Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,444 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US - Health (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US (79267 Views)

WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town / The Rejected Nigerian Ebola Soldier (A Premium Times Investigative Report) / First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by naptu2: 9:54am On Aug 17, 2014
Many people have criticised the US because of the warning that the FDA gave to american pharmaceutical companies. I wonder what those people will say about our health minister.

The minister also announced that the drug, Nano Silva, which was thought could be used to treat Ebola patients in Nigeria, was said not to have met the requirements of the National Health Research ethics code.

https://www.nairaland.com/1860928/first-nigerian-ebola-survivor-not

2 Likes

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 17, 2014
continentalceo:

You are simply and idiot! Its only you and your family that will beg, cap in hand! Moronic Element!

You are just a moronic SOB who failed to recognise pun even when it stared you in the face! Did you try to digest my comment? Did you reaad between the lines? Did you check my other comments? Did you even check the comment I responded to? Have I supported the American mofos in my posts? I guess No, it's too complex for a simpleton like you.

BTW, I don't throw e-punches, I gat stuff to do. But I'll leave you with one thought...forgive me, I forgot you aint got no storage facility. Ediota, omo ale, amuni bu ni! Anuofia. You and your family will go abegging.
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 17, 2014
emmydeep: US IS BEHIND EBOLA OUT-BREAK IN AFRICA.

You, my friend, are a genius
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Martinmania(m): 2:23pm On Aug 17, 2014
SmooshCHN: I think I'm the only one thinking this Ebola issue is a plot.
true tok.. They plot to reduce black population.. Cos ebola has killed more people in liberia.. They sent d cure dere... It hasn't killed up2 hundred people in Nigeria so we shouldn't expect the cure till 2015
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by vodkat: 5:01pm On Aug 17, 2014
pussyeater:
Go kick rock, u mudafucker!
Dundee u not made any sense na so so nonsense u dey talk Abi u never eat Ur rau rau today.
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by brushparke(m): 9:07pm On Aug 17, 2014
montelik: Abeg. Didn't they lead the effort to impose a worldwide ban on DDT which was being successfully used to prevent malaria. Now we know DDT was nowhere near as harmful as the scare mongers initially claimed. But unfortunately malaria has now established a vice grip on Africa and we are still being ravaged by the scourge of malaria.

The various ministries of health and attending doctors in affected countries should make their own assessments on what sort of sample drugs to consider and use.
Which doctors are you refering to? The ones wey una don sack? Una never see fire.
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 18, 2014
[quote author=Leopantro]Several doctors, nurses and other health workers who walked away from an Ebola treatment center, Yaba, Lagos, Friday has said that they quit because of what they described as the lack-luster attitude of the country’s health officials to the plight of Ebola patients sequestered at the Center for Infectious Disease Control in Yaba

According to reports from SaharaReporters members of medical teams sent to Nigeria by the World Health Organization and Doctors Without Borders had become so frustrated by the Federal government’s inept response to the Ebola outbreak that they are also threatening to quit, unless the government’s attitude changes dramatically.

It was also gathered that before Ebola patients were moved three days ago to a better facility next door, they were housed in a dilapidated and abandoned building at the center.

According to the health workers, it took complaints by families of the victims of Ebola to reporters to force the hands of the government to move the patients to a cleaner, more humane facility.

A source who spoke with the publication said the former facility where patients had been kept had no functioning water supply and no air-conditioning.

The families of patients had to cater for them and pay for some drugs and oxygen, even though the Nigerian government claimed to have released more than N1.9 billion for treatment of Ebola victims,” one doctor alleged.

While other insiders confirmed that there were now seven cases of Ebola patients at the facility with one victim discharged yesterday after fully recovering from the disease. They added that three of the patients were also showing steady improvement while three were still struggling.

One of the volunteers who quit on Friiday said the Nigerian government had done little or nothing to cater for consultants and volunteers who were battling the deadly virus. “These consultants and volunteers were not housed, they were not fed, and they were not provided with transportation to enable them to continue working on site,” said a doctor.

The medical source added, “Because of the level of exposure of volunteers and physicians managing Ebola patients, they ought to be housed near the facility and moved around in a special vehicle to and from the center.” But the doctors often return home to their families and had to disinfect their homes on their own.
he sources revealed that only seven Nigerian doctors were on ground at the center as opposed to 20 needed to take on the challenge of treating and managing Ebola. The Nigerian doctors and nurses are being led and trained by an eight-member team of physicians from the World Health Organization (WHO) and Doctors Without Borders.

