Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,150 members, 7,957,289 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:25 AM

E-Grace Convention 20-14 - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / E-Grace Convention 20-14 (13234 Views)

114 Babies Delivered As RCCG Convention Ends (Photo) / The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 / Welcome To E - Grace Convention 2013 (Day 3) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by Candour(m): 7:59pm On Aug 16, 2014
Thanks be to God almighty for his mercies and grace on the organisers, presenters and audience. I must admit this year's convention is an improvement on that of last year even though some longed for music, opening prayers etc (Christemmbassey, na u be dat wink ?), I will score this edition higher than last and pray next year would be greater.

Thanks to Mranony1, trustman, yooguyz, BabaGnoni, Ihedinobi2, Alwaystrue, PastorOluT, Striktlymi, MarkMiwerds. God bless you real good for your efforts and delivery. I will say special kudos to BabaGnoni and Ihedinobi2 who in my opinion got the trickiest topics and I'm grateful to God they navigated the minefield beautifully. May God bless you my brothers and sister very plentifully and megally.

I'm still enjoying myself going through all the presentations so I no get questions.

Cheers all as we bask in the wonderful and limitless grace of God

2 Likes

Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by BabaGnoni: 8:00pm On Aug 16, 2014
@MarkMiwerds

Well done again bro

This is about your intro verse (i.e. Genesis 3:16). Please are you able to shed some light on why does God have to greatly multiply Eve's conception

Next is the intro paragraph, where you said: "...He put a curse upon the Earth as well".
Please if able to, clearly tell without doubt whether God cursed the earth. Like did He really? Outrightly and verbally curse the earth?
Why is the earth cursed? What has earth getting cursed for Adam's sake have to do in the position or situation Adam found himself?

Talking of the wonder of God's grace in relation to where you said: "God allowed the woman to live. He allowed her to give the fruit to her husband. Her husband ate of the fruit, and died spiritually with her."
Please why did God allow Eve to live. To what end and/or purpose(s) was this all about?

Further on you stated: "Deuteronomy 12:8 Ye shall not do after all the things that we do here this day, every man whatsoever is right in his own eyes.

Man could not just do whatever he chose to do. God did not give those 613 Laws to man so man could simply ignore them and do his own thing. He had to follow the Law precisely in the way that God had prescribed."

To what end and purpose is all this, because if Adam yet without the sin nature imputed on him, was unable to handle one law, what chance did the Israelites have dealing with 613 laws?

Lastly please explain if all this journey(ies) from Eden to the wilderness, to the Cross, was all the about the Mosaic law?

You don't have to answer any, talkless all, but thanks in advance for reading this and for if you do respond
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by Goshen360(m): 8:07pm On Aug 16, 2014
Official closing remarks coming soon.

Stay blessed.
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by Alwaystrue(f): 8:23pm On Aug 16, 2014
BabaGnoni: @Alwaystrue,
Great submissions as earlier pointed out, since we have you on standby for Q&A, please, enumerate more on law, grace and righteousness

Thanks for your patience. What the law could not do in that in was weak through the flesh, God did by sending his own grace (Jesus Christ) condemning sin in the flesh that the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in those who DO NOT walk according to the flesh but of the Spirit.

The Law therefore is holy, and [each] commandment is holy and just and good. Did that which is good then prove fatal [bringing death] to me? Certainly not! It was sin, working death in me by using this good thing [as a weapon], in order that through the commandment sin might be shown up clearly to be sin, that the extreme malignity and immeasurable sinfulness of sin might plainly appear.
We know that the Law is spiritual; but I am a creature of the flesh [carnal, unspiritual], having been sold into slavery under [the control of] sin.

The law was evil to a sinful fleshly man because he could not keep it. Why? There was no spirit link to God which could interprete and bring to life the righteousness of it. So man used fleshly wisdom to interprete the law and ended up even more sinful.
Jesus died to connect us back to God and thus God's word falling on a spirit-led man who believes and obeys it is a pleasure to God. Grace is what shows us the righteousness of God's law thaf he spoke in His voice.
Remember, there was a place where Jesus said man was obeying traditions of men instead of God's law. It isn't the same as ordinances which had law of commandments in them. Exodus 21 to 23. Those were decrees contrary to us that Jesus abolished like eye for eye, do not mix with other people on earth, do not this and that and so many others in those chapters that were contrary to us.

We will be able to understand the law of God is love and till we know how each law of God applies to love we will keep thinking the law is not good. Our very faith upholds the law of God for its the law of the Spirit that a spirit led man follows through the help of grace because Jesus fulfilled the law. Its this same law that is being fulfilled in us as we walk in Christ. Jesus didnt obey the law like pharisees, he obeyed it by the Spirit to which it was said he had no sin or unrighteousness.

