Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,553 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

Can Everybody Please Shut Up About The Ebola Victims!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Everybody Please Shut Up About The Ebola Victims!!! (907 Views)

Ebola Victims Arrives Lagos From Sierra Loen, People Scampered. / Indian Doctors Forced To Treat Ebola Victims By FG / SHOCKING PHOTOS: Ebola Victims Dumped In The Streets Of Liberia By Relatives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Everybody Please Shut Up About The Ebola Victims!!! by EvilBrain1(m): 3:16pm On Aug 15, 2014
I'm starting this thread because I'm sick and tired of all the nonsense I've been hearing and reading about the Ebola victims. The general reaction to this outbreak has been appalling! Nigerians have spent so much energy complaining and abusing people and so little trying to make things better. This morning there was a front page thread where people criticized the care victims were getting and abused the volunteer caregivers who are constantly risking their lives and those of their families. Yet none of those hypocrites complaining have lifted a finger to help aside from repeating useless platitudes and saying useless prayers. If you want to help the Ebola victims, then volunteer, wear the spacesuit, enter their rooms and help them. Or you can donate medical equipment to them. Or write them letters of encouragement, or get well soon cards. Or you can educate people to to stop stigmatizing them and their families. Otherwise please shut up.

Second is the way people insist on demonizing the victims. Everybody keeps on abusing the poor nurse who went to Enugu as if she is some kind of witch instead of an innocent victim who got sick and had no motive to endanger anyone. Everyone just swallowed to nonsense statements made by that Labaran Maku clown without question. It is sad that a federal minister can make such a poorly reasoned and factually incorrect statement about someone who is struggling for her life. Maybe when she is strong enough, she'll go on the internet and see the rubbish you people have been saying about her. Then there's Mr. Jonathan himself who shocked the oyimbos by calling the late Liberian at the centre of the outbreak "a madman", despite the fact that he was severely ill and probably delirious when he boarded the flight. And our president made this statement while addressing religious leaders, i.e. the same charlatans who promote the "its not Ebola in Jesus name" type of magical thinking that encourages people to delay treatment thus endangering others.

Then there's the annoying practice of stigmatizing patients families, and the health workers treating Ebola patients. Even health workers who have nothing to do with the Ebola response are being stigmatized. Then when the next victim stays at home and refuses to admit its more than malaria, you'll start abusing them for endangering society when its selfish hypocrites like you who are the danger.

I'm sorry for the long rant, but every time I read Nigerians' comments on Ebola it just pisses me off! It's one thing to refuse to help, its something else to actively make things worse with your bullshít righteous indignation and you useless statements. If you want to offer some useful and tangible help (not useless prayers) then go and help. Volunteer to wear the spacesuit, write a letter, spend some money, send flowers if you like. If you're not willing to help then at least STFU and stop making things worse for them.

6 Likes

Re: Can Everybody Please Shut Up About The Ebola Victims!!! by EvilBrain1(m): 3:35pm On Aug 15, 2014
There's also out useless press that has not only elevated victim bashing to a high art, but also insists on publishing their names and even their pictures. And that's despite knowing that their families will be stigmatized by clueless Nigerians who never bother finding the out the facts before doing talking and acting. The other day, I was disgusted by the was those useless papers went about using a dead woman's picture to make money, its really sad.

This outbreak is really testing my faith in humanity.

1 Like

Re: Can Everybody Please Shut Up About The Ebola Victims!!! by IamforGod: 3:40pm On Aug 15, 2014
Cool stuff .frontpage material. But bro its too long.......I love to read but there are oda topics na thanks
Re: Can Everybody Please Shut Up About The Ebola Victims!!! by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 15, 2014
Do you think your caption is appropriate for what is contained therein or you are now guilty of same offence?
Re: Can Everybody Please Shut Up About The Ebola Victims!!! by EvilBrain1(m): 4:34pm On Aug 15, 2014
Greensaint: Do you think your caption is appropriate for what is contained therein or you are now guilty of same offence?

I'm not guilty of anything because I got involved in the Ebola response as soon as I could. My contributions may be small, but they are real and have made a difference.

And even if I was just another hypocrite, it wouldn't change the fact that most people are making things worse with their utterances instead of helping. This nonsense has to stop!

2 Likes

Re: Can Everybody Please Shut Up About The Ebola Victims!!! by EvilBrain1(m): 5:06pm On Aug 15, 2014
Another issue is the way the federal government keeps promoting charlatans and quacks. First they appointed Maurice Iwu, a well documented fake scientist and certificate forger to a committee meant to find a cure (because that's how the oyimbos found cures to so many diseases, by forming committees!).

And now we're hearing about the Minister of health planning to test some mystery chemical called Nano Silver on the victims. As a doctor, it shocks me that a health minister and a fellow doctor can say something so outrageously stupid at a press conference. The next time someone says that Nigerian doctors are all useless, I'll have no way to argue with them.

And worse than the government actually wasting our money to buy this nonsense from whichever scam artist is selling it is that they actually want to use the surviving victims as guinea pigs. Remember that many of them are also doctors and are hopefully less ignorant than the minister. Imagine how they will feel when they see this news.

Nigeria makes me so sad. No wonder so many doctors are leaving.

3 Likes

Re: Can Everybody Please Shut Up About The Ebola Victims!!! by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 15, 2014
EvilBrain1:

I'm not guilty of anything because I got involved in the Ebola response as soon as I could. My contributions may be small, but they are real and have made a difference.

And even if I was just another hypocrite, it wouldn't change the fact that most people are making things worse with their utterances instead of helping. This nonsense has to stop!
Re: Can Everybody Please Shut Up About The Ebola Victims!!! by MrT2011(m): 8:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
Op may God bless you.

Your love for humanity will certainly pay your Karma debt.

Most Nigerians are really ignorant, demon possessed and evil minded, yet very hypocritical in nature

1 Like

Re: Can Everybody Please Shut Up About The Ebola Victims!!! by goldfish80(m): 10:15pm On Aug 15, 2014
I am shocked to marrows how Nigerians have totally in one accord demonized ebola patients. it's truly astonishing! I got the abuse of my life here on nairaland when I disagreed with the name calling GEJ dished out to the Patrick Sewer guy.
Truth is that none of these innocent people invented ebola or asked to infected.
It seems common sense fly out of the window at the mention of the name ebola.
Re: Can Everybody Please Shut Up About The Ebola Victims!!! by suwailad(f): 10:18pm On Aug 15, 2014
Gej is a drunkard so please dont blame him for that statement. He is a slow-poke and imbecillic in nature.

(1) (Reply)

National ID: Obasanjo, Amosun Register, Call For Inclusion Of Blood Group / Obiano Defies Rain, Takes Jonathan, APGA Support Mission To Grassroots / Why Abacha And Buhari Were Right To Reject IMF And World Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.