Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,164 members, 7,953,623 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:01 PM

Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) (2196 Views)

NNPC Fuel Depot In Kaduna On Fire (photos) / Hilarious No Smoking Sign At An Nnpc Mega Station (pictured) / Danjuma Is Far Richer Than Dangote (proof) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by supersonic(m): 6:57pm On Aug 16, 2014
BishopMagic:
You made no single sense and expect us to swallow all your autistic dribble with glee.
Charity they say begin at home. Go an ask your "amiable" scammer Fashola to account for 8 years of his administration first.
Nobody is blaming you for ur allegiance to GEJ but for a second,take a look at hw ur world was 10yrs ago and now,then conclude. As you had been attacking everybody,let me refer u to ur ancestors,how were their lives during Obasanjo's regime? Let me conclude with this, "I wonder why you are like this but i don't have problem with that cos that is how ur parents raised you"
Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by BishopMagic: 7:01pm On Aug 16, 2014
supersonic:
Nobody is blaming you for ur allegiance to GEJ but for a second,take a look at hw ur world was 10yrs ago and now,then conclude. As you had been attacking everybody,let me refer u to ur ancestors,how were their lives during Obasanjo's regime? Let me conclude with this, "I wonder why you are like this but i don't have problem with that cos that is how ur parents raised you"

Another autistic belle hungry broke supporter of APC.

If you ain't eating, don't mean every body else is broke as you.

Get a job and stop depending on your relative to get into political relevance before you can feed.

sycophantic supporter of APC

1 Like

Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by supersonic(m): 7:35pm On Aug 16, 2014
BishopMagic:
Another autistic belle hungry broke supporter of APC.
If you ain't eating, don't mean every body else is broke as you.
Get a job and stop depending on your relative to get into political relevance before you can feed.
sycophantic supporter of APC

By their postings,ye shall know them. Dumb ass
Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by obailala(m): 9:00am On Aug 18, 2014
homerac7: ^^
Those denying probability of $20bn being stolen with little trace from FG coffers either are ignorant of how deeply corrupt and brazen govt officials are, or don't have a clue about the true scale of Nigeria's economy, or probably just don't know what to believe.
On the contrary, those denying the probability of missing billions are far from ignorant... They are simply individuals and groups who have voluntarily decided to delude themselves that no money is missing... they fear that if they agree any money is missing, it would be an indictment of Jonathan's administration as being corrupt...

These individuals can never be convinced because even if the theft happens in their faces, they would still deny it ever happened... The increase in the number of private jets in Nigeria lately is enough evidence for even an ediot to know that a lot of money is going down the drain lately. Forbes reports that the number of private Jets in Nigeria jumped from 20 in 2007 to 150 in 2012 (only God knows what the figure would be now in 2014 when people like Tompolo and CAN president have just joined the list last year.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2012/09/18/wealthy-nigerians-spend-a-reported-6-5-billion-on-private-jets/

Most Jonathan supporters would make the most ridiculous arguments thinking they are protecting his interests and oblivious of the fact that they are destroying their own future.. Not long ago I met with a cousin who swore with his life that the power problem in Nigeria has been solved by Jona because he now gets light for more than 18 hours per day in his house.. I was like, WTF!.. where do you stay please?... are you really okay?
Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by homerac7: 10:30am On Aug 18, 2014
obailala:
On the contrary, those denying the probability of missing billions are far from ignorant... They are simply individuals and groups who have voluntarily decided to delude themselves that no money is missing... they fear that if they agree any money is missing, it would be an indictment of Jonathan's administration as being corrupt...
These individuals can never be convinced because even if the theft happens in their faces, they would still deny it ever happened... The increase in the number of private jets in Nigeria lately is enough evidence for even an ediot to know that a lot of money is going down the drain lately. Forbes reports that the number of private Jets in Nigeria jumped from 20 in 2007 to 150 in 2012 (only God knows what the figure would be now in 2014 when people like Tompolo and CAN president have just joined the list last year.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2012/09/18/wealthy-nigerians-spend-a-reported-6-5-billion-on-private-jets/
Most Jonathan supporters would make the most ridiculous arguments thinking they are protecting his interests and oblivious of the fact that they are destroying their own future.. Not long ago I met with a cousin who swore with his life that the power problem in Nigeria has been solved by Jona because he now gets light for more than 18 hours per day in his house.. I was like, WTF!.. where do you stay please?... are you really okay?