Our sources said the expatriate medical experts were also threatening to leave, citing the Nigerian government’s failure to recognize the seriousness of the Ebola disease. For example, Nigeria’s Minister of Health, Onyebuchi Chukwu, had not come near the any of the Ebola victims or given adequate assistance to the medical teams battling the deadly virus.

Instead, the minister struck a deal to accept Nano Silver solutions to treat Ebola from a yet to be named “Diaspora Nigerian” who the minister claims “invented” Nano Silver.

The US Food and Drugs Administration has stated that the Nano Silver solution being paraded in Nigeria as a cure for Ebola is classified as a pesticide.

The minister in Lagos yesterday said Nigeria has now abandoned the use of Nano Silver donated by the unnamed Nigeria because an independent assessment shows Nano Silver can’t treat Ebola.

One irate volunteer told SaharaReporters that the minister’s acceptance of an untested drug and his nomination of a notorious former INEC chairman, Maurice Iwu to a committee to cure Ebola was baffling. “The solutions could not have been accepted and used to treat Ebola patients in Yaba because the WHO has also directed that [the Nano Silver ] are unsafe for treating Ebola, but I am not surprised about the minister’s behavior considering that he nominated Prof. Iwu, a serial lier who earlier claimed bitter cola could cure Ebola” said the medical volunteer.

The source said doctors at the center were currently treating patients to combat high fevers. “We’re also rehydrating the patients and managing other symptoms as they present themselves,” the source said.

On the prospect of containing the spread of the virus in Nigeria, one of the consultants said Nigerians should realize that they are on their own. “Health authorities in Nigeria are not doing much to help anyone beyond propaganda,” he said in an angry tone.

The source disclosed that the Lagos State Commissioner of Health came near the treatment center yesterday. “He stood far away from the center where patients are being treated. He ran back and quickly went on air to claim that he had visited the victims, a claim that was a blatant lie,” our source said.

http://www.today.ng/news/fg-hasnt-given-priority-to-ebola-treatment-international-consultants-threaten-to-walk-away/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=fg-hasnt-given-priority-to-ebola-treatment-international-consultants-threaten-to-walk-away
[/quote

[size=16pt]https://www.nairaland.com/1862229/ebola-patients-abandoned-health-team[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 18, 2014
Leopantro: NIGERIAN DOCTOR WAS “NOT” CURED OF EBOLA
(The Doctor NEVER had Ebola. World Health Organization & U.S. FDA Issued Confidential Warning Against Nigerian Health Minister, Onyebuchi Chukwu, For Spreading Rumours Of False Ebola Cure.
--Attorney Patryk Utulu

The W.H.O. and American FDA Have Issued Joint Statement That:

(1) Nigerian Doctor rumoured to be cured of Ebola was NOT cured of Ebola because the doctor NEVER had Ebola. (Initial test result was a “FALSE POSITIVE” which occurs in 1 out of every 150 tests).

(2) U.S. FDA warned [size=14pt]U.S. firms[/size] for targeting African nations and falsely marketing “dietary supplements” as Ebola cure. USA threatened penalties

(3) W.H.O./FDA issued “Confidential NOTICE” to Nigerian Health Minister, Oyebuchi Chukwu, for endorsing [size=14pt]an unproven U.S. nutritional supplement[/size]” and "thereby promoted false rumours of an Ebola cure." (WHO threatened to block Health Minister’s accreditation if he spread false rumours again)

(4) W.H.O. affirmed its ruling this week that the experimental drug, ZMapp, can be used on Ebola victims where available. WHO stated categorically that ZMapp is NOT a cure for Ebola and that EBOLA HAS NO CURE.

WHO’s “Confidential Notice” condemned Mr. Chukwu as “irresponsible” for saying that unidentified Nigerian scientist living overseas had arranged for Nigeria to get experimental medicine. Chukwu identified it as "NanoSilver,” [size=14pt]a supplement offered U.S. firm[/size], Natural Solutions Foundation, NSF.