BabaGnoni: Please give responses keeping in mind, in the context of Eden before the Fall (e.g law for Adam and Eve, and grace for Adam, Eve and maybe animals like birds etc)
and then righteousness in the beginning, as in Eden and the correlation with 2 Corinthians 5:21 and Romans 3:22.
If possible, also the Hall of Faith, what exactly was the act/task done by each recipient, that it was credited or counted for each as righteous? Any reason(s) for this
(i.e. noting that each believers seems to be enjoying as per 2 Corinthians 5:21 and Romans 3:22 a fast track righteous status, courtesy of what happened on the Cross)
Sorry, but we're all learning from all this.
Thanks in advance for the replies
PS: This can be declined without danger of repercussions

It was not recorded that Adam and Eve believed God and as such His Word was broken. Even believed the word of the serpent over the word of God. Adam believed the word of Eve over God and they translated it to action. Belief and action go hand in hand and that is why whem we believe Jesus who had no sin, we act like him and believe His words to us, taking his advice and doing His good pleasure.
Because someone doesnt believe Chrisy does not make the failthfulness of God without effect. God remains faithful. When God sent His Son to die for our sins and tells the world that they should believe Him and live but they reject such, God will remain faithful. The grace will remain available, whether or not man takes it. Man simply looses if he fails to believe God.

I quoted where the snake was raised up in the wilderness and Moses told the people to look on it and be saved. Those that believed the word and translated it to action by looking on were saved. Anyone who felt what effrontery, how can it save me and didnt look lost out by dieing. God remained failthful to His word.

All those in the Hall of Faith, heard God, believed and obeyed.
What did Abel do? Offered a better sacrifice than Cain for God testified of His gifts.

Enoch had the testimony he pleased God...he did stuff not recorded but they believed God enough to put it into actions.

Noah heard God and obeyed by building the ark even when it appeared foolish. He didnt waiver but acted in line with God's instructions.

Abraham obeyed by faith when he heard God who told him to go out to a strange land. He didnt just believe and sit at home. He put his believe into obeying.

Sarah after she laughed at the word of the angel but it did not stop her and pappy Abraham from doing the do which brought Isaac....lol.

Same Abraham obeyed the voice of God to sacrifice his son. He could have claimed i believe you Lord and not do now. God swore by two immutable things to bless Abraham....a blessing we all enjoy today.

They all believed and showed the belief. That is why Hebrews 11 shows, by faith they did this and that...it was by faith to the Spoken word.

Israel rejected the spoken word of God at Sinai preferring laws which they ended up unable to keep. GOD sent His voice again in Jesus Christ, words which God said if man did not heed, he would require it of them.

Jesus expects belief and obedience to His word. And the comforter He sent afterwards brings to our remeberance those words in the wholesome wisdom of it and guide is in how to apply it to enjoy abundant life...that is grace.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by Alwaystrue(f): 8:25pm On Aug 16, 2014
christemmbassey: I TOTALY DISAGRY WITH THIS but since it appears u were nt ready to defend ur presentations, i'll let it pass. God bless.

You are at liberty to disagree my response to your questions. Thank you.
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by Alwaystrue(f): 8:27pm On Aug 16, 2014
@ Candour,
Thanks. It was God's grace that enabled me and many others to present as it is not an easy task. I would have rather preferred to look on but it is all about grace received.
Cheers.
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by MarkMiwerds(m): 8:30pm On Aug 16, 2014
BabaGnoni: @MarkMiwerds

Well done again bro
All praise goes to God, I am only His servant, as you are.

This is about your intro verse (i.e. Genesis 3:16). Please are you able to shed some light on why does God have to greatly multiply Eve's conception
Good question! Why does God have to greatly multiply her sorrow in conception? My thoughts are, (mind you they are just my thoughts, not necessarily God's reasoning) that the sorrow would be great, as I inferred in the presentation, that Eve would know that she would be bringing a child into the world that, once perfect, now bore thorns and thistles along with hard labour. Contrasted with what Eve and her husband had before she ate of the forbidden fruit, one can see much sorrow in raising a child in poor conditions as opposed to the lap of luxury that the Garden was.

