Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,072 members, 7,953,277 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:26 PM

Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg (62850 Views)

BREAKING: Ebola Victim Dies In Port Harcourt / Breaking News: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg / Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by nagoma(m): 9:19pm On Aug 13, 2014
They have been at the fore front of Vaccine research for HIV for 15 years now with nothing to show and now they offering us vaccine research for Ebola! How many people will remain to see that vaccine ? May the good lord protect us.Amen.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Ignatio(m): 9:22pm On Aug 13, 2014
God save us. The nurse is stupid. Pure act of wickedness.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 13, 2014
Oh dear
Mama bola don come for alaigbo
God help us

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 13, 2014
Ignatio: God save us. The nurse is stupid. Pure act of wickedness.

Extremely stoopid

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 13, 2014
Symphony007: Every member of the nigerian federal government deserve a very good slap from every nigerian. How did a PRIMARY ebola contact make her way to enugu? Not SECONDARY o!!! PRIMARY!!! So all these people they claim are quarantined or "under observation" are free to go about their buisness?? Oh...what a shame. And they think this 21 people they have identified are the only contacts? What of the passangers of the bus she took to enugu? I always knew the nigerian govt but too incompetent to handle this scourge. Every man on your own now o!!!

They are not chained are they?

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 13, 2014
Richardjemedafe: Full meaning of EBOLA

E – Everlasting

B – Blessings

O – Of

L – Lord

A – Almighty

ON THIS NOTE,

I pray for you that EBOLA will
locate u and ur family this week in Jesus name……

Amen to you and your family (not literally meant it though). But dude, you are madder than the maddest.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by ghostofsparta(m): 9:26pm On Aug 13, 2014
Click HERE to read the plausible origin of this particular virulent Ebola virus.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Reference(m): 9:27pm On Aug 13, 2014
buJu234: Pls stop being scared for nothing. She would have been only able to infect others only on the ground that she is sick and dead

So if she is not sick and tested negative as per the time she travelled then no one got infected.

But if she was sick then as at the time of this news it would have been a news of another ebola positive patient.

Oh yeah. And neither did Mr. Sawyer 'look sick' when he boarded that flight to Lagos if not the stewards will have noticed and called for a doctor in flight or reported a 'suspected case' to our authorities when he landed as a suspected case coming from an ebola hit country. Where have I heard 'the sickness no dey show for face'.....oh it concerns HIV.....and I thought the 'V' in HIV stands for virus not visitor that rings the door bell and agrees to come back at a later time or date if you don't answer. Some people will show symptoms with a low viral load, others will look normal with a virus racked body, our physiologies differ, our immune systems differ, so are our bodies abilities to resist and fight off the virus so how can anyone say for sure that until you are vomiting and stooling you cannot transmit. That is just ridiculous.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 13, 2014
All I no is. Liberia and other west African countries have been battling wiv it since the outbreak, not up to 1000 people have died. If u follow Nigerian press, people will die before the ebola gets to them. Especially nairaland news. If it was so contagious 1 million people will be dying per day. Its just basic hygiene. Even bird flu that was airborne or so, did millions of people die? This is a phase. It will pass.

If it was so bad then nobody would eat again. The food u buy do u no who is cooking it? Even fast food restaurants do u no who is baking and doing all sorts, the bread and tomatoes and meat. Even vegetables do u no where it's coming from. etc. the money u collect in the bank, market, conductors, do u no whose hands it has touched...... stop panicking and just be hygienic and off course be prayerful to. none of us shall be at the right place at the wrong time like the patient that the dead nurse gave the virus too.

