Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

FG Suspends Residency Training!! - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG Suspends Residency Training!! (24029 Views)

Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme / Federal Government Suspends Doctors Residency Training / LUTH calls for residents..Residency Training Program In Nigeria..info (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Suspends Residency Training!! by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 14, 2014
Why not relocate and save yourself the hassles?use this time to take usmle or plab and go to where you are appreciated.
Even T&T needs doctors. No time to waste Abeg.
Re: FG Suspends Residency Training!! by armadeo(m): 10:17pm On Aug 14, 2014
Amaizu: The Resident doctor is by implication a student. Why would a student go on strike?.

Must you comment. Instead of you to gradually update yourself, you jump out to expose your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends Residency Training!! by Onegai(f): 10:17pm On Aug 14, 2014
warrior01:

Story that touches the heart. sobs.......
Notwithstanding, Nigerian doctors remains the most useless of them all. Trust me; am talking from experience.

Let me give you my personal gist. Take a cold zobo, pull up a chair grin

I had an illness, which I never had before. But I couldn't afford to go to a doctor for a whole month, so suffered, as in truly suffered. Till I told Pharmacist A, who screamed I should head to the hospital asap.

A nurse came, took N15,000 equivalent from me, filled out my history, the doctor came and in a bored voice, without doing a single physical exam, started asking me if I had HIV, Herpes, this STI or that. While I wept.

Doctor B heard what happened to me and sent me to another clinic. Filled with wonderful people, who ran tests and answered his questions via email. We got a diagnosis and I left healed. I paid nothing.

That story happened in the US. That bored, private doctor charged me over a $100 and assumed my black skin meant I was a crackhead, streetgirl and didn't bother treating me, just assumed I had some funky disease. The pharmacist A and doctor B were living in Nigeria, and insisted (over the phone and through emails) that I get better healthcare. They found me a free clinic and the nurses there were willing to listen and discuss my case with them, because I was so weak and tired and afraid by then.

So yes, you have lousy doctors in Nigeria, yet you have doctors in this Nigeria, better than the ones in the US. If they had good facilities, we wouldn't have half-baked doctors. Stop insulting them, demand your govt give them everything, then demand the absolute best from doctors. Because then it will be your right.

Public healthcare is usually not great, ask people who have access to NHS in the UK. But it is still the first and best line of defence any country has.
I got a lousy doctor in the US because my health coverage (made for profit) didn't cover me getting a doctor who gave a d.amn. I got fantastic treatment from people who ran free clinics. So I will always be in support of public healthcare. And I support doctors, so that if we give them what they want, we can shout at them for not performing.

You want them to all resume with no Hazmat suits, don't you know the greatest carriers of an infectious viral disease is medical staff and close family and friends? SMH.

12 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Residency Training!! by logic2014: 10:18pm On Aug 14, 2014
Homguy: and you call yourself a Doc? Nick named LOGIC2014?! Simple "LOGIC" would have made you understand that if I corrected prescriptions made by Docs, I obviously know about those drugs and their indications and dosage more than the "BEST" Doctor. You are probably a lowly house office, na una e dey shack. For the records, my bro is a Doc,and frnds are docs and I don't feel a little threat. We run different races. Drugs,indications, pharmacokinetics,pharmacodynamics,Psology, Adverse effects,interactions...between drugs are what I was grind in for several years @ the Uni. So don't poke your nose into what you know next to nothing about...Mr.Doc.

everybody may be a doctor even your dog but you would neva be. and as long as your sorry ass continue to work within the four walls of a hospital you would always be second best my dear dispenser. Don't deceive yourself about running different race. na the same race. Even in 4X100m where all 4 runners are in the same team, there is always the one they call the 'anchor' he is the best of the 4 and he always run the last leg. remember Usain bolt! He is the anchor in the Jamaican team. in this race of health care, the doctor is the anchor and there is no amount of beef that can change that, You would always be second best. Deal with it.

