Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,669 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues (37502 Views)

Woman Walks Unclad After She Was Scammed By Relatives (PICS) / Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients / American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by omega2128(m): 8:47am On Aug 15, 2014
its a shame on federal govt with their crazy federal executive meetings. News like this makes ebola look dreadful (minding the fact the we are all going to die just a matter of where, how and when).
Quarantine is different from imprisonment. If victims are treated like animals then nigeria is going to have alot of Patrick Sawyer.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by VellyG(m): 8:55am On Aug 15, 2014
davno: USA, Canada, Japan, etc. These are countries without ebola yet they have experimental drugs for it.

Liberia, DRC and in fact the whole of Africa - ebola was discovered here but we have nothing for it. No vaccines, no research, no facilities and no conscience.

Life is tough on its own but life as a black man is really really pathetic.
Nigeria has Nanosilver vaccine for Ebola.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Howmanage: 8:56am On Aug 15, 2014
ukukaegbu: Little wonder that nurse ran away to Enugu from that place
then imagine what Liberian care of Ebola victims must have looked like. Then you might understand why Patrick Sawyer ran

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by kaybills(m): 8:58am On Aug 15, 2014

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by bidexmat(m): 9:02am On Aug 15, 2014
caseless: Stories like this makes it difficult for me to forgive patrick sawyer and the liberian authority. I'm jst angry at them.
point noted, bt enough of the blames. This is to tell u nigeria is not working, our own gov't has failed us. Check round na, from insurgency, political/religious crisis, to ebola outbreak, none has been contained/managed.worst of all, even basic amenities is notin to write home about @ 54. Wen wil dis change happen wen the world is slowly coming to an end. We need a revolution. They are not even scared of lying to nigerians. We nid to instill dat fear in them. Seriously I am beginning to believe Nigeria is a lie. This is sickening!!!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Howmanage: 9:03am On Aug 15, 2014
2sExy1: I am not surprised at all. This shit may hit our door steps faster than we think because the Nigerian government has NEVER be known to be proactive.

I blame sawyer for bringing this to us ooooo. Ah...

All those fools that have been cracking joke with this thing, very soon, you will know that this is horror movie out of tv screens and living among us... Just wait!

I can't say God save us because God does not work that way... He is one who believe in action, which the Nigerian youth is apparently lacking by large margin. Even Isreal does not say God save... They Fight for what is thiers!

Soon, we will learn to vote wisely in our next life and not sell our souls to these monsters and bastards.

This is what we have brought upon ourselves... Because we do not know the power we possess as a people of the nation.

Soon, victims will out number doctors in hospitals that they can't cater for...

Vote wisely, we wont.

Demand for your right, we wont...

Suffering and smiling, we have A+ in that.

Na our oil, na our groundnut money ddem use use build refineries... You see fools tribalizing everything.

This will be our greatest undoing as the common man.

Hate me if you want, we will learn a very hard lesson from this...by the time you see people dying like chickens and being neglected on the streets like it's going on in Liberiar.

Nigerians? Giant of Africa my foot! Jokers!
God bless you sir

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Kimmo(f): 9:04am On Aug 15, 2014
IGBOSON1: When i tell you guys this is one fuc/ked up country we're living in, i'll be shouted down! I bet they've already scrambled for the money Dangote donated (with specific instructions that it's mainly for Lagos state) and pilfered the lot under some spurious 'miscellaneous expenses' heading!

In one way, you can't blame the medical personnel for running away (seeing how the ones infected are being left to their own fate); yet again, it's what they signed up for, and if they know they're not up to the task the decent thing to do would be to throw in the towel and resign, while demanding that the federal and state ministries of health give those poor souls the proper treatment they deserve!

I've always said it that Nigerian Doctors, Nurses and other medical personnel are mainly materialistic, greedy, arrogant and short-tempered little hitlers, and are in it just for the money......not for some noble desire to save human life and limit human suffering! When push comes to shove, that's when they're 'shown up' for who and what they really are! Of course there's always the few decent ones still out there.....but as i stressed, they're few, and far between!

Not to belittle the gravity of the situation, but LMAO @ arrogant and short tempered little hitlers. grin cheesy grin
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by elohorayodele: 9:04am On Aug 15, 2014
NgeneUkwenu: Everything about this government is zero zero zero!

