Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,199 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Restoring Sanity In The Politics Forum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restoring Sanity In The Politics Forum (1165 Views)

Saraki Travail Road To Sanity In The Executive / PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory / We Need Sanity In This Polity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Restoring Sanity In The Politics Forum by Inik(m): 1:08pm On Aug 15, 2014
This forum has become a shadow of itself as trolls and tribalists have taken over. They are having a field day posting childish and clannish stuffs. They have even gone to the extent of revealing the real life identities and pictures of fellow Nairalanders which is clearly against the forum rules. Every single day serious minded posters walk away from the politics forum to other sections of Nairaland because they can't cope with the idiocy that is on display here. How do we restore the lost glory of the politics section?

I will suggest a two weeks Ip ban to be implemented by the moderators. Banning just the offending usernames is not enough as the trolls have a thousand and one different monikers for trolling.

What do you suggest?

2 Likes

Re: Restoring Sanity In The Politics Forum by Idrismusty97(m): 1:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
Yea IP banned is the best. The only way you can change your IP is to change your SIM it self, You may end up using the IP of a friend who is on Nairaland and when that IP is banned both of you will suffer the consequences. That's more stressful than creating new emails. The Admin should look into this if he wants a healthy site. Even if you have 100 different Sim card you might not have credit in it or a data plan. It would be more expensive trolling around with hundreds of monikers. I don't know how this will work for those using WIFI any way.

3 Likes

Re: Restoring Sanity In The Politics Forum by MARKone(m): 1:44pm On Aug 15, 2014
Idrismusty97: Yea IP banned is the best. The only way you can change your IP is to change your SIM it self, You may end up using the IP of a friend who is on Nairaland and when that IP is banned both of you will suffer the consequences. That's more stressful than creating new emails. The Admin should look into this if he wants a healthy site. Even if you have 100 different Sim card you might not have credit in it or a data plan. It would be more expensive trolling around with hundreds of monikers. I don't know how this will work for those using WIFI any way.

IPs' can be easily Masked. Changing of SIMS is not the only way you can change ur IP

1 Like

Re: Restoring Sanity In The Politics Forum by Idrismusty97(m): 1:48pm On Aug 15, 2014
MARKone:

IPs' can be easily Masked. Changing of SIMS is not the only way you can change ur IP
But that would be more stressful and even expensive than using alternate emails to create new monikers. Not everyone can do that....Only a few geeks.
Re: Restoring Sanity In The Politics Forum by C0llynz0ii: 2:13pm On Aug 15, 2014
Network newbies, even when using your phone, your IP changes each time you close your browser and access the site again, they are called dynamic IP addresses. The IP I am using right now to access the site might be what you will use the next time you log in, same with a computer when using a USB modem or wifi
By the way, IP has nothing to do with sim cards.

1 Like

Re: Restoring Sanity In The Politics Forum by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 15, 2014
C0llynz0ii: Network newbies, even when using your phone, your IP changes each time you close your browser and access the site again, it is called dynamic IP addresses. The IP I am using right now to access the site might be what you will use the next time you log in.

Fool...!!

I didn't see the thread you promised to create....

1 Like

Re: Restoring Sanity In The Politics Forum by C0llynz0ii: 2:26pm On Aug 15, 2014
ilugunboy:

Fool...!!

Your moderator friends are working overtime to see that it doesn't come to fruition as you can see from my new account, but it is on it's way.
I will create it when I have enough time on my hands so that I can cause enough damage before it is deleted.
Re: Restoring Sanity In The Politics Forum by Idrismusty97(m): 2:29pm On Aug 15, 2014
C0llynz0ii: Network newbies, even when using your phone, your IP changes each time you close your browser and access the site again, they are called dynamic IP addresses. The IP I am using right now to access the site might be what you will use the next time you log in, same with a computer when using a USB modem or wifi
I have visited some foreign site where the whole Nigeria IP have been banned. How is that possible? In that same site Glo is an exception, only when you use popular Nigerian networks like MTN and ETISALAT(Used mostly by scammers).
Re: Restoring Sanity In The Politics Forum by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 15, 2014
C0llynz0ii:
Your moderator friends are working overtime to see that it doesn't come to fruition as you can see from my new account, but it is on it's way.
I will create it when I have enough time on my hands so that I can cause enough damage before it is deleted.

Lmao.... grin

they should rather annihilate your type from NL......that is the only way there would be sanity in here.