Next is the intro paragraph, where you said: "...He put a curse upon the Earth as well".
Please if able to, clearly tell without doubt whether God cursed the earth. Like did He really? Outrightly and verbally curse the earth?
Why is the earth cursed? What has earth getting cursed for Adam's sake have to do in the position or situation Adam found himself?
Again, good question! My thoughts once more... Yes, God cursed the Earth, even audibly. Not with swear words, mind you. Rather, He cursed it with a pronouncement of it producing that which inflicts pain and sorrow... "thorns and thistles shall it bring forth". I've been stuck with many a thorn, and I can honestly say I didn't rejoice when it happened. My first reaction was to pull back, then to minister to the affected area to ease the pain that the thorn had caused. Due to this curse upon the Earth, Adam would no longer see only good come from his hard labour as he did in the Garden. Now, his hard work could be choked out by unwanted plants.

Comparing all three of these pronouncements; that were upon the woman, the man, and the Earth as well, one can see God saying "You have brought me great sorrow this day, now sorrow shall be your lot.

It is interesting also, that the curse upon the Earth, "thorns and thistles" were instrumental in torturing our Saviour during His trial and in His crucifixion.

Talking of the wonder of God's grace in relation to where you said: "God allowed the woman to live. He allowed her to give the fruit to her husband. Her husband ate of the fruit, and died spiritually with her."
Please why did God allow Eve to live. To what end and/or purpose(s) was this all about?
Again, good question! My thoughts... God allowed Eve to live because of Grace. As I said, He could have spoken a word and removed her completely. But we see in the second Chapter of Genesis that God put the woman and man together as husband and wife. They were now one flesh. God had given the woman to the man to be his help meet and his wife. To remove her would have left Adam incomplete.

We also see in the fifteenth verse of Chapter 3, the prophecy that our Lord would be born through Eve's family line. So, in my thoughts, Eve was spared that we might ultimately know Christ.

Further on you stated: "Deuteronomy 12:8 Ye shall not do after all the things that we do here this day, every man whatsoever is right in his own eyes.

Man could not just do whatever he chose to do. God did not give those 613 Laws to man so man could simply ignore them and do his own thing. He had to follow the Law precisely in the way that God had prescribed."

To what end and purpose is all this, because if Adam yet without the sin nature imputed on him, was unable to handle one law, what chance did the Israelites have dealing with 613 laws?
Again, my thoughts... The Law was given that man might learn to fear God. That man would see his depravity and dependency upon God for life.
Lastly please explain if all this journey(ies) from Eden to the wilderness, to the Cross, was all the about the Mosaic law?

You don't have to answer any, talkless all, but thanks in advance for reading this and for if you do respond
Again, my thoughts... the journey from Eden to the wilderness, to the Cross was important. As I said in the reply to the last question above, it all pointed to the cross. It all showed the sinfulness of man, the deceitful heart and stubborn mind that all men have, and the need to submit to God as our direction, our source of life and all that is good.
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by Candour(m): 8:30pm On Aug 16, 2014
Alwaystrue: @ Candour,
Thanks. It was God's grace that enabled me and many others to present as it is not an easy task. I would have rather preferred to look on but it is all about grace received.
Cheers.

Are u telling me wink Of course its not an easy task and that's why I appreciate all of you who presented. I remember how it was last year.

Thank God for his mercies
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by Gombs(m): 8:30pm On Aug 16, 2014
[img]http://ressurectionplayerz.biz/gif/dance.gif[/img]

I'm glad alwaystrue is here, she's so on point, and I can't help but dance, this year's grace convention is definitely great, where is anony sef? grin

2 Likes

Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by DrummaBoy(m): 8:40pm On Aug 16, 2014
Thank you MarkMiwerds for that splendid contributions to the convention.

For those who have touted MarkMiwerds as someone who knows nothing but tithes, I sincerely hope you can see that he knows much more than tithes. Mark has presented a discuss on grace, the danger of mixing grace with law, and has not mentioned tithes anywhere. I trust God that such people will find grace to repent and enjoy the wonders of God's grace in their lives.

As we close this convention, I have no apologies in saying this that if any man or woman today is still confusing grace with law, so much so that such a person still thinks he can curry God's favor through tithing, giving a first fruit, keeping the Sabbath, circumcising his male or female child, offering burnt offerings, keeping the New Moon and the old one, etc, such a person is not enjoying the grace of God and such an individual is not competent to speak on the subject of grace.

I really do hope that the audience can read all the presentations and find grace to help them in the time of their needs.

Nonetheless, I thank all the presenters for their efforts in making Grace Convention 2014 a success. I thank all our audience for reading our post.

I trust God that we will all enjoy God's manifold graces in our lives. In Jesus Name.

I hand over to Goshen360 to close this year's convention.

