Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,598 members, 7,820,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market (13865 Views)

FG Commissions Nigeria’s First Solar/Wind Power Plant / Tejuosho Ultra Modern Market (pix).... / Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market by jodeci01: 10:26am On Aug 16, 2014
Insufficient car park for this facility- impending traffic mayhem()
Re: Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market by shoboy9: 10:26am On Aug 16, 2014
beautiful plaza!! clap clap. No more cheap goods at yaba. shocked
Re: Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market by veraponpo(m): 10:29am On Aug 16, 2014
Fomaxcool: I've being there ,and the market stands to be richly organized & modern market.
I took sometime to interview people who are doing business along Ojuelegbe most of them said they can't afford it, and many show less or no interest considering the market segment of Surulele.

Government sometime needs to understand patterns before investing huge resources, actually everything about the market is very expensive, and I enjoy the scene whenever I saw mobile police all over the market.

I suggest that the government of lagos should subsidize the payment, besides most people see the market structure as a low turn-out to them since most customers that patronize them need a fast pick up along surulele roads instead of spending extra time entering Tejuosho market which would not easily solve their need. If you've be along Ojuelegbe ,you would understand what I mean.

It is pathetic that we want to eat our cakes and have it at the same time. You want beauty and we are not ready to pay the price.

We want quality education but we are not ready to pay for it.

We truly deserve our leaders. With this kind of reasoning, Nigeria may not grow.
Fashola, you are a good leader.
Re: Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market by tejpot(m): 10:32am On Aug 16, 2014
MRBENZENE: which People now have shops there after they have chased out they previous occupants,
Ghosts
Re: Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market by gratiaeo(m): 10:36am On Aug 16, 2014
How much are they selling shops there? I want to buy.... Nice one
Re: Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market by whitecat007: 10:38am On Aug 16, 2014
Fingers are not equal! Let those who can't afford it get somewhere cheaper or hawk their wares till they can rent.

This market is not built for charity. You can't be asking for development and be using cookie cutter measure at the same time.
dammytosh:

I don't have problem with the commisioning.

I have problem with Government that favours the rich and those who have a little coins.

You won't understand their pain until u assume you are in the University and your Uncle, your sponsor who used to be in that market lose his shop because he can not afford the utlra modern market.

Responsible Government should be for all irrespective of what they are trying to achieve.
Re: Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market by Omooba77: 11:18am On Aug 16, 2014
gratiaeo: How much are they selling shops there? I want to buy.... Nice one

Six million naira only directly from Firstbank
Re: Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market by Omooba77: 11:19am On Aug 16, 2014
veraponpo:

It is pathetic that we want to eat our cakes and have it at the same time. You want beauty and we are not ready to pay the price.

We want quality education but we are not ready to pay for it.

We truly deserve our leaders. With this kind of reasoning, Nigeria may not grow.
Fashola, you are a good leader.
It is not government,it is private ownership and the least shop is N6million naira only

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market by FLYFIRE(m): 11:21am On Aug 16, 2014
olufemi26: Kudos to Fashola on this. I'm really impressed
ITS KUDOS TO FIRST BANK NOT FASHOLA. APC ALWAYS WANTING TO REAP WHERE THEY HAVE NOT SOWED.
Re: Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market by Princek12(m): 11:39am On Aug 16, 2014
First of all I commend Gov. Fashola for a job well done. My issue now is whether or not the construction was well thought out, owing to the fact that this building is launched in 2014, and giving the incompetency and mediocrity of Nigerian leaders and Nigerian-trained professionals.

Was a parking deck that will have sufficient parking for the traders and their customers constructed?
Even if the parking deck was constructed, hope it was not designed in such fashion that it will require you to block another car when you park?
Is there water supply?
Is there a cafeteria or food court?
Is the parking congruent with the flow of traffic? This is important because a traffic gridlock occasioned by the market would dilute any contributions made be the construction of the market.
Is there a plan in place where association fees will be collected from the traders that will be used for the upkeep and maintenance of the market?
Has a trash collection system been instituted?
Are there restrooms/toilets in multiple locations that will be sufficient for the traders and the eventual patrons when the market is at peak capacity?
If any restrooms are there, do they have sufficient urinals (for men restrooms) and toilets (for both men and women restrooms) that will accommodate the traders and patrons when the market is at peak capacity?

These are some of my thoughts. I could go on and on, but these are just the pressing ones that I hope were taken into account when the market was designed. I know that many, if not most, Nigerian-trained architects and engineers are incompetent and are terrible at basic, let alone critical, thinking.
Re: Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market by hensben(m): 11:57am On Aug 16, 2014
Nigerians lets give buhari n fashola a chance to transform this country.

I foresee fashola, buhari, oshiomhole and ribadu as the revolutionaries to this country's negligence.