Both the state and FG are culpable.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by FILUX(m): 9:07am On Aug 15, 2014
dis ebola issue is bcomng like wht we see in horror movie.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by GodMode: 9:13am On Aug 15, 2014
Janetozi: the fool has said in his heart, "there is no God" psalm 14

for the invincible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Roman 1vs20

if u don't believe in God, then ur existence is by accident

God have cure to all disesase:

and said, if thou with diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God & will do that which is right in his sight. & will give ear to his commandments & keep all his status. I will put non of these disease upon thee......, exodus 15: 26

and the Lord will take away 4rm thee all sickness......... Deuteronomy 7:15

then they cry unto the Lord in their trouble, & he saved them out of their distress. He sent his world and healed them....... Psalm 107:19-20

he healed the broken in heart and bind up their wound. psalm 147:3
surly he hath borne our grief and carry our sorrow; yet we did esteem him stricken smitten of God and afflicted, but he was wounded by our transgression, he was bruised 4 our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him and by his trip we are healed. Isaiah 53: 5-5

this Ebola is not for the children of God, it is for the people of Pharaoh and unbelievers like you.

Believe in him or die

You quote a book you know nothing about. You don't even know its origin. There's no such thing as believer and unbeliever.

There is no god.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Reference(m): 9:18am On Aug 15, 2014
ukukaegbu: Little wonder that nurse ran away to Enugu from that place

Ran to Enugu to do what. What kind of post is this. Do we think ebola is a tea party. IT HAS NO CURE. The vast majority of viruses donot. The only treatment is to boost your immume system, prevent long term damage and fight secondary - bacterial infection so the number of drugs you can administer is very limited.

That's why I continue to repeat that we cannot afford to underestimate the destructive capabilities of this virus. I mean the US CDC continues to insist that prevention is the best way to end this epidemic. That in itself is a damning response to friends and families but acknowledges the fact that only one out of ten victims survives. To this end our government has done relatively well to contain it.

I am really sorry for the families who may have to watch their loved ones die a horrible, terrible death without being able to do anything physical for them but this is not the time to get emotional about it and take unnecessary risk. Stay clear of that place and let those who are prepared to take the risk and sacrifice their lives do their jobs. Ebola doesn't care whether you are a government official or not.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by iiichidodo: 9:18am On Aug 15, 2014
Strap yourself in everyone,we are in for one long bumpy ride.....I see thousands getting infected including the corrupt ones,even the very doctors and nurses running away won't be unaffected one way or the other..This here should be veiwed as a cataclysmic event.Bubonic plague has got nothing on Ebola,our saving grace is the virus ain't airborne yet thus individuals are able to safeguard themselves and so getting infected should be viewed as carelessness.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by eejo(m): 9:24am On Aug 15, 2014
Nigeria Doctors are to be blamed they have been incharge of Nigeria health care system since 1960 yet lack administrative qualities for christ sake if ten people cannot have proper treatment then we are finished
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Caseless: 9:25am On Aug 15, 2014
GodMode:

You and the people that like your comments ares f:ools. Its not patrick sawyer or liberia's fault... It is the Nigerian govt fault.

If you've been reading news u would have noticed how Nigerians are been treated cos they come from an ebola stricken country whether they have the disease or not.

The comment quoted below is from a sensible person and answers your stupidity cos I believe you are possessed by two many spirits.

asinines like u find it so rock-hard to allow opinion of others to percolate u. Have u seen the vid evidence frm cctv showing patrick sawyer at d airport to see his condition b4 coming to nigeria? Hav u heard d company he worked for in liberia ask him to stop coming to work since they realised his sister died of ebola and he made contact with her? Have u heard he defied all medical warning not to travel and did come to nigeria against warning? He knew wat he was carrying and decided to bring dis upon us...and he knew nigerians ar vulnerable too. Don't think i'm possessed by dual spirit, i tried to make a balance. I blame FG for not doing wat cud have prevented sawyer frm coming to Nigeria since he was infected and, i blame sawyer for bringing d disease to us.
I repeat, i find it difficult to forgive sawyer and d liberian authority. Go and die!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Janetozi(f): 9:27am On Aug 15, 2014
I know all that needs to be know about the bible, there is God
GodMode:

You quote a book you know nothing about. You don't even know its origin. There's no such thing as believer and unbeliever.

There is no god.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Dewze(m): 9:31am On Aug 15, 2014
IGBOSON1:

....I've always said it that Nigerian Doctors, Nurses and other medical personnel are mainly materialistic, greedy, arrogant and short-tempered little hitlers, and are in it just for the money......

You did not describe The Nigerian Doctors and Nurses, you have only just described the greater population of Nigerians including yourself.

