Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,737 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways (19924 Views)

FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators / Koro And His Thugs On Their Way To Alimosho For Last Minute Rigging / Percentage Of PVC Collection By States In Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by ossaisly(m): 9:45am On Aug 15, 2014
youngestfool: 71 - 3 - 60 - 23 - 75 - 1
guy, sey na enugu,diamond or lucky b dis?
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by oladelove: 9:45am On Aug 15, 2014
Inspite of the fact that we paid 45K to register our official truck with a commercial plate number in Kogi state,we were made to pay another N19k on the Edo-Ondo high way when travelling from Lokoja to Ondo state last week.Those thugs were drunk,had long sticks with nails on it and were ready to cause accident if we tried to outrun them.

The guys were drunk and could even pass for armed robbers and kidnappers.They were just not ready to let go of the truck despite the fact that we had all our papers.I thought it wise to pay the money,get the papers and leave quickly since it was just my colleague and I.

As if that was not enough,we were stopped like 1 km away from the place by Federal High way patrol.The Inspector that took our papers began to rain abuses on us for nothing.He said I stood beside them when checking the particulars.We had to cough out another N2k to get our papers back when he said the back glass is tinted and since we didn't have license,we must go with them to their station.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by egopersonified(f): 9:49am On Aug 15, 2014
kenazuu: a welcome development if implemented. Edo state will be the highest loser of these nonsense.

Those guys are ready to damn all consequences and carry on. Edo state govt has already disassociated themselves on air with these thugs and labelled them illegal, they hear word? Till they start arresting them, they would never stop. They are not even afraid of the police, nor be the same bizness dem dey do? All this banning is just talk, till drivers can drive from lagos to sokoto without seeing any of them on the way, then we would know its not just a window dressing ban.
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by DrMuzungu(m): 9:56am On Aug 15, 2014
Just a short remark, these are not HIGH WAYS, but rather HIGHWAYS.
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 15, 2014
Good.
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by buoye1(m): 10:00am On Aug 15, 2014
Gud
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by glosali(f): 10:00am On Aug 15, 2014
This is a good move www.glowysofiscated..com saniry will b restored
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 15, 2014
When I drive in Lagos, I see these guys in green hats and white shirts chasing after every danfo. They usually have a stack of money in their hands, so I guess they are tax collectors as well.

Please can someone tell me why these guys are on the roads? They even run into traffic, almost causing accidents. Just think about some so called "official", running into the highway every 5 mins, is that even safe?

As for GEJ, this is a good start but it's hardly enough. I still believe that a holistic reform of rules and regs on the road, is badly needed and enforcement is still highly subpar.

Lastly, the senate, house or whoever needs to come together to stop the ARREST OF MOTORISTS, due to minor traffic violations.

You can't arrest somebody because he beat a red light, and doesn't have the CASH ON HAND, to pay. It makes no sense for officers to insist that you FOLLOW THEM TO THEIR STATION, after every slight offense.

Please come up with a system to track minor offenders, so that they can be given sometime, maybe btw 1-2weeks to come up with funds to settle their tickets.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by sabawex(m): 10:05am On Aug 15, 2014
what about rogers wey v.i.o police and lasma dey collect for highway

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by aumeehn: 10:19am On Aug 15, 2014
Dreal1247: .
Is the oil not part of the reason you people resorted to Boko Haram? The discovery of the oil made your leaders to disregard farming. No more groundnut pyramids. Those that are supposed to be doing the farm works are now thugs and terrorists trained by your elders and politicians as a political took against the southerners . All the period of Northern dominance of politics, they didnt surface. They are now producing rice in the south. A time will come when you people will dat that food that you think is sustaining. As big as the north is together with dominating Nigerian polity, they contribute just 6% to the national economy. Yet they are sharing the same percentage with most southern states.
Arewa Republic all the way....puck! The ojukwus phuck the ekene's....remembr u guys re slaves and ill continue to be...come 2015 we ill starve u to death same way we did during civil war! Bunch of corrupt illitrates!
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by vislabraye(m): 10:20am On Aug 15, 2014
GreyBlood: Will this work in Lagos where area boys get more level than the police

