Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,100 members, 7,825,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg (62597 Views)

BREAKING: Ebola Victim Dies In Port Harcourt / Breaking News: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg / Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by rdokoye: 8:26pm On Aug 13, 2014
parklamson: Listen Igbo people will not listen, hear, they will not hear! All nah business! Business !! And they don't involve a business that is legitimate but illegitimate business, all because of money, now, they've contacted disease that money will can't cure?

21 people DO NOT have Ebola in Enugu, 21 people have simply been put under surveillance for precautionary reasons because she came into contact with them. Do you understand how Ebola is spread? An individual MUST BE SICK, before they can spread it, such as vomiting, stomach pains, bleeding from the ears and eyes.

If she was healthy enough to travel to Enugu and back again, it’s very unlikely she infected anyone.

This is a sensationalist report as well, because they have NOT been quarantined. As I said before, it’s precautionary, since a healthy individual cannot spread the illness. The only time someone with Ebola becomes contagious is when they fall sick.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by duni04(m): 8:27pm On Aug 13, 2014
djeezy: This ebola is spreading like wildfire because Nigerians are not taking it seriously. We joke sbout everything and jeopardise our health. We were blaming the liberian and laying curses on him for bringing the dreaded disease into our country. But here is a Nigerian nurse who ought to know the health implications of mobility without restraints and who the gov averred was under quarantine travelled and has come in contact with so many people. For the sake of all of us. lets hope the experimental drug works.
That's the tragic and scary part of this case, she ought to have know better as a health care practioner. If someone in health care can throw caution to the wind and put so many lives at risk the way this nurse has done, i wonder what an ordinary uninformed Nigerian would do. We should all be worried!

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Noneroone(m): 8:28pm On Aug 13, 2014
mcino: Shaking my head for some ignorant posts here. There is no Ebola in Enugu. The woman is just on observation facility for having primary contact with the evil sawyer. It is not said anywhere that she has tested positive to it. Besides, it is only when the person has tested positive and is already down with it that he can infect others. Even if TNG woman later tests positive, she might likely not have given it to anybody.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by bablononi(m): 8:29pm On Aug 13, 2014
kobonaire:
What, are you sure about that? Sawyer must have known he was at serious risk of getting the virus
1) He cared for his sick sister in Liberia who had Ebola virus and then when she died he returned to Nigeria
2) His employers knew about the risk and so placed him on leave.
3) The Liberian government had him on "quarantine" yet mysteriously released him to travel to Nigeria.
RIP sawyer but that was VERY reckless on his part of exposing others to the virus. I say so because he was an educated individual and aware of the risks.
i agree with u. but lemme give u something to think about.'if he was a doctor would he still had travelled?'
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Deepfreezer(m): 8:30pm On Aug 13, 2014
ebola ebola. eveeywhere. God please forgive us.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by manuelzz(m): 8:30pm On Aug 13, 2014
I'm sorry to say this but the minister for health is the accurate and precise definition of "Useless". ........SMH

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by kaydwutang(m): 8:31pm On Aug 13, 2014
Nawa oo......kasala dey for 042. How come they let her travel. Smh......nigerira endangering life since 1000BC

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by GodMode: 8:32pm On Aug 13, 2014
forgive me for commenting like this...

but

Nigerians are dull(except me and some people).... the same govt that hid the ex-president Yar'dua death is the one they are believing. no one knows who or what the nurse looks like... no one knows if the nurse is still alive.

in the next one month or 1 week when people start slumping and dying on the streets that's when Nigerians will realize how bad ebola is..

8 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by mployer(m): 8:33pm On Aug 13, 2014
Giannakopoulos: FG quarantined her and she could still travel,then the word "quarantine" has to be redefined to us by this our unserious FG.
She was not quarantined, dont mind them. I'm loosing confidence in the government effort angry

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Reference(m): 8:33pm On Aug 13, 2014
rdokoye: If she was well enough to travel to Enugu and back to Lagos again, it’s extremely unlikely that she infected anyone there with Ebola, since it can only be transferred when an individual becomes sick. That’s why, up until this day, the only confirmed cases are those who had direct contact with Mr Sawyer; WHILE HE WAS SICK.

