Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,685 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) (2146 Views)

NNPC Fuel Depot In Kaduna On Fire (photos) / Hilarious No Smoking Sign At An Nnpc Mega Station (pictured) / Danjuma Is Far Richer Than Dangote (proof) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by drshrewd: 10:45am On Aug 15, 2014
[b]At first when the ousted CBN governor com emir Sanusi Limido Sanusi alerted the president and the general public that $49b was missing I said to myself that this guy must be high on concentrated “ogogoro”( a local alcoholic drink popular among the Niger Delta people). He even collaborated my suspicion when he vacillated around this figure to $10b and further to $20b. As a rational mind I played down this seemingly outrageous claim as I felt it was not worth my deep analytic evaluation. For an amount of money that can transform a ten square miles of Sambissa forest to a mini New York city awashed with sky scrapers, an amount that is about 4% of our rebased GDP (economists should be in better position to appreciate the implication of this) , an amount that can electrify the whole of west Africa sub region with modern state of the art power evacuating equipment, an amount that can fixed all the bad federal roads in the country with modern state of the art drainage and pedestrian walk ways embellished side by side with beautiful trees and flowers, an amount that is three fourth of the federal government’s yearly budget. I said to myself that this bogus claims of missing $20b is as unthinkable as unthinkable itself and realistically unrealistic! And if such amount should be missing then the federal government would be fiscally ruined as well as financially distressed and perhaps America ‘will’ know! I hastily concluded that the CBN governor should refrain from making spurious claim that defies logic and verges on insubordination.

However, after some few months I started reflecting on the poor state of our dear country. The epileptic to zero power supply, the noisome to critically dilapidated state of our federal roads, the unprecedented striking tumult sweeping across critical government organization due to paucity funding and wanton neglect , the poor budgeting (less than 30% capital I bet no serious developing country can make any head way with that) and it very poor implementation, the insecurity plague despite huge amount of money being sunk in that sector and the growing institutionalization of corruption and it attendant impunity. All I can only surmise was that the once crawling giant of Africa has finally fallen deep in slumber. Further reflection on the state of affairs of our dear country literally plunged my mere pessimism into full blown despondency as I review our budget for the past few years.

The FG under GEJ has over the years in his budget proposals pegged the bench mark of petroleum product at around $70 and over these years the product has consistently been sold for around $100 leaving us with an excess of $30. This excess ought to be in the excess crude account (ECA). Let get our hands a little bit dirty with figures and statistics. Nigeria having been producing an excess of 2m barrels of crude oil per day over the years implies that 2mx30 or $60m (conservative estimate) ought to be made a day from the excess crude sales. In a year this amount to 365x60=$21,900m or $21.9b (could this be the missing money?) but again, FG has 60% stake of the joint venture with the multinationals therefore, FG ultimately gets 60% of $21.9b = $13.140b. for two years FG gets 2x$13.14b= $26.28b. wao!! A figure not far from the purported missing $20b not being remitted in the federation account and not in the excess crude account either within the alleged fiscal financial years. In fact the ECA was seen depleting during this period and beyond. The states statutory allocation equally went down to the chagrin of the state governors. The question is where are our monies( the money may even be beyond the said missing money if you do your maths very well).what is even the state of our ECA currently? Some years ago, NOI (okonjeconomics) said that they want to maintain a minimum of $50b in the ECA for economic sustainability and stability. So where is the said minimum amount? The last time I checked ECA is as good as empty.

After my analysis, I decided to disabuse myself of the incredibility that $20b or more is impossible to have got missing. In fact, I strongly believe that far more than that may be missing. I also vindicated Sanusi for erroneously indicting him earlier on. Finally, I wept for my dear country led by a government whose body language strongly consents corruption. A government that has left the anti corruption agencies embarrassingly toothless and inert. A government that is too myopic to know that fight against corruption ought to be her first priority because if corruption is tackled head on then Nigeria should certainly be on a course of being 90% fixed. A government whose head recently appeared on a national TV to proclaim to the world that stealing is not corruption. What a show of shame!

Dr.shrewd typing via Bonny island Rivers State.
[/b]

4 Likes

Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by homerac7: 11:00am On Aug 15, 2014
^^

Though simplistic, but logical enough. Add income from natural gas. Nobody talks about that pot of gold.

I'm of opinion that FG earns over $100bn p.a. Also, if Fasholanomics is implemented at federal level, FG can easily net $250bn p.a.

Those denying probability of $20bn being stolen with little trace from FG coffers either are ignorant of how deeply corrupt and brazen govt officials are, or don't have a clue about the true scale of Nigeria's economy, or probably just don't know what to believe.