Nigeria has an institutional problem. Let us find the way to mend our institutions rather than conveniently throwing blames at individuals and groups.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Shegbe: 9:31am On Aug 15, 2014
BedLam: Every thread, I see dunces! If they are neglected, how many days will the patients last? lipsrsealed Can an Ebola patient who is not taking medication last more than 5 days? undecided Yeye people!
Another e-diot spotted. Everything you read here is true. I personally know the family of one of the nurses who was affected. So if you have nothing useful to say, get a job and get a life!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Caseless: 9:32am On Aug 15, 2014
bidexmat: point noted, bt enough of the blames. This is to tell u nigeria is not working, our own gov't has failed us. Check round na, from insurgency, political/religious crisis, to ebola outbreak, none has been contained/managed.worst of all, even basic amenities is notin to write home about @ 54. Wen wil dis change happen wen the world is slowly coming to an end. We need a revolution. They are not even scared of lying to nigerians. We nid to instill dat fear in them. Seriously I am beginning to believe Nigeria is a lie. This is sickening!!!
check my sencond post on this thread(it is like d 5th post on page zero on dis thread), u'd wil see how i blame our govt. Leadership is our problem!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by NobleG1(m): 9:40am On Aug 15, 2014
davno: USA, Canada, Japan, etc. These are countries without ebola yet they have experimental drugs for it.

Liberia, DRC and in fact the whole of Africa - ebola was discovered here but we have nothing for it. No vaccines, no research, no facilities and no conscience.bu

Life is tough on its own but life as a black man is really really pathetic.

The problem with Africa is corruption. Stu*pid African leaders are only after one thing & one thing only - To loot their countries' public funds!

What makes it more shocking is that these thieves always travel abroad for very expensive medications while their country men and women languish in dilapidated "hospital" buildings with no basic medical equiptment and drugs!

They could easily build exact or better replicas of the hospitals they patronize abroad in their respective countries, but they would rather loot public funds and impoverish their people than to alleviate their suffering!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by guyla: 9:41am On Aug 15, 2014
To think i almost blamed the nurse that escaped lagos to her village,,

Nobody wishes to die the ebola death
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by vicoloni(m): 9:45am On Aug 15, 2014
Out of the over N3m allocated to a certain LCDA in Ikorodu to create awareness on Ebola among the residents, only N100k was released by the Chairman to the Health department!

That is just the microcosm of the larger government. Smh.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Sunshinelady(f): 9:48am On Aug 15, 2014
Dosoq: Naija n its poor system,d painful tin is dt d money allocated for dis EBOLA tin is gona b shared among these POLITHIEVIANS n des poor ppl will b left 2 die,dey r already dieing n mite stil if nt properly taken care of. http://lindaikeji..de/2014/08/photo-another-nigerian-nurse-dies-of.html?m=1
. What a tragedy!! God hav mercy
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Reference(m): 9:48am On Aug 15, 2014
9jatatafo: Nigeria is a country built on faulty foundation. We breath the air of corruption. As deadly as EVD is, we still play politics with it. Until we the common citizens start dying like flies and EVD is out of control then govt officials will be serious. We are just too money conscious in this country. What use is money when we are sick and dying? Imagine a doctor wasting in IDH and no one is concerned? I don't blame the other doctors that are avoiding the EVD victims. Nigeria is a sorry nation.

Faulty foundation?? Have I not been lamenting this for years ....are people listening?? Perhaps the silver lining of this epidemic is what I call the 'formation of a nation'. The kind of experiences that the world wars caused to the advancemement of America, Europe and parts of Asia. Maybe ebola as an arch enemy will unite us, refocus us away from our money centred, vain and selfish lives to a more egalitarian society.

They say grave conflict reboots the memory and elevates the thinking and that suffering is a tonic for the soul.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by hermesprogidy(m): 9:51am On Aug 15, 2014
thewarrior72: But lagos state minister of health come out to lie to lagosian that the health conditions of those in quarantine are improving, meanwhile there are been neglected & abandon to their fath. If our gov cannot get right by managing & taking care of this few cases, what will be the faith of the masses when it deteriorate to the level of Liberia or guinea? undecided

