Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,043 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. (31481 Views)

30 Soldiers Monitor Tinubu's Ikoyi Home / 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga / DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by Luvties(m): 7:03am On Aug 15, 2014
Its not enough to announce the death of the fallen heros.... what plan has the government has for the family they left behind?

Many are been make widows and orphans in broad day light..... their suffering have started from that moment.

Its not easy to go into the battle field with no assurance of coming back alive.....

We the blooding civilians will come and be making noise about the effort of the arm forces.

If a force man died in active service his children should be on federal government scholarship to reduce the trauma of his dead.... with that many solders and other security agents will be rest assured that even if they die there family will not suffer.

God help Nigeria and God bless the people of Nigeria and restore peace and love in Jesus Name.
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 15, 2014
The casualty is just too high. Something needs to be done to reduce it.
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by pacretus(m): 7:24am On Aug 15, 2014
presley64: WOW...THE HEADLINE SHD B HOW MANY BOKO HARAH WE KILLED NOT D ODA WAY ROUND
dat is journalism for u.they use to weighty headlines.
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 15, 2014
nijanigga:
They've all died in vain, because to die for Nigeria=die in vain.
How could you possibly say such a thing, damn your so ungrateful • sad
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by Iceking1(m): 7:29am On Aug 15, 2014
Hmmmmm, i jst dey observe
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by dnawah(m): 7:31am On Aug 15, 2014
Liability: gallant soldier.

But we should stop leaking our strategies online. Carry out the plan first before posting the aftermath to the media. We have boko informants online ooo.
master am i the one?
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by Sobrit(m): 7:36am On Aug 15, 2014
Why not the govt plan an airtight collabo wth chad, cameroon and niger military. Cordone off all entry and exit points to sambisa. Ask every human living within sambisa to come out within a specified time and through a designated route(s). Organise a temporal refugee camp for them and take care of them´. Then mark all sambisa a frontier. Everyone who refused coming out within the time and from the designated route will be marked a terrorist. Once the time for escape frm sambisa has expired, the military who must hv been on surveillance and recco by air and land, shld hv identified the enclaves and hide outs of these beasts and use drones to annihilate them. Even if it means losing some of the girls (if any), it will be better than allowing this to continue all in the name of playing safe to rescue chibok girls. How many soldiers and civilians hv we lost and are going to lose more to these nitwits.. The earlier the better

2 Likes

Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by Iceking1(m): 7:37am On Aug 15, 2014
DEGREE2466: They should die very well. Nigeria soldiers are just nuisants to this country. When it comes to fighting the insurgents they become weak but if it comes to the civilians, there you will see their strenght. Bunch of wicked animals.

Truth is, nigeria police is now better than nigeria army both in corruption and vigilance.

u jst killed it bro, u ve said it all, jst cum to d SS here in Sapele Delta State, here u will knw dat dey only knw hw 2 deal with innocent civilians, thumbs up 2 u bro more greece 2 ur elbow

2 Likes

Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by Amhappy(f): 7:45am On Aug 15, 2014
When will all this end. BH has kidnapped 100 recruits.
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by akpanikpe(m): 7:56am On Aug 15, 2014
More deadly than Ebola wey no allow pple rest for NL dis few days.
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by LordMecuzy(m): 8:01am On Aug 15, 2014
Sincere9gerian: Nigerian media houses should STOP their useless sensational reports from unidentified "sources". If they continue to stoke the fire of terrorism this way because of profits or whatever, they should realize that they themselves are not immune from terrorist attacks.

Lol Nice One GEJ Stooge

Ok they should keep d secrets of our soldiers dying?

We are all Nigerians irrespective of our ethnicity and Party affiliations.

RIP our Gallant soldiers who are dying in numbers just so I and my family can sleep in peace and be alive to be able to comment here on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 15, 2014
Chylo: What a joke!

Military commanders who have no modern understanding of warfare. How can your men keep getting ambushed time and time again. No recon, no advanced planning and strategy, just anywhere belle face? Too bad.

If even one US soldier dies uselessly, dere will be an inquiry. Here, we are loosing our men, not to a better enemy, but to bad leadership. RIP to the unknown soldier.

God bless you my brother . Imagine 30 against 50, the top military officials should be investigated by the senate. Why would we loss such no. Of sodiers? Does it mean they where not equipt. If so what happen to the huge amount of money allocated to the defence ministry?
What happened to our intelligent agencies, does it mean that they did nt do their job well before going on combact?
They just move like Zombies.

