Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues (37498 Views)

Woman Walks Unclad After She Was Scammed By Relatives (PICS) / Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients / American Ebola Patients Saved With A "Secret Serum" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 15, 2014
Nawa o, so dey jst wana lock dem up somwhr in a socalled isolation centre wifout givin dem necessary treatment. By d time dese ebola patients vex n start going on rampage to infect evribody in d isolation facility including staffs den mayb the govt will sit up.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by EvilBrain1(m): 12:18pm On Aug 15, 2014
Anybody who isn't happy with how the Ebola patients are being cared for is welcome to wear the space suit, go in and take care of them. They're still looking for volunteers.

Its easy to sit in the safety of your homes and offices and complain and demonize those who are risking their lives every day to care for them. You hypocrites are all part of the problem. You've done nothing to help other than whining and complaining and useless prayers, yet you feel justified to condemn others. You are even abusing the poor nurse who is just another innocent victim and had no motive to endanger others. How do you know that she's not reading this thread and losing hope?

If you want to help the Ebola victims, then come and volunteer. Or send them letters of encouragement, or get well soon cards. Or educate people around you to stop stigmatizing victims, family members and the health workers who care for them.

If you're not willing to do something tangible and useful, then at least have the decency to STFU and stop your whining.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by jpphilips(m): 12:20pm On Aug 15, 2014
wazobiaN9:

You should also direct your anger at a totally derelict and inept government that was not proactive neither up to the task now that the die is cast.

Jonathan was busy smiling with the health minister who presented his hand sanitizer, most likely being sold by his family member to the government, instead of tackling the grim realities on ground. To all those jokers it is always business as usual.

It will soon be time for change!

Which change? the committee of m0r0ns aka Nigerian people want the fvcktard in Aso rock till Christ come
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Chinwem(f): 12:20pm On Aug 15, 2014
gratiaeo: Nigeria is a failure

A very big one
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 15, 2014
Exactly! I was trying to be fair to the man before... but I just keep getting angry at both the man and why there where no health authorities at that time to screen everybody coming in from liberia, guinea and sierra leone.

caseless: Stories like this makes it difficult for me to forgive patrick sawyer and the liberian authority. I'm jst angry at them.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by hollandis(f): 12:21pm On Aug 15, 2014
NgeneUkwenu: Everything about this government is zero zero zero!

It is the lagos state govt,he isolated them to kill them.Nigerians knows how to take action without sense
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 15, 2014
davno: USA, Canada, Japan, etc. These are countries without ebola yet they have experimental drugs for it.

Liberia, DRC and in fact the whole of Africa - ebola was discovered here but we have nothing for it. No vaccines, no research, no facilities and no conscience.

Life is tough on its own but life as a black man is really really pathetic.
So true....bt every1 of us makes up dis term called black.....
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Reference(m): 12:27pm On Aug 15, 2014
ojinku:

Imagine that I went to an NDDC office yesterday (government office), there was no water to flush the toilet after urinating let alone to wash my hands in the wash-hand basin. In fact, it's like I was seeing MR EBOH physically there.

With their multi-billion dollar budget. Is that not enough proof that money does not buy civilisation. Is it not a sign that the black man has serious issues.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
[size=28pt]You see how the Ebola epidemic hoax is working?

People with malaria, typhoid etc. could be put into centres and labelled Ebola patients.

They are then given no treatment for their typhiod etc as no treatment can be given for Ebola

When they die it is recorded as an Ebola death therefore helping the propagandists make us believe lots of people are dying from Ebola.[/size]
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:30pm On Aug 15, 2014
nora544:

I can tell you "It is mandatory that we finish the new big church" Adeboye told this his followers at a time Ebola is in Nigeria!

This new drug Zmap, I know how they make it and the problem is that they cannot make it as fast they need it and that this two american are stil alive could be also come from the treatment they get in America.
[b]Brantly began to deteriorate and developed labored breathing. He told his doctors he thought he was dying, according to a source with firsthand knowledge of the situation.
Knowing his dose was still frozen, Brantly asked if he could have Writebol's now-thawed medication. It was brought to his room and administered through an IV. Within an hour of receiving the medication, Brantly's condition dramatically improved. He began breathing easier; the rash over his trunk faded away. One of his doctors described the events as "miraculous."

By the next morning, Brantly was able to take a shower on his own before getting on a specially designed Gulfstream air ambulance jet to be evacuated to the United States.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/08/04/health/experimental-ebola-serum/

This is not a final bus stop in the cure. The drug worked miraculously. It is difficult for Map BioPharma to make the drugs because they are bearing the whole cost. If our Billionaire Pastors care for their congregation, this would be a sacrifice they can come together and tackle.

