Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,339 members, 7,954,390 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:59 PM

I Am Not Proud To Be A Nigerian - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not Proud To Be A Nigerian (1873 Views)

Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... / Why I’m Not Proud To Call Buhari My President — Aribisala / Will You Be Proud to fly Nigerian Colour Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Not Proud To Be A Nigerian by gratiaeo(m): 9:00am On Aug 16, 2014
I'm not proud to be a Nigeria! Nigeria is sick in the as*.
Re: I Am Not Proud To Be A Nigerian by davo3286: 11:50am On Aug 16, 2014
If you are not proud to be Nigerian that means you are not proud of your parents, the family you come from and your culture. If you are not proud to be a Nigerian then which nationality are you proud to be, American? undecided Arrant nonsense! angry Dat so call America wey all of una dey run go to claim citizenship, no be human beings like una build am? I wonder when some Nigerians will be free from this INFERIORITY COMPLEX OF A DISEASE. There is nothing wrong in having dual citizenship, agreed but why not simply and quietly renounce your Nigerian citizenship through the appropriate channel, must you come here to tell us? Nigeria is not yet there as we desire but hey I am and will forever be a Nigerian, a first class citizen for that matter...I am proud to be a Nigerian and I will never fail to defend my citizenship anywhere on the surface of this earth. No matter the number of years you live in a foreign country...if you like disown Nigeria and go spend 100 light years in America with American citizenship, you can NEVER be a first class citizen. You will still be discriminated one way or another. Even the original, so called Black Americans still suffer discrimination and racist attacks till date. If they (the real Black Americans) still suffer this then who are you. #singing# know me when am poor, not when I'm rich...you claim relationship...
Re: I Am Not Proud To Be A Nigerian by DisGuy: 2:30pm On Aug 16, 2014
a country where the Minister of Health wants to try lemon flavoured OTA PIA-PIA on its own citizen!!

Tufia...!!
Re: I Am Not Proud To Be A Nigerian by ElFenomeno1: 2:33pm On Aug 16, 2014
esere826: What does Nigeria represent?

Look
I am not proud of being a Nigerian
if you are, well, that's good for you
as for me, I choose to be pragmatic

But why do I say that am I not "proud to be a Nigerian"
well, it boils down to my interpretation of that phrase
For me, it means that I should take delight in the character of the coutry
or its aspirations

OK
Re: I Am Not Proud To Be A Nigerian by JEITO: 3:31pm On Aug 16, 2014
Omo dis is open season for football, especially epl; let's lay low on all these not proud of Nigeria mumbo-jumbo and enjoy the fun of the EPL....
Re: I Am Not Proud To Be A Nigerian by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 16, 2014
stinggy:

Nigeria is here to stay and together, we'll grow.
Believe me bro cool

unfortunately, you are not explaining how we'll grow together!

The incompatibilty berween the core North and Eastern axis is millions of miles apart!

Two cannot work together except they agree!

Did you see the sharp division at the National Conference?

Bros, Nigeria was created for the sole benefit of slave traders! That is why we dont have a National Ideology!

The existence of Nigeria is a curse to the inhabitants! Blood will continue to flow till one day, it would be all over.

Let me tell you the truth, prepare for the worst against the 2015 elections! The core North want the Presidency at all cost!
Re: I Am Not Proud To Be A Nigerian by ihedinobi2: 7:58pm On Jan 03, 2015
Totally agree. I have fought ridiculous warfares for Nigeria but the truth is that Nigeria's character is not worth fighting for. I love her anyway.

(1) (2) (Reply)

$50 Million Discovered In Guber Aspirant's Account By EFCC- Sahara Reporters / China Has Overtaken America As The World Largest Economy. / Seriously, No One Can Perform This Miracle In 4 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.