Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

BREAKING: National Conference Ends Successfully - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: National Conference Ends Successfully (3599 Views)

BREAKING: National Assembly Complex Under Lock And Key / BREAKING: National Council Of States Insists Election Must Go On / Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: National Conference Ends Successfully by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 14, 2014
* Kutigi’s peace moves succeed as ‎National Conference ends‎ without rancour

The conference adopted its resolutions.

The National Conference, which began on March 17, came to an end on Thursday morning.

The series of meetings the Confab chairman, Idris Kutigi, held with zonal leaders on Wednesday paid off as the delegates agreed on a position on the controversial draft constitution.

The confab ended with a minor amendment to the third volume of the confab report by replacing the draft constitution to read “Resolutions of the conference as draft amendments to 1999 constitution.”

The amendments to the third volume was moved by Maina Waziri.

Richard Akinjide moved the motion for the adoption of the confab report. The motion was seconded by ‎Yadomah Mandara.

Details later…

https://m.premiumtimesng.com/news/166702-breaking-kutigis-peace-moves-succeed-as-%e2%80%8enational-conference-ends%e2%80%8e-without-rancour.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C5389389860
[right][/right]
Re: BREAKING: National Conference Ends Successfully by idumuose(m): 12:38pm On Aug 14, 2014
Nice one from Idris Kutigi.

Henceforth,all eyes on national assembly

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: National Conference Ends Successfully by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 14, 2014
The choice of the leadership of the conference was key to its ability to weather all the storm, surmount all the road blocks and navigate all the banana peels.

Successful conclusion of the conference is a very important VICTORY and a crucial STEP forward towards repositioning the nation for accelerated progress and development.

The next battle is incorporating the conclusions of the conference into our laws via national assembly or referendum.

Meanwhile, the battle has now shifted to the national and state assemblies where we expect stiffer opposition from those determined to frustrate the report of the conference, including Gbawe and his godfather, Tinubu. I expect Gbawe, Tinubu and gang to fight dirty in their last ditch effort to frustrate the outcome of the conference. But they'll surely fail

17 Likes

Re: BREAKING: National Conference Ends Successfully by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 14, 2014
money down the drains.

15 Likes

Re: BREAKING: National Conference Ends Successfully by nduchucks: 12:48pm On Aug 14, 2014
Jokers

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: National Conference Ends Successfully by bakila: 12:52pm On Aug 14, 2014
Okay, when we see a copy we will know what is actually. Till then, it is more of one more jamboree over.

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: National Conference Ends Successfully by DONMAYOR19(m): 12:52pm On Aug 14, 2014
Old men waste time and waste our money just to agree on constitution amendment. Not fair at all.

10 Likes

Re: BREAKING: National Conference Ends Successfully by harrisnimasa(m): 12:55pm On Aug 14, 2014
For Edwin Clerk & Co to accept the outcome of this conference,I smell RAT.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: National Conference Ends Successfully by BlackPeni5: 12:57pm On Aug 14, 2014
There's still hope for Nigeria...We'll surely get there even if it takes time.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: National Conference Ends Successfully by egift(m): 12:57pm On Aug 14, 2014
- Instead of the Conference to submit its recommendation, it ventured into drafting its own constitution.
- If not the members of the Conference protesting, the Presidency and the conference leadership would have had the report signed without members reading it.

For me I still scare the conference less than 50% because Corruption was not tackled.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: National Conference Ends Successfully by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 14, 2014
Obiagelli: money down the drains.
That is just your PERSONAL wish and prayer. However, we are still watching events unfold but so far, so good.

11 Likes

Re: BREAKING: National Conference Ends Successfully by Demdem(m): 1:04pm On Aug 14, 2014
Good riddance.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: National Conference Ends Successfully by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
That is just your PERSONAL wish and prayer. However, we are still watching events unfold but so far, so good.
i thought the event has ended cheesy

12 Likes

Re: BREAKING: National Conference Ends Successfully by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 14, 2014
Obiagelli:
i thought the event has ended cheesy
I thought you had brains? If you had brains you would known that the NEXT STEP is implementation of the report of conference through policy changes and constitutional amendment. However, if the conference did not end successfully, there would not have been a NEXT STEP.

12 Likes

Re: BREAKING: National Conference Ends Successfully by M0GIDI: 1:21pm On Aug 14, 2014
I thought this confab would end up dividing Nigeria, its a big shame it didn't.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: National Conference Ends Successfully by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 14, 2014
Waste of time

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: National Conference Ends Successfully by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 14, 2014
When you see APC e-goats oppose even the national conference and are bitter about the fact that the conference ended successfully, then you begin to ask what do these goats even want? Do they want a better Nigeria or they simple want their paymasters or tribesmen in power in Aso Rock?

