Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,652 members, 7,955,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:28 AM

Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues (37700 Views)

Woman Walks Unclad After She Was Scammed By Relatives (PICS) / Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients / American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by nora544: 2:15pm On Aug 15, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpPt9Wt3QtM

Ebola Virus Particles Can Be Transmitted By Air - Prof. S.A. Omilabu

Was he sleeping when he hears the first time about Ebola in West Africa
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by ojinku(m): 2:30pm On Aug 15, 2014
I can't just imagine shaking my guy ''O boy how far'', and after 2 or 3 days i will see some policemen coming to my house with the person I shook 2 or 3 days ago, telling them that I am amongst the persons he had contacts with. That means I'm going to be quarantined. Even if I didn't contact it, only putting me together with the people that have it, it will automatically transfer to me. GOD FORBID. God punish devil.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Spirit1(m): 2:30pm On Aug 15, 2014
The $12 million budgeted by the FG has gone into the pockets of a select few. If we are not careful as a country Ebola will wipe us out in millions. There has been similar pandemics in history that has killied people on millions. At this pace the flu pandemic that wiped millions out in Europe in the 1920's will pale to what Ebola will do to Nigerians.

If these index patients who all come from middle class families can be treated this way, now think about what will happen to the average poor Nigerian if they are infected.

Jonathan, Chukwu, Idris , Nigerian politicians; this one is not business a usual...oooo. We go hear'am..ooooo. The virulence of the current Ebola strain has never been seen in history.
Very soon we will not be laughing anymore.

Release the appropriated money and use it to provide intervention and treatment for patients.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by austinvsb1(m): 2:31pm On Aug 15, 2014
Amya:

Shey the people that called the press conference are medical practitioners. Why don't they volunteer their services to the victims of this disease. I'm sure they would need any help they can get. The same goes for every other persons here who think enough isn't being done for the victims. Volunteer your services at the Ebola health centres today! I'm sure you services will be greatly appreciated. Sitting behind computer screens and being sympathetic will do those people no good.

Really?? Did you read that before posting?? In a country where efforts are rendered ineffective & useless because of the corruptions stemming from the highest seat of authority?

I will readily volunteer to work in this isolation centres all day long if things were properly put in place! Or would you have me go care for ebola infected patients with bare hands??! I know more than 10 persons that ll gladly risk their lifes for a cause if they were sure they were saving lives and helping the human race survive and that includes me!

This country needs a urgent change in governance! A really urgent one!!
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Spirit1(m): 2:41pm On Aug 15, 2014
Biafrarep: Pathetic indeed!! Both the FG and Lagos state government have been playing media stunts all these while that they are on top of the situation even when in reality they don't give a rat ass. No matter how much you try to be patriotic, those bloody rulers will always give you reasons to despise your fatherland. Don't we have the resources to adequately take care of these few victims? the population of Liberia, Sierra-Leon and Guinea are not up to the population of Lagos state even with fifteen times the landmass and far much less mobility and vibrancy yet they recorded such tragedy, if we are to extrapolate this with Lagos and its monstrous population density, are we not going to have a disaster of catastrophic proportions?? As scary and nightmarish as this situation appears, one would naturally assume that those in authority would channel all resources and efforts in confronting this Ebola virus head on.

Once again, the attitude and world view of an average Nigerian and indeed the black race is reprehensible. We are utterly selfish and irresponsible!!

Just listen to what one of those spokesperson said, that we cannot handle the situation on our own, that we need international help to treat the victims and this is coming from a medical practitioner!! then you begin to wonder if its rocket science to treat or take care of EV victims but the truth of the matter is that known of the so called doctors or nurses are ready to take the risk, but they forget that the nature of their job involves taking such risk. The same way a soldier knows that his job involves fighting wars that could kill him or a commercial driver plying the highways everyday and knowing he could be involved in a fatal accident, ditto to all other professions but nobody wants to take responsibility in Nigeria, we take flight at the remotest possibility of personal risk even if taking action could save many lives worse still when we realize a fait acomplis of certain death lurking, we would want other people to die with us rather than die alone(the sawyer syndrome)

We need a radical change of attitude from the top to the grass root, else we will continue to be tough, short and brutish for the black race.

The fact that the current victims are not being cared for will discourage even the most compassionate doctor from providing care for these patients. Your analogy with soldiers is interesting; but will you send a soldier to a war front without any gun or protective gear?
Doctors are mortals too.
Pressure your government to release funds already budgeted for this and not line their bank accounts!!!
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by tete7000(m): 2:59pm On Aug 15, 2014
otokx:

Many sincere Nigerians come here and tell us that electricity has improved so what are you saying?