My brother, the biggest problem of Nigeria is Nigerians. I have given up on this country. The people never learnt, and will never learn.
Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by MrTeymee(m): 11:42am On Aug 18, 2014
BishopMagic:

Olodo, the Constitution makes the FG to be bloated. It will take a constitutional maneuver to reduce government spending. It will require balls of steel to reduce wasteful and bloated civil service which your northern abokis will do anything to kick against.

Olodo the Presidential Air Fleet was expanded by your Buhari after he seized power and commandeered executive charter jets from govt owned companies like defunct NITEL, NEPA, NPA etc.

Olodo the problem did not start with Jonathan but when your uncles and fathers from the Southwest were mismanaging the civil service.
Why are u this tribalistic?? What has tribe got to do with this thread. People like you are the reason ah support abortions.... undecided
Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by T4taiwo(m): 12:07pm On Aug 18, 2014
Some people are gullible and blindfolded about the economic status of this nation,the op was trying to give details explanation about how this nation is been milked daily by the so called cabals. instead of us to take a critically analysis of the points raised, we resorted into name calling and insults...@op u raised a valid points which needs urgent response from those in government,all we needs is a details explanation on how our money is been spent.
Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by tit(f): 2:54pm On Aug 18, 2014
T4taiwo: Some people are gullible and blindfolded about the economic status of this nation,the op was trying to give details explanation about how this nation is been milked daily by the so called cabals. instead of us to take a critically analysis of the points raised, we resorted into name calling and insults...@op u raised a valid points which needs urgent response from those in government,all we needs is a details explanation on how our money is been spent.

I bet you work for government.
75% of Nigeria's money is said to be spent maintaining people like you.
The leftover is what is spent on "infrastructure".
If you are looking for missing money, where would you look?
At the 75% pie or at the 25% pie?
Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by cronsberg: 12:51am On Aug 19, 2014
And do you know the scary thing about this whole thing? Nigeria doesn't have "meters" installed on the crude oil drilling platforms shocked shocked How in the world do you then know the number of barrels you produce in a day? For all we know, this country could be pumping out 5 million barrels every single day. The ribadu committee setup to investigate the fuel subsidy saga pointed the meter thing out, and recommended the immediate purchase and installation of such meters, but it landed on deaf ears, and now, the same ribadu is partying with them. What a hopeless situation. what a hopeless country. Those who want to stay behind and "build/rescue the country" should do so, you are REAL patriots, but for me, am ourra here. I can't develop heart attack or high blood pressure and eventually die young because of this country. Lost hope a long time ago

2 Likes

Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by tit(f): 12:55am On Aug 19, 2014
cronsberg: And do you know the scary thing about this whole thing? Nigeria doesn't have "meters" installed on the crude oil drilling platforms shocked shocked How in the world do you then know the number of barrels you produce in a day? For all we know, this country could be pumping out 5 million barrels every single day. The ribadu committee setup to investigate the fuel subsidy saga pointed the meter thing out, and recommended the immediate purchase and installation of such meters, but it landed on deaf ears, and now, the same ribadu is partying with them. What a hopeless situation. what a hopeless country. Those who want to stay behind and "build/rescue the country" should do so, you are REAL patriots, but for me, am ourra here. Lost hope a long time ago

