Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,835 members, 7,824,475 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms (60147 Views)

CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques / Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs / Transfers From GTB Savings Account To Other Banks Is Now Enabled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by nagoma(m): 7:58pm On Aug 14, 2014
Cecelia Ibru brothers back in control. Heralds the return of massive corruption in banks. There is no way these people can embrace honesty and uprightness. I'm so sorry for depositors and shareholders.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by kenex4ever(m): 8:30pm On Aug 14, 2014
Sanusi removed dat charge to put burden on d next cbn governor n bank directors simply because his tenure was almost expired. What took him so long to implement it when he was fully in office, he wants to win d heart of nigerians @ d expense of his successor
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by deenee: 8:31pm On Aug 14, 2014
For thoese who don't know, your bank is charged 65naira anytime a transaction is carried out on another bank's ATM. The CBN has simply transfered the burden to the end user.

Put this way, if you don't want to be charged simply stick to using your own bank ATM. The only people who will bear the brunt of this policy somesault are those who bank with GTB

3 Likes

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 14, 2014
Yungwizzzy: And I follow jubilate when sanusi was removed

God please forgive me

Ignorance of our ppl is what is punishing us in this country called nigeria. Sanusi left ppl re saying his a thief. But today we know dat sanusi has done something good for d masses and not d rich.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Ashmark(m): 8:54pm On Aug 14, 2014
When U use ur Debit Card on other banks ATM Machine, ur bank pay that bank....
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Mccullum: 8:56pm On Aug 14, 2014
Emethief that's making useless policy just because of money, where ever igbo head it'll be an exploiting institute... rubbish.

1 Like

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by baybiemee: 9:28pm On Aug 14, 2014
We didn't know who we had ( Sanusi) till we list him. Hmmm sad
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Eyop: 9:30pm On Aug 14, 2014
Chaii undecided GTB account holders that does more of ATM withdrawals will really feel the heat.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by WoodcrestMayor(m): 9:50pm On Aug 14, 2014
You guys have said it all.
#NoComments
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by walearoy(m): 10:06pm On Aug 14, 2014
deenee: For thoese who don't know, your bank is charged 65naira anytime a transaction is carried out on another bank's ATM. The CBN has simply transfered the burden to the end user.

Put this way, if you don't want to be charged simply stick to using your own bank ATM. The only people who will bear the brunt of this policy somesault are those who bank with GTB

Pls tell dem o
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by kalimera101: 10:18pm On Aug 14, 2014
gunuvi: this is a coup. Nigeria taking a step forward and four steps backward since 1914

And that's why I love "our dear country " so much (sarcasm)
Take one step forward, infact no need to take any step back, they'll clean all the steps.

1 Like

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Iceking1(m): 11:19pm On Aug 14, 2014
Note : it was not d governor of central bank dat made d changes for God sake , it was d director general
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by ayoola01(m): 12:43am On Aug 15, 2014
The charges you complained about is legitimate if I must say "SMS Alert" charge, if you do not receive SMS and you are been charge, then your mobile number with them is either incorrect or you have changed it, then you require an update on your account/request for deactivation of SMS alert which will be gladly granted.

Also, the circular also indicated that 65nairais charged after 3 transactions, and what I observed amongst we youth is that we are still reluctant to embrace other transaction channels e.g mobile money services, internet banking, and usage of ATM for other transactions we intend to carry out......All we want is these cash shaaaaaaa........ and that is what CBN is trying to reduce......

All izzzz well with OUR DEAR NAIJA ECONOMY.....

ayukdaboss: Our banks may pay for our ATM services but they steal much more secretly or openly. Every month FirstBank charges me about 160naira for SMS charges and some other things I don't even understand yet I don't get any messages at all from them.

My folks who use more services at the bank complain about secret minor deductions regularly etc. yet this man wants us to start paying for our atm services. These banks are clearly getting more gain from us than this 65 naira we're about to start paying them. So if I wan withdraw 1k from another bank I go pay 65naira??

Oh Sanusi where art thou?? Come and save your people
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Skmoda360(m): 2:18am On Aug 15, 2014
RoyalRoy:
Inconsistency always the problem in Naija. No continuation of any policy soon as power change hands.

Am also expecting the new IG of Police to come around and do his own crazy policy to mess up the good works of his predecessor. Maybe he will return the boys back to the road too who knows. sad

Another season of long and crazy queue to return to the ATM machines. As most people will be wary of using another bank's ATM.

GTBank customers, sorry in advance. grin.......with their 10Billion customers (effects of zero account balance).

cheesy
thatz the point
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by otokx(m): 6:50am On Aug 15, 2014
The queues at the ATM are always long.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by chinkichun: 6:52am On Aug 15, 2014
Sometimes I wonder if this country is moving forward or backward.
Seems they don't know how important that 65 naira can be in some crucial situation.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 15, 2014
ayoola01: The charges you complained about is legitimate if I must say "SMS Alert" charge, if you do not receive SMS and you are been charge, then your mobile number with them is either incorrect or you have changed it, then you require an update on your account/request for deactivation of SMS alert which will be gladly granted.

Also, the circular also indicated that 65nairais charged after 3 transactions, and what I observed amongst we youth is that we are still reluctant to embrace other transaction channels e.g mobile money services, internet banking, and usage of ATM for other transactions we intend to carry out......All we want is these cash shaaaaaaa........ and that is what CBN is trying to reduce......

All izzzz well with OUR DEAR NAIJA ECONOMY.....

Meanwhile the Internet banking you talk about involves charges if it is inter bank transaction. if you like transfer 1kobo...GTB will charged you N105 and VAT 5.25 just because you used internet banking

My brother...these people are just thieves.