With that said, the person most at risk, would have been her husband, if in the unlikelihood she did infect anyone.

This is the kind of rubbish talk that has continued to kill people since March in The Guinea, Liberia and Serria Leone, under-estimating the sheer aggression of this virus. I say and I say again. No one is certain about how and when this disease is spread. Even experienced handlers in full bio gear have died. Wisdom is on the side of extreme caution, viruses do not have timers, they don't have calendars, they respect no one. You can transmit a typical virus minutes after 'catching' it. Until the science is complete I will treat ebola as virile as the influenza virus. It is either we do this or conceed the battle, simple. There is too much laxity everywhere concerning this epidemic. If it was domiciled in the Americas, Europe or Asia the WHO will have raised greater alarm, we should not test the resolve of this virus to do serious damage.

7 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:34pm On Aug 13, 2014
scarred9jan:

If the govt are serious, they can start negotiation with shekau using one with ebola as the negotiator. One handshake and 21 days later, problem solved.. But wait, they won't.
I go tell am grin
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 13, 2014
So she is presently in Lagos?

She is confirmed as sick?

rdokoye:

21 people DO NOT have Ebola in Enugu, 21 people have simply been put under surveillance for precautionary reasons because she came into contact with them. Do you understand how Ebola is spread? An individual MUST BE SICK, before they can spread it, such as vomiting, stomach pains, bleeding from the ears and eyes.

If she was healthy enough to travel to Enugu and back again, it’s very unlikely she infected anyone.

This is a sensationalist report as well, because they have NOT been quarantined. As I said before, it’s precautionary, since a healthy individual cannot spread the illness. The only time someone with Ebola becomes contagious is when they fall sick.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by duni04(m): 8:36pm On Aug 13, 2014
Reference:

This is the kind of rubbish talk that has continued to kill people since March in The Guinea, Liberia and Serria Leone, under-estimating the sheer aggression of this virus. I say and I say again. No one is certain about how and when this disease is spread. Even experienced handlers in full bio gear have died. Wisdom is on the side of extreme caution, viruses do not have timers, they don't have calendars, they respect no one. You can transmit a typical virus minutes after 'catching' it. Until the science is complete I will treat ebola as virile as the influenza virus. It is either we do this or conceed the battle, simple. There is too much laxity everywhere concerning this epidemic. If it was domiciled in the Americas, Europe or Asia the WHO will have raised greater alarm, we should not test the resolve of this virus to do serious damage.
very true

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 13, 2014
Goodness why is this article ridden with missing pieces??
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Kossyne(m): 8:37pm On Aug 13, 2014
Richardjemedafe:

Get out do I look like a comedian?? This is no comedy but prayer from my heart

Good!..Now reserve the prayer for yourself and your family members.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by chukwuka12: 8:38pm On Aug 13, 2014
ibedun: Selfish woman.

Selfish people - she had to carry the whole thing out of Lagos all the way to Enugu. Probably potentially infecting countless people along the way.

Typical Easterner!

@Ibedun, this is a very sad case, the lady must be really stupid to do what she did.....but you have to mind your choice of words, it could really be offensive...
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by neyur: 8:39pm On Aug 13, 2014
In his speech...the U.S are yet to respond to our request on the trial drugs. What they hell is this?.....the nigerian medical and pharmaceutical association can not do anything to these,only to go on strike on incresing there salary....rubish people
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Kossyne(m): 8:39pm On Aug 13, 2014
prince133: Chai....nafa nawa namuso...ebola no go touch me and my family ooh

What's this one saying?.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by chamboy(m): 8:39pm On Aug 13, 2014
Giannakopoulos: FG quarantined her and she could still travel,then the word "quarantine" has to be redefined to us by this our unserious FG.
Quarantine with no security measures. All d Security officials was busy doing Political dog in Osogbo

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by legendsilver(m): 8:39pm On Aug 13, 2014
mcino: Shaking my head for some ignorant posts here. There is no Ebola in Enugu. The woman is just on observation facility for having primary contact with the evil sawyer. It is not said anywhere that she has tested positive to it. Besides, it is only when the person has tested positive and is already down with it that he can infect others. Even if TNG woman later tests positive, she might likely not have given it to anybody.