3 Likes

Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by BabaGnoni: 8:43pm On Aug 16, 2014
Alwaystrue:

Thanks for your patience. What the law could not do in that in was weak through the flesh, God did by sending his own grace (Jesus Christ) condemning sin in the flesh that the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in those who DO NOT walk according to the flesh but of the Spirit.

The Law therefore is holy, and [each] commandment is holy and just and good. Did that which is good then prove fatal [bringing death] to me? Certainly not! It was sin, working death in me by using this good thing [as a weapon], in order that through the commandment sin might be shown up clearly to be sin, that the extreme malignity and immeasurable sinfulness of sin might plainly appear.
We know that the Law is spiritual; but I am a creature of the flesh [carnal, unspiritual], having been sold into slavery under [the control of] sin.

The law was evil to a sinful fleshly man because he could not keep it. Why? There was no spirit link to God which could interprete and bring to life the righteousness of it. So man used fleshly wisdom to interprete the law and ended up even more sinful.
Jesus died to connect us back to God and thus God's word falling on a spirit-led man who believes and obeys it is a pleasure to God. Grace is what shows us the righteousness of God's law thaf he spoke in His voice.
Remember, there was a place where Jesus said man was obeying traditions of men instead of God's law. It isn't the same as ordinances which had law of commandments in them. Exodus 21 to 23. Those were decrees contrary to us that Jesus abolished like eye for eye, do not mix with other people on earth, do not this and that and so many others in those chapters that were contrary to us.

We will be able to understand the law of God is love and till we know how each law of God applies to love we will keep thinking the law is not good. Our very faith upholds the law of God for its the law of the Spirit that a spirit led man follows through the help of grace because Jesus fulfilled the law. Its this same law that is being fulfilled in us as we walk in Christ. Jesus didnt obey the law like pharisees, he obeyed it by the Spirit to which it was said he had no sin or unrighteousness.

It was not recorded that Adam and Eve believed God and as such His Word was broken. Even believed the word of the serpent over the word of God. Adam believed the word of Eve over God and they translated it to action. Belief and action go hand in hand and that is why whem we believe Jesus who had no sin, we act like him and believe His words to us, taking his advice and doing His good pleasure.
Because someone doesnt believe Chrisy does not make the failthfulness of God without effect. God remains faithful. When God sent His Son to die for our sins and tells the world that they should believe Him and live but they reject such, God will remain faithful. The grace will remain available, whether or not man takes it. Man simply looses if he fails to believe God.

I quoted where the snake was raised up in the wilderness and Moses told the people to look on it and be saved. Those that believed the word and translated it to action by looking on were saved. Anyone who felt what effrontery, how can it save me and didnt look lost out by dieing. God remained failthful to His word.

All those in the Hall of Faith, heard God, believed and obeyed.
What did Abel do? Offered a better sacrifice than Cain for God testified of His gifts.

Enoch had the testimony he pleased God...he did stuff not recorded but they believed God enough to put it into actions.

Noah heard God and obeyed by building the ark even when it appeared foolish. He didnt waiver but acted in line with God's instructions.

Abraham obeyed by faith when he heard God who told him to go out to a strange land. He didnt just believe and sit at home. He put his believe into obeying.

Sarah after she laughed at the word of the angel but it did not stop her and pappy Abraham from doing the do which brought Isaac....lol.

Same Abraham obeyed the voice of God to sacrifice his son. He could have claimed i believe you Lord and not do now. God swore by two immutable things to bless Abraham....a blessing we all enjoy today.

They all believed and showed the belief. That is why Hebrews 11 shows, by faith they did this and that...it was by faith to the Spoken word.

Israel rejected the spoken word of God at Sinai preferring laws which they ended up unable to keep. GOD sent His voice again in Jesus Christ, words which God said if man did not heed, he would require it of them.

Jesus expects belief and obedience to His word. And the comforter He sent afterwards brings to our remeberance those words in the wholesome wisdom of it and guide is in how to apply it to enjoy abundant life...that is grace.

Thank you.

Thank you for your replies, since you're still here, one or two more clarities before I hang loose off you and let you go
You said: "What the law could not do in that in was weak through the flesh,"
What law are you referring to here?
Is it the law given IN Eden or law(s) elsewhere?
OK what is law, what's your definition of law or understanding of law?

For the second and last question, you said "It was not recorded that Adam and Eve believed God and as such His Word was broken"
If someone didnt believe God's word, why would that person, advise Eve not to touch the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil lest she dies, when in fact the command God gave was not to eat of the tree?