Mind you this is conference that consists of representatives from every state govt in Nigeria, professional groups, civil society groups, labour activists, elder statesmen, pastors, imams, major political parties, etc. If this group cannot be trusted to take the RIGHT decisions for our country, then perhaps even angels will not help our situation.

14 Likes

Re: BREAKING: National Conference Ends Successfully by aresa: 1:27pm On Aug 14, 2014
lol @ Successfully. Don't you mean taxpayers money went down the drain successfully? What a joker you are as usual..

10 Likes

Re: BREAKING: National Conference Ends Successfully by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 14, 2014
Hmmmm....
Re: BREAKING: National Conference Ends Successfully by poiZon: 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2014
aresa: lol @ Successfully. Don't you mean taxpayers money went down the drain successfully? What a joker you are as usual..

which tax payer's money?
awa oyel money u dey say tax payers'........mtchew

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: National Conference Ends Successfully by atlwireles: 1:42pm On Aug 14, 2014
The ball is now rolling, I really appreciate their boldness with the sample drafted constitution.
Re: BREAKING: National Conference Ends Successfully by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 14, 2014
Sincere9gerian: When you see APC e-goats oppose even the national conference and bitter about the fact that the conference ended successfully, then you begin to ask what do these goats even want? Do they want a better Nigeria or they simple want their paymasters or tribesmen in power in Aso Rock?
Mind you this is conference that consists of representatives from every state govt in Nigeria, professional groups, civil society groups, labour activists, elder statesmen, pastors, imams, major political parties, etc. If this group cannot be trusted to take the RIGHT decisions for our country, then perhaps even angels will not help our situation.

Why are you being childish? A referendum will reflect the true wishes of the majority. You need to relax on your morbid fear of Tinubu or Gbawe or whoever is causing you sleepless nights.

19 Likes

Re: BREAKING: National Conference Ends Successfully by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 14, 2014
Wasted tax payers' funds

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: National Conference Ends Successfully by aresa: 1:58pm On Aug 14, 2014
poiZon:

which tax payer's money?
awa oyel money u dey say tax payers'.
.......mtchew

Are you trying to impress me with your idiocy ignorance and ability to sound retardded?

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: National Conference Ends Successfully by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 14, 2014
Aigbofa:

Why are you being childish? A referendum will reflect the true wishes of the majority. You need to relax on your morbid fear of Tinubu or Gbawe or whoever is causing you sleepless nights.
Not until you relax on your morbid fear of the president of the federal republic and Sincere9gerian

9 Likes

Re: BREAKING: National Conference Ends Successfully by poiZon: 2:00pm On Aug 14, 2014
aresa:

Are you trying to impress me with your idiocy ignorance and ability to sound retardded?

NO ooooooo.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: National Conference Ends Successfully by kmariko: 2:09pm On Aug 14, 2014
This is one of the good news coming from the administration.. A hands free approach, a non interference conference that has helped to reduce rancor among the differing ethnic groups in the country. It is left for all of us to fight for the implementation. It shouldn't be A partisan issue as more of a national issue..

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: National Conference Ends Successfully by 9jahubcom(m): 2:10pm On Aug 14, 2014
maybe they ve finished sharing d money and non is available dats y dey ended it
Re: BREAKING: National Conference Ends Successfully by Silensa(m): 2:11pm On Aug 14, 2014
as Boko boys and ebola come take front seat most people like me forgot about the conference .

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: National Conference Ends Successfully by shizzle11(m): 2:17pm On Aug 14, 2014
egift: - [s]Instead of the Conference to submit its recommendation, it ventured into drafting its own constitution.
- If not the members of the Conference protesting, the Presidency and the conference leadership would have had the report signed without members reading it.

For me I still scare the conference less than 50% because Corruption was not tackled[/s].
efool, when will you have sense?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: National Conference Ends Successfully by Firefire(m): 2:24pm On Aug 14, 2014
Good one! Implementation here we come.

National Assembly, don’t fuc.k up oooo…

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: National Conference Ends Successfully by SamIkenna: 2:24pm On Aug 14, 2014
nduchucks: Jokers

Shocking to know you thought delegates were jokers. Do you mind bringing to our notice the recommendations you consider anti-people? At the very least I believe there has to be something that made you consider conference participants jokers. Let's hear it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Stranger On A Plane Puts Together A Bouquet And Presents To GEJ / Check Out This Shocking Revelation From Hausa Men On Super Eagles Before The Mat / Truth Be Told Electricity Is Now Constant !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.