4 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Residency Training!! by Smooyis(m): 10:19pm On Aug 14, 2014
candy:
Rescind gini? Let status quo remain till they find a lasting solution to ebo, abeg
Abi o
Re: FG Suspends Residency Training!! by ejihand1(m): 10:20pm On Aug 14, 2014
logic2014:
People dey talk this ignoramus too dey talk. Consultants are not on strike indeed. oya carry your papa go any government hospital make them treat nau. This JOHESUITES are just ignorant. See wetin half knowledge dey cause.

I am not here to exchange foul words with anyone. Though, not surprise of your statement above. Thats typical of a young nigeria doctor.The truth must be told, the huge amount of money govt has committed to residency program has not been justified over the years. These are group of people who work part time yet take home close to 250, 000 naira a month. the question has been: what has these doctors discovered in the course of the program that is of international repute? We all know is all recycled works done somewhere in europe or america that some edited and submitted for scoring. My brother, oga jona never start with una. Its going to be in phases. This is just preliminary.

6 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Residency Training!! by armadeo(m): 10:21pm On Aug 14, 2014
Homguy: and you call yourself a Doc? Nick named LOGIC2014?! Simple "LOGIC" would have made you understand that if I corrected prescriptions made by Docs, I obviously know about those drugs and their indications and dosage more than the "BEST" Doctor. You are probably a lowly house office, na una e dey shack. For the records, my bro is a Doc,and frnds are docs and I don't feel a little threat. We run different races. Drugs,indications, pharmacokinetics,pharmacodynamics,Psology, Adverse effects,interactions...between drugs are what I was grind in for several years @ the Uni. So don't poke your nose into what you know next to nothing about...Mr.Doc.

grin grin grin

This post stinks of inferiority. You correct prescriptions everyday. Good I applaud that.

Why are you now shouting that your brother, neighbour, driver are all drs.

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends Residency Training!! by phantom(m): 10:22pm On Aug 14, 2014
Leopantro: considering that most of the writers here went to university, have a degree and could see nothing about bathing with salt last week goes to show that Nigerians get what they deserve. there is no point correcting such a group.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin m.oronic people that have no scientific mind at all. the black man does not want to apply science in anything. just give him a solution that appears to have a supernatural foundation and he is happy.

he prefers to remain in the bush holding on to one tree for sustenance.
these nigerians mouthing off on this thread do not care about simple precautions as hand washing. they hear of the miraculous salt and water solution and they quickly hold on to it.
the solution then goes on to kill even more people than the virus they want to fight it with.
"our lives are in Gods hands" is the popular phrase they use when they are at their wits end. these are the nigerians that doctors ARE TRYING TO PROTECT BUT ARE TOO DUMB TO SEE.

when the repercussions come in the future,they ll all run into the waiting hands of our crooked pastors for the final burial..... grin grin grin grin grin

nigeria....great country with grossly dumb people!

2 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Residency Training!! by Leopantro: 10:22pm On Aug 14, 2014
Onegai:

Let me give you my personal gist. Take a cold zobo, pull up a chair grin

I had an illness, which I never had before. But I couldn't afford to go to a doctor for a whole month, so suffered, as in truly suffered. Till I told Pharmacist A, who screamed I should head to the hospital asap.

A nurse came, took N15,000 equivalent from me, filled out my history, the doctor came and in a bored voice, without doing a single physical exam, started asking me if I had HIV, Herpes, this STI or that. While I wept.

Doctor B heard what happened to me and sent me to another clinic. Filled with wonderful people, who ran tests and answered his questions via email. We got a diagnosis and I left healed. I paid nothing.

That story happened in the US. That bored doctor charged me over a $100 and assumed my black skin meant I was a crackhead, streetgirl and didn't bother treating me, just assumed I had some funky disease. The pharmacist A and doctor B were living in Nigeria, and insisted (over the phone and through emails) that I get better healthcare. They found me a free clinic and the nurses there were willing to listen and discuss my case with them, because I was so weak and tired and afraid by then.

So yes, you have lousy doctors in Nigeria, yet you have doctors in this Nigeria, better than the ones in the US. If they had good facilities, we wouldn't have half-baked doctors. Stop insulting them, demand your govt give them everything then demand the absolute best from doctors. Because then it will be your right.