FURTHER, THE WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION SAID THAT:
(1): NanoSilver is NOT accredited by FDA. It's products are "dietary supplements, NOT DRUGS" and has NOT been tested by FDA
(2): NanoSilver is for sale on a website along with India Hemp (marijuana) oil, ear candles, and chocolate. (LOL. Tufiakwa!!!!)
(3): Natural Solutions Foundation is NOT an accredited science laboratory
(4): On July 20, 2014, NSF’s medical director, Dr. Rima E. Laibow, posted an Open Letter to Presidents of Guinea, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Nigeria and Ghana claiming that NanoSilver cured Ebola. Dr. Libow claimed to have addressed 47 African health ministers at a 2007 conference and to be in touch with West African governments and their advisers. W.H.O. said THESE CLAIMS ARE FALSE. Dr. Laibow HAS NEVER BEEN TO AFRICA.

(5): The New York Times repeatedly has tried to contact Dr. Laibow who claimed that her drug cured Nigerian doctor but Dr. Laibow is nowhere to be seen. Agents of the U.S. FDA are hunting for her.
(6): Assistant Director of W.H.O., Dr. Marie-Paule Kieny, said [size=14pt]fraudsters are targeting African nations[/size] “AND SUCCEEDING BECAUSE OF LARGE NUMBER OF RELIGIOUS PEOPLE ANXIOUS TO CLAIM MIRACLE HEALING.”
(7): FDA’s Dr. Caplan said the same [size=14pt]people who marketed fake HIV cure-drugs to Africans for 30 years are now marketing fake Ebola cure to Africans[/size] “BECAUSE OF THE STUPIDITY OF AFRICAN RELIGIOUS GROUPS WHO ARE TEMPTED TO CLAIM MIRACLE CURE.”

DEAR NIGERIANS:
Please listen to the experts at World Health Organization & FDA. Ebola has NO cure yet.
DEAR TO RELIGIOUS PROPHETS: :
Ebola has NO cure. Stop claiming that Ebola can be cured in Church. You are deceiving Nigerians and lying to yourself. Your ego, religious arrogance and your desire to claim miraculous cure is false, ignorant and criminal.
THE BLOOD OF ANY NIGERIAN WHO DIES BECAUSE OF YOUR FALSE MIRACLE CLAIM WILL BE ON YOUR HANDS.

1 Like

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by kobonaire(m): 2:46am On Aug 20, 2014
arsetalks: The problem is not America to be honest, the problem is the man who is managing the affairs of this nation who cannot do anything for himse.
He seems just a decoration. I am sure America is trying to ensure that we reverse the laws banning homosexuals and I will not be surprised if this administration end up allowing that d*ckhead call Obama have his way.
instead of you to be focusing on solving corruption, economic decline, poor healthcare, security, education etc etc ... you will be blaming Obama and American gay community .... makes you wonder who the díckheads really are grin

1 Like

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by HandOfChukwu: 2:18pm On Aug 20, 2014
BluIvy:

Aids Capital of the world? Why do you guys say such horrible things about others? No wonder Patrick Sawyer carry EBOLA go to Nigeria. Maybe he was on Nairaland reading all the hurtful, irresponsible things you were saying is about Liberia when he had just lost a sister to this horrible diseases. He thought let me teach these motherfvvvckers some manners! You people need to curb your poisonous tongues, one day it would be your grave. Smh!
WTF Are you talking about? I said South Africa is the AIDS capital of the world not Liberia.....learn how to read before opening your stup1d mouth again, woman.
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by marvmurphy(m): 10:08pm On Aug 21, 2014
presiade: Refusing to send ZMAPP to Nigeria is their sanction against Nigeria's anti-gay stance... US evil people...
u thinking what I'm thinking
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by ozege62: 11:54am On Aug 31, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: I think our government and the health ministry wants it free of charge. I wonder what the 1.9 billion naira released by President Goodluck Jonathan is for.
please o this is not time to enrich yourselves or divert fund right now money should be withdrawn from other areas to help us get help from wherever possible to fight this ebola. We should put aside pride and still ask for the curing drug. This nano-silver has it been tested or tried even in animals. We should do more of acting than talking. This days everyone is afraid of everyone even in families hospitals neighborhood etc if one is ill now everyone abandons that person not minding it could be other illness. Please im pleading with the government to fight harder to get this drug. Also all hands be on deck if you can pray pray harder if its the native way(babalawo/herbalist )do your own.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

How to cure darkspots on the face left from pimples / 81-Year-Old Russian Grandma Comes Back To Life 7Hours After Being Declared Dead / Ene, Emaciated Lady In Ajah Is Rehabilitated (New Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.