If they do not, then they do not deserve the respect they get.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Tinyemeka(m): 12:32pm On Aug 15, 2014
lowgeorge: Nigeeria is a failed state under ebola jonathan and his igbo ridden administration. Burn dis country down and let us all go back to our tents....dats wat dis contri needs. Nigeria is just an africa magic station
My brother, what has Igbo got to do with all these?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:33pm On Aug 15, 2014
GenBuhari: You see how the Ebola epidemic hoax is working?

People with malaria, typhoid etc. could be put into centres and labelled Ebola patients.

They are then given no treatment for their typhiod etc as no treatment can be given for Ebola

When they die it is recorded as an Ebola death therefore helping the propagandists make us believe lots of people are dying from Ebola.
Was the Black Plague in the 1300 a hoax? What of the one in the 1600. Why not take a trip to Liberia and think this is a hoax.

What of the Priest of Spain.

Conspiracy Theorists are becoming a problem. Wake up, this is real and we need to be vigilant and careful.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by mbulela: 12:33pm On Aug 15, 2014
I wrote a public note to the Minister of health days ago warning him that not a kobo out of that 1.9billion released for Ebola will go unaccounted for.
As a country we are used to embezzling funds marked for disaster control. Flood occurs,afterwards the relief funds are used to arrange slush funds for thieves in govt. Thieves and hoodlums disguised as militants raid the ND,amnesty is declared and trillions to fund it yet men and women in charge become billionaires over night.
Now billions are being released for Ebola yet basic medications are found lacking. Let us not see billionaires in our midst suddenly on account of this disaster o!
There should be a reward for blood money and men should have a little conscience even when they refuse to acknowledge that their is a God.
I hope some people are not just arranging the funds and preparing trust funds for their yet unborn grandchildren while just waiting for the quarantine victims to just die of,after all ebola is very deadly!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by GodMode: 12:38pm On Aug 15, 2014
Janetozi: I know all that needs to be know about the bible, there is God

you know nothing about your creator... if you did, you wouldn't comment foolishly
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Biafrarep(m): 12:38pm On Aug 15, 2014
Pathetic indeed!! Both the FG and Lagos state government have been playing media stunts all these while that they are on top of the situation even when in reality they don't give a rat ass. No matter how much you try to be patriotic, those bloody rulers will always give you reasons to despise your fatherland. Don't we have the resources to adequately take care of these few victims? the population of Liberia, Sierra-Leon and Guinea are not up to the population of Lagos state even with fifteen times the landmass and far much less mobility and vibrancy yet they recorded such tragedy, if we are to extrapolate this with Lagos and its monstrous population density, are we not going to have a disaster of catastrophic proportions?? As scary and nightmarish as this situation appears, one would naturally assume that those in authority would channel all resources and efforts in confronting this Ebola virus head on.

Once again, the attitude and world view of an average Nigerian and indeed the black race is reprehensible. We are utterly selfish and irresponsible!!

Just listen to what one of those spokesperson said, that we cannot handle the situation on our own, that we need international help to treat the victims and this is coming from a medical practitioner!! then you begin to wonder if its rocket science to treat or take care of EV victims but the truth of the matter is that known of the so called doctors or nurses are ready to take the risk, but they forget that the nature of their job involves taking such risk. The same way a soldier knows that his job involves fighting wars that could kill him or a commercial driver plying the highways everyday and knowing he could be involved in a fatal accident, ditto to all other professions but nobody wants to take responsibility in Nigeria, we take flight at the remotest possibility of personal risk even if taking action could save many lives worse still when we realize a fait acomplis of certain death lurking, we would want other people to die with us rather than die alone(the sawyer syndrome)

We need a radical change of attitude from the top to the grass root, else life will continue to be tough, short and brutish for the black race.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:39pm On Aug 15, 2014
mbulela: I wrote a public note to the Minister of health days ago warning him that not a kobo out of that 1.9billion released for Ebola will go unaccounted for.
As a country we are used to embezzling funds marked for disaster control. Flood occurs,afterwards the relief funds are used to arrange slush funds for thieves in govt. Thieves and hoodlums disguised as militants raid the ND,amnesty is declared and trillions to fund it yet men and women in charge become billionaires over night.
Now billions are being released for Ebola yet basic medications are found lacking. Let us not see billionaires in our midst suddenly on account of this disaster o!
There should be a reward for blood money and men should have a little conscience even when they refuse to acknowledge that their is a God.
I hope some people are not just arranging the funds and preparing trust funds for their yet unborn grandchildren while just waiting for the quarantine victims to just die of,after all ebola is very deadly!
I wonder what stopped our President from contacting Map BioPharma and Tekmira for their experimental drugs. Instead he took over ten million dollars and wasted in the name of fighting Ebola.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by GodMode: 12:42pm On Aug 15, 2014
caseless: asinines like u find it so rock-hard to allow opinion of others to percolate u. Have u seen the vid evidence frm cctv showing patrick sawyer at d airport to see his condition b4 coming to nigeria? Hav u heard d company he worked for in liberia ask him to stop coming to work since they realised his sister died of ebola and he made contact with her? Have u heard he defied all medical warning not to travel and did come to nigeria against warning? He knew wat he was carrying and decided to bring dis upon us...and he knew nigerians ar vulnerable too. Don't think i'm possessed by dual spirit, i tried to make a balance. I blame FG for not doing wat cud have prevented sawyer frm coming to Nigeria since he was infected and, i blame sawyer for bringing d disease to us.
I repeat, i find it difficult to forgive sawyer and d liberian authority. Go and die!

