Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways (19926 Views)

FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators / Koro And His Thugs On Their Way To Alimosho For Last Minute Rigging / Percentage Of PVC Collection By States In Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by aumeehn: 1:07pm On Aug 15, 2014
Dreal1247: .
Was it not when Ihejirika became the military helmsman that he upgraded the military. The northern dumb illiterates that were occupying sensitive positions when passed through test, all failed woefully. Is it not the reason why they were crying for marginalization? In a better society, who is going to make Buhari the head of states. What is the level of illiteracy in the north compared to the south? They are even saying that education is a taboo. You can call them illiterater again but we know the truth. You cant starve no one. You will still come to the south as gatemen and shoemakers which are your best occupations.
LWTMB@da bolded!!!!
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by aumeehn: 1:11pm On Aug 15, 2014
peter4d2:

I was part of d pple who liked his post aside 4rm is short piece his was also civil wit is response I guess ur d illiterate here n shove ur head 4 shame as u hv no iota of civility in u.
mallam can u modify this yr post please!
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 15, 2014
Hmmm...it's one thing to make laws, it's another thing to implement it. Who enforces this? The(even more corrupt) police? I pray it works, but I really don't see this working. The rot in this nation is too deep and it cuts across all agencies. I hope we will be able to stand up to the touts when they corner us as usual.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by juxtabayano(m): 1:13pm On Aug 15, 2014
Great!!! Implementation na im remain.dats d main issue with anytin concerned with Gov't.
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by victor2exl(m): 1:18pm On Aug 15, 2014
hazyfm: GOOD NEWS

National Boys..Jagaban Bois..if only these can work...
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by gogodaye(m): 1:56pm On Aug 15, 2014
With the widespread publicity given.....one hopes these chaps would take heed and get themselves off the roadways......Let the Special Task-Force guys inaugurated to clamp down on these street urchins commence enforcement with dexterity............................................
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by sylve11: 2:00pm On Aug 15, 2014
Good one FG. cool
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by henryobinna(m): 2:29pm On Aug 15, 2014
Ptoocool:

Yea, i am..u've qot α problem with dat?
ok. I've got no problem.
but no vex oh
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by Husten: 3:05pm On Aug 15, 2014
9ICE MOVE BY D GOVERNMENT. ALL DOS AGBORO WAHALA IS FUCKIN 2MUCH cool cool cool cool
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by ustyno(m): 3:50pm On Aug 15, 2014
Okpala - Owerrinta thugs una don hear...
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by Oringo1: 4:23pm On Aug 15, 2014
Who will enforce it ? When they work in hand with police and even recently with army...See police/army check point....see their check point ....Rubbish..
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by Okeikpu(m): 4:55pm On Aug 15, 2014
Tazmode: Those touts dey hear word? It's like asking them to resign their jobs. undecided
Ths thing will affect the Yorubas well well... they haz the highest number of touts in west Africa -,- The best thing is gather & send dem to the agricultural prison.

Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 15, 2014
oladelove:
Inspite of the fact that we paid 45K to register our official truck with a commercial plate number in Kogi state,we were made to pay another N19k on the Edo-Ondo high way when travelling from Lokoja to Ondo state last week.Those thugs were drunk,had long sticks with nails on it and were ready to cause accident if we tried to outrun them.

The guys were drunk and could even pass for armed robbers and kidnappers.They were just not ready to let go of the truck despite the fact that we had all our papers.I thought it wise to pay the money,get the papers and leave quickly since it was just my colleague and I.

As if that was not enough,we were stopped like 1 km away from the place by Federal High way patrol.The Inspector that took our papers began to rain abuses on us for nothing.He said I stood beside them when checking the particulars.We had to cough out another N2k to get our papers back when he said the back glass is tinted and since we didn't have license,we must go with them to their station.

Road users are being harrased everyday...
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 15, 2014
Kewt:
www.channelstv.com/2014/08/14/nec-ends-use-non-revenue-officials-collection-taxes/
I just wrote exams on it . Professionally , it is called Tax Touting !!
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by wolegzy: 5:51pm On Aug 15, 2014
Great news for drivers of branded vehicles.
I hope the law will kickstart soon as I still saw them at various points between Abuja and Akure today.
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by Greatomotoy: 7:34pm On Aug 15, 2014
this news may turn out 2 be harmful and also exploited by d police. This will only work if govt provide alternative jobs or crime rates will increase cos these guys will become robbers.
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
youngestfool: 71 - 3 - 60 - 23 - 75 - 1

Somewhere this is a winning number. Too bad we don't know.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by shehuAO: 7:19am On Aug 16, 2014
How many times they done placed ban on highway?all na rubbish order,they wan use am for there criminal campaign for election.
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 17, 2014
luvinhubby:
Those are the worst set of highway nuisances in this country.

Benin boys are on their last kidney they mean bizness
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by TCD: 4:29pm On Aug 20, 2014
Anybody passed the Benin Bye pass recently? Are those thugs still there? plan to travel soon.
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by comos: 4:45pm On Aug 20, 2014
Agberos collect money along federal highways and remit them to state government (Lagos) but when it is time to maintain they will say it is federal roads

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by hmmbabs(m): 6:09pm On Oct 11, 2014
FG has to be careful about this. If you ban these thugs, they might end up being an armed robber and it's going to affect the poor masses.
Re: Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways by Ricmayak1: 7:18am On Jan 18, 2015
There was an advert on NTA recently to report any case of harassment on the road. Two gsm numbers were specified. Please, anyone with those numbers should kindly present them here. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CAC Prophet Predicts Saraki, Gbajabiamila Will Emerge NASS Leaders / Buhari Brought N2.7trn Investments From US Visit - Presidency / Wike Introduces Security Stipends To Traditional Rulers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.