Public healthcare is usually not great, ask people who have access to NHS in the UK. But it is still the first and best line of defence any country has. I got a lousy doctor in the US because my health coverage (made for profit) didn't cover me getting a doctor who gave a d.amn. I got fantastic treatment from people who ran free clinics. So I will always be in support of public healthcare. And I support doctors, so that if we give them what they want, we can shout at them for not performing.

You want them to all resume with no Hazmat suits, don't you know the greatest carriers of an infectious viral disease is medical staff and close family and friends? SMH.

you are wasting your time trying to enlighten Nigerians. they are ready to bathe with salt and kerosene because they got a phone call that evil spirits would be released by 3am.

5 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Residency Training!! by Homguy(m): 10:22pm On Aug 14, 2014
logic2014:

everybody may be a doctor even your dog but you would neva be. and as long as your sorry ass continue to work within the four walls of a hospital you would always be second best my dear dispenser. Don't deceive yourself about running different race. na the same race. Even in 4X100m where all 4 runners are in the same team, there is always the one they call the 'anchor' he is the best of the 4 and he always run the last leg. remember Usain bolt! He is the anchor in the Jamaican team. in this race of health care, the doctor is the anchor and there is no amount of beef that can change that, You would always be second best. Deal with it.
your case is hopeless! Good night.

4 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Residency Training!! by Johncuppa(m): 10:23pm On Aug 14, 2014
phantom: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin dumb nigerians with dumb leaders.

your senators and reps are r.aping you guys in broad day light yet you cant cough. na ontop doctors una wan show strenght.
go to abuja and arrest the main crooks. they steal from you and drive past in their range rovers while you lot prostrate before them.

education-zero
health-zero
security-zero(boko haram is having a field day blowing yall up to smithereens)....killing your soldiers left right and center
infrastructure-zero

more than 200 girls go missing and till date the drunk in abuja and his fat wife have no clue how to handle things.
meanwhile illiterate and hungry nigerians want to kill themselves to return him in 2015.

a senator earns nothing less than 30million a month AND YOU ALL CANT COUGH!

i hope you all will be around when the i.diot at ABUJA sobers up, realises his folly and reverses himself like he usually does.

you lot should better be able to afford to fly out OTHERWISE you are finished!!!! for those who cant,the agbo sellers and fake drug sellers are waiting to knock the final nail in.
wat are u standing for now, political post? I guess, u are d likes of Doyin Okupe, Mimiko and other doctors who will leave their practice wen opportunity in political office open for u. And by then u wil nt be saying all these again. Let every man faces dat wc he has been called to, u dont want other health workers to be and earn like u pple bt u want to be as rich as politicians. O.k, as pharmacist are nt up to ur standard because of ur yrs of study in sku, can u also go to d extent of being a politician, if u must earn as them? U are a doctor face ur work. if u want to bd a politician, resign and join a gubernitorial race in ur state and see d requirement of being a politician.

3 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Residency Training!! by Homguy(m): 10:24pm On Aug 14, 2014
armadeo:

grin grin grin

This post stinks of inferiority. You correct prescriptions everyday. Good I applaud that.

Why are you now shouting that your brother, neighbour, driver are all drs.
Say whatever! Wanted logic to know doctors are not God up there they are simple people around us.

4 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Residency Training!! by ogawisdom(m): 10:25pm On Aug 14, 2014
Gej is right on this one employee can't boss d employer. Drs ve oversized ego n most of them dnt care abt human lives. Those raining abuses on d president r clowns who dnt understand dt his health minister is a prof of medicine n has seen it all in medicine therefore they kw wat they r doing. All doctors shld b forced to resume n those who dnt shld b replaced by foreigners.
I hail this courageous decision of mr president n prof chukwu. Nigerian docs r wicked idiots.

Gej till 2019.