Jehovah we dey ur hand
As a Public Health professional, I know it's no qualms for people in that sector to falsify reports when it suits them. The same scenario playing out with ebola is what played out with HIV. Due to the incredibly poor state of our Public Health system, the real but never mentioned plan for people who contacted ebola is containment through elimination. I know people will quote me and say all sorts, but that is the sad truth. Is it a government that can't provide cheap UBP facilities for it's health care workers and has to wait for the likes of USAID, DFID, Global Fund and MTN Foundation to do that for them, that will provide expensive immune booster drugs and antibiotics for ebola patients? The government just keeps lying to us everyday. A friend of mine who works in a private hospital in egbeda area of Lagos told me one of the people who had contact with mr sawyer showed up sick @ their hospital on Sunday, meanwhile we are being told that all primary contacts have been put in containment centers. Though I don't support the absconded nurse and the abscondee family as their actions were totally selfish, you cannot totally blame them because they already know what will happen to them in those isolation centers. The sad truth is that this latest outbreak of ebola is just another financial windfall for crooked government officials and NGOs. They don't really care what happens to the ebola patients.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:52am On Aug 15, 2014
hushmail: OMG! Wht happen to d funds gej ordered immediate release?

Wht of Dangote own?

9ja pls dis z nt tym 4 corruption n embezzlement

no one knows who d victim 'll b

lets do d needful
Someone like Mr Dangote knows the kind of country he is from.

He should have contacted Map BioPharma, the makers of ZMapp experimental drug and brought it in himself.

He should have sent the one million dollars to Map BioPharma to send ZMapp to Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Sunshinelady(f): 9:54am On Aug 15, 2014
fidrach: Naija na only una waka come? Wey the huge sum of money FG said they disbursed for treatment of ebola victim abi na for pages of newspaper that one dey happen? All these embezzlement of public funds and corruption in high and low places on our land, chai chai chai there is God oooo...
. People love to play d blame game. Dis ebola is not an issue of money. Patrick Sawyer was a wealthy man, & even an American citizen , but his money didn't save him. There is no cure for ebola, doctors are on strike, there are insufficeint health personel workin to save dese ebola patients, dats wats killin dem, not funds my dear. Insted of blaming, y not go wear labcoat & protectiv suit & contribute ur quota at d quarantine centre, at least u can help feed dem or read d bible to dem

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:58am On Aug 15, 2014
omenka: I find it hard to believe there is a more fvcked up government on this planet than the government of Nigeria!!

All these, yet we have the likes of Dangote et al. that have donated a whopping N150million to tackle the scourge.
what exactly are the monies being used for?? I could bet my last breath they hardly feed those people!!!

I swear by God, I woke up this morning, going to the bathroom to brush my teeth, a thought just struck me, I was like: "how exactly are the ebola patients been taken care of?? Sure they are not being mistreated??"
I finished from the bathroom, threw myself on the bed, hit the homepage of the site, and boom, I saw this thread!!!!!

I really feel sorry for those folks. Saying they are on deathrow is putting it mildly; they are already in the electric chair!!! This is Nigeria!!!

This situation gives some insight into what would become of the victims of Boko Haram activities in whose names monies were collected from corporate organisations and individuals (over 50billion raised I gathered)!! Not a dime would get to the intended beneficiaries of those funds!!

Jonathan's government is a 419 organisation, period!!! angry
Sanford should have donated the money to Map BioPharma for the provision of the ZMapp drug to Nigeria or to WHO to build a standard Isolation centre and supply PPE for Health workers.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by jpphilips(m): 10:00am On Aug 15, 2014
caseless: Stories like this makes it difficult for me to forgive patrick sawyer and the liberian authority. I'm jst angry at them.

when stories like this should make you burn your leaders alive, ordinary Guinea have recorded over 60 survivors while we are waiting for three to die.
Prof Onyebuchi chukwu must go!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:02am On Aug 15, 2014
I wonder what our private Jet flying Billionaire Pastors are doing to safe guard their members. These Pastors should have worked together to get the experimental drugs to Nigeria.

The pharmaceutical company said they are out of stock. They can not continue sending the drug to Africa free of charge.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by NobleG1(m): 10:05am On Aug 15, 2014
I have said this many times and I'll say it once again now!
Nigeria IS A FAILED STATE.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by TOYNEX(f): 10:05am On Aug 15, 2014
God help us
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Flexskillz(m): 10:05am On Aug 15, 2014
I knew all these claim by the FG were all lies! Real casualties figure and contacted cases might be far higher.
News I got this morning from some one close to the latest casualty is just scary.
I don't want to say God will help us because we fail to help ourselves where we can. God will judge our wicked leaders.
Smh for this country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Theatre Roof Caves In During Live Surgery In Ghana, One Dies (photos) / How To Get Big Breast, Hip And Big Butt?? / NCDC Donates PPE To Ogun Nurses Wearing Waste Bags After Politics Nigeria Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.