If someone who doesn't use to have power at all suddenly start getting an average of 4hrs light every week, isn't that an improvement? The word improvement is a relative term, it compares what used to be with what currently obtains. A worst can turn to worse and worse can become bad. All are improvements still in negative realm. Tell me if I am wrong
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by fajani(m): 3:06pm On Aug 15, 2014
In the name of Jesus Christ which everything is asked through will be answered. I pray that God Almighty, the creator of heaven and earth, ancient of Days, King of kings, Lord of Lords, the beginning and the end, the Messiah, Son of David, God of Abraham, The God who delivered isreal from pharaoh, Delivered all the Ebola victims from the pharaoh of there life, God who delivered the Isreal from a slave camp and led them to a promise Land, lead those who are in the captivity of Ebola Virus in there promise land. God who led isreal through the red Sea, Ebola is nothing to compare to red Sea, my Father my Lord, perform a miracle. You are a miracle worker.. Let the Government knows that you Rule over the Heaven and Earth. You are God Almighty.... You don't change..Save our nation. Nigeria....
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by RuuDie(m): 3:10pm On Aug 15, 2014
Does anyone know how much does protective equipment for medics cost?

I am having the mind to buy something, anything and donate to any of these healthcare units catering for the ebola victims...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Amya(f): 3:36pm On Aug 15, 2014
austinvsb1:

Really?? Did you read that before posting?? In a country where efforts are rendered ineffective & useless because of the corruptions stemming from the highest seat of authority?

I will readily volunteer to work in this isolation centres all day long if things were properly put in place! Or would you have me go care for ebola infected patients with bare hands??! I know more than 10 persons that ll gladly risk their lifes for a cause if they were sure they were saving lives and helping the human race survive and that includes me!

This country needs a urgent change in governance! A really urgent one!!

If you want to volunteer, then do that already! if you and your buds go and don't see the equipments you need to go about your duties, then you can come back here and write about how the Nigerian government has failed you. only then will I listen to what you have to say.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Amya(f): 3:50pm On Aug 15, 2014
urchpath:

My dear your posts have shown your level of hatred for doctors. You have made it so obvious and technically laid all the blames on us. Well you are entitled to your opinion.

BTW you can still make your points clear without insulting someone.

Lest I forget, IDH needs your volunteer services in this critical moment. At least that will prove you are better than the doctors.

Thank you

I don't hate doctors. Just hypocrites in general
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by room089: 4:34pm On Aug 15, 2014
You see why I keep saying: Quarantine no be Kwara tin o!

caseless: Stories like this makes it difficult for me to forgive patrick sawyer and the liberian authority. I'm jst angry at them.

Honestly my guy you are right. Remember the thread I created about this:" Will The Death Of Patrick Sawyer Sever Nigeria's Relationship With Liberia?"
If you take your time to read about that liberian ebola bomber, you will understand that the misssion of that e.vil man was clearly planned from liberia. And he executed it as planned.

In Nigeria nothing is guaranteed. You are always on your own. Let's just pray that the virus doesn't spread further. Should that happen, I see this entity called Nigeria decimated o!
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Caseless: 4:42pm On Aug 15, 2014
caseless: ofcourse, she did more harm than good. Imagine that oaf taking ebola to enugu; she made contact with 21 pple, and if care is not taken, those 21 might face what these victims are facing right now.
*cries*
godmode, this is my post regarding the action of that woman. U can now see that i judged disintrestedly and have not singled out or exempted anyone involved.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by omortoyosi01(m): 4:46pm On Aug 15, 2014
Menh...Nah only God fit save us 4 diz country o
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by cococandy(f): 4:51pm On Aug 15, 2014
The worst thing that can happen to anyone is getting quarantined together with an infected person when they are not really infected.
Just saying cos I don't know if each patient has a different cell or are they all together?
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Caseless: 4:58pm On Aug 15, 2014
room089: You see why I keep saying: Quarantine no be Kwara tin o!

Honestly my guy you are right. Remember the thread I created about this:" Will The Death Of Patrick Sawyer Sever Nigeria's Relationship With Liberia?"
If you take your time to read about that liberian ebola bomber, you will understand that the misssion of that e.vil man was clearly planned from liberia. And he executed it as planned.

In Nigeria nothing is guaranteed. You are always on your own. Let's just pray that the virus doesn't spread further. Should that happen, I see this entity called Nigeria decimated o!
jst my point. Somebody sent sawyer to us.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Damzil(f): 6:16pm On Aug 15, 2014
Nice write-up
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by korm2me(m): 6:57pm On Aug 15, 2014
Liability: with all our education we dont know how to do anything in this country.