I still cannot believe that Nigeria's oil and gas processes or not metered.
Someone tell me it is not true.
The meter unit is the single most important piece of equipment in the oilfield.
Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 19, 2014
What I can say is that wherever u seee igbos and I'm dead serious abt dis, dey will alwayyyyyyssss lord over it. They are mostly the ones giving jonathan clues and methods of draining d country dry. I get what the op is saying is that successive govts re making let's say in a mnth 5billion dolls corruption like 3billion nd dey use d remaning for reasonable projects salaries et all. Bt during d time of jonadog, the govt eke out like 50billion dolls corruption like 40 bill dolls while d remain 10 is media hype politcal mudslinging govt agency empowerment nd all dat just to remain in power. I'm sure okonjo is nw a silent billonaire wherever she is now cos she is d architect of d grandest robbery of all times emboldened by her shylotic igbo jews dat knw nting bt running a govt reserve down. Go to usa most banks re owned by the jews, frm federal bank reserve to world bank dey own dem frm entertainment to war factories creating a subtle world order to keep d wwhole order under its grip xactly just like d igbos. God knws I hate dem wth all I have cos dey re nting bt thieves, criminals bedbugs and vermins. Pls dear readers kindly google 125 places jews has been xpelled all over the world since 325 b.c till d hitler regime in germany, cos they claim they re jews so to me they re just d same.....wat I stress most is that wth igbos in d corner of power dey will show u dey re working thereby they re working for themselves nd whoever they see as a threat they take down.... Watching nigeria woes 2015 onward in 5d
Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by lefrenzy: 10:28am On Aug 19, 2014
what an insightful write up. @ op tx am really learning.
Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by drshrewd: 11:09pm On Aug 29, 2014
just imagine few hours from now ph will be closing down for tan rally a group that is being sponsored by one of the subsidy thieves. this country is really a big joke sad
Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by Douglasdale(m): 2:06am On Aug 30, 2014
drshrewd: [b]At first when the ousted CBN governor com emir Sanusi Limido Sanusi alerted the president and the general public that $49b was missing I said to myself that this guy must be high on concentrated “ogogoro”( a local alcoholic drink popular among the Niger Delta people). He even collaborated my suspicion when he vacillated around this figure to $10b and further to $20b. As a rational mind I played down this seemingly outrageous claim as I felt it was not worth my deep analytic evaluation. For an amount of money that can transform a ten square miles of Sambissa forest to a mini New York city awashed with sky scrapers, an amount that is about 4% of our rebased GDP (economists should be in better position to appreciate the implication of this) , an amount that can electrify the whole of west Africa sub region with modern state of the art power evacuating equipment, an amount that can fixed all the bad federal roads in the country with modern state of the art drainage and pedestrian walk ways embellished side by side with beautiful trees and flowers, an amount that is three fourth of the federal government’s yearly budget. I said to myself that this bogus claims of missing $20b is as unthinkable as unthinkable itself and realistically unrealistic! And if such amount should be missing then the federal government would be fiscally ruined as well as financially distressed and perhaps America ‘will’ know! I hastily concluded that the CBN governor should refrain from making spurious claim that defies logic and verges on insubordination.

However, after some few months I started reflecting on the poor state of our dear country. The epileptic to zero power supply, the noisome to critically dilapidated state of our federal roads, the unprecedented striking tumult sweeping across critical government organization due to paucity funding and wanton neglect , the poor budgeting (less than 30% capital I bet no serious developing country can make any head way with that) and it very poor implementation, the insecurity plague despite huge amount of money being sunk in that sector and the growing institutionalization of corruption and it attendant impunity. All I can only surmise was that the once crawling giant of Africa has finally fallen deep in slumber. Further reflection on the state of affairs of our dear country literally plunged my mere pessimism into full blown despondency as I review our budget for the past few years.

The FG under GEJ has over the years in his budget proposals pegged the bench mark of petroleum product at around $70 and over these years the product has consistently been sold for around $100 leaving us with an excess of $30. This excess ought to be in the excess crude account (ECA). Let get our hands a little bit dirty with figures and statistics. Nigeria having been producing an excess of 2m barrels of crude oil per day over the years implies that 2mx30 or $60m (conservative estimate) ought to be made a day from the excess crude sales. In a year this amount to 365x60=$21,900m or $21.9b (could this be the missing money?) but again, FG has 60% stake of the joint venture with the multinationals therefore, FG ultimately gets 60% of $21.9b = $13.140b. for two years FG gets 2x$13.14b= $26.28b. wao!! A figure not far from the purported missing $20b not being remitted in the federation account and not in the excess crude account either within the alleged fiscal financial years. In fact the ECA was seen depleting during this period and beyond. The states statutory allocation equally went down to the chagrin of the state governors. The question is where are our monies( the money may even be beyond the said missing money if you do your maths very well).what is even the state of our ECA currently? Some years ago, NOI (okonjeconomics) said that they want to maintain a minimum of $50b in the ECA for economic sustainability and stability. So where is the said minimum amount? The last time I checked ECA is as good as empty.

After my analysis, I decided to disabuse myself of the incredibility that $20b or more is impossible to have got missing. In fact, I strongly believe that far more than that may be missing. I also vindicated Sanusi for erroneously indicting him earlier on. Finally, I wept for my dear country led by a government whose body language strongly consents corruption. A government that has left the anti corruption agencies embarrassingly toothless and inert. A government that is too myopic to know that fight against corruption ought to be her first priority because if corruption is tackled head on then Nigeria should certainly be on a course of being 90% fixed. A government whose head recently appeared on a national TV to proclaim to the world that stealing is not corruption. What a show of shame!

