Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,492 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Can You Renew A Nigerian Passport in the UK that is still valid For 7 Months - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can You Renew A Nigerian Passport in the UK that is still valid For 7 Months (1377 Views)

10 Things UK Illegal Immigrants Cannot Do - Is UK That Worth It Anymore? / Renewing Nigerian E-passport In London / Renewing Nigerian Passport In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Renew A Nigerian Passport in the UK that is still valid For 7 Months by joxiri: 1:25am On Aug 15, 2014
Hello all
Please is it possible to renew a Nigerian passport that is still valid for 7 months at the the high commission in London
A visa application requires more than 6 month validity and to be on the safe side want to renew it before making the visa application
Re: Can You Renew A Nigerian Passport in the UK that is still valid For 7 Months by OmoAndrew: 8:47pm On Dec 31, 2014
Hi,

i am the frst to point out the negatives about the way my country and ts people are corrupt but my fellow Nigerians, there is hope and ths hope is shining bright in the Uk consulate in London. My story is amazing and would encourage everyone to give us as a nation a chance.

I work with a high profile organisation and was selected to be flown aborad for training however, due to my Nigerian passport expiring soon and country i was meant to go to on training have the rue that your international passport must be valid for 180 days after you arrive back at port of exit i.e. Uk, i had to get a new one. I went on the website and paid the necessary fees (a bit pricey) and printed off the necessary documents, selected the date to visit the embassy so... 29/12/2014. When i arrived at 9am, there was the obvious queue which was nothing except for the bitting cold around. Got in about 9.30am, got a ticket number 17 and was attented to by 10am i.e. picture taken and finger prints as well.

My story of my amazement started from when i advised i needed my passport posted since i lived outside London. Got the prepaid envelope from the Post office and filled in the disclaimer form and handed this to the officials at the embassy (The only sad face sad was a lady who frowned like she hated the job but i did not let this deter me). I left the embassy by 10.30am back to my warm abode. Today 31/12/2014 i got a text from my Wife saying my passport had arrived....i couldnt believe it until i sw this when i got back from work. Oh my God...i was amazed, happy and couldnt believe this.

So my fellow Nigerians this embassy is a success story which i would say should be the norm for every Nigerian facility be it in London or Nigeria. Thank you to the entire staff (including Mrs sad face sad trying smiling) of the consulate in Nigeria, your excellence has been noted and would be praised till i further notice....una too much

Answer to the tag i.e. can you renew your Nigerian passport which is 7 months valid and the answer is NO. Your passport must be 6months or less before you are able to renew it
Re: Can You Renew A Nigerian Passport in the UK that is still valid For 7 Months by seangy4konji: 9:13pm On Dec 31, 2014
Good one then.

Not all the time as I am used to stories that touches the heart.
Re: Can You Renew A Nigerian Passport in the UK that is still valid For 7 Months by joxiri: 10:54am On Jan 11, 2015
I actually renewed it with about 7 months left
I don't think the staff noticed it to be fair
I won't advise anyone to do it

As the rule is 6 months or less

(1) (Reply)

Travelling To Indonesia On Holiday / Appointment Needed For Schengen Visa At German Embassy---help / Swedish Admission Hanging, Anybody Experienced This Before:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.