6 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Residency Training!! by logic2014: 10:26pm On Aug 14, 2014
warrior01:

Abeg, park well for one side. FYI, are those things that parade themselves in Nigeria as doctors real docs in the real sense of the word? Pls, shoe get size. Most of you guys are just a bunch of useless nonentities with over bloated sense of importance. As far as am concerned, a road side Agbo seller is more useful to an average Nigerian than your useless lot. Do some soul searching; you'll know am very right.

May all the sick people and pregnant women in your family be treated by Agbo sellers if they ever fall sick. type Amen if u mean what you just posted. Ungrateful lot.

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends Residency Training!! by theplanmaker: 10:28pm On Aug 14, 2014
dozymars: Our legislators are the highest paid in the world while our doctors are among the poorest paid in the world.

that statement pricks me always. dnt 4get dat doctors are d highest paid civil servants in Nigeria, outside d oil sector. Nigeria can't pay its doctors d way America pays theirs.

2 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Residency Training!! by Mekyno(m): 10:30pm On Aug 14, 2014
enny09: When government pay so much to train only doctors residency program in Nigeria and instead of doctors to be greatful they still threatened government with strikes, what do you expect government to do, now government will use the money to employ and pay only full term staff to work in the hospital, and if any medical professionals want residency program you will have to pay for it yourself, simple as ABC.
i feel u, man. Fresh graduate Engineers need part of it 4 dia training n 4 a standard, befitting engineering n science research centre......sure

5 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Residency Training!! by logic2014: 10:31pm On Aug 14, 2014
ogawisdom: Gej is right on this one employee can't boss d employer. Drs ve oversized ego n most of them dnt care abt human lives. Those raining abuses on d president r clowns who dnt understand dt his health minister is a prof of medicine n has seen it all in medicine therefore they kw wat they r doing. All doctors shld b forced to resume n those who dnt shld b replaced by foreigners.
I hail this courageous decision of mr president n prof chukwu. Nigerian docs r wicked idiots.

Gej till 2019.

I laugh at your ignorance. 1. GEJ is our employee. we voted him there worse worse he's gone after another 4 years. Oya nau carry go, go employ foreigners and know how much it costs. shebi na the money wen una say e no dey una go take pay the foreign doctors. so who is deceiving who about lack of funds.
Re: FG Suspends Residency Training!! by eaglechild: 10:35pm On Aug 14, 2014
ogawisdom: [s]Gej is right on this one employee can't boss d employer. Drs ve oversized ego n most of them dnt care abt human lives. Those raining abuses on d president r clowns who dnt understand dt his health minister is a prof of medicine n has seen it all in medicine therefore they kw wat they r doing. All doctors shld b forced to resume n those who dnt shld b replaced by foreigners.
[/s]
Gej till 2019.
Better.
Re: FG Suspends Residency Training!! by DonaldGenes(m): 10:35pm On Aug 14, 2014
I fully support GEJ on this decision,.
Re: FG Suspends Residency Training!! by jjwaterfalls(f): 10:37pm On Aug 14, 2014
logic2014: my problem with una doctors b say una too dey try explain things in a logical manner. these people you are dealing with do not have the capacity to comprehend how medicine works. its not their fault they simply would not undastand. its like speaking chinese to an english man who has never heard a word in chinese. This fight has to be taken to the gutter then they would understand.

Teacher teach us!!!!! angry Mehehe
Re: FG Suspends Residency Training!! by warrior01: 10:37pm On Aug 14, 2014
logic2014:

May all the sick people and pregnant women in your family be treated by Agbo sellers if they ever fall sick. type Amen if u mean what you just posted. Ungrateful lot.
Dr gbu a gbam, atleast they are better than your useless lots. They even give more hope to a hapless patient than you can ever will. Useless ritualist

2 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Residency Training!! by iiiyyyk(m): 10:39pm On Aug 14, 2014
logic2014:

the sooner u realise they are the better for u. Lets not mince words. they are second to none. your beef would not change that FACT.
Just fall sick and know who is your god on earth.

Hahaha, exhibiting the same arogance once again,
Nigerian physicians are primitive champions, their only motivation to med school is ego and money.
Always carring their shoulders above their empty heads.