Dr.shrewd typing via Bonny island Rivers State.
[/b]

[/color]you are not an expert in the Nigerian oil industry and just like Sanusi you goofed big time on this one.
Here are a few facts for you.
1. Nigeria represented by NNPC has a stake of 60 or 51percent depending on the agreement signed with the exploration. All expenses incurred during exploration and production (for example... Feasibility studies, development, construction of Rigs, flowstations, Gas plants,refineries etc are shared in the same proportion as agreed. So If for example to build an FPSO will cost 2Billion dollars, The IOC has to provide 40% of the cost and NNPC will bring the 60%... Where will the money come from? NNPC won't pay with cash but will pay by allocating barrels of crude to offset that bill and that's why the ammount never tarries. All operational cost has to be shared between both parties.

2. The petroleum subsidy money is collected from the earnings fromcrude and so is extra bugdetory allocations.

3. Sanusi is not an expert on crude sales and he jumped the gun in announcing ficticious and incredulous ammounts. Allow KPMG Conclude their audit first before embarrasing yourselves like Sanusi. [/b]
Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by Douglasdale(m): 2:21am On Aug 30, 2014
tit:

I still cannot believe that Nigeria's oil and gas processes or not metered.
Someone tell me it is not true.
The meter unit is the single most important piece of equipment in the oilfield.

Don't listen to that slowspoke. What does he know about Oil productionThe truth is that every Oil production company know how many barrels of crude to pump into the National trunkline. All ships loading crude at either loading platforms, FS0s and FPSOs have a graduated loading capacity which cannot be exceeded. Crude is sold in Barrels in the international markets and the quantity to be bought is an established factor even before loading. So how can one odeku inside his dingy room come here and say there are no meters for measuring and recording the quantity of crude to be exported by the IOCs. Has the OP ever been inside a control room of a platform before? Ignorance NA nonesense. Crazy things you here on blogosphere.
Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by Papertrail11(m): 4:47am On Aug 30, 2014
To gej igbo supporters I hav3 one question for una.....

If the money wasnt missing in the first place why did it take sooooo freaking long for dem to deny it...thats cheeky right there...it just like me accusing dbanj or donjazzy say he stole ma beat or song and im a popular artist if dbanj or donjazzy dont come to clear err one would look at them both as pple who steal pples recording material wifout hivn credit or wrong....?

To me mehn the person dat wrecked our economy is Okonj ibrela....just cos she was a top person at imf or bla bla dosent mean dey can create jobs and sustain wealth of a countrys nation.....

Anytime I hear stuff about job creation it is always ddoing bread doing slipppers babers and all dose jobs dat cant feed pple but one wag dey can use to feed pple and create suc h jobs is to intergrate projects in strategic locations in the county to provide a forward and backward link in other to stir up job creation...

sorry for my rants abeg but gej supporters answer ma first question
Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by Negro1: 9:04am On Aug 30, 2014
drshrewd: [b]At first when the ousted CBN governor com emir Sanusi Limido Sanusi alerted the president and the general public that $49b was missing I said to myself that this guy must be high on concentrated “ogogoro”( a local alcoholic drink popular among the Niger Delta people). He even collaborated my suspicion when he vacillated around this figure to $10b and further to $20b. As a rational mind I played down this seemingly outrageous claim as I felt it was not worth my deep analytic evaluation. For an amount of money that can transform a ten square miles of Sambissa forest to a mini New York city awashed with sky scrapers, an amount that is about 4% of our rebased GDP (economists should be in better position to appreciate the implication of this) , an amount that can electrify the whole of west Africa sub region with modern state of the art power evacuating equipment, an amount that can fixed all the bad federal roads in the country with modern state of the art drainage and pedestrian walk ways embellished side by side with beautiful trees and flowers, an amount that is three fourth of the federal government’s yearly budget. I said to myself that this bogus claims of missing $20b is as unthinkable as unthinkable itself and realistically unrealistic! And if such amount should be missing then the federal government would be fiscally ruined as well as financially distressed and perhaps America ‘will’ know! I hastily concluded that the CBN governor should refrain from making spurious claim that defies logic and verges on insubordination.

