Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. (7774 Views)

Army Has Met December Deadline Of Defeating Boko Haram – Lai Mohammed / Sunday Akoji Claims Army Has Found Buhari's certificate / Army Has Buhari’s Academic Records, But Not Original Copies Of His Certificates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Mutuwa(m): 4:11pm On Aug 15, 2014
barcanista: This is one reason i am advocating that Payment of Soldiers should be made by the Ministry of Defence or Finance. The Military hierarchy should focus on other areas.

What do u expect when DEMO CRAZY has opened their eyes to abundance of money which during their regime they had some esteem for.The now ryde in BMW's compared to d days they drove in 504 S.R (dilapidated one for that matter).Their eye don open with money and deep regards for greed. angry

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Philipmems(m): 4:11pm On Aug 15, 2014
Maximum respect to all the families of lost and fighting soldiers wish I could garantee your position in the anal of this countries history... But someday may your names be read out with honor and dignity for the work and ultimate sacrifice you made for the unity of this nation.... Promising it will not be in vain.
Having said that why are Nigerian military administrators acting like a bunch of untrained mediocres under-arming soldiers to go to battle, sending family men on suicide missions, Nigerian soldier are known for gallancy, coordination, effective strategies, warmth, fearlessness in the face of battle, peace keeping but we have just exposed our homeland administrative weakness bunch of @$$π0!€ who never take responsibility for actions or order given. Man I weep for this country, right before your eyes your life taken because you were not ready battle, because the system you where fighting for failed you after giving in your all... Oh oh oh cry cry cry
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Beync(f): 4:11pm On Aug 15, 2014
chucky234: Generals are doing nothing to help the soldiers, FG asked the generals to pay the fighting soldiers N3000 daily but you wont believe they are been paid N500 daily.
my brother just take heart. Those greedy generals will meet their waterloo one day.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by eaglechild: 4:13pm On Aug 15, 2014
May he rest in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by signz: 4:14pm On Aug 15, 2014
chucky234: Generals are doing nothing to help the soldiers, [/b]FG asked the generals to pay the fighting soldiers N3000 daily but you wont believe they are been paid N500 daily[b].

People are wicked. Is there an evil spirit that possesses anyone that occupies an important seat in nigeria or are we just wicked?

If police men tell you how their ogas deduct from their salaries, you'll weep.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by ogb5(m): 4:14pm On Aug 15, 2014
Why will Nigerians engage the Nigerian army in a fight?
Whoever wins the fight, one thing is sure, Nigerians will die in the fight.

Why can't the parents of these boko haram fighters call their children to order and stop this madness. The local elders, councillors, local government chairmen and village heads should be able to call their wards to order and stop the unnecessary waste of human lives going on in the north.

Unless if these local leaders are in support of boko haram
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 15, 2014
C0llynz0ii:
To be honest, I don't expect them to flush out the terrorists with the current defensive tactics they are using, only an all out war will do that. It is also unfortunate that the terrorists kidnapped those girls to use as human shield, I don't know how the military plans to go about that. This thing should have been done long before those girls were kidnapped, but the politicians and the ''genocide accusers'' didn't allow that to happen, see where it has led us.
They might have to choose between 200 girls and tens of thousands of people dying at the end...
I understand your position but I am an optimist here. the Military may have something up their sleeves, only time will reveal. Like you said, If only the Army had been proactive, many incidents would have been avoided. All the Same we should support them. Abi?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 15, 2014
Mutuwa:

What do u expect when DEMO CRAZY has opened their eyes to abundance of money which during their regime they had some esteem for.The now ryde in BMW's compared to d days they drove in 504 S.R (dilapidated one for that matter).Their eye don open with money and deep regards for greed. angry
You are so correct. Our Military Managers are more concerned with gathering wealth, to protect their lives after service. But we shall get there some day.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by HarrveySpecter(m): 4:17pm On Aug 15, 2014
chucky234: He called me some weeks back and was complaining about the poor and inadequate amunition given to them, in Liberia and Sierra Leone was more than enough bullets for them to fight with but here they are given 30 to 60 bullets each day.
The current Commander in Chief, GEJ is not helping the nation, just 45 solidiers engaged 300 insurgents in a fiearce gun battle for 2 whole hours yet no land or air backup.
The soldiers fought till they ran out of bullets yet didnt run away but chose to die, this country is not worth dying for.
From this analysis it's not a mole issue, but the fact that the military is inept, they don't give the amount of support needed. Imagine a senior officer complaining of lack of ammunition!?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by LegatusGlaber(m): 4:19pm On Aug 15, 2014
So sad. May he continue to experience the journey beyond.

