Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Pls Can I Make Use Of My GT Bank Naira Mastercard In Nairobi - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pls Can I Make Use Of My GT Bank Naira Mastercard In Nairobi (4121 Views)

New ATM/POS Charges On Gtbank Mastercard In America / Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Can I Make Use Of My GT Bank Naira Mastercard In Nairobi by Okpuzu01(m): 11:17am On Aug 15, 2014
I am due to travel to Nairobi. Can I be able to withdraw with my GT Bank naira mastercard in Kenya or wich other card that works there? Thanks
Re: Pls Can I Make Use Of My GT Bank Naira Mastercard In Nairobi by optimusprime2(m): 7:16am On Aug 28, 2014
Okpuzu01: I am due to travel to Nairobi. Can I be able to withdraw with my GT Bank naira mastercard in Kenya or wich other card that works there? Thanks
YES OF COURSE!
Re: Pls Can I Make Use Of My GT Bank Naira Mastercard In Nairobi by Meringe(m): 1:52pm On Feb 27, 2015
Okpuzu01:
I am due to travel to Nairobi. Can I be able to withdraw with my GT Bank naira mastercard in Kenya or wich other card that works there? Thanks
Bro, have you traveled?

What are the charges while u used GTB mastercard?
Re: Pls Can I Make Use Of My GT Bank Naira Mastercard In Nairobi by suxes2005(m): 8:04pm On Feb 27, 2015
Use UBA

GTB too expensive.

Diamond is fair

At times gtb will charge N420 and N75 on some atm
while they charge as high as N2000 from other atms

~ Sheyi
Re: Pls Can I Make Use Of My GT Bank Naira Mastercard In Nairobi by cutieme(m): 10:10pm On Feb 27, 2015
Hello@okpuzu01,pls can u tell us the process u took in getting your visa and how much it cost u,also the ticket price.
Re: Pls Can I Make Use Of My GT Bank Naira Mastercard In Nairobi by Meringe(m): 11:13pm On Feb 27, 2015
suxes2005:
Use UBA

GTB too expensive.

Diamond is fair

At times gtb will charge N420 and N75 on some atm
while they charge as high as N2000 from other atms

~ Sheyi
I want to make use of gtb and fcmb mastercards in Turkey. I'm concerned what their charges might be and their exchange rate.
Re: Pls Can I Make Use Of My GT Bank Naira Mastercard In Nairobi by optimusprime2(m): 4:31am On Feb 28, 2015
cutieme:
Hello@okpuzu01,pls can u tell us the process u took in getting your visa and how much it cost u,also the ticket price.
Upon showing your accomodation reservation or I.V letter, one gets a visa on arrival in Kenya with a NIGERIAN passport.
Hope you R good?
Re: Pls Can I Make Use Of My GT Bank Naira Mastercard In Nairobi by suxes2005(m): 7:08am On Feb 28, 2015
Meringe:

I want to make use of gtb and fcmb mastercards in Turkey. I'm concerned what their charges might be and their exchange rate.

UBA africard is very easy to get. Gtb charges higher than most bank.

~ Sheyi
Re: Pls Can I Make Use Of My GT Bank Naira Mastercard In Nairobi by Meringe(m): 8:23am On Feb 28, 2015
suxes2005:

UBA africard is very easy to get. Gtb charges higher than most bank.

~ Sheyi
Very easy to get or charges very minimal?
Re: Pls Can I Make Use Of My GT Bank Naira Mastercard In Nairobi by suxes2005(m): 8:56pm On Feb 28, 2015
Meringe:

Very easy to get or charges very minimal?

Both!
Re: Pls Can I Make Use Of My GT Bank Naira Mastercard In Nairobi by zaliya(f): 10:26pm On Feb 28, 2015
You can use your GTBank mastercard but it's a bit difficult getting bank ATMs that accept mastercards. I advise you take along visacard if you have any.
The charges are at about NGN420 per withdrawal.
Have a safe trip! See you soon in Kenya.
Re: Pls Can I Make Use Of My GT Bank Naira Mastercard In Nairobi by Nobody: 7:42am On Mar 01, 2015
I av gtb, firstbank n ecobnk mastercards, so none will be useful? Dts gud to know. Pls, which visacard is d best to use then as I'm planning to land there ds month ending. I av bn searching for some furnished accommodation and I av ben getting some arround khs 20,000 to 35000. Apart from nairobi, what other cities are interesting to visit or live?
Re: Pls Can I Make Use Of My GT Bank Naira Mastercard In Nairobi by cutieme(m): 9:06am On Mar 01, 2015
@zaliya,please how is Kenya in terms of economy, living standard, job/business currency,weather and Accomodation.
Re: Pls Can I Make Use Of My GT Bank Naira Mastercard In Nairobi by doubeais(m): 1:02am On Mar 02, 2015
@ Soyedele1
I believe the best Nigerian naira ATM card to use abroad anywhere is the Access bank visa card. I used mine in Pretoria, SA last year, and monitored the charges from my Internet banking platform, I realised all transactions had no more than N275 per transaction compared to GTBank's minimum of N450 per transaction.
Actually, Access bank charges N240 per transaction from Naija while the bank you use its ATM abroad charges less than N35. GTBank charges N420 per transaction from Naija then the abroad bank will charge their own too.

Anyway that was my experience with the two banks ATM in Pretoria, SA last year, but I don't know whether other naira visa ATM card from other banks charge that low as Access bank.

4 or 5 years ago when it is only GTBank naira ATM Mastercard that works abroad, I remember GTBank charges N1,000 per transaction from Naija and the abroad bank used to charge N250. It was really expensive to use your GTBank naira ATM abroad then, this I discovered in Accra in 2010.
Re: Pls Can I Make Use Of My GT Bank Naira Mastercard In Nairobi by Nobody: 6:53am On Mar 02, 2015
doubeais:
@ Soyedele1
I believe the best Nigerian naira ATM card to use abroad anywhere is the Access bank visa card. I used mine in Pretoria, SA last year, and monitored the charges from my Internet banking platform, I realised all transactions had no more than N275 per transaction compared to GTBank's minimum of N450 per transaction.
Actually, Access bank charges N240 per transaction from Naija while the bank you use its ATM abroad charges less than N35. GTBank charges N420 per transaction from Naija then the abroad bank will charge their own too.

Anyway that was my experience with the two banks ATM in Pretoria, SA last year, but I don't know whether other naira visa ATM card from other banks charge that low as Access bank.

4 or 5 years ago when it is only GTBank naira ATM Mastercard that works abroad, I remember GTBank charges N1,000 per transaction from Naija and the abroad bank used to charge N250. It was really expensive to use your GTBank naira ATM abroad then, this I discovered in Accra in 2010.

Thanks for this bro.. Will try to get access visa card
Re: Pls Can I Make Use Of My GT Bank Naira Mastercard In Nairobi by osarodon(m): 2:10pm On Mar 20, 2015
doubeais:
@ Soyedele1

Please do you mean Access bank Master Card or Visa Card?
Re: Pls Can I Make Use Of My GT Bank Naira Mastercard In Nairobi by doubeais(m): 11:49pm On Apr 10, 2015
@ Osarodon, I used the Access Bank naira visa card in SA.

(1) (Reply)

UK Tier 2 And 5 Visa For Skilled Persons Explained (with Links) / The Best Uk Varsities For Graduate Employment / What If Someone Couldn't Get A Job Related To His Field After Msc In Germany?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.