If enough awareness is created, the motorist will resist them.
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by oluamid(m): 10:55am On Aug 15, 2014
Balkan: no Agbero in the east. No idle men there

I hear you oo.. We all wish it's so but the reality is otherwise.
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by cecegorz(m): 11:02am On Aug 15, 2014
[size=16pt]Adams Oshiomhole u don hear am?
Go and evacuate your official armed robbers with their 20'' inches nail boards off Benin By-pass![/size]

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by Elizabethoni(f): 11:04am On Aug 15, 2014
2cato: We pay over N35 thousand to tout for bringing a truck load of yams to lagos from abuja per trip.
We pay over N50 thousand naira to tout for bringing a trailer load of beans or dry corn or millet or onions from the north down to the south. Assumming all this tout are off the road how cheap will foodstuff be?

True but as they've banned them collecting from you,I'm sure you people will not reduce the price...nothing reduces in Naija even if it should...
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by olashas(f): 11:05am On Aug 15, 2014
lonelydora:
I feel like shooting them anytime I pass that route.
As in ehn...blasting their heads off will be ideal. Annoying peeps
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by peter4d2(m): 11:10am On Aug 15, 2014
aumeehn: Arewa Republic all the way....puck! The ojukwus phuck the ekene's....remembr u guys re slaves and ill continue to be...come 2015 we ill starve u to death same way we did during civil war! Bunch of corrupt illitrates!

I was part of d pple who liked his post aside 4rm is short piece his was also civil wit is response I guess ur d illiterate here n shove ur head 4 shame as u hv no iota of civility in u.
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by DeLaRue: 11:12am On Aug 15, 2014
Akure - Benin Road (Edo State section) - the 'tax collectors' are on that road.

They ask for documents you've never heard of - environmental pollution taskforce card; radio license etc! And they are very aggressive!

To make matters worse, on a road that is notorious for armed robbery, these people wear no uniform, so when you see people jumping out of the bush to stop your car, you panic not knowing whether they are robbers or tax collecting area boys. When you finally establish they are the latter, you are relieved and quickly pay whatever they ask for to get away from the no man's land.

It's not a nice experience.
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by Silva79(f): 11:14am On Aug 15, 2014
youngestfool: 71 - 3 - 60 - 23 - 75 - 1
na two sure i want abeg
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by Ricmayak1: 11:15am On Aug 15, 2014
Now we have a federal government. This has come lately though. Those people have killed many by obstructing a fast moving vehicle with nail barrier.
In fact, police now stops and hand over people to them and later collect their share. I saw a group with their plank and nails at military checkpoint today too, I was surprised.

Next: Police, road safety, military, vigilante extortions.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 15, 2014
Sorry for Ndi NTU !

Those guys who pursue trailers with sticks covered with nails to burst their types..

These guys are jobless youths and extortionists ably being supported by our men in uniform at strategic junctions to extort money from motorists.. They are not Local government officials like they claim. They sell all sort of stickers and depending on the motorists mugu level, they can extort up to N10,000 from you. But i am covered..

Some will even stop you in your private car, e.g Toyota Siena and start demanding money...

Ndi Ara, le le.. Haa choo iri m..
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 15, 2014
2cato: We pay over N35 thousand to tout for bringing a truck load of yams to lagos from abuja per trip.
We pay over N50 thousand naira to tout for bringing a trailer load of beans or dry corn or millet or onions from the north down to the south. Assumming all this tout are off the road how cheap will foodstuff be?

Story for the gods.

Dangote kind of promise.

"I will bring down the price of cement when my factory assumes full capacity".

Nevertheless, i detest extortion..

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 15, 2014
lonelydora: Good, Benin by-pass boys una don hear am?

My dear,

Ewu junction comes to mind..