2 Likes

Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by LordMecuzy(m): 8:13am On Aug 15, 2014
chisco82:

God bless you my brother . Imagine 30 against 50, the top military officials should be investigated by the senate. Why would we loss such no. Of sodiers? Does it mean they where not equipt. If so what happen to the huge amount of money allocated to the defence ministry?
What happened to our intelligent agencies, does it mean that they did nt do their job fine before going on combact?
They just move live Zombies.
grin
chisco82:

What happened to our intelligent agencies, does it mean that they did nt do their job fine before going on combact?
They just move live Zombies.
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by jabanz(m): 8:17am On Aug 15, 2014
RIP brave soldiers,
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by Kossyne(m): 8:20am On Aug 15, 2014
Respect01: Possible insurgent !!!!!! honestly I doubt it if u are not an insurgent. if u are not, then you like there stupid motive. how could a reasonable person be making this kind of useless comment let me tell you this, The NIGERIAN ARMY is doing a very .....very...very ..GOOD Job!!!! and I pray the almighty God KEEP THEM SAFE. take note of these : 1) the officers and men of the NIGERIAN ARMY are in the bush, for us to be safe to certain extent in the town. 2) they left there family, so u and I could be with our family.......(I'm about crying).....3) they stand in the sun, so u and I could stay in a cool environment....4) they are awake at night, so we could sleep like a baby. let me stop here I believe if you can think right you'll know these guyz are out there for our sake...I pray the almighty God will keep our soldiers safe.....RIP to The KIA......I Love Army ......I love Nigeria

Finally someone in his right senses. The Nigerian Army is the only thing preventing BH from over-running this country.
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by bidexmat(m): 8:21am On Aug 15, 2014
brownlord: Good job boys, send them all to meet their 72 virgins

And to the gallant men that paid the prize, it's better on the other side, God bless your gallant soul.
it's better on the other side ke? U for buy form ooo!
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by buchibabe: 8:32am On Aug 15, 2014
With all this men (military) dying in large numbers, person go still get mind join army?
I feel for their families.
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by checkdate(m): 8:43am On Aug 15, 2014
celeron40: Kingsley Omonobi, Ndahi Marama
MAIDUGURI — No fewer than 50 Boko Haram members and over 30 soldiers were feared killed in an encounter around Pilka, Kirawa and Gwoza communities of Borno State in the last one week, reliable security source has confirmed.
It will be recalled that following the military take-over of Damboa Council Headquarters which was captured by terrorists, suspected Boko Haram gunmen in their hundreds escaped from Damboa and Sambisa Forest where they invaded and captured Gwoza town in Borno State, following last Wednesday=s multiple attacks on several houses, a police station, secretariat complex, and the Emir=s place.
One of the vehicle used by the insurgents on Friday
In the latest Gwoza attacks, even the new Emir, who took over from his late father, who was killed by Boko Haram, Alhaji Muhammed Idrisa Timta narrowly escaped being killed.
A top security source confirmed to our correspondent in Maiduguri that “the deployment of military to Gwoza, weekend, led to serious casualties from both sides, as more than 30 soldiers were ambushed and killed by terrorists in Pilka, Kirawa and other villages on the Maiduguri Bama Gwoza troubled road.
“Also, over 50 of the insurgents were killed in the encounter, but unfortunately, military troops in Kirawa withdrew and returned to Bama where they were reunited with their colleagues at the military barracks following the fire-power from the insurgents. They could not go to Gwoza as directed by their commanders.
AAt T Junction on Banki Road, the terrorists also ambushed the military post where both sides suffered several casualties, although I don’t have details of those killed yet,” the source said.
He added that it was difficult for security operatives to enter Gwoza town where terrorists had a field day, because, most of the villages along the road leading to Gwoza where its inhabitants were sacked, were occupied by terrorists who climbed on trees and opened fire on military operational vehicles.
A text message sent to Director, Defence Information, Major General Chris Olukolade to confirm the incident was not replied.
Meanwhile, following months of making strategies on the best ways of rescuing the over 200 abducted girls of the Government Seconday School, Chibok, the Defence headquarters, yesterday, disclosed that Nigerian soldiers have infiltrated and taken positions in Sambisa forest, the den where the girls and several other hostages were being kept.
Director of Defence Information, Major General Olukolade, who made the disclosure, said that Sambisa Forest is a wide expanse of land covering over 6,000 square kilometres with several communities living inside, noting that this explained why the military could not just go into the forest and bomb the whole place.
Explaining that the armed forces were not relenting in a bid to bring back the girls, General Olukolade said the military wanted to avoid collateral damage in the process of rescuing the Chibok girls, insisting that the foreign collaboration in efforts at achieving this goal was assisting in this regard.
On the take-over of Gwoza town by Boko Haram and the subsequent hoisting of their flags, and counter attacks by soldiers to re-take the town, he said that no portion of Nigeria was available for terrorists to occupy, adding that “if they (terrorists) appear to be doing so now, it was only a joke.”
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/50-bharam-30-soldiers-killed-pilka-gwoza-one-week/&sa=U&ei=uCHtU9f6MKyY0QW4y4HIAQ&ved=0CBoQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNEuUoZZvMJsckkKXj3jqFDeQjwRUQ
THIS IS FAKE NEWS. HOW DID YOU GET THIS INFORMATION ?.
WHERE YOU IN THAT ZONE DURING THE TIME OF THIS EVENT?.
ITS IMPOSSIBLE FOR OUR GREAT AND WONDERFUL SOLDIERS TO DIE IN SUCH A BIG NUMBER.
WHO EVER YOU ARE STOP BRING UP RUBISH NEWS.
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by celeron40(m): 8:54am On Aug 15, 2014
checkdate: THIS IS FAKE NEWS. HOW DID YOU GET THIS INFORMATION ?.
WHERE YOU IN THAT ZONE DURING THE TIME OF THIS EVENNT?.
ITS IMPOSIBLE FOR OUR GREAT AND WONDERFUL SOLDIERS TO DIE IN SUCH A BIG NUMBER.
WHO EVER YOU ARE STOP BRING UP RUBISH NEWS.
Don't be a fool...I pasted the link of the news....and no..its not SaharaReporters...its Vanguard Nigeria..what source can be better than that? You xpect the DHQ to admit losing 30 soldiers? ..Relax your pe.nis.