When will our Military 'Ogas' stop this feasting on the defense budget? Maybe until we loose all gallant soldiers
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by C0llynz0ii: 4:21pm On Aug 15, 2014
Mutuwa:

What nonsense is this? The military hierarchy has been siphoning millions of dollars long before the advent of democracy, they introduced financial corruption to Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Jakumo(m): 4:23pm On Aug 15, 2014
chucky234: My father who is one of the senior officers attached to the 3 Division of the special force in Damaturu who were ambushed of the 27th day of July.
The soldiers were attacked based on info supplied to them by moles in the army, they were surrounded but decided to fight and die galantly and put up a fierce fight with the insurgents for 2hrs until the were out of amunition and was shot by the insurgents who were more than three hundred in number.
My father gave up the ghost on the 30th of July due to multiple gunshots sustained, until his death he was one of the bravest and finest soldiers to have graced the Nigeria army.
He was due to retire in January 2015 but he chose to fight and die for his fatherland, the master of MPG and heavy weapons.
149 Battalion, 3 Division and the entire Nigeria Army has lost one of its bravest and fearless soldier.
He spent four years fighting in Liberia and three years in Sierra Leone as one of the Nigeria contigents to ECOMOG.
He also spent three years in Bakasi civil war, one year in Ivory Coast, three years in Bayelsa/Warri as part of the JTF to curb militants activities in the Niger Delta.
He spent two years in Borno/Yobe fighting the Boko Haram menace, he was giving a national burial along with other fallen heroes today in Bauchi state..
MAY HIS GENTLE SOUL REST IN PEACE.

Your late father was an incredibly patriotic and brave African warrior, Chuck, and your summary of his tours of duty is at once inspirational, breath-taking and humbling to learn about from the man's own son.

Chuck, you walk tall in the footprints of a great, fighting bull-elephant, who proudly bore the scars of many a battle waged to protect Mother Africa, before taking one final heroic stand against overwhelming odds, giving no quarter to the enemy until he could fight no more. A soldier and rifleman to the very last shot fired.

Nigeria, Africa and the entire free world collectively owe the greatest measure of human gratitude to fallen and surviving protectors of what is right, decent and fair about the human condition. Your father, and all other Nigerian fighting men and women who have made the supreme sacrifice to roll back the invading forces of evil, will be recalled with somber reverence by many, many generations beyond the current one.

With a heavy heart, I bid a fond and immeasurably grateful farewell to a giant and a gladiator, whose feats of combat bravery were revealed to us only today, yet which we appreciate with every living cell of our being.

19 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by signz: 4:33pm On Aug 15, 2014
rollykotex: Come to think of it,is Nigeria really worth dying for?? Just thinking out loud

Just like Jesus died for our sins even though we don't deserve it so can it be likened the job of a military man ( ina lesser way though, as there's no basis for comparison between what Christ did for us and this).

Chucks father and his comrades who've lost their lives in the course of this our fight against insurgency are dead for our sake. They had an option to work in a bank, do business, etc but they chose to fight and die for Nigeria. They're HEROES.

Lets use this medium to ask about our fighter helicopters and super tucanos that have been ordered by the FG. Though I know it will still take some time or months for our fighter pilots to master how to fly those machines in a battle scenario but imagine if we had these helicopters now, it' they would've called for air support and maybe Chucks father would still have been alive now.