3 Likes

Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by slimfit1(m): 1:23pm On Aug 15, 2014
This one no be small, go to Abuja and you will see what the senators are doing with our girls with our money and they will tell you they don't have money when the are sending money to their kids and girlfriends. that is by the way what are the NASS members doing to stop this rot. What happened to check and balances.
Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by oduastates: 1:24pm On Aug 15, 2014
That nigeria is producing 2,000,000 barrels a day is the biggest joke of all.
They have been giving that number since the time of Abacha .
Like all things rigged e.g elections,census ,salaries,inflated contracts ,ghost workers etc,
nigeria 's oil production is probably between 2.6 million barrels and 4 million barrels

1 Like

Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by drshrewd: 1:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
the worse aspect of the whole mess is that these government has plunged our debt profile to all time high( in excess of N10trillion) financing recurrent budget (in excess of 70% shocked) in the past few years. what a joke of a government angry

1 Like

Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by tit(f): 1:35pm On Aug 15, 2014
DrFool,
By your calculations, Nigeria made $26billion in two years.
And you are wondering what happened to the money.
When there are no physical infrastructure.

Well, most of the money went into stomach infrastructure.
Where did Ogboni get the money for the odourless fufu we ate last week?
Did he indulge in any real capital generating venture?
After swallowing the fufu, you are still asking for $26billion?
Your foolishness did not reconcile that 75% of Nigeria's expenditure is recurrent.

In a nut-shell, you cannot eat your fufu and have it.

4 Likes

Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 15, 2014
tit: DrFool,

Your foolishness did not reconcile that 75% of Nigeria's expenditure is recurrent.

In a nut-shell, you cannot eat your fufu and have it. You don't have to be insultive.
And yes, you can still eat your fufu and have it. Ever heard of Recurrent Fufu?
Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by BishopMagic: 1:48pm On Aug 15, 2014
Silly OP, your Sanusi is already going mad.
Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by BishopMagic: 1:51pm On Aug 15, 2014
drshrewd: the worse aspect of the whole mess is that these government has plunged our debt profile to all time high( in excess of N10trillion) financing recurrent budget (in excess of 70% shocked) in the past few years. what a joke of a government angry

SHUT UP!

This government is the only one since to address the issue of recurrent expenditure by cutting down on waste. The IPPIS payment platform has drastically eliminated Ghost workers and save the government 160 billion Naira.

The debt profile you are touting is mainly local debts owed by the FG to contractors and bond markets.

Nigeria's economy has never been better off to which the rebasing of our economy can attest to.

Next time you want to spew your trash at least try and make it look good.
Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by drshrewd: 2:06pm On Aug 15, 2014
tit: DrFool,
In a nut-shell, you cannot eat your fufu and have it.
hey mrs tit. this is not time for pun or sarcasm but time for critical and dispassionate reflection on the state of affairs of our dear nation. hope you read the post above you how the country's recurrent budget is embarrassingly in excess of 70%. The $70 budget bench mark for oil price has already taken care of your so called stomach infrastructure (lol). it is the $30 excess that accumulates to over $26b we are talking about here.

2 Likes

Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by BishopMagic: 2:08pm On Aug 15, 2014
drshrewd:
[/color]
[color=#990000]hey mrs tit. this is not time for pun or sarcasm but time for critical and dispassionate reflection on the state of affairs of our dear nation. hope you read the post above you how the country's recurrent budget is embarrassingly in excess of 70%. The $70 budget bench mark has already taken care of your so called stomach infrastructure (lol). it is the $30 excess that accumulates to over $26b we are talking about here.

Go and ask your Governor for your share. The excess crude account is shared to the 3 tiers of Government and is used to fund the incoming budget.

Do you think you can have a budget without capital flow or savings?

Olodo

1 Like

Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by drshrewd: 2:26pm On Aug 15, 2014
BishopMagic:
SHUT UP!
This government is the only one since to address the issue of recurrent expenditure by cutting down on waste. The IPPIS payment platform has drastically eliminated Ghost workers and save the government 160 billion Naira.
The debt profile you are touting is mainly local debts owed by the FG to contractors and bond markets.
Nigeria's economy has never been better off to which the rebasing of our economy can attest to.
Next time you want to spew your trash at least try and make it look good.
only government to address the issue of recurrence expenditure by consistently having a recurrent budget in excess of 70%, only government to address the issue of recurrence expenditure by maintaining an excess of 10 presidential fleet and planning to add more, only government to address the issue of recurrence expenditure but his ministers spend billions in hired jets and bullet proof cars, only government to address the issue of recurrence expenditure but spend billions in food. what an irony.
you talk of ghost workers so you president is so gullible all this while that he so blind to see that he has been a cheat for the past four years only to realize it now? what a higth of incompetency angry

