a Naija man finding love and happiness with a non-Naija woman.

TOO BAD!

In your narrow-minded world, such couplings don't exist or fail. WRONG!!! They do! And you and your co-signers can't stand it. Ya'll rather listen to and believe, as the gospel truth, "How A Naija Man Done Me Wrong Blues" sung by some embittered women who post here.

There is no such thing as "Family Utopia".

What there IS...is men...Nigerian and otherwise, who are DAMN GOOD MEN!

Are they perfect? NO! No human being is...no marriage is...so why even voice such a fantasy?

Question your OWN motives!

Why are you so reluctant to acknowledge the reality of Naija men beating their girlfriends and wives senseless?

Why are you so reluctant to acknowledge the numbers of Nigerian women murdered by their husbands?

Why aren't you up on your soapbox denouncing the brutish behavior of some of your fellow brothers?

Why are you portraying me as a man-hating, bitter feminist because I dare speak out on domestic abuse in the Nigerian community?

Why do you assume I am a product of a Naija Man-African-American Woman relationship gone wrong...where the Naija man is missing in action...no where to be found...leaving the AA mother, alone and bitter? (Note: My Father is AA.)

Why do you assume that ALL Naija men who father children with non-Naija women, in general, would abandon their offspring...never to see them again?

Why is it that you seem to know next to nothing about the Naija men who have children with non-Naija women, love their children to death and will fight tooth and nail to be in their lives...no matter the cost?

Why is it that you seem to know next to nothing of marriages between Naija men and non-Naija women?

This is a monkey on your back that YOU have to deal with, mate.

Ignorance may be bliss...but it's still ignorance!

CHECK YOURSELF...OR...WRECK YOURSELF!!!

Your choice!

3 Likes

Re: What Did Your Parents Teach You About Marriage? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 15, 2014
Oh boi. Brb to read.

* spreads my folded mat* grin

1 Like

Re: What Did Your Parents Teach You About Marriage? by zboyd: 7:55pm On Aug 15, 2014
bellong:

Madam Zboyd,

Why would I insult your intelligence? I am not a coward, if my intention was to accuse you, I would have gone ahead to do so without mincing words. Only cowards do what you are accusing me of. You have failed to understand my last response to you and I will not explain myself further if you fail to see my point.

You have 116 topics, how many of them did you write against female abusers compared to your numerous threads against male? If you indeed have good intention as claimed, your topics should be balanced. Your double standard is obvious for all to see.

Yes, I do commend your passion against domestic abuse but you are not the only one in the fight against it. Not everybody makes noise about what they do.

If you didn't believe my previous explanation on what I said, how do you expect me to believe your "I HATE ABUSE OF ANYKIND AGAINST ANYONE"? It could just be a blanket statement with no sincerity since I don't live with you.

Thanks for emphasizing domestic abuse is not gender specific.

Mrs, you don't have to be too serious about everything on a faceless forum. You may not see humour in what I wrote but I expected you to understand what I was telling you if you've got that depth. Alas, you failed to understand it.

Calling the abused FOOLS says so much about your personal crusade.

Nah...not buying it.

You've shown me who you are...and I believe it!

DEUCES!!!
Re: What Did Your Parents Teach You About Marriage? by zboyd: 8:01pm On Aug 15, 2014
TribalEAST: I trust hoes; when the kids are around is when they'll make aggravating demands from you knowing you won't want to break this rule I think you'll break countless times. #never say never

What's your definition of a "hoe'

Why are you referring to women as "hoes"?

Will you refer to men as "hoes" too?

1 Like

Re: What Did Your Parents Teach You About Marriage? by zboyd: 8:09pm On Aug 15, 2014
Godmystrength: I am not saying you are from those kind of homes, neither am i from such. Just trying to say your list is too long. just that.

lol...once I get going...I get going...childhood memories and experiences...thank goodness I paid attention...even when I didn't think I WAS paying attention!
Re: What Did Your Parents Teach You About Marriage? by Fkforyou(m): 8:16pm On Aug 15, 2014
egopersonified:

this taking sides issue is something else
Yep,most times you are often torn between the devil and the deep blue sea.
Re: What Did Your Parents Teach You About Marriage? by pickabeau1: 8:21pm On Aug 15, 2014
Good to see there is a human behind the moniker

I will have ignored your rant but I thought otherwise... as some hypocrites are already making crappy allegations of cyber bullying.

Now to your post

zboyd:

OK...ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

There IS no smokescreen here...no matter how you wish it to be so. You are just another one of those Naija people I detest. You are so caught up in your stereotypical mindset that you can't see the forest for the trees, same as some narrow-minded African-Americans who hold a similar mindset.