1 Like

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 7:36am On Aug 15, 2014
World people, na now many ppl go understand dis proverb 'You will not know the value of wat u ve till u lose it'.. Shey Sanusi nor try. Bt d atm charges wen he remove na achievement now abi.. Nb:I nor b d guy fan o.. Appreciate wetin u get, even if e bad, try to make am better. Ona doh o.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by biomedixexcel(m): 7:46am On Aug 15, 2014
Not again
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 15, 2014
My concern is what are the fate of people like me that stay in these area where all these bank have refuse to open branches.

infact not untill you get to the major road before you see bank and that has fare implications and worse still is that my bank didnt have branches in my environ.

I believe that the circular should have mandated all the banks also to deploy more of ebanking devoid of charges if truly they are serious about sustainable cash lite policy. some banks just refused to open branch is some area.

Well...my advice is that you should keep a good mental record of your ATM transaction because some banks might even charged you for checking your balance in their ATM.

And one lesson: No unnecessary ATM withdraw again. Na operation withdraw all what you need at once.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by EmmyDe25(m): 8:03am On Aug 15, 2014
mohammad11: Not upto 6ix months of entering the office and Emefiele has taking the negative steps towards d customers.

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi(SLS) we'll now appreciate your time in that office and the work you did, more and more.

Thanks, HRH SLS.
Six months you said? he assumed office 1st July. Na God go punish whoever nominate this guy for this office!
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by fxskye: 12:01pm On Aug 15, 2014
kenex4ever: Sanusi removed dat charge to put burden on d next cbn governor n bank directors simply because his tenure was almost expired. What took him so long to implement it when he was fully in office, he wants to win d heart of nigerians @ d expense of his successor

And it took him so long before he started exposing corrupted bank CEOs n Top shorts? So, 2012 was towards Sanusi's end of tenure? And all banks went under after ATM fee being prohibited?

U shall know d truth and d truth shall set u free.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by fxskye: 12:08pm On Aug 15, 2014
Iceking1: Note : it was not d governor of central bank dat made d changes for God sake , it was d director general

And d approval was done without CBN governor's knowledge?

#NoToATMFee
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 15, 2014
DanjaNinja:

How has outlawing Gay rights made Nigeria better..... ...Did it increase electrical power supply in ur area?...Did it fix the bad roads in Nigeria?..Did it make our useless Universities better?...Did it Kill corruption?...Did it make internet services faster and cheaper?....Did it stop Boko - Haram?...Did it increase access to loans?...Typical Nigerian mentality, smh. When it comes to serious national issues: Dead Silence...but when it comes to trivial non issues, they transform into Super Efecttive law makers. Nigeria's motto should be "Champions of irrelevant issues. Absent on National Issues".

I pity this country. smiley smiley smiley smiley

Gay alert!!!
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by yomzzie(m): 3:11pm On Aug 15, 2014
Typical Nigerian story.. Back and forth movement.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by finesthaykay(m): 4:09pm On Aug 15, 2014
Won fe gbawa niooo...Jesu gbawa
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Kassidy90(m): 5:02pm On Aug 15, 2014
Y complaining, I tot u pple hate SLS policies...
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by kgr8mike(m): 6:42pm On Aug 15, 2014
Zenith Bank's conspiracy. This is a plot to tilt the economy in Zenith Bank's direction. The rich is always getting richer at the expence of the poor all the time. If you think the rich likes you, perish the thought, policies are made so that it will favour the rich.
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by DanjaNinja(m): 9:37pm On Aug 15, 2014
Repteam:

Gay alert!!!

IM.BECILE Alert!!!.... tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by eligibility: 10:34am On Aug 16, 2014
caseless: Some fools said sanusi was bad.

EITHER THEY LOVE HIM OR NOT ,GOD HAS COMPESATED THE MAN WHO REMOVED #100 FROM EACH WITHDRAWAL.
THE NEW CBN BOSS WILL FAIL IF HE CONTINUES TO DESTABILIZE THE GOOD POLICIES OF MALAM SANUSI .
YOU CAN NOW DIFFERENCIATE BETWEEN THE FRIEND OF THE MASSES AND THE OPPOSITE .
NONE OF THEM WILL GO UNPUNISHED
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by Caseless: 10:42am On Aug 16, 2014
eligibility:

EITHER THEY LOVE HIM OR NOT ,GOD HAS COMPESATED THE MAN WHO REMOVED #100 FROM EACH WITHDRAWAL.
THE NEW CBN BOSS WILL FAIL IF HE CONTINUES TO DESTABILIZE THE GOOD POLICY OF MALAM SANUSI .
YOU CAN NOW DIFFERENCIATE BETWEEN THE FRIEND OF THE MASSES AND THE OPPOSITE .
NONE OF THEM WILL GO UNPUNISHED
u ar right!
Re: CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms by eligibility: 11:06am On Aug 16, 2014
SICK NATION
* IT'S SO BAD THAT MOST OF THOSE YOU SEE ON COUNTER IN THE BANKING HALL ARE CASUAL WORKERS.
* IT'S SO BAD THAT A COUNSELLOR WITH PRY SCHOOL CERTIFICATE RECEIVES MORE THAN A PRINCIPAL THAT WORK FOR 35 YEARS AFTER RETIREMENT .
* IT WAS YESTERDAY I HEARD ON RADIO THAT A P.hd HOLDER APPLIED AS WASTE MANAGER.
* LET THE YOUTH WAKE UP BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

I Got Credit Alert From A Loan App I Did Not Apply For (Photos) / What Many Don't Know About Innoson Group / Mohammed Indimi's Wife Samira And Her 3 Daughters (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.