I was to iron out the righteousness of God part too, but it can lie low

Thanks in advance again
edited typo: replaced "or" with "IN"
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by jobskills: 9:02pm On Aug 16, 2014
@stiktlymi, @ihedinobi @babagnoni, @ Mr Anony, @Yooguyz, @MarkMiwerds, @Pastor OluT, @Trustman, thanks for all your presentations. Even though I was able to see the encyclopediac way @Babag recorded his and the joy contagious in @Ihedinobi and the passion in @Yooguyz, I will need time to really go through well. God bless you all and keep us one in Christ Jesus.

TO the moderators @drummaboy and @goshen, thanks for coming up with a platform for the word to be shared and published.

To all the viewers, may we be like bereans and continually study to shew ourselves approved.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by BabaGnoni: 9:10pm On Aug 16, 2014
MarkMiwerds: All praise goes to God, I am only His servant, as you are.

Good question! Why does God have to greatly multiply her sorrow in conception? My thoughts are, (mind you they are just my thoughts, not necessarily God's reasoning) that the sorrow would be great, as I inferred in the presentation, that Eve would know that she would be bringing a child into the world that, once perfect, now bore thorns and thistles along with hard labour. Contrasted with what Eve and her husband had before she ate of the forbidden fruit, one can see much sorrow in raising a child in poor conditions as opposed to the lap of luxury that the Garden was.

Again, good question! My thoughts once more... Yes, God cursed the Earth, even audibly. Not with swear words, mind you. Rather, He cursed it with a pronouncement of it producing that which inflicts pain and sorrow... "thorns and thistles shall it bring forth". I've been stuck with many a thorn, and I can honestly say I didn't rejoice when it happened. My first reaction was to pull back, then to minister to the affected area to ease the pain that the thorn had caused. Due to this curse upon the Earth, Adam would no longer see only good come from his hard labour as he did in the Garden. Now, his hard work could be choked out by unwanted plants.

Comparing all three of these pronouncements; that were upon the woman, the man, and the Earth as well, one can see God saying "You have brought me great sorrow this day, now sorrow shall be your lot.

It is interesting also, that the curse upon the Earth, "thorns and thistles" were instrumental in torturing our Saviour during His trial and in His crucifixion.

Again, good question! My thoughts... God allowed Eve to live because of Grace. As I said, He could have spoken a word and removed her completely. But we see in the second Chapter of Genesis that God put the woman and man together as husband and wife. They were now one flesh. God had given the woman to the man to be his help meet and his wife. To remove her would have left Adam incomplete.

We also see in the fifteenth verse of Chapter 3, the prophecy that our Lord would be born through Eve's family line. So, in my thoughts, Eve was spared that we might ultimately know Christ.

Again, my thoughts... The Law was given that man might learn to fear God. That man would see his depravity and dependency upon God for life.
Again, my thoughts... the journey from Eden to the wilderness, to the Cross was important. As I said in the reply to the last question above, it all pointed to the cross. It all showed the sinfulness of man, the deceitful heart and stubborn mind that all men have, and the need to submit to God as our direction, our source of life and all that is good.

Thanks MarkMiwerds would you also agree or refute in additions to your replies that:
#1) "greatly increase or multiply her conception" note not "greatly multiply her sorrow in conception" actually has to do with accelerating or speeding up the gestation cycle in anticipation of man's redemption
( i.e. coming of God in the passage of time through Mary)

#2) Would also agree or not that Adam actually triggered on the curse on Earth, bear in mind that Adam too was earth, so by association, the earth became corrupt on account of Adam, with "thorns and thistles" etc sprouting out

#3) You said "God allowed Eve to live because of Grace. As I said, He could have spoken a word and removed her completely. But we see in the second Chapter of Genesis that God put the woman and man together as husband and wife. They were now one flesh. God had given the woman to the man to be his help meet and his wife. To remove her would have left Adam incomplete.

We also see in the fifteenth verse of Chapter 3, the prophecy that our Lord would be born through Eve's family line. So, in my thoughts, Eve was spared that we might ultimately know Christ."

Would you also agree or not, that Eve was part of the master plan. She was God's backdoor, not literally though, but at least you know what am getting at or mean (i.e. among other things Eve to Adam, she was also God's back up plan) Eve was to be Adam's salvation before Jesus Christ.

#4) You also said "The Law was given that man might learn to fear God"
Is this the law in Eden you are inferring to here, or the law in the wilderness?

