Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,328 members, 7,954,323 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:41 PM

How Do I Speak My Dialect-- Urhobo-- Fluently - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Do I Speak My Dialect-- Urhobo-- Fluently (3779 Views)

Interesting Facts About The Urhobo People Of Delta State / How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? / Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Speak My Dialect-- Urhobo-- Fluently by eben28(m): 12:18pm On Aug 14, 2014
It pains me so much to find myself in a situation when I'm expected to relate with people of same tribe, but the language couldn't just flow out of my mouth.

Sometimes, I put up with the excuse that it's not my fault na since I grew up in a town in Lagos state where you have neighborhood of mixed ethnic group.

As I'm typing this right now, ashame dey catch me no be small.

Pls, I need your contributions on how to speak my dialect--Urhobo-- fluently.

thanks for your anticipated helpful comments
Re: How Do I Speak My Dialect-- Urhobo-- Fluently by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 14, 2014
make a friend with a guy who is fluent in Urhobo. And start learning and speaking with him even though yours may be going upside down, continue and you will improve. Again, when you make calls to people at home try to muster some Urhobo language to them and you would be improving. How I which I know you it would have been much easier. But I am travelling out of Lagos very soon back home. SHALLOM
Re: How Do I Speak My Dialect-- Urhobo-- Fluently by eben28(m): 10:16pm On Aug 14, 2014
Yes o, I tried something like that but it didn't work out well. I pleaded with a girl in my compound to teach me but,... my brother, I really regret everything.

This girl just dey use the opportunity they insult me whenever she is discussing with her friends in Urhobo.
Chai... some girls are not good sha.

I was just forming as though I don't understand d language at all. I understand some out of all what they discuss among themselves. I even heard all about their affairs with men. Whenever they start their gossips, I will just relax and pretend as though I have no idea of what they are discussing.

After a while, I felt it's of no use staying around with them.
Re: How Do I Speak My Dialect-- Urhobo-- Fluently by eben28(m): 10:02am On Aug 16, 2014
hahan...
you people should help me out na. Don't just view and pass by like that na. Any advice will be highly appreciated.
Re: How Do I Speak My Dialect-- Urhobo-- Fluently by Chartey(m): 12:00pm On Sep 14, 2014
eben28: hahan...
you people should help me out na. Don't just view and pass by like that na. Any advice will be highly appreciated.
Please have you written your Step 1?
Re: How Do I Speak My Dialect-- Urhobo-- Fluently by eben28(m): 10:49pm On Dec 27, 2015
Chartey:
Please have you written your Step 1?
My brother, I didnt continue with it anymore cos of a friend of mine who fought against my plans of studying abroad. I had completed the necessary registrations with EFCMG then.
Re: How Do I Speak My Dialect-- Urhobo-- Fluently by Chartey(m): 11:10pm On Dec 27, 2015
eben28:

My brother, I didnt continue with it anymore cos of a friend of mine who fought against my plans of studying abroad. I had completed the necessary registrations with EFCMG then.
Hope you still have plans?
Re: How Do I Speak My Dialect-- Urhobo-- Fluently by OlaoChi: 12:56pm On Dec 28, 2015
How do I start to learn Urhobo?
Re: How Do I Speak My Dialect-- Urhobo-- Fluently by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 28, 2015
grin thanks for following... ur so handsome kiss
Re: How Do I Speak My Dialect-- Urhobo-- Fluently by eben28(m): 10:55pm On Jan 05, 2016
OlaoChi:
How do I start to learn Urhobo?
Get closer to someone who speaks fluently. Thats exactly what I've been doing.
Re: How Do I Speak My Dialect-- Urhobo-- Fluently by eben28(m): 11:03pm On Jan 05, 2016
KashyBaby:
grin thanks for following... ur so handsome kiss
Thanks.
You're welcome
Re: How Do I Speak My Dialect-- Urhobo-- Fluently by Urhobo12(m): 8:26am On Jun 20, 2019
https://www./1599491050289114/permalink/2319958521575693/?app=fbl

Click that link �, it will lead you to platform where you can learn

Re: How Do I Speak My Dialect-- Urhobo-- Fluently by Urhobo12(m): 8:29am On Jun 20, 2019
https://www./1599491050289114/permalink/2319958521575693/?app=fbl

Click that link and join our learning platform
Re: How Do I Speak My Dialect-- Urhobo-- Fluently by Urhobo12(m): 8:30am On Jun 20, 2019
Check our tutorials
Re: How Do I Speak My Dialect-- Urhobo-- Fluently by Urhobo12(m): 8:31am On Jun 20, 2019
Uhmmm our tutorials

(1) (Reply)

Archaic Igbo Naming Patterns And The Chi-prefix / What Are The Taboos/abomination In Your Village? / History Of The Balogun Ajikobi Of Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.