Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,759 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Car Servicing - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Servicing (797 Views)

Engine Oil For Servicing Toyota Matrix / "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context? / Car Servicing Interval (Engine Oil) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Servicing by Gas84: 10:38am On Aug 14, 2014
Hello pals how r u guys doing?I hav a 2005 Corolla,d car has really been serving me well.One thing is i always change d oil every month end wen i receive my salary.This has been my normal practice.My question is,is it advisable to continue lik dat?Wat do u guys tink?
Re: Car Servicing by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:02pm On Aug 14, 2014
when making a post on cartalk that requires feed back try and include the make of vehicle, trim, engine type,(I4,v6,v8.........) and other relevant information that will enable others give solutions more accurately.

Try and change to synthetic engine oils, (refer to you vehicle manual for the correct type to use), change oil at an interval of 3500-5000 miles.
Re: Car Servicing by Gas84: 3:28pm On Aug 14, 2014
wat other info do u need?U r not conversant wit corolla dats y.
Re: Car Servicing by Gas84: 3:31pm On Aug 14, 2014
Toyota Corolla doesnt hav anytin lik V6 or there about.Talking about Toyota Corolla,d only info u need to know is d model,which i mentioned earlier as 2005.
Re: Car Servicing by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:04pm On Aug 14, 2014
Sorry about the mix up.Very conversent with toyotas, unfortunately did not see the car make or trim when you first posted, could have been my mistake. Reply remains the same.
Re: Car Servicing by 19naia(m): 3:52am On Aug 15, 2014
Yeah, don't change by the month, change by the distance driven.. If you are not driving 3k-5k miles in three months, then you can change your oil every three months... That is if you use regular or low quality engine oils... Just look at the oil color every few days or every day is good to catch if ever leaks begin...
If you switch to synthetic, it will cost more but needs less change and it will make the engine smoother which means reduce engine load and even small improvement in the petrol used over one month.. The extra cost will certainly be recovered in the overall benefits it provides...
I used to spend 10-12 dollars a day on petrol for my daily drive, when i switched to synthetic, it was about 10 a day and some rare instances of putting 12 per day.. When i changed my Brake Calipers, i also noticed improved fuel because my old calipers had a bit of a drag on my car and cost me gasoline when i used to spend minimum 12 a day on petrol.. The money spent on new brake calipers, saved me the money i burned in gas to power through the tight grip of the bad brake calipers... So will synthetic oil smother engine function save petrol use and money spent...

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Corolla 05 Engine Trips Off On Low Speed / Tech At Its Best: Google Has Finally Launched The Real Driverless Car / Fraudulent Filling Station In Lokoja !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.