Must she travel at all, when she duly knows the state and rate of how this EBOLA can spread?

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by chamboy(m): 8:41pm On Aug 13, 2014
neyur: In his speech...the U.S are yet to respond to our request on the trial drugs. What they hell is this?.....the nigerian medical and pharmaceutical association can not do anything to these,only to go on strike on incresing there salary....rubish people
when ur FG threat dem like Slaves

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by kobonaire(m): 8:42pm On Aug 13, 2014
bablononi: i agree with u. but lemme give u something to think about.'if he was a doctor would he still had travelled?'
i honestly don't know ... I think doctors (despite the Oath they take) are also prone to reckless acts unfortunately.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by wazobiaN9(m): 8:43pm On Aug 13, 2014
omenka: Sorry if I sounded funny bust it was the last thing I intended for my post to achieve!! I'm so fvcking pissed to my innards over the calibre of incredibly inept and foolish putos that have been charting the course of this country!!

When you watch the news from the major international news channels and listen to how events are been analysed and the depths of the analysis, you wonder if those men attended schools in Jupiter!! When a minister of the Fed Republic speaks, you start wondering if some remnants of prehistoric life forms are not living amongst us!!

It is so depressing!!

Lol, you are so ryt... Bad guy
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Okudiover(m): 8:43pm On Aug 13, 2014
grin grin grin grin The world has always been at risk, Enugu or any other town has always been at risk since Lagos is the most cosmopolitan society. We're you wan make I run go? (sipping my lager).

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by kobonaire(m): 8:44pm On Aug 13, 2014
neyur: In his speech...the U.S are yet to respond to our request on the trial drugs. What they hell is this?.....the nigerian medical and pharmaceutical association can not do anything to these,only to go on strike on incresing there salary....rubish people
we should dash them some barrels of oil .... quick quick they will DHL us 1 carton of this experimental Ebola drug.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 8:45pm On Aug 13, 2014
ibedun: Come to think of it...

I knew America was gonna unleash this biological warfare soon but not this soon

The war to eliminate the wretched Africans have just started .......but it would help us wake up.

How can you blamed the americans now? didn't you hear the st.upi.d nurse traveled to enugu to spread the disease?
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by kobonaire(m): 8:45pm On Aug 13, 2014
Okudiover: The world has always been at risk, Enugu or any other town has always been at risk since Lagos is the most cosmopolitan society. We're you wan make I run go? (sipping my lager).
Thou shall never (ever) drink alone angry

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Lilimax(f): 8:46pm On Aug 13, 2014
asodeboyede: Jesus is alive!.
Yes ooo! In Him, we are secured from deadly virus including Ebola embarassed smiley

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 13, 2014

what you said is right but you must know that the part of the body the woman used to contact the victim had the virus incubating. if somebody else touches that portion, he can easily transfer it also. When the victim is ill, then every part of his body is infectious. take note

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Lilimax(f): 8:47pm On Aug 13, 2014
thewarrior72: Nothing to fear, God is in control cool
I concur.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 13, 2014
IS IT CONFIRMED THAT THE NURSE HAS EBOLA? IS SHE SYMPTOMATIC?
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by kobonaire(m): 8:48pm On Aug 13, 2014
donnypool:
How can you blamed the americans now? didn't you hear the st.upi.d nurse traveled to enugu to spread the disease?
no mind these silly conspiracy theorists ... though if this act of "America Ebola conspiracy" helps us get rid of some mügūs and boko haramis in Naija it may not be a bad thing after all wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Man Coughs Out His Lungs In California / Pain During Sex / What Paresthesia (paja Paja) Is All About And Why You Experience It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.