Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,285 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues (37491 Views)

Woman Walks Unclad After She Was Scammed By Relatives (PICS) / Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients / American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by olimeh13(m): 4:42am On Aug 15, 2014
fidrach: Naija na only una waka come? Wey the huge sum of money FG said they disbursed for treatment of ebola victim abi na for pages of newspaper that one dey happen? All these embezzlement of public funds and corruption in high and low places on our land, chai chai chai there is God oooo...

... Guy, y e b say una too dey yarn fg... Wetin b una contribution to the growth of nigeria
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by tunde1200(m): 4:43am On Aug 15, 2014
So if they escape from quarantine home as a result of neglect from govt!.
Then we are in big trouble.
But why things don't work well in nija?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Afrok(m): 4:44am On Aug 15, 2014
If only Ebola itself can talk, am sure it would've screamed LIES right from day1
Ebola our govt cannot fight, Ebola victims they can't take care of and simple truth about their health they can't tell us cry. My heart goes to the family of the dead Ebola victims and those presently in isolation, may God personally take care of them and protect those that are offering little help to them also.

Only if Ebola has conscience and feelings, it would've known that govt houses is the best place to start it's strike from, coz only then will they know that lives are at risks.
May God continually protect us all, Amen embarassed

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Nobody: 4:47am On Aug 15, 2014
For the first time on FP, i am totally speechless.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by GodMode: 4:51am On Aug 15, 2014
caseless: Stories like this makes it difficult for me to forgive patrick sawyer and the liberian authority. I'm jst angry at them.

You and the people that like your comments ares f:ools. Its not patrick sawyer or liberia's fault... It is the Nigerian govt fault.

If you've been reading news u would have noticed how Nigerians are been treated cos they come from an ebola stricken country whether they have the disease or not.

The comment quoted below is from a sensible person and answers your stupidity cos I believe you are possessed by too many spirits.

caseless: the media stunt alone pulled by onyebuchi chukwu and labaran maku is enough to make us believe they're working , while they're not.
I stil blame FG for not being proactive; if they had banned all flight from ebola ridden countries or put up arrangement to test everybody coming into Nigeria from those countries, i'm sure this wldn't have happened.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Roseey0(f): 4:53am On Aug 15, 2014
Wen will Fashola start telling lagosians the truth.
He lies about everything

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by millhouse: 4:53am On Aug 15, 2014
True talk

3Dimension: Those people are not quarantined the are imprisoned
They are not in isolation they are outcast

This is not a Country its a geographical location.
We don't have leaders we have opportunist

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Roseey0(f): 4:53am On Aug 15, 2014
dhtml18: For the first time on FP, i am totally speechless.
undecided
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Nobody: 4:55am On Aug 15, 2014
This is so disheartening. It is so sad that we cannot manage just 10 ISOLATED CASES. This shows how prepared we are for an outbreak. This also means that chukwu minister has been lying to us all along- typical of GEJ's administration. How are we now sure that the 177 contacts he said are under surveillance are truly being monitored. I believe he should resign since he cannot manage the situation. Do you know that the American doctor single handedly treating all the ebola cases has left and there is no other nigerian doctor stupid enough to volunteer (see how the present ones with the virus are being treated)? Do you know that GEJ has just sacked resident doctors who form 80 percent of doctors in federal hospitals coming at a point in time when we are in danger of an epidemic? Do you know that if there is an outbreak we will all be on our own. I heard from a source that some nigerians are already stocking up tickets out of the country in case the situation goes out of hand. These 'special nigerians' i'm sure you know. The health workers are nigerians too. They must not be left to die. These are the masses. God help us all.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by GodMode: 4:56am On Aug 15, 2014
davno: USA, Canada, Japan, etc. These are countries without ebola yet they have experimental drugs for it.

Liberia, DRC and in fact the whole of Africa - ebola was discovered here but we have nothing for it. No vaccines, no research, no facilities and no conscience.

Life is tough on its own but life as a black man is really really pathetic.

Not life as a black. Most presidents in Africa are corrupt and that corruption is affecting the whole continent.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by GodMode: 4:58am On Aug 15, 2014
thewarrior72: But lagos state minister of health come out to lie to lagosian that the health conditions of those in quarantine are improving, meanwhile there are been neglected & abandon to their fath. If our gov cannot get right by managing & taking care of this few cases, what will be the faith of the masses when it deteriorate to the level of Liberia or guinea? undecided

Jehovah we dey ur hand

The creator won't create a cure for your problems.. U'll have to use the brain given to you for that.

Go and read Isaiah 45:7

There is no God.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Nobody: 5:03am On Aug 15, 2014
ukukaegbu: Little wonder that nurse ran away to Enugu from that place

And they captured her
Chai
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by GodMode: 5:04am On Aug 15, 2014
dhtml18: For the first time on FP, i am totally speechless.

Stop the lies, with your numerous ....... U probably comment on fp regularly.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by M4gunners: 5:06am On Aug 15, 2014
davno: USA, Canada, Japan, etc. These are countries without ebola yet they have experimental drugs for it.

Liberia, DRC and in fact the whole of Africa - ebola was discovered here but we have nothing for it. No vaccines, no research, no facilities and no conscience.

Life is tough on its own but life as a black man is really really pathetic.
Good observations, then take it to other way, if we should sign homosexual and lesbianism into law, hw are we going to handle HIV/AIDS?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Nobody: 5:06am On Aug 15, 2014
If this is true,then the common man is doomed. Why on hell would a govt be lying with serious situation like this? RevoluTion is imminent,the ruling class can't continue fooling us.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by hushmail: 5:12am On Aug 15, 2014
OMG! Wht happen to d funds gej ordered immediate release?