1 Like

Re: Restoring Sanity In The Politics Forum by Omexonomy: 2:37pm On Aug 15, 2014
ilugunboy:

Fool...!!

busted.
This is one of the stupid smelling Yoruba who likes to insult the thieves and ritualist igbo in nairaland. And most time their thinking faculty is equal to 0.00005 CGPA

1 Like

Re: Restoring Sanity In The Politics Forum by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 15, 2014
Omexonomy: busted.
This is one of the stupid smelling Yoruba who likes to insult the thieves and ritualist igbo in nairaland. [size=13pt]And most time my thinking faculty is equal to 0.00005 CGPA[/size]

...so what is bad in insulting thieves and ritualists .....you must either be a thief or a ritualist igbo grin

You are right on the money with large part

7 Likes

Re: Restoring Sanity In The Politics Forum by Omexonomy: 2:46pm On Aug 15, 2014
ilugunboy:

...so what is bad in insulting thieves and ritualist .....you must either be thief or a ritualist igbo grin
then let the game begin since the mods ar sleeping and dont know their duty.
Stu.pid smelling yorober illugunboy VS any ritualist thief igbo in the house .
Re: Restoring Sanity In The Politics Forum by C0llynz0ii: 2:46pm On Aug 15, 2014
Idrismusty97: I have visited some foreign site where the whole Nigeria IP have been banned. How is that possible? In that same site Glo is an exception, only when you use popular Nigerian networks like MTN and ETISALAT(Used mostly by scammers).
Yes, that is very possible because there is a whole block (range) of IP addresses assigned to Nigeria by IANA, the owners of those foreign sites can simply block access from IP addresses that fall into that range with just a few clicks, can Nairaland afford to do the same?
Seun can decide to block access to his site from any other country, but not Nigeria where the bulk of his traffic and adverts come from.
I don't understand your bit about Globacom.

1 Like

Re: Restoring Sanity In The Politics Forum by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 15, 2014
Omexonomy: then let the game begin since the mods ar sleeping and dont know their duty.
Stu.pid smelling yorober illugunboy VS any ritualist thief igbo in the house .

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Restoring Sanity In The Politics Forum by Idrismusty97(m): 3:15pm On Aug 15, 2014
C0llynz0ii:

I don't understand your bit about Globacom.
I mean it is possible to access the site with Glo(A Nigerian network provider) but not with MTN, Etisalat, Airtel or any other Nigerian based network provider. This for me means they know your network provider(Probably by IP type) and they banned the ones commonly used for scamming.
Re: Restoring Sanity In The Politics Forum by C0llynz0ii: 3:22pm On Aug 15, 2014
Idrismusty97: I mean it is possible to access the site with Glo(A Nigerian network provider) but not with MTN, Etisalat, Airtel or any other Nigerian based network provider. This for me means they know your network provider(Probably by IP type) and they banned the ones commonly used for scamming.
Your are right, it is also possible to block access from a particlular network provider, because each provider is assigned a particular range of addresses the paid for.

1 Like

Re: Restoring Sanity In The Politics Forum by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 6:05pm On Aug 15, 2014
The vul.tures are converging
Re: Restoring Sanity In The Politics Forum by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 6:06pm On Aug 15, 2014
He is here already
Re: Restoring Sanity In The Politics Forum by Nctrice(m): 7:20pm On Aug 15, 2014
C0llynz0ii: Network newbies, even when using your phone, your IP changes each time you close your browser and access the site again, they are called dynamic IP addresses. The IP I am using right now to access the site might be what you will use the next time you log in, same with a computer when using a USB modem or wifi
my brov, imagine MTN providing a different IP for each and every one of her customers! SMH!
Re: Restoring Sanity In The Politics Forum by Nctrice(m): 7:33pm On Aug 15, 2014
its better if one or two phone numbers are used in the process of registering, or enforce already registered member to add their phone numbers up! A process that would make them get a confirmation message on either of the provided phone lines... That way everyone would be cautious enough or keeping on buying sim after sim just because of Nairaland!

1 Like

Re: Restoring Sanity In The Politics Forum by koboko69: 7:36pm On Aug 15, 2014
cheesy all this network engineers for NL. Block IP....God knows how many people nor go fit access NL after that.
Re: Restoring Sanity In The Politics Forum by MzJackBaueress(f): 7:37pm On Aug 15, 2014
every nonsense happening on this section should be blamed on Seun and mods. they are doing absolute nothing to bring sanity to this section.

#bringbackourdebates

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Returns To Nigeria.... Claims His Trip Was To Learn From Experienced / Soldier Arrested For Cutting Pastor's Hair / We Are Coming – Boko Haram ‘writes Warning Letter’ To Abuja Barracks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.