1 Like

Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by presley64(m): 8:55am On Aug 15, 2014
pacretus:
dat is journalism for u.they use to weighty headlines.

as in ehhhhh, making we d family feel bad
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 15, 2014
Each tym I hear superior fire power of boko haram my heart bleeds.. Y can d 9jerian army not produce guns Nd bullets?? Must we buy everything?? Even if na to copy Hw oyibo take do am.. Y can dey not produce our own mortars Nd d likes.. Defence budget is not for salaries alone na, but because dey wan embezzle d rest dey would say we should import.. Nw few days ago dey said dey captured gwoza we saw pics Buh we didn't c any slain boko member or anything.. Nw Hw do u get ambushed in an area u claim to b controlling?? Does d army PR even understand d meaning of reclaiming an area?? Truth is Hw do dey ambush u unless dey knw u are coming?? In 9jeria we don't value life Nd datz y boko are still killing wif impunity Nd our soldiers are dying same as civilians Nd Ppl we look up to can still afford to politicize TERRORISM
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by Keypha(m): 9:02am On Aug 15, 2014
Remember the commando film collateral damage, God help our military to win the way.
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by ojimbo(m): 9:13am On Aug 15, 2014
ramdris: Rip to the gallant soldiers. We hail your courage.
stop hailing their courage you hypocrite. Go and join them in the fight
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by geophyscist: 9:44am On Aug 15, 2014
Youngmon3Y: R.I.P 2 our gallant soldier
rip to those soldiers but my concern is that those dead soldier are mostly from the south.
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by saintsylve(m): 9:56am On Aug 15, 2014
May the Good LORD grant their soul eternal rest in peace. This is very ridiculous, what on earth do they gain by slaying innocent people. Well I believe soon their game will be up. More grease to our gallant soldiers, go and crush them off this earth.
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by uzoexcel(m): 10:24am On Aug 15, 2014
RIP to the dead soldiers. I hope the government will to well to take care of their beneficiaries!!!!

u are a useless nitwi*t for this ur comments!!!!!u should face the firing squad...those of us who have friends/neighbors/fathers/brothers/uncles trying to fight for this country in some terrible and dehumanising conditions know how terrified, serious heart thumping and helpless we are when we hear such news and its possible to know if our 'blood' is amongst the casualties and most at times its impossible to verify till after some days...and here you are spewing such statements!!!!!!!
u had an issue with a soldier and so by default all of them r the same...if a pastor steals from his church member, it means all men of God are thieves....How very daft of u for this statement..u think because nairaland is a faceless forum gives u the right to talk without thinking? .u should do well to edit and then delete ur post and then do a public apology to people who u have hurt by this statement.

DEGREE2466: They should die very well. Nigeria soldiers are just nuisants to this country. When it comes to fighting the insurgents they become weak but if it comes to the civilians, there you will see their strenght. Bunch of wicked animals.

Truth is, nigeria police is now better than nigeria army both in corruption and vigilance.

Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by xp17(m): 10:30am On Aug 15, 2014
foot soldiers don't win battles anymore, this is 2014. Nigeria needs fire jets, with 5 fire jets on operation, Boko haram would be history.

btw, don't Nigeria has air fore anymore?
stop wasting our soldiers.

1 Like

Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by modestdude(m): 10:42am On Aug 15, 2014
When Ihejirika was compulsorily retired, things fell apart with the prosecution of this war. There are no longer less casualties on the side of the military while motivation keeps going down. Kenneth Minimah seems inept on military intelligence with stories of Ambush all the time. GEJ got it wrong with this appointment

RIP to the gallant soldiers
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by Chibokgame: 10:45am On Aug 15, 2014
Mmmmmmmmm .
After a news like this ,
some Elements will still come out and say Jonathan lacks the political will to fight the boko haram .
When actually it's the People waging war against themselves .

Please God,
Help us to control our tongues while counting our years.
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by Sammyblaq(m): 10:52am On Aug 15, 2014
RIP to the dead soldiers.
I will commend the military(land army) for their effort so far...this is an armed operation; i strongly believe if the AIRforce should come in rightly,this insurgency will end.
Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by currency147: 11:01am On Aug 15, 2014
Rip gallant once

Re: 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. by mabeni(m): 11:02am On Aug 15, 2014
wat else can I say?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amaechi Is Like Biblical Esther, He Has Shamed His Enemies – APC / Donald Trump Blast African Nations / Patience Jonathan Begs EFCC: Let’s Settle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.