sawyer didn't bring the disease... he came to Nigeria and was allowed into the country by Nigerians... it was also a Nigerian ebola patient that escaped to enugu.

how is the Nigerian different from sawyer

when you are thinking have one main answer and many backups... never use two answers... you are entitled to your opinion but I put the blame on nigerian FG for taking this ebola issue with "kid gloves".

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by GodMode: 12:43pm On Aug 15, 2014
nora544:

but not only the presidents also this new churches make the problems!

Why nigeria has the richest pastors in Africa!

religion is a different "CRISIS" in Nigeria..
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by GoldenHrt2k14(f): 12:44pm On Aug 15, 2014
Sori to say this but this country is so f**ked, I have so much hatred for this government. People no longer value life... Everyday bad news, even the little good news one hear one in a while is scam.. These r pple that went to work Lyk any oda day nd this unfortunate incident happened to them, they shouldn't b left to die Lyk dat. Even if there is no cure for this virus, at least a good environment, so much care and drug that can boost their immune system myt help.... It could be anyone!!
God please have mercy on us!
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by jpphilips(m): 12:46pm On Aug 15, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: [b]Brantly began to deteriorate and developed labored breathing. He told his doctors he thought he was dying, according to a source with firsthand knowledge of the situation.
Knowing his dose was still frozen, Brantly asked if he could have Writebol's now-thawed medication. It was brought to his room and administered through an IV. Within an hour of receiving the medication, Brantly's condition dramatically improved. He began breathing easier; the rash over his trunk faded away. One of his doctors described the events as "miraculous."

By the next morning, Brantly was able to take a shower on his own before getting on a specially designed Gulfstream air ambulance jet to be evacuated to the United States.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/08/04/health/experimental-ebola-serum/

This is not a final bus stop in the cure. The drug worked miraculously. It is difficult for Map BioPharma to make the drugs because they are bearing the whole cost. If our Billionaire Pastors care for their congregation, this would be a sacrifice they can come together and tackle.

If they do not, then they do not deserve the respect they get.[/b]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
You sound like they have really fed fat on your resources, well, I don't blame the pastors, I blame the fvctards that feed their glut, how about the roads that lead to the multi million dollar churches?

Most missions in other climes are pooling special funds for the control of Ebola in west Africa, Pope said it on his last visit to Basil last month, how can you say Nigerians are not dumb? The missionaries who brought community churches in our villages did not ask our grand fathers to pay a dime, they even went further to give them scholarships abroad, but our dear covenant wont even allow the congregation to afford it.

Bill gates an Atheist has been fighting malaria, polio and cholera in Africa since I was born from his personal purse, while African churches are distributing bags of rice to widows from the billions contributed by its members,

my people are fvcktards!

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:56pm On Aug 15, 2014
Embarassing - Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US

https://www.nairaland.com/1858679/nano-silver-nigerian-ebola-drug-pesticide#25498140
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by ElFenomeno1: 1:13pm On Aug 15, 2014
Very sad. Tears welled up............ cry
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by comrChris(m): 1:14pm On Aug 15, 2014
Medicine after death,the fact remains that the deal has been done,apportioning blames to sawyer wouldn't solve anything here,its now left for the govt at level to stepup their game in fighting this Ebola but unfortunately those ones are animals themselves,they are more interested in winning election than caring for the masses.....God is their helper
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by urchpath(m): 1:17pm On Aug 15, 2014
Amya:

Thank you very much! This is just an avenue to seek for attention/favours from the govt by these hypocritical doctors. Even a kid knows these days that if you want support from the masses, just say the government is not working.

If it's not being managed well, how come it's still the 10 Ebola confirmed case as it is last week. How come they are still alive even though we know the speed at which it kills.