3 Likes

Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by BishopMagic: 2:52pm On Aug 15, 2014
drshrewd:
only government to address the issue of recurrence expenditure by consistently having a recurrent budget in excess of 70%, only government to address the issue of recurrence expenditure by maintaining an excess of 10 presidential fleet and planning to add more, only government to address the issue of recurrence expenditure but his ministers spend billions in hired jets and bullet proof cars, only government to address the issue of recurrence expenditure but spend billions in food. what an irony.
you talk of ghost workers so you president is so gullible all this while that he so blind to see that he has been a cheat for the past four years only to realize it now? what a higth of incompetency angry

Olodo, the Constitution makes the FG to be bloated. It will take a constitutional maneuver to reduce government spending. It will require balls of steel to reduce wasteful and bloated civil service which your northern abokis will do anything to kick against.

Olodo the Presidential Air Fleet was expanded by your Buhari after he seized power and commandeered executive charter jets from govt owned companies like defunct NITEL, NEPA, NPA etc.

Olodo the problem did not start with Jonathan but when your uncles and fathers from the Southwest were mismanaging the civil service.

1 Like

Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by drshrewd: 3:26pm On Aug 15, 2014
BishopMagic:
Go and ask your Governor for your share. The excess crude account is shared to the 3 tiers of Government and is used to fund the incoming budget.
Do you think you can have a budget without capital flow or savings?
Olodo
lol, it is glaring you are not knowledgeable enough to understand the intricacies surrounding the excess crude account. ECA is just a hoax and a pipe-drain to our common treasury. just for the records how many times have they shared the ECA this year? that account is worth more than $2b dollars a month shocked the state governors are complaining of dwindling statutory allocation and the ECA is not getting any fatter this was the account that OBJ left about $20b before he left office angry

1 Like

Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by BishopMagic: 3:29pm On Aug 15, 2014
drshrewd:
lol, it is glaring you are not knowledgeable enough to understand the intricacies surrounding the excess crude account. ECA is just a hoax and a pipe-drain to our common treasury. just for the records how many times have they shared the ECA this year? that account is worth more than $2b dollars a month shocked the state governors are complaining of dwindling statutory allocation and the ECA is not getting any fatter this was the account that OBJ left about $20b before he left office angry

When ND pulls out of Nigeria you can close the ECA.

1 Like

Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by drshrewd: 3:58pm On Aug 15, 2014
BishopMagic:
Olodo, the Constitution makes the FG to be bloated. It will take a constitutional maneuver to reduce government spending. It will require balls of steel to reduce wasteful and bloated civil service which your northern abokis will do anything to kick against.
Olodo the Presidential Air Fleet was expanded by your Buhari after he seized power and commandeered executive charter jets from govt owned companies like defunct NITEL, NEPA, NPA etc.
Olodo the problem did not start with Jonathan but when your uncles and fathers from the Southwest were mismanaging the civil service.
you carp like over fed kid that is too slow to learn.so you blame the incompetence of your pay master to the Nigerian constitution?so putting up a budget of 24% capital and 76% recurrent is part of the constitution. dropping the corruption charges of billions of naira stolen by the Abachas is also part of Nigerian constitution, budgeting of billions of naira in villa feeding and machinery maintenance as well as an additional presidential jet is also part of the constitution. spending billions on hired jets and bullet proof cars are also part of the constitution right? i think some Nigerian deserves the leaders they have.
so as the problem did not start from him so he should make it ten times worse angry

3 Likes

Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by drshrewd: 4:21pm On Aug 15, 2014
BishopMagic:
When ND pulls out of Nigeria you can close the ECA.
lol, no more reasonable input. that is what you get when you try to defend the indefensible. by the way am a proud ND cool

1 Like

Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by BishopMagic: 4:23pm On Aug 15, 2014
drshrewd:
lol, no more reasonable input. that is what you get when you try to defend the indefinable. by the way am a proud ND cool

You made no single sense and expect us to swallow all your autistic dribble with glee.

Charity they say begin at home. Go an ask your "amiable" scammer Fashola to account for 8 years of his administration first.

1 Like

Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by BishopMagic: 4:25pm On Aug 15, 2014
drshrewd:
you carp like over fed kid that is too slow to learn.so you blame the incompetence of your pay master to the Nigerian constitution?so putting up a budget of 24% capital and 76% recurrent is part of the constitution. dropping the corruption charges of billions of naira stolen by the Abachas is also part of Nigerian constitution, budgeting of billions of naira in villa feeding and machinery maintenance as well as an additional presidential jet is also part of the constitution. spending billions on hired jets and bullet proof cars are also part of the constitution right? i think some Nigerian deserves the leaders they have.
so as the problem did not start from him so he should make it ten times worse angry

olodo do i need to spell it out for you? The government is large because there are so many irrelevant and moribound institutions which have a legal law enactment.