#5) Lastly, bro, I still do not get the connection of the Cross with the pre-Fall.
Why? There must have been something God was after in Eden before the fall (i.e. something He aimed or wanted to deal with once and for all)
Whats your thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance and after this, you may step down, as I wont have any further questions.
Cheers.
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by MarkMiwerds(m): 9:19pm On Aug 16, 2014
BabaGnoni:

Thanks MarkMiwerds would you also agree or refute in additions to your replies that:
#1) "greatly increase or multiply her conception" note not "greatly multiply her sorrow in conception" actually has to do with accelerating or speeding up the gestation in anticipation of man's redemption
( i.e. coming God through Mary)
You are welcome, Babagnoni. I am not sure about the speeding up the gestation period, for the pronouncement was in the conception, not the period of time after the conception.

#2) Would also agree or not that Adam actually triggered on the curse on Earth, bear in mind that Adam too was earth, so by association, the earth became corrupt on account of Adam, with "thorns and thistles" etc sprouting out
Since the two were one flesh, and Adam was taken out of the Earth, then yes, Adam's disobedience triggered that curse upon Earth.

#3) You said "God allowed Eve to live because of Grace. As I said, He could have spoken a word and removed her completely. But we see in the second Chapter of Genesis that God put the woman and man together as husband and wife. They were now one flesh. God had given the woman to the man to be his help meet and his wife. To remove her would have left Adam incomplete.

We also see in the fifteenth verse of Chapter 3, the prophecy that our Lord would be born through Eve's family line. So, in my thoughts, Eve was spared that we might ultimately know Christ."

Would you also agree that Eve was part of the master plan. She was God's backdoor, not literally though, but at least you know what am getting at or mean. Eve was Adam's salvation before Jesus Christ.
God is omniscient. Being omniscient, He knew that man would disobey Him and that there would be a need for an atonement for sin. Yes, Eve was indeed a part of that Master plan. Her role in the birth of our Lordwas known by God from the beginning.

Is this the law in Eden you are inferring to here, or the law in the wilderness?
In the Garden, we see only one Law given... the forbidding of partaking of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. I do believe that God wanted Adam to fear Him. Not a "fright" type of fear, but rather a "reverent' fear, a worshiping of God in great awe. Of interest, after partaking of the Tree, both Adam and Eve displayed a "fright" fear. "We hid because we heard Thy voice and were afraid." The lost, those in rebellion to God, will one day hear His voice and they indeed will be afrightened. We see the same characteristic in the story of Saul of Tarsis while on the Road to Damascus.

God also had set the Mosaic Law, all 613 statutes, ordinances and torts, as one indivisible unit.

#5) Lastly, bro, I still do not get the connection of the Cross with the pre-Fall.
Why? There must have been something God was after in Eden before the fall (i.e. something He aimed or wanted to deal with once and for all)

Thanks in advance and after this, you may step down, as I wont have any further questions.
Cheers.

Sorry, was interrupted by company...

What God wanted in Eden prior to the fall was fellowship. He desired man to commune with Him. If there is a connection between the cross and Eden before the fall, it would be, in my opinion the communication between God and man in both accounts. IN the Garden, God communicated with man, at the cross, He was still communicating with man.
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by BabaGnoni: 9:26pm On Aug 16, 2014
^^^
conception
noun: conception; plural noun: conceptions

1. the action of conceiving a child or of one being conceived.
"an unfertilized egg before conception"
synonyms: inception of pregnancy, conceiving, fertilization, impregnation, insemination;
rarefecundation
"preparations for pregnancy can begin before conception"
2. the forming or devising of a plan or idea.
"the time between a product's conception and its launch"

Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception;
in sorrow you shall bring forth children; and your desire shall be to your husband, and he shall rule over you.
- Gen 3:16 King James 2000 Bible

To the woman he said, I will greatly increase thy travail and thy pregnancy;
with pain thou shalt bear children; and to thy husband shall be thy desire, and he shall rule over thee.
- Gen 3:16 Darby Bible Translation

NB: Mammals usually take longer to conceive and it's spaced out
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by Alwaystrue(f): 9:28pm On Aug 16, 2014
BabaGnoni:
Thank you for your replies, since you're still here, one or two more clarities before I hang loose off you and let you go
You said: "What the law could not do in that in was weak through the flesh,"
What law are you referring to here?
Is it the law given or Eden or law(s) elsewhere?
OK what is law, what's your definition of law or understanding of law?
For the second and last question, you said "It was not recorded that Adam and Eve believed God and as such His Word was broken"
If someone didnt believe God's word, why would that person, advise Eve not to touch the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil lest she dies, when in fact the command God gave was not to eat of the tree?
I was to iron out the righteousness of God part too, but it can lie low
Thanks in advance again

It was the law given at Sinai that was being referred to there. The bible said thw scripture. I just quoted it.