However, after some few months I started reflecting on the poor state of our dear country. The epileptic to zero power supply, the noisome to critically dilapidated state of our federal roads, the unprecedented striking tumult sweeping across critical government organization due to paucity funding and wanton neglect , the poor budgeting (less than 30% capital I bet no serious developing country can make any head way with that) and it very poor implementation, the insecurity plague despite huge amount of money being sunk in that sector and the growing institutionalization of corruption and it attendant impunity. All I can only surmise was that the once crawling giant of Africa has finally fallen deep in slumber. Further reflection on the state of affairs of our dear country literally plunged my mere pessimism into full blown despondency as I review our budget for the past few years.

The FG under GEJ has over the years in his budget proposals pegged the bench mark of petroleum product at around $70 and over these years the product has consistently been sold for around $100 leaving us with an excess of $30. This excess ought to be in the excess crude account (ECA). Let get our hands a little bit dirty with figures and statistics. Nigeria having been producing an excess of 2m barrels of crude oil per day over the years implies that 2mx30 or $60m (conservative estimate) ought to be made a day from the excess crude sales. In a year this amount to 365x60=$21,900m or $21.9b (could this be the missing money?) but again, FG has 60% stake of the joint venture with the multinationals therefore, FG ultimately gets 60% of $21.9b = $13.140b. for two years FG gets 2x$13.14b= $26.28b. wao!! A figure not far from the purported missing $20b not being remitted in the federation account and not in the excess crude account either within the alleged fiscal financial years. In fact the ECA was seen depleting during this period and beyond. The states statutory allocation equally went down to the chagrin of the state governors. The question is where are our monies( the money may even be beyond the said missing money if you do your maths very well).what is even the state of our ECA currently? Some years ago, NOI (okonjeconomics) said that they want to maintain a minimum of $50b in the ECA for economic sustainability and stability. So where is the said minimum amount? The last time I checked ECA is as good as empty.

After my analysis, I decided to disabuse myself of the incredibility that $20b or more is impossible to have got missing. In fact, I strongly believe that far more than that may be missing. I also vindicated Sanusi for erroneously indicting him earlier on. Finally, I wept for my dear country led by a government whose body language strongly consents corruption. A government that has left the anti corruption agencies embarrassingly toothless and inert. A government that is too myopic to know that fight against corruption ought to be her first priority because if corruption is tackled head on then Nigeria should certainly be on a course of being 90% fixed. A government whose head recently appeared on a national TV to proclaim to the world that stealing is not corruption. What a show of shame!

Dr.shrewd typing via Bonny island Rivers State.
[/b]

Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by drshrewd: 2:39pm On Oct 09, 2014
Douglasdale:

[/color]you are not an expert in the Nigerian oil industry and just like Sanusi you goofed big time on this one.
Here are a few facts for you.
1. Nigeria represented by NNPC has a stake of 60 or 51percent depending on the agreement signed with the exploration. All expenses incurred during exploration and production (for example... Feasibility studies, development, construction of Rigs, flowstations, Gas plants,refineries etc are shared in the same proportion as agreed. So If for example to build an FPSO will cost 2Billion dollars, The IOC has to provide 40% of the cost and NNPC will bring the 60%... Where will the money come from? NNPC won't pay with cash but will pay by allocating barrels of crude to offset that bill and that's why the ammount never tarries. All operational cost has to be shared between both parties.

2. The petroleum subsidy money is collected from the earnings fromcrude and so is extra bugdetory allocations.

3. Sanusi is not an expert on crude sales and he jumped the gun in announcing ficticious and incredulous ammounts. Allow KPMG Conclude their audit first before embarrasing yourselves like Sanusi. [/b]
what is this one bluffing up there. did you read my post at all . i am well involved in what is going on in the down stream sector of the nigeria petroleum sector. i have been only very conservative with figures. Go back and reread my post
Re: Proof That $20b Or More May Be Missing (A Revisit To The NNPC Barefaced Robbery) by drshrewd: 2:17pm On Jan 28, 2015
the recent economic realities and Soludo's essay has further collaborated my article on the missing $20b. imagine our excess crude money is as good a empty after enjoying so many years of oil boom with no power, no refinery, no federal roads, no jobs, no quality education, no security. in less than two months of oil glut those stupid idiots are talking of austerity measures

(1) (2) (Reply)

Selling Of Baby Products / What u need to know about Telecomm. Mast / [FREE DOWNLOAD] Best E-book On How To Start Blogging For Money In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.