Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Does "Type Amen" Really Work? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does "Type Amen" Really Work? (1816 Views)

Does Praying For The Dead Really Work? / Typing Amen On Facebook Picture Stories / The Pagan Origin Of The Word "AMEN" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does "Type Amen" Really Work? by ChildofChukwu(m): 8:22am On Aug 14, 2014
I've noticed this trend increasingly on social media, especially on FB. What do you think does a prayer get more attention from God by the number of "amens" it gets?
Re: Does "Type Amen" Really Work? by Weah96: 8:34am On Aug 14, 2014
ChildofChukwu: I've noticed this trend increasingly on social media, especially on FB. What do you think does a prayer get more attention from God by the number of "amens" it gets?

Extrapolation of an existing meme. They're only expanding an already useless habit. Why would anyone pray to an omniscient God who possesses a plan? So you want make am change plans for you, abi?

1 Like

Re: Does "Type Amen" Really Work? by Torkwase1(f): 8:38am On Aug 14, 2014
I avoid those posts like the plague. Somebody will just come up with a ridiculous story, fake pix, and then probably try to manipulate my Christian psyche by telling me something like 'you are wicked and heartless/you don't like God if you ignore this post. No thank you, I won't type or like or repost anything. I even saw one 'man of God' that added his account number for people to type amen, send him money and receive miracle money so much it will fill their houses that evening shocked What rubbish lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Does "Type Amen" Really Work? by nora544: 8:46am On Aug 14, 2014
Torkwase1: I avoid those posts like the plague. Somebody will just come up with a ridiculous story, fake pix, and then probably try to manipulate my Christian psyche by telling me something like 'you are wicked and heartless/you don't like God if you ignore this post. No thank you, I won't type or like or repost anything. I even saw one 'man of God' that added his account number for people to type amen, send him money and receive miracle money so much it will fill their houses that evening shocked What rubbish lipsrsealed

10000000000000000000000000000liks

Nigerian pastors write one sentence and all the followers write amen it is crazy!

2 Likes

Re: Does "Type Amen" Really Work? by ChildofChukwu(m): 9:45am On Aug 14, 2014
Exactly. I used to fall prey but when they started issuing threats and making me feel guilty, that's when I stopped falling for their tricks. Someone said they make money from getting a high number of likes. I wonder how true this is.
Re: Does "Type Amen" Really Work? by ChildofChukwu(m): 9:48am On Aug 14, 2014
Weah96:

Extrapolation of an existing meme. They're only expanding an already useless habit. Why would anyone pray to an omniscient God who possesses a plan? So you want make am change plans for you, abi?

I'm not even against them praying. The bible encourages us to pray.
What I don't get is why do I have to type amen. Is it not better to ask people to join you in prayers than asking them to type amen?
Re: Does "Type Amen" Really Work? by Sanchez01: 5:21pm On Aug 14, 2014
I detest them! There is something most people don't understand about those "amen" thing; those behind it are not pastors, neither are they the celebrities they claim they are. They only hide under the canopies of well cooked up stories and stir fear in people by illiciting responses which are largely "amen" from them. I pray to God in my own way. I see no reason why someone would curse for me to say 'amen' and then expect such to work. They are shams.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Order Of Catholic Mass / Does God Truely Care For Man His Creature? / See 15 Believes Of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES Do They Really Make Sense.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.