A law is a systematic structure of rules that governs behaviour of a people usually enforced by penalties. There is always a reason that makes a law come about. Not understanding the reason why may often taint how it is carried out.

We do not know what Adam advised Eve. It was Eve that told the devil that it should not even be touched. Well she touched it and didnt die which wasnt even part of the instruction. The law not to touch (that Eve said) was just to buttress not even eating it but the reverse occured.

Thanks.
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by Alwaystrue(f): 9:32pm On Aug 16, 2014
Thanks all for the opportunity.
Striktlymi, Ihe, Yooguz weldone as your topics were delivered well despite how technical it could be.

Mark, PastorOluT, Truthman, Babagnoni, MrAnony, kudos to you all.

Goshen and Drummaboy, thanks for the avenue to publish the word.

May grace continually be multiplied to us. smiley

2 Likes

Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by DrummaBoy(m): 9:35pm On Aug 16, 2014
Ehhnn..., BabaGnoni sad

In the Law courts, the judge at some point will ask the prosecuting or defendant's lawyer "Where exactly are these questions leading to...?"

I am not sure whether my job as a moderator still subsist at this point on the thread.

But do you mind answering that question, assuming my duty as moderator, a kind of judge, is still standing on the thread. cool
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by BabaGnoni: 9:39pm On Aug 16, 2014
I am wondering at the moment what "Thou shall not ..." in Eden is?
Also who would have told Eve otherwise, maybe she made up the line for satan according to her understanding sha
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by BabaGnoni: 9:41pm On Aug 16, 2014
DrummaBoy: Ehhnn..., BabaGnoni sad

In the Law courts, the judge at some point will ask the prosecuting or defendant's lawyer "Where exactly are these questions leading to...?"

I am not sure whether my job as a moderator still subsist at this point on the thread.

But do you mind answering that question, assuming my duty as moderator, a kind of judge, is still standing on the thread. cool

Your honor, I just want to know the truth,
Before the curtains are drawn on the convention, this is an opportunity worth not missing your honour

1 Like

Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by DrummaBoy(m): 9:44pm On Aug 16, 2014
BabaGnoni:

GRACE CONVENTION 2014

word count/statistics using Microsoft Word 2002

Anony1 1131 words

Yooguyz 1716 words

trustman part 1 2089 words
trutsman part 2 1898 words >> 3987 words

Alwaystrue Chapter 1 1344 words
Alwaystrue Chapter 2 1250 words
Alwaystrue Chapter 3 1005 words >> 3599 words

Ihedinobi2 1999 words
Ihedinobi2 1957 words >> 3956 words

BabaGnoni 2217 words
BabaGnoni 1783 words >> 4000 words

PastorOluT 1521 words
PastorOluT 1597 words
PastorOluT 833 words >> 3951 words

Striktlymi 1555 words

MarkMiwerds 1109 words
MarkMiwerds 1255 words
MarkMiwerds 1299 words
MarkMiwerds 246 words >> 3909 words

Courtesy: BabaGnoni.
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by BabaGnoni: 9:54pm On Aug 16, 2014
I want to say a big thank you to Abba God first, for His grace, faithfulness, favour, blessings etc
then to my fellow brethren and sister in arms
in no specific order, namely Anony1, Yooguyz, trutsman, Alwaystrue, Ihedinobi2, PastorOluT, Striktlymi and the last but not the least MarkMiwerds
for the association and privilege of participating in this year's convention.
Extra thanks goes to MrAnony1, Alwaystrue and MarkMiwerds for accommodating and withstanding my grilling.
Lasting I once again thank FortresOfChrist(f), MrAnony1(m), trustman, flourishG(m) and PastorKun(m) for their votes and nominating me to participate.
LOL and how can I forget my two Goshen360 and DrummaBoy brothers from another mothers
thank you for taking the leap of faith and making the Grace Convention 2014 happen
This is me signing out

2 Likes

Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by brocab: 10:50pm On Aug 16, 2014
God knew the plans-he had in the garden of eden, by placing the tree of good and evil, and without knowledge and wisdom we humans fail everytime. God gave adam a job to do, which he did, and adam wanted someone equal to him, god made him eve, and adam was decieved in love by the woman. Same with eve. And yes eve was deceived by satan of old, and both ate the fruit. So now this is the fun part, we all know what is good and evil. and we all know we have a choice, and what better way in life we decide who we follow. The same choice the lord God gave to adam and eve when in the garden. It was god's plan-to give us a freewill life. And for those who choose to follow the lord, has been set free from that curse that happen at the beginning.. Thats why we have a Heaven and Hell. CHOOSE...quote author=BabaGnoni]

#1) "greatly increase or multiply her conception" note not "greatly multiply her sorrow in conception" actually has to do with accelerating or speeding up the gestation cycle in anticipation of man's redemption

Would you also agree or not, that Eve was part of the master plan. She was God's backdoor, not literally though, but at least you know what am getting at or mean (i.e. among other things Eve to Adam, she was also God's back up plan) Eve was to be Adam's salvation before Jesus Christ.