FG please hurry up

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Rich4god(m): 4:34pm On Aug 15, 2014
chucky234: He called me some weeks back and was complaining about the poor and inadequate amunition given to them, in Liberia and Sierra Leone was more than enough bullets for them to fight with but here they are given 30 to 60 bullets each day.
The current Commander in Chief, GEJ is not helping the nation, just 45 solidiers engaged 300 insurgents in a fiearce gun battle for 2 whole hours yet no land or air backup.
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by brownlord: 4:36pm On Aug 15, 2014
Rest on gallant soldier

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by hungryboy(m): 4:36pm On Aug 15, 2014
he was a patriot
May his soul rest in peace,
But why are our army commanders so greedy and heartless ?, still cheating on soldiers who risk their lives to fight boko haram
i hope the Fg will look into this , this may be one of the reasons our soldiers are not motivated to fight bokoharam

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by jmaine: 4:43pm On Aug 15, 2014
I feel so pained brother . . . .please accept my condolence.

Your dad was a very brutal warrior , who fought and died on the battle field like a man. Appears, BH has acquired the knowledge of having a constant listening watch stationed somewhere . . . . Their info is always first rated and fool proof . . . .

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Abagworo(m): 4:46pm On Aug 15, 2014
I've been deeply touched by your story and I appeal to you to accept my condolence and have that heart to forgive those whose inaction and incompetence has led to this quagmire. The God in heaven knows best.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by iconize(m): 4:53pm On Aug 15, 2014
@Chucky, I'm deeply touched by your story. Please accept my condolence.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 15, 2014
Meanwhile, it appears the current service chiefs are confused? Or is it just a mere coincidence that Boko Haram attacks increased significantly under their watch?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 15, 2014
The soldiers fought till they ran out of bullets yet didnt run away but chose to die, this country is not worth dying for.
Your father is my HERO. My mentor. Some things these country is not worth dying for. But if we don't put our life's in line of fire. Who will
Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by kokoA(m): 4:56pm On Aug 15, 2014
seaman007: 30 to 60 bullet for each soilder
whc is 30 multiply by 45
Is 1350 bullet

45 trained soldier won't shoot aimlessly
I rest my case
continue to run your mouth like leaking pipe.. How can you compare 1350 bullets to over 300 insurgents multiply by unaccountable number of bullets? Use ur head.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by brownlord: 5:01pm On Aug 15, 2014
Sincere9gerian: Meanwhile, it appears the current service chiefs are confused? Or is it just a mere coincidence that Boko Haram attacks increased significantly under their watch?

How about GEJ tell us who the sponsors are, this alone will cut off financial support of BH and also create problems in their camp?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by chucky234(m): 5:01pm On Aug 15, 2014
Jakumo:

Your late father was an incredibly patriotic and brave African warrior, Chuck, and your summary of his tours of duty is at once inspirational, breath-taking and humbling to learn about from the man's own son.

Chuck, you walk tall in the footprints of a great, fighting bull-elephant, who proudly bore the scars of many a battle waged to protect Mother Africa, before taking one final heroic stand against overwhelming odds, giving no quarter to the enemy until he could fight no more. A soldier and rifleman to the very last shot fired.

Nigeria, Africa and the entire free world collectively owe the greatest measure of human gratitude to fallen and surviving protectors of what is right, decent and fair about the human condition. Your father, and all other Nigerian fighting men and women who have made the supreme sacrifice to roll back the invading forces of evil, will be recalled with somber reverence by many, many generations beyond the current one.

With a heavy heart, I bid a fond and immeasurably grateful farewell to a giant and a gladiator, whose feats of combat bravery were revealed to us only today, yet which we appreciate with every living cell of our being.

With this my heart will be at peace knowing fully well that my father's 34 years plus of selfless service to this once great country is never in vain.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 15, 2014
seaman007: 30 to 60 bullet for each soilder
whc is 30 multiply by 45
Is 1350 bullet

45 trained soldier won't shoot aimlessly
I rest my case
hmmm. Pls don't. Those bullet will not hit there target even when the hit its not a kill shot due to different factors. Am proud of th OP dad. He died for better Nigeria. NB our military service chiefs and defence minister should have resign in sane countries as the are clueless

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 15, 2014
brownlord:

How about GEJ tell us who the sponsors are, this alone will cut off financial support of BH and also create problems in their camp?
What if they dont know Boko Haram sponsors?