Since u are god on earth, for almost 2 months, gods have beeen on strike yet we can't see corps lieing on our streets.

4 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Residency Training!! by logic2014: 10:39pm On Aug 14, 2014
Homguy: your case is hopeless! Good night.

Oniranu! stay up and hear words nau. no sleep. shebi na gutter language una undertand. doctors have been too civil with you JOHESUITES. This mantra of 'team work' in the health sector have been taken to a ridiculous level. We all know who gives the orders.

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends Residency Training!! by DonaldGenes(m): 10:40pm On Aug 14, 2014
DrLuv: hmmm..this has just comfirmed the diagnosis.the guy has downs syndrome.

Go and sit down..... Are you guys the OnLy Profession

3 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Residency Training!! by Johnnoo(m): 10:40pm On Aug 14, 2014
This is the dumbest thing I ever heard undecided

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends Residency Training!! by expert1000: 10:40pm On Aug 14, 2014
phantom: I sincerely hope you can afford a trip to India......grin
u guys hav bin on strike and we havnt gone 2India,so we shal stil nt go 2India 4health issues..AMEN.Doctors r fu*king proud..several professionals are more exposed 2health hazards dan doctors yet d pipe low.pak n go we wil survive by GOD's grace

2 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Residency Training!! by Eghabun: 10:41pm On Aug 14, 2014
Let's see how it plays out!
Re: FG Suspends Residency Training!! by Homguy(m): 10:46pm On Aug 14, 2014
logic2014: .

Oniranu! stay up and hear words nau. no sleep. shebi na gutter language una undertand. doctors have been too civil with you JOHESUITES. This mantra of 'team work' in the health sector have been taken to a ridiculous level. We all know who gives the orders.
Ignoramus HO.

2 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Residency Training!! by logic2014: 10:47pm On Aug 14, 2014
iiiyyyk:

Hahaha, exhibiting the same arogance once again,
Nigerian physicians are primitive champions, their only motivation to med school is ego and money.
Always carring their shoulders above their empty heads.

Since u are god on earth, for almost 2 months, gods have beeen on strike yet we can't see corps lieing on our streets.

no apologies for the arrogance. it comes with the territory. I would rather have an arrogant doctor handling my matter than a humble JOHESUITE. if you're worth your onions your eyes would b blind to arrogance. in the interim you can go hug a transformer then you would b blind to arrogance.

3 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Residency Training!! by highchief3(m): 10:48pm On Aug 14, 2014
dBard:

..and I challenge u, scratch dat, I dare u to be man enuff to NOT seek a Drs advice weneva u fall ill...cos d day u do, U Will Definitely be proven right, as ur statement has declared.

Rubbish. .
. This is the language nigerians don't like hearing, haba! U be god? Are u not paid for ur job? Let's face issues here and stop this kind of rubbish talk. Believe me many poeple don't even know about the strike because they are not even feeling it. Many Nigerian support and respect your stand but this arrogant talks will get you no were with the public.

4 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Residency Training!! by Mishydoo(m): 10:48pm On Aug 14, 2014
oyb:

You gej arselickers are tiny mirror images of the man, poorly educated, bereft of critical reasoning and desperate to continue eating.

Small wonder. All we have from you lot is incoherent bad belle of your intellectual superiors.

LOL, Told y'all he is amusing grin grin.....*throws him some banana

#FYI ....go take out ur fraustration on ur Consultants, deyve sold u out....thyr the reason ur now jobless, hungry and in POVERTY!

2 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Residency Training!! by armadeo(m): 10:50pm On Aug 14, 2014
phantom:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin m.oronic people that have no scientific mind at all. the black man does not want to apply science in anything. just give him a solution that appears to have a supernatural foundation and he is happy!

I have often wondered about our penchant for the supernatural. Is it due to the cultural beliefs embeded in our DNA from time immemorial when the dibia was the all in all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Kogi Reports Two COVID-19 Cases As Nigeria Records Highest Daily Figure / Nigerian Man Rescues Accident Victims, Narrates How His Kid Brother Died(photos) / 5 Health Benefits Of Fasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.