Nonsense!
u can say that a million times.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by zabetheagle(f): 10:59pm On Aug 15, 2014
means wat
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by michealade(m): 9:02am On Aug 16, 2014
Abeg,oya mke una tell me.y person wey get ebola go come go hospital...na to infect odas now
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by ola9ja(m): 9:58am On Aug 16, 2014
I thought as much, no wonder the secondary contact all fled, later onyebuchi, minister of health will come out with that his big smelling deceitful mouth to address the issue public to be well taking care of, our leaders from the president to the least of power, you are wicked , and you will not go unpunished your generation will suffer it .
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 16, 2014
Ebola: Nigerian doctor miraculously recovers, discharged from hospital:

READ @=> http://davidvsnaija..com/2014/08/ebola-nigerian-doctor-miraculously.html
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by delishpot: 1:37am On Aug 17, 2014
Greeeaaaaaattttttttt NIGERIAN LEADERS!

GREAT!
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by laudate: 2:35am On Aug 21, 2014
The Nigerian doctor has passed on.... she didn't make it.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ebola-strikes-at-the-heart-of-nigeria-/186843/

The Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) struck at the heart of Nigeria, when Dr. Ameyo Stella Adadevoh, a consultant
physician, and member of the illustrious Kwaku Adadevoh/Herbert Macaulay/Bishop Samuel Ajayi Crowder lineage succumbed to the scourge of the disease.

Adadevoh contracted the virus from the Liberian, Mr. Patrick Sawyer, who imported the disease into Nigeria.

Sources close to Adadevoh, 58, said she succumbed to the disease yesterday evening, having been in a coma for some days. Adadevoh, who is survived by one son, had led the medical team at First Consultants Medical Centre, a Lagos-based hospital, which treated Sawyer on his arrival in Lagos.

As the head of operations at First Consultants, Adadevoh was praised for being the first to detect that Sawyer, who was admitted at First Consultants for five days before his death, was not being truthful when he denied that he was infected with the Ebola virus.

After he had tested negative for malaria and other diseases, she was said to have ordered that his blood be tested for Ebola. It was the positive result of the test that enabled the hospital to contact the Lagos State health authorities about the first Ebola patient in the country.

Her death brings to five, including the index case Sawyer, the total number of persons who have succumbed to the scourge of the disease in Nigeria.

Among those who have passed on, Adedavoh is the first doctor and the fourth Nigerian to have died from the virus. Others who died before her comprised two nurses and the ECOWAS protocol officer, Jatto Abdulqudir, who picked up an already infected Sawyer from the Murtala Muhammad International Airport (MMIA), Lagos.

However, five others who contracted the disease from Sawyer have been discharged while two others remain in the isolation ward at the Infectious Disease Hospital, Yaba, Lagos.

Prior to Adadevoh’s death, her family and colleagues had held a press briefing in Lagos appealing to the US government to intervene to keep her from dying. cry cry

They felt that the medical care she was getting in the isolation ward was insufficient and had called on the US government to send the ZMapp trial drug to save her life. cry

Adadevoh comes from an illustrious family of physicians, politicians, statesmen and clerics.

Her father, the late Dr. Babatunde Kwaku Adadevoh, was a renowned Harvard University-trained physician and former vice-chancellor of the University of Lagos, while her grandmother was the daughter of Sir Herbert Samuel Macaulay, a foremost politician and founder of Nigerian nationalism in the early 1940s.

Macaulay himself was the grandson of Bishop Samuel Ajayi Crowther, who was ordained the first African Bishop of the Anglican Church in Nigeria in 1864, making Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh, his great-great-great-grand daughter. The Adadevoh family can trace their roots to the Creoles in Sierra Leone, Ghana and South-west Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Levelzguy(m): 3:36pm On Sep 25, 2014
Amya:

Who is this govt you talk about? Is it the name of an animal, place or thing?

What is your contribution to the entity called Nigeria since the day you were born? What free community services have you done? Where have you volunteered to help out in skill you're good at without being paid, how have you as a person impacted the life's of the people around you?

Get yourself off your entitlement high horse. Those country that you compare with Nigeria have good people and this reflected in their government. Try becoming a better person, and maybe then you will be more than a cow in europe. Dunce!
na ur father and ur generation be dunce..u responded as if you were on a personal vendetta with me and refused to address the real issue.how do u who whether or not I'm a better person.why do u think being a bonafide citizen of this country alone doesn't fonfer me the moral high ground to demand accountability and better service from people that we voted to serve us.because u fink u can speak little english u decided it was best to pick on me and bare your foolishness to the public.ogun lo ma pa e

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Four Months After Abortion No Menstruation / 12-Year-Old Homeless Nigerian Girl Gives Birth To A Baby At A Dump Site / Christopher Gilbert Fighting For Life After White "Friends" Push Him Into Lake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.