Maybe you should read this
How Boko Haram is beating U.S. efforts to choke its financing

Tue, Jul 01 07:24 AM EDT

By Phil Stewart and Lesley Wroughton

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - When Washington imposed sanctions in June 2012 on Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau, he dismissed it as an empty gesture.

Two years later, Shekau’s skepticism appears well founded: his Islamic militant group is now the biggest security threat to Africa's top oil producer, is richer than ever, more violent and its abductions of women and children continue with impunity.

As the United States, Nigeria and others struggle to track and choke off its funding, Reuters interviews with more than a dozen current and former U.S. officials who closely follow Boko Haram provide the most complete picture to date of how the group finances its activities.

Central to the militant group’s approach includes using hard-to-track human couriers to move cash, relying on local funding sources and engaging in only limited financial relationships with other extremists groups. It also has reaped millions from high-profile kidnappings.

"Our suspicions are that they are surviving on very lucrative criminal activities that involve kidnappings," U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs Linda Thomas-Greenfield said in an interview.

More
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0F636920140701?irpc=932
In addition, Boko Haram is an ideology. If for instance, I buy into their ideology, I can decide to set up my own camp with my own resources (with the hope that I am working for Allah) and unleash mayhem in my own locality even without coming in contact with the leader of Boko Haram. If worse comes to worse, I can go it alone, believing that I am earning favour from Allah

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by chucky234(m): 5:07pm On Aug 15, 2014
iconize: @Chucky, I'm deeply touched by your story. Please accept my condolence.
Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by taharqa: 5:08pm On Aug 15, 2014
@Chuki, so so sad about yr lost. So sorri, Bro. May God give you and yr family Strength and fortitude in this difficult times...and may yr dad find peace in heaven befitting the hero he was on earth. Amen..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by EdCure: 5:11pm On Aug 15, 2014
chucky234: Generals are doing nothing..., FG asked the generals to pay the fighting soldiers N3000 daily but you wont believe they are been paid N500 daily.
This is a very grievious situation of reckless abandon.

Its a shame Jonathan cannot overhaul the military. He would rather allow the indisciple and decay to continue because such blind eye is what he has to pay for their partisan loyalty.

A professional, non-partisan military would kick GEJ out.

MY CONDOLENCES! sad

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Gbawe: 5:11pm On Aug 15, 2014
chucky234: Where have you been bro, its been a long time.
My father's spirit will not rest until the boko haram is wiped out, that was his mission.

My brother, I was very busy with some new start-up thing for a while. Back now. We all want Boko Haram wiped out yet I don't think this Government has the sincerity, decency and will to help us achieve that. Your father is a hero who gave his life so we could all be safe and live how we wish to so I will refrain, so as not to upset you, from saying too much on this thread in regards to what I think of the complicity of this government letting down brave men like your father. You yourself touched on some of it so I won't say much. Suffice to say I don't think Boko Haram will be defeated as long as this ultra-failed, self-serving, callous, heinously corrupt and universally maligned government remains in place. Again, take heart and stay strong for others in your family.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by jpphilips(m): 5:11pm On Aug 15, 2014
Sincere9gerian: May God bless his soul.

Meanwhile, how can the military exterminate the moles in its midst? Except that is done, this war may not end soon

Are you asking Nigerians? considering your romance with the presidency, I am surprised

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. by Gbawe: 5:12pm On Aug 15, 2014
Abagworo: I've been deeply touched by your story and I appeal to you to accept my condolence and have that heart to forgive those whose inaction and incompetence has led to this quagmire. The God in heaven knows best.

Well-said bro.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Court Frees Ndume From Terrorism Charges / No Be Today Yoruba Begin Get Headache On Top Igbo Matter - Pics / Why I Will Dump DSTV And Move To TSTV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.