Cheers.
[/quote]
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by MarkMiwerds(m): 11:25pm On Aug 16, 2014
brocab: God knew the plans-he had in the garden of eden, by placing the tree of good and evil, and without knowledge and wisdom we humans fail everytime. God gave adam a job to do, which he did, and adam wanted someone equal to him, god made him eve, and adam was decieved in love by the woman. Same with eve. And yes eve was deceived by satan of old, and both ate the fruit. So now this is the fun part, we all know what is good and evil. and we all know we have a choice, and what better way in life we decide who we follow. The same choice the lord God gave to adam and eve when in the garden. It was god's plan-to give us a freewill life. And for those who choose to follow the lord, has been set free from that curse that happen at the beginning.. Thats why we have a Heaven and Hell. CHOOSE...quote author=BabaGnoni]

Cheers.
Scroll up. The answer was delayed due to unexpected company, but I have posted it.
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by Goshen360(m): 2:57am On Aug 17, 2014
Our Official Closing Remark

To the Most Gracious God, who had given us strength to proclaim this good news of God. In this generation, we're blessed to be a carrier of God's wonderful message. We proclaim this message of God's Grace to the dying world and Christians because, it is the message given to the church through the revelation of the finished works of Christ. In this message or gospel of God's wonderful Grace, the entire finished works of Christ was hidden and revealed, such as righteousness, justification, sanctification, sin\sinless imputation, perfection, reconciliation, forgiveness, love of God etc.

We appreciate all our invited speakers for revealing from different angles, this message of God's wonderful Grace. We thank our speakers as a carrier of this message who have shared revelation knowledge with us in this second edition of the Grace convention on this forum. We appreciate all time and efforts together to make this year's convention work and successful.

We thank our audience for participating in this year's convention. We believe everyone of you had a wonderful time in the presence of God. We hope to see you in the next edition or whatever program God lay in our heart to organize for the enrichment of your spiritual and Christian life. There's an invasion of God's Grace in your heart, we believe the Spirit of God to unleash it and you grow in Grace.

One again, thank you all.

Signed:
DrummaBoy
Goshen360

7 Likes

Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by suwailad(f): 9:21am On Aug 17, 2014
My question is why would this post make fp when its already closed and why must christian stuff make fp ONLY on sundays? You mean seun has relegated God only to one day? So politics, romance etc is now bigger than God?

2 Likes

Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by DrummaBoy(m): 9:50am On Aug 17, 2014
Thank you moderator for putting this thread on front page.
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 17, 2014
e-grace
wetin we nor go see for nl...

na one pesin dey start madness sha...

am in tongue
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by DrummaBoy(m): 9:56am On Aug 17, 2014
suwailad: My question is why would this post make fp when its already closed and why must christian stuff make fp ONLY on sundays? You mean seun has relegated God only to one day? So politics, romance etc is now bigger than God?

1. It was the organizers desire that the convention be concluded first before it makes front page. Front page topics last an average of 24 hours. The convention lasted three days, 72 hours. If it had made front page at inception, people would be denied the benefit of the whole discuss. You can however take advantage of the access to the links to the nine papers presented at the convention on the second post at the OP.

2. Traditionally Christian worship is Sunday. The convention is a Christian convention. There is no better day for it to make front page.

2 Likes

Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by Kaxmytex(m): 10:07am On Aug 17, 2014
Whr is Item no 7?
Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by diarra94(m): 10:18am On Aug 17, 2014
aren't you guys supposed to be praying over the Ebola virus, maybe god will send another son to die for you. bunch of gullible mofos, I hate it when I travel to countries that supposedly started Christianity and nobody even cares about who JC is but then I come to Africa, the mother of sorrow, misery and misfortunes only to find some son of a biitch talking to me about JC like he was his brother. I am not going to say much but Europe was just as shitty as Africa centuries ago when Christianity was the mainstay, but look today, they have moved on to better things but the black fhucking man is just too stupid to see beyond the veil.

1 Like

Re: E-Grace Convention 20-14 by Farouksenior: 10:36am On Aug 17, 2014
Its a learning curvE. To all all d presenters tnks. #my questions wud cum later. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil / How To Hack The Church To Manifest Your Desires! / Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.