Nigerians use your head for once! Anything in print must not be the truth! Punch is trying to sell papers, but this is a very shoddy journalism as they didn't even bother to go check out the patients themselves. They relied on the hearsays of people who I'm sure didn't even go to the said hospital. They probably called a press conference to lament to seek attention for themselves as though they are the victims. What have the contributed as medical practitioners! If they care so much, why can't they volunteer their services to these people they claim they love so much.

We should stop being a blame trading people and know that the government we hate so much is just our reflection as a people. You can't plant corn and pepper would germinate.

Has it ever occured to you that there is a very limited supply of protective garments for the doctors at the moment?

I bet you dont know that the hazard allowance of these doctors is N5000; a sum worth dying for.

You also may been uninformed as not to know that these doctors have no health/life insurance coverage by their government, as such when they die from the disease thier family only gets the word 'sorry'.

Doctors are human beings like you; who value their lives and have loved ones. They are not sacrificial lambs.

It is the duty of the Government to give us a safe working condition. Give us assurance that our families will be carterd for should anything happen to us. Then we will work.

But until then we stay clear just like you are doing.

You think managing patients with highly infectious disease like ebola is as easy as pressing your phone's keypad.

Y dont you offer your volunteer services to work in IDH? I asssure you they will gladly accept your assistance as they need more hands.

mtchewwwwww.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by Lamasta(m): 1:18pm On Aug 15, 2014
Though its unfortunate but the Govt is trying in its quest to contain the virus and treating the patients but the govt's effort is not enough they can do better.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by nora544: 1:21pm On Aug 15, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Embarassing - Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US

https://www.nairaland.com/1858679/nano-silver-nigerian-ebola-drug-pesticide#25498140

When I read it the first time I know that it is a fake drug and I try my best that people belief me!

I was feeling what health minister will bring such a fake drug to nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by amanikondo: 1:21pm On Aug 15, 2014
thewarrior72: But lagos state minister of health come out to lie to lagosian that the health conditions of those in quarantine are improving, meanwhile there are been neglected & abandon to their fath. If our gov cannot get right by managing & taking care of this few cases, what will be the faith of the masses when it deteriorate to the level of Liberia or guinea? undecided

Jehovah we dey ur hand

Lets us blame America again. We cannot take care of the sick ones among us.
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:26pm On Aug 15, 2014
nora544:

When I read it the first time I know that it is a fake drug and I try my best that people belief me!

I was feeling what health minister will bring such a fake drug to nigeria!
I started having doubts when I read the conspiracy theories of Dr Rima to push the drug.

What is worse was the Minister of Health parading it as a work of genius. I guess he is more interested in securing the 1.9 billion naira Ebola money for himself than fighting the spread.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by omenka(m): 1:33pm On Aug 15, 2014
jpphilips:

It doesn't matter what you swear by!! Jonathan got the majority votes from who? Ghosts!! when you make bad choices, you blame the govt.
How do you expect competence from a Govt whose Manifesto is Failure!!?
Bro are you okay??undecided
Are you sure I was the one you intended quoting
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by nora544: 1:36pm On Aug 15, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: I started having doubts when I read the conspiracy theories of Dr Rima to push the drug.

What is worse was the Minister of Health parading it as a work of genius. I guess he is more interested in securing the 1.9 billion naira Ebola money for himself than fighting the spread.

Yeah I know because they make money with it.

I know before which drugs are new and that where only 3, one in UK, this ZMAP where also the University of Life science Vienna where a co founder, search herts Steinkellner and the one from the other company.

I know that this money will enrich some people in the goverment and also some money will go to the church.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by urchpath(m): 1:48pm On Aug 15, 2014
Amya:

what you're saying in essence is that the oxygen would have cured her?

My dear your posts have shown your level of hatred for doctors. You have made it so obvious and technically laid all the blames on us. Well you are entitled to your opinion.

BTW you can still make your points clear without insulting someone.

Lest I forget, IDH needs your volunteer services in this critical moment. At least that will prove you are better than the doctors.

Thank you
Re: Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues by corneremperor: 2:01pm On Aug 15, 2014
Why can't all u knuckleheads on here volunteer to help them if u feel so strongly about it? Who exactly do u expect to risk their lives to take care of these people. All you nigerians expect people to do your dirty work for you while you selfishly hide away with your families. If You Like It Or Not, This Ebola problem Will Need To Be Solved By The joint Effort Of All Of You AND NOT Just A Few Medical workers!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Get Big Breast, Hip And Big Butt?? / Theatre Roof Caves In During Live Surgery In Ghana, One Dies (photos) / NCDC Donates PPE To Ogun Nurses Wearing Waste Bags After Politics Nigeria Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.