Those boys eerh !
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by Festusfaith(m): 11:28am On Aug 15, 2014
There are a number of investments that i personally thinks can never fails, those are the thing we will be discussion here today,but the problem of today's youth is impatience as they are always searching for already made jobs which can not be readily available for all of us, it is only a few that will be able to get that kind of job. haven't said that, it is high time as young Nigerians that we should develops investment mentality in a viable business and stop looking for that already made job. Like I said above, there are a number of investment that you can do that will yield returns within three months. are you following? the number one on the list is Online business. there are many online business out there and also there are many screamers too you must be very careful while making your choice, but i will gives you a little from that list that are very reliable Bulksms business will never fail if you can do proper marketing of your site. information marketing also can never fails as well. websites design is also a viable business, and many more find out yourself.
Aside from that offline business that can not fails are, Water business started like play some years ago till now people are still asking for more.
live stock rearing is the most viable one i like so much poultry, piggery, fishery and many more that you can add to that list.
You can sees now that in Nigeria today we can still have some investment that can fetch you good money without recording any form of failure.
Thanks for your time in Reading this report.
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by zurine(f): 11:32am On Aug 15, 2014
i pray it takes effect
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by Chinom(m): 11:36am On Aug 15, 2014
lonelydora: Good, Benin by-pass boys una don hear am?

Those mofos robbed me of N40k. They even issued fake receipts to cover it up. They were about 7 of them and it was just me in my bus, taking some personal stuff to Enugu.

Next time i will be more than ready for them. I never knew they were there in the first place. Good move by FGN
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by Dreal1247: 11:39am On Aug 15, 2014
aumeehn: Arewa Republic all the way....puck! The ojukwus phuck the ekene's....remembr u guys re slaves and ill continue to be...come 2015 we ill starve u to death same way we did during civil war! Bunch of corrupt illitrates!
Was it not when Ihejirika became the military helmsman that he upgraded the military. The northern dumb illiterates that were occupying sensitive positions when passed through test, all failed woefully. Is it not the reason why they were crying for marginalization? In a better society, who is going to make Buhari the head of states. What is the level of illiteracy in the north compared to the south? They are even saying that education is a taboo. You can call them illiterater again but we know the truth. You cant starve no one. You will still come to the south as gatemen and shoemakers which are your best occupations.
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by abhosts(m): 11:54am On Aug 15, 2014
Those guys are a nuisance. They once extorted 7k from me calling it Radio Permit. I argued with them that such levies should not apply for private vehicles. But I had to pay because that area of the Expressway was so deserted and it felt very unsafe especially in the company of those savages.
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by jibbish(m): 11:57am On Aug 15, 2014
Balkan: no Agbero in the east. No idle men there
Ur foolishness is Unspeakable.... Abi no b ds same east dt consist of Anambra,Imo and Abia

Yeye dey smell
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by Btruth: 12:22pm On Aug 15, 2014
This is indeed a great news. It will help solve some of the contradictions on the highways concerning all this touts from the Local Govt. Especially, collecting unending fees or pick-up cars users.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by Ptoocool(m): 12:41pm On Aug 15, 2014
henryobinna: I guess you're one. that's why you made this statement

Yea, i am..u've qot α problem with dat?
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by room089: 12:52pm On Aug 15, 2014
A Breaking news indeed!
A good move at that!
Hope it will be realistic?

Another question is: how will these urchins with stimulant-induced red eyes be rehabilitated to fit perfectly well into the society without causing or wrecking any more havoc?

Should FG succeed only in chasing them off the road, they will quickly join these cottage industries like kidnapping, ritual killing, armed robbery etc that have turned our country into a nightmare - space!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Election Violence Fears: Politicians, CEOs Move Families Abroad / EFCC In Another N1.7b Scandal As Petitioner Vows To Expose Frmr, Current leaders / Obasanjo: "Buhari’s Refusal To Sign African Trade Treaty Disappointing"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.