Wht of Dangote own?

9ja pls dis z nt tym 4 corruption n embezzlement

no one knows who d victim 'll b

lets do d needful

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by OlawumiX: 5:18am On Aug 15, 2014
While I sympathize with the isolated patients, and hold government responsible for our weak/failed health system. The medical personnel who held this press conference are just plain hypocrites, absence of electricity, sanitation and lack attention is how they have been running the hospitals before now. People have been dying of these causes way before now, when did they actually care? Someone said an American doctor has been footing bills what have they as colleges and family been doing? For as long as I can remember doctors have told us that there is no need for anyone to travel abroad for medical treatment because there professionals here- where the professionals now.

Nigerian government needs to do more, much more, the present crisis has exposed the fallacy of our health system. They need to spend money and put policy in place to fight this situation, I am aware that the staffs of Doctors without borders and the CDC are on ground and are actively involved in this but what is the role of the 1000s of staffs of the federal ministry of health in this?

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by niggereyez(f): 5:19am On Aug 15, 2014
hmnn.. SMH
this ONE THING the fed govt. and LSG are 'supposedly' combining efforts to fight...

.....'and d isolation centres where d victims are being taken care of doesn't hav proper water/sanitary system or electricity'....

Chaaiieeeh... these peeps be breeding Ebola here oh... in d name of controlling it!

Indeed corruption has eaten deep into the very fabric of our existence as a nation. .

to the victims. .. by the mercies of God you shall live and not die.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by olasmith10(m): 5:24am On Aug 15, 2014
this isn't the first epidemic, but d govt is handling this with kids gloves.. the effect can be so devastating if it should continue like this.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Nobody: 5:25am On Aug 15, 2014
OlawumiX: While I sympathize with the isolated patients, and hold government responsible for our weak/failed health system. The medical personnel who held this press conference are just plain hypocrites, absence of electricity, sanitation and lack attention is how they have been running the hospitals before now. People have been dying of these causes way before now, when did they actually care? Someone said an American doctor has been footing bills what have they as colleges and family been doing? For as long as I can remember doctors have told us that there is no need for anyone to travel abroad for medical treatment because there professionals here- where the professionals now.

Nigerian government needs to do more, much more, the present crisis has exposed the fallacy of our health system. They need to spend money and put policy in place to fight this situation, I am aware that the staffs of Doctors without borders and the CDC are on ground and are actively involved in this but what is the role of the 1000s of staffs of the federal ministry of health in this?
keep talking trash until you or either your loved ones get affected. If you may know, a government has a DUTY to take care of its citizens. U.S is a govt. Spain is a govt, south korea is a govt. Nigeria is a kangaroo republic

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by BedLam: 5:36am On Aug 15, 2014
Every thread, I see dunces! If they are neglected, how many days will the patients last? lipsrsealed Can an Ebola patient who is not taking medication last more than 5 days? undecided Yeye people!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Odunharry(m): 5:36am On Aug 15, 2014
9geria which way na?
God help us all,Amen
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by englishmart(m): 5:38am On Aug 15, 2014
Damn! This is not right!
Why are the health workers running away when they are mostly needed?

undecided
This is the problem we face in this country. Nobody is willing to make sacrifices!
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Eshence: 5:45am On Aug 15, 2014
My question is Y is nothin workin in dis our country! oOh 9ja!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Nobody: 5:46am On Aug 15, 2014
Eko o ni ogbanje o tongue

grin cheesy cheesy

When I commented on those Fashola's kpako isolation shacks and told Ebola victims to run far away from being isolated there, many Fashola fanatics cursed me and said I should be banned

grin cheesy grin grin

I had forseen this shyt coming. Fashola's isolation shacks are places where you will be locked up till you die to avoid spreading the plague. tongue

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by dollarsplenty(m): 5:49am On Aug 15, 2014
Let's be objective in our comments. i think we need to hear reactions from d other party. tho naija govt is always in bad light before its citizens. govt has to state their own part of the story because it will be very callous to have acted in such way.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Agnesgrace(f): 5:52am On Aug 15, 2014
May God in his great mercy help us in this country. What is Nigeria becoming now.....................? Mr Boko + Mr Ebola but i really know that God will come to our rescue.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by tete7000(m): 5:52am On Aug 15, 2014
The Nigerian way of doing things. We are just incapable of getting anything right... So, so sad. And about our government? They are just a reflection of us as a people. Painful to be a Nigerian but God understands why he made me one, I can't complain.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Layolaw(f): 5:53am On Aug 15, 2014
OMG! And sawyers' widow was ranting rubbish that his husband was coming to Nigeria to get better treatment, haa God 'll not 4give you pple ooo

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by akunjohn(m): 5:53am On Aug 15, 2014
This type of news just brew anger in me,SMH

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by kingthreat(m): 5:57am On Aug 15, 2014
it's a pity, whenever calamity befalls you in Africa, you're left on your own. We are just a group of selfish people and irresponsible leaders. Imagine leaving the infected people in squalid conditions for death to come faster on them. I really pray this Ebola thing doesn't spread out of hands, cos we really cannot manage it. Like we never could manage anything.

dollarsplenty: Let's be objective in our comments. i think we need to hear reactions from d other party. tho naija govt is always in bad light before its citizens. govt has to state their own part of the story because it will be very callous to have acted in such way.

I hope you don't ever get t first-hand eperience to know that the Nigerian government is run by a group of incompetent and irresponsible people who don't care about the remaining populace.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Government owned Kidney transplant centres in Nigeria including cost / Theatre Roof Caves In During Live Surgery In Ghana, One Dies (photos) / I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.