5 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Swash042(m): 9:39pm On Aug 13, 2014
Olusanya333: Bro its nt ryte to do so.Even angels greater in Power nd might dare not ask God why?.
OK noted!....BTW are u a pastor?
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 9:41pm On Aug 13, 2014
You are very silly and unpatriotic fool for making such joke. May you and your whole family rot in hell. Proudly Nigerian from Ngwaland.
Richardjemedafe: Full meaning of EBOLA

E – Everlasting

B – Blessings

O – Of

L – Lord

A – Almighty

ON THIS NOTE,

I pray for you that EBOLA will
locate u and ur family this week in Jesus name……
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by infolekan(m): 9:42pm On Aug 13, 2014
Reference:

Oh yeah. And neither did Mr. Sawyer 'look sick' when he boarded that flight to Lagos if not the stewards will have noticed and called for a doctor in flight or reported a 'suspected case' to our authorities when he landed as a suspected case coming from an ebola hit country. Where have I heard 'the sickness no dey show for face'.....oh it concerns HIV.....and I thought the 'V' in HIV stands for virus not visitor that rings the door bell and agrees to come back at a later time or date if you don't answer. Some people will show symptoms with a low viral load, others will look normal with a virus racked body, our physiologies differ, our immune systems differ, so are our bodies abilities to resist and fight off the virus so how can anyone say for sure that until you are vomiting and stooling you cannot transmit. That is just ridiculous.

You seem to be the only one or one of the few with an intact reasoning faculty.
We're talking about the beginning of what could be termed an epidemic and someone is talking about not creating panic.
The Asian flu took millions. Spanish flu took close to 50 million people. That's close to a third of Nigerias population.
Mode of transmission....incubation period and period of infectivity is still poorly understood in other countries.
The best defense is surely to assume the worst. A Primary contact is different from a secondary contact and she was a primary contact.
All it takes to turn the Secondary contacts to primary is for the lady to test positive. Don't test the resilience of this virus.
The Spanish flu killed several millions less than 100 years ago. The virus isn't counting numbers. It can easily take the whole country captive and shut everything down if care isn't taken

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by IntroVAT: 9:42pm On Aug 13, 2014
ibedun: Selfish woman.

Selfish people - she had to carry the whole thing out of Lagos all the way to Enugu. Probably potentially infecting countless people along the way.

Typical Easterner!!

You were making sense till your last line
Ewu..

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Caseless: 9:46pm On Aug 13, 2014
Giannakopoulos: FG quarantined her and she could still travel,then the word "quarantine" has to be redefined to us by this our unserious FG.
she wasn't quarantined, but put under watch and told not to go anywhre. D yeye woman did.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by hannesy(f): 9:53pm On Aug 13, 2014
Pls d should locate d bus she entered,d agbero guys that dragged her bag,d person dat collected her t~fare even d bus stop ooooo and am in enugu nw am scared of even going to lecture,weather positive or nt provision is always better than kiosk ooo UWA

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 13, 2014
RoyalRoy: Damn!!!

I actually thought about this some days back.

The hard working and risk taking Igbo business man will surely discard Ebola threats and give his all in order to make his mark in his business venture.

I also Wondered how he will escape the scourge when all he just wanted was to improve his business and make a better life for himself and his family. !!

Now Ebola has gotten a good ground to multiply in Africa's most populous nation due to a foolish nurse who should know better. grin grin grin

May that trial vaccine bring succour to all infected Africans. Amen.

Shalom.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Ela59: 9:55pm On Aug 13, 2014
duni04:
she probably used the same equipment she used in treating Patrick sawyer to treat the pregnant woman. The nurse wasn't showing any symptoms so she couldn't have given the pregnant lady directly
Another vital area; that needs to be seriously scrutinize, nobody is talking about this. You can prevent your self from body fluid contact, but what about hospital seat,beds,and equipment. You need to extend your opinion to those that needed it.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by infolekan(m): 9:56pm On Aug 13, 2014
sandijey: All I no is. Liberia and other west African countries have been battling wiv it since the outbreak, not up to 1000 people have died. If u follow Nigerian press, people will die before the ebola gets to them. Especially nairaland news. If it was so contagious 1 million people will be dying per day. Its just basic hygiene. Even bird flu that was airborne or so, did millions of people die? This is a phase. It will pass.
But that's what is called awareness. You can't really separate the two. You can't tell the press not to tell people what they're dealing with so as not to create panic. What will the panic do? How will people know to wash their hands when you're here proposing this Shangri la model of life where things just pass without any conscious effort by the populace.
Nigeria has more people per square Metre than all the other nations you mentioned.
Spanish flu killed close to 50 million people so the number isn't so scary when you look closely.
HIV started small and gave enough warning.....it has killed over 35million people worldwide till now.
Take time to go through this. http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/features/ebola-epidemic-plagued-by-fear-9636462.html
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Iriruaga100(m): 10:01pm On Aug 13, 2014
This is gross incompetence by the government. They should have kept them in one big camp for 30 days without going home. You quarantine somebody nd allowed him to go home to infect others.....this govt is more stupid than the man who brought it to nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Caseless: 10:01pm On Aug 13, 2014
infolekan:

You seem to be the only one or one of the few with an intact reasoning faculty.
We're talking about the beginning of what could be termed an epidemic and someone is talking about not creating panic.
The Asian flu took millions. Spanish flu took close to 50 million people. That's close to a third of Nigerias population.
Mode of transmission....incubation period and period of infectivity is still poorly understood in other countries.
The best defense is surely to assume the worst. A Primary contact is different from a secondary contact and she was a primary contact.
All it takes to turn the Secondary contacts to primary is for the lady to test positive. Don't test the resilience of this virus.
The Spanish flu killed several millions less than 100 years ago. The virus isn't counting numbers. It can easily take the whole country captive and shut everything down if care isn't taken
that's serious!
D same thing that sawyer did is wat yeye woman has done to enugu state. I blame d FG for not puttin her in a cage to prevent her frm going anyhre as a primary contact. Again i blame the liberian authority for this problem. Evidence frm cctv showed how seriously sick d dude was, they allowed him to travel even as they knew his sister died of the disease.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by babestella: 10:05pm On Aug 13, 2014
I cast my mind back to the film "24" a dangerous virus was used against the government and the counter terrorist unit CTU. Infected persons were all quarantined and bleeding from their nostrils until they died. Now it's live and direct in Africa. May God protect us and heal those infected In Jesus Name. Amen.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by vislabraye(m): 10:05pm On Aug 13, 2014

The hard working and risk taking Igbo business man will surely discard Ebola threats and give his all in order to make his mark in his business venture.

I also Wondered how he will escape the scourge when all he just wanted was to improve his business and make a better life for himself and his family. !!

Now Ebola has gotten a good ground to multiply in Africa's most populous nation due to a foolish nurse who should know better.

Shalom.

I think she's just being wicked.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by sarutobie(m): 10:13pm On Aug 13, 2014
duni04:
That's the tragic and scary part of this case, she ought to have know better as a health care practioner. If someone in health care can throw caution to the wind and put so many lives at risk the way this nurse has done, i wonder what an ordinary uninformed Nigerian would do. We should all be worried!
that is nigerians for you. When health personnel and university graduates were gulping down cupful of Nacl what do you expect the not so educated to do? the news media has done a good job enlightening them yet they refused wisdom and sought foolishness in illogical rumors...well what am I even saying? no be for nairaland wey person been dey hail the dead nurse family make dem continue to hide from authority? the poster's reason was that they will get infected while being quarantined..the irony was that a LOT of nairalanders supported the foolish poster.now they are here writing hypocritical posts about someone escaping quarantine? make una continue to dey deceive unasefs for this country.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 13, 2014
To be honest, all the governments are really not taking this Ebola outbreak seriously. One may think they know something that we don't. Or they are part of the plan to reduce the number of people in the world by allowing a few to be casualties of this horrific disease. Otherwise they should all just answer the following question:

1) Why are flights from the worst hit countries not stopped and more re-enforcement from other African countries sent there to squash the virus, ensuring it does not cross borders.