But let's be real, shall we? Your REAL PROBLEM with me is that I dare challenge YOU...A MAN....or is it a BOY... in a man's body. You are no better than American men who have issues, when confronted with an intelligent WOMAN who dares to voice her opinion on serious issues, specifically DOMESTIC ABUSE.

I have never denied here males perpetrate abuse on their partners . however it is posters like you and the multitude of females that go gung-ho when there is some way to bring down males.

If you look at your own threads dispassionately...you will see the theme of your topics

Naija Men are abusive
They phock AA women and abandon their offspring
Naija men are dominating
Men should not be heads of the home
Men should be emasculated

Bla Bla Bla...

But women happen to b divine and don't fart..

Tell me something good and new

You and your co-signers are no better than the cops and politicians over here that protect dirty cops and politicians, when they know damn well their cohorts are dirty.

Instead of standing up and denouncing the dirty deeds men inflict on women, you'd rather 'kill the messenger'.

Why is it that you'd rather portray me or any other woman who speaks her mind, regarding the actions brutish men as men-hating, feminist, bitter, lesbian bitches, rather than women who care what happens to their fellow Sisters....no matter where they reside?

SHAME ON YOU!

Insults already?

Same words . Different posters...you aggressor females never fail to disappoint

I have no issue with assertive females..its insulting females like you who see no good in the male gender I call out

Shame on you also

Thank God ALL men, Nigerian or otherwise, aren't of your ilk!

YOU ARE A DISGRACE!

You're so caught up in your stereotypical mindset that you can't EVER imagine a Naija man finding love and happiness with a non-Naija woman.

Keep whatever offline issues you have with haters offline..

You say u r no misandrist...your posts speak otherwise
Deal with your anger..woman

Me a disgrace?..you are so far from the truth..maybe you are the disgrace..

TOO BAD!

In your narrow-minded world, such couplings don't exist or fail. WRONG!!! They do! And you and your co-signers can't stand it. Ya'll rather listen to and believe, as the gospel truth, "How A Naija Man Done Me Wrong Blues" sung by some embittered women who post here.

There is no such thing as "Family Utopia".

What there IS...is men...Nigerian and otherwise, who are DAMN GOOD MEN!

Are they perfect? NO! No human being is...no marriage is...so why even voice such a fantasy?

Good you know there is no perfect man..
You and others like you will do well to know that.

Question your OWN motives!

Why are you so reluctant to acknowledge the reality of Naija men beating their girlfriends and wives senseless?

Why are you so reluctant to acknowledge the numbers of Nigerian women murdered by their husbands?

Why aren't you up on your soapbox denouncing the brutish behavior of some of your fellow brothers?

Why are you portraying me as a man-hating, bitter feminist because I dare speak out on domestic abuse in the Nigerian community?

Why do you assume I am a product of a Naija Man-African-American Woman relationship gone wrong...where the Naija man is missing in action...no where to be found...leaving the AA mother, alone and bitter? (Note: My Father is AA.)

Why do you assume that ALL Naija men who father children with non-Naija women, in general, would abandon their offspring...never to see them again?

Why is it that you seem to know next to nothing about the Naij men who have children with non-Naija women, love their children to death and will fight tooth and nail to be in their lives...no matter the cost?

Why is it that you seem to know next to nothing of marriages between Naija men and non-Naija women?

This is a monkey on your back that YOU have to deal with, mate.

Ignorance may be bliss...but it's still ignorance!

CHECK YOURSELF...OR...WRECK YOURSELF!!!

Your choice!

Check yourself with your anger and misandry before you wreck also

A woman who claims to be happily married for 5 years will not be as dismissive of the marriage institution and make head ship of the nuclear family as your posting history show not to talk of 2 decades.

If it works for you in your home, don't spread your poison

Your problem is that people like you project the lack of responsible male authority figures in your life to all men

Men are not perfect but with great power comes great responsibility

Fathers have been known to give their heart to their kids
Fathers intercede for the home and their children
Fathers go into mines to work months at a stretch to ensure their kids have a decent shot at life

In your community with all the empowerment to single mothers we have increased crime and more young sons being killed

I'm sure you know of the issues in Ferguson

Read into that anything you will..

1 Like

Re: What Did Your Parents Teach You About Marriage? by beeevan: 8:38pm On Aug 15, 2014
Chillisauce:
But you just sent this to me na. Besides it's the same face I saw on your profile. Don't worry, the hair will grow back.

Am sure is exactly the same face, same cloth, same hair do cheesy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lets Talk Day :) / More Boys Reporting Sexual Abuse BY WOMEN - Report / I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.