1 Like

Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by drshrewd: 4:27pm On Aug 15, 2014
Yawns, am a rivers man and i don't have anything in common with lagos state

1 Like

Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by BishopMagic: 4:34pm On Aug 15, 2014
drshrewd: Yawns, am a rivers man and i don't have anything in common with lagos state

Who ask you to state where you are from?

If you like be the next in line as the Ifa Priest in Osun, who gives a phuck!

1 Like

Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 15, 2014
oduastates: That nigeria is producing 2,000,000 barrels a day is the biggest joke of all.
Like all things rigged e.g elections,census ,salaries,inflated contracts ,ghost workers etc,
nigeria 's oil production is probably between 2.6 million barrels and 4 million barrels
Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 15, 2014
Massive economical waste is going on under these Govt. Frm billions spend on Entourage,office of the first lady,private jet. The multinational companies along side elements in Fg are stealing from oil money
Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by BishopMagic: 4:47pm On Aug 15, 2014
Ibnsultan: Massive economical waste is going on under these Govt. Frm billions spend on Entourage,office of the first lady,private jet. The multinational companies along side elements in Fg are stealing from oil money

ABOKI WHAT IS YOUR BUSINESS WITH OIL MONEY?

1 Like

Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 15, 2014
BishopMagic:

ABOKI WHAT IS YOUR BUSINESS WITH OIL MONEY?
it belongs to Nigerians. And should be use to provide needed infrastructure for all not in some swiss bank account
Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by abdulwastecx(m): 5:01pm On Aug 15, 2014
oduastates: That nigeria is producing 2,000,000 barrels a day is the biggest joke of all.

Nigeria currently produce about 2.3million barrel.... there is an organization responsible for regulating the quantity of oil sold in the market, that organization is OPEC
Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by abdulwastecx(m): 5:09pm On Aug 15, 2014
Ibnsultan: Massive economical waste is going on under these Govt. Frm billions spend on Entourage,office of the first lady,private jet. The multinational companies along side elements in Fg are stealing from oil money

National aseemblies, the presidency, unnecessary ministries and parastators etc.
To cut than recurrent expenditures Nigerians need to demand for political change and amendments of the constitutions to change the system of gov't
Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by BishopMagic: 5:13pm On Aug 15, 2014
Ibnsultan: it belongs to Nigerians. And should be use to provide needed infrastructure for all not in some swiss bank account
at THE BOLDED: Thief!
go and collect your share from Abacha, Buhari and IBB.

1 Like

Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by BishopMagic: 5:13pm On Aug 15, 2014
abdulwastecx:

National aseemblies, the presidency, unnecessary ministries and parastators etc.
To cut than recurrent expenditures Nigerians need to demand for political change and amendments of the constitutions to change the system of gov't

help me tell olodo OP!
Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by abdulwastecx(m): 5:22pm On Aug 15, 2014
BishopMagic:
at THE BOLDED: Thief!
go and collect your share from Abacha, Buhari and IBB.

Corruption of any form should not be tolerated because it destroys community. It is really difficult to fight corruption and under development in a country with no institutions, and it is difficult to have institutions in a country where the people are have too much ethnic/religious sentiment.

The military gov't dominated by northern Nigeria is the major reason why we are in this situation and the so called elite from the region are not helping matter at all now

2 Likes

Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by abdulwastecx(m): 5:31pm On Aug 15, 2014
electricity generation is a gradual thing and need a road map.

from 1960 - 2012, Nigeria can only generate say 6000megawatts in a country og 175million...who do u blame?. the current gov't or the successful gov't since 1960

2 Likes

Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by drshrewd: 12:07pm On Aug 16, 2014
abdulwastecx:
lol, this is the most ridiculous comment i have read for a long while. so the national assemblies were not their during OBJ tenure when Nigeria was producing barely 1m barrel of oil per day due to ND militancy yet shorned out far better budget angry. is it not on the prerogative of the government to either expand or contract its Cabinet and its agencies/parastatals thereto in other to efficiently manage it government and hence come up with a responsive fiscal policies angry.i can clearly see the extent of cerebral damage and hemorrhage pro GEJ have developed defending the indefensible

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Contact Us For Your Domestic And Industrial Borehole / Check This Out!! It Repels Mosquitoes / Transcorp Hotel Abuja Bans Lodging Or Serving Female Customers Not Accompanied B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.