2) The so called measures put in place on the borders are a joke. How can you determine a recent infection on someone when the incubation time is so long? So one may get infected 3 days before the travel no symptoms at all for 7-14 days then when the person settle in the destination country boom the symptoms start showing and infection is spread.

4) Why the confusing and decded statements about being ready for Ebola, being on top of it, and lying about being able to trace all not even some but all contacts which is really tough to achieve.

5) The Nigerian government is loosing patients at an alarming rate, what happened to the " DEAD NURSE'S HUSBAND AND CHILDREN WHO SKIPPED QUARANTINE Are they not infectious by now where ever they are, staying with innocent souls who will try to take care of them?

I am just saying our governments are hypocritical in dealing with the matter while we are pulling our hair out in frustration and fear. They seem to be cool, especially those not hit by the epidemic, as if they are waiting to share their own quota. Mschweeeeew

I think people better stop worrying oo, whatever will be will be!

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by cyborg1(m): 10:26pm On Aug 13, 2014
Chai, God oooo! God I humbly ask you to keep this ebola far away through out my life time and that of my relatives.
And if for any reason you - oh God - allow it on me, don't let me pass such death sentence even on my worst human enemy, so as to rest in heaven in Jesus name I pray, Amen!

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by piagetskinner(m): 10:28pm On Aug 13, 2014
From 1 person to over 190 people...hmm this is scary

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 13, 2014
infolekan:
But that's what is called awareness. You can't really separate the two. You can't tell the press not to tell people what they're dealing with so as not to create panic. What will the panic do? How will people know to wash their hands when you're here proposing this Shangri la model of life where things just pass without any conscious effort by the populace.
Nigeria has more people per square Metre than all the other nations you mentioned.
Spanish flu killed close to 50 million people so the number isn't so scary when you look closely.
HIV started small and gave enough warning.....it has killed over 35million people worldwide till now.
Take time to go through this. http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/features/ebola-epidemic-plagued-by-fear-9636462.html

Creating awareness is different from causing panic. Panic is what i see everywhere. People carrying false info and nairaland putting it on front page. It's just wrong. It has died down now. As at last week it was as if the world will come to an end. At times like this it is wrong to pass unconfirmed informations. That is what I mean. Considering how fast false news fly wiv this age of technology. Everybody is just talking their own. Nobody is sure again.

Anyway I don't expect anything less. For now aids and the others u mentioned seems less deadlier than ebola. Bottom line, people should stop spreading false news.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Oxide65: 10:41pm On Aug 13, 2014

Selfish people - she had to carry the whole thing out of Lagos all the way to Enugu. Probably potentially infecting countless people along the way.

Typical Easterner!!

U r entitled to your opinion.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by mbulela: 10:42pm On Aug 13, 2014
babyosisi:

They are not chained are they?
In your view,what exactly is the difference between quarantine and surveillance?
If a primary contact who was quarantined truly absconded to Enough,then the minister of Health should resign immediately.
If she was under surveillance, then they need to stop misleading the public and use the right term each time. Correct information is very vital. Only persons who have complete info should speak in public on behalf of the government. I just learnt that the driver that pocked sawyer from the airport was only tracked down after 10 days and by then he was already in Port Harcourt. Contact tracing is a very big issue in this fight.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Chiezugolum: 10:45pm On Aug 13, 2014

the vile is just 6 in muber... Jesus miracle of feeding the multitude is sure to repeat itself

Now Ebola has gotten a good ground to multiply in Africa's most populous nation due to a foolish nurse who should know better.

Shalom.
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by DECOtech(m): 10:50pm On Aug 13, 2014

Typical Easterner!!
Re: Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 13, 2014
Reference:

But sawyer did not affect anybody in the plane. The only people who got affected are those primary contacts in the hospital. Those who his vomit touched, and also fluid from his body. I am very certain that the nurse after touching or treating him must have made contact wiv his fluid and then transfered it to the other patient.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Teenage Girl Swept Away By Flood Buried Near Surulere Canal / Man Found Dead Alongside His Girlfriend In Delta Left 'Suicide Note' / Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.