R.I.P to mrs dr, dora akinwumi, another great potential.
Re: Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market by humble007(m): 2:34pm On Aug 16, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: mumu
YOUR PARPAR
TRUTH HURTS
ARE YOU ONE OF THEM? grin
Re: Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market by lockupman(m): 3:43pm On Aug 16, 2014
Thumps up my ass!...As if its not for their selfish gains

melojames: Thumbs up to Gov. Fashola, one of the best governors of our time, but will the previous traders that where sent packing be able to afford the shops??

God bless Nigeria
Re: Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market by yousouphe(m): 5:50pm On Aug 16, 2014
Aint these people scared of ebola ? See them rubbing body on each other
Re: Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market by belod4me(m): 6:27pm On Aug 16, 2014
THIS GOVERNOR IS JUST TOO MUCH. I LOVE U JOR
Re: Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market by habex005(m): 8:27pm On Aug 16, 2014
this na market abi na museum
anything that is not targeted towards the common man in this country na set up.
Re: Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market by raphy(m): 11:37pm On Aug 16, 2014
Good to see the tejuosho is now so beautiful,I use to work in the market when it was not yet burnt.after school hours I will go there and help some women and put foodstuffs ,provision many things in there car boot ,so I will be able to get transport fare to school.I was in js 3 back then .I don't hv to depend on my Mum for everything.cuz she is a widow they called us basketboys we normally carry basket that we rent inside the Market for #50 ,we will register our Names with d basket number so you will not Still people goods and ran away .Saturday is always a big day for us we can use #50 and make #2000 in a good day.when the market got burnt I went to learn interior designs .I normally goes shopping around that area and all the women selling outside knows me well .this is something I Will never forget in a long Time.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market by raphy(m): 11:40pm On Aug 16, 2014
habex005: this na market abi na museum
anything that is not targeted towards the common man in this country na set up.
oh words undecided
Re: Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market by raphy(m): 11:52pm On Aug 16, 2014
hensben: Nigerians lets give buhari n fashola a chance to transform this country.

I foresee fashola, buhari, oshiomhole and ribadu as the revolutionaries to this country's negligence.

R.I.P to mrs dr, dora akinwumi, another great potential.
undecided[color=#990000][/color] you forsee but thank God you never see these people becomes our president Gej tilll further notice
Re: Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market by Trustgt(m): 2:04am On Aug 17, 2014
jodeci01: Insufficient car park for this facility- impending traffic mayhem()

The mall has a spacious multi-storey car park.
Re: Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 17, 2014
Shame shame; when other sensible countries are commissioning factories and industrial estates, we are still buiding markets to serve as dumping ground for chinese factories.

By the way, can this market be kept constantly clean, cos dirty pigs like born2fuck and his yoloba peoople will be shitting anywhere ðεƔ find themselves on this structure.
Re: Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market by born2boink(m): 9:42am On Aug 17, 2014
mobuch:
Shame shame; when other sensible countries are commissioning factories and industrial estates, we are still buiding markets to serve as dumping ground for chinese factories.

By the way, can this market be kept constantly clean, cos dirty pigs like born2fuck and his yoloba peoople will be shitting anywhere ðεƔ find themselves on this structure.
your on weed bro. You are on weed
Re: Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 17, 2014
born2fuck: your on weed bro. You are on weed

Dirty pig
Re: Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market by mapet: 10:03am On Aug 17, 2014
My brother,

All these your thoughts are simply naive. Either go there or seek information. Everything you've stated is provided in the new Tejuoso market.

Princek12: First of all I commend Gov. Fashola for a job well done. My issue now is whether or not the construction was well thought out, owing to the fact that this building is launched in 2014, and giving the incompetency and mediocrity of Nigerian leaders and Nigerian-trained professionals.

Was a parking deck that will have sufficient parking for the traders and their customers constructed?
Even if the parking deck was constructed, hope it was not designed in such fashion that it will require you to block another car when you park?
Is there water supply?
Is there a cafeteria or food court?
Is the parking congruent with the flow of traffic? This is important because a traffic gridlock occasioned by the market would dilute any contributions made be the construction of the market.
Is there a plan in place where association fees will be collected from the traders that will be used for the upkeep and maintenance of the market?
Has a trash collection system been instituted?
Are there restrooms/toilets in multiple locations that will be sufficient for the traders and the eventual patrons when the market is at peak capacity?
If any restrooms are there, do they have sufficient urinals (for men restrooms) and toilets (for both men and women restrooms) that will accommodate the traders and patrons when the market is at peak capacity?

These are some of my thoughts. I could go on and on, but these are just the pressing ones that I hope were taken into account when the market was designed. I know that many, if not most, Nigerian-trained architects and engineers are incompetent and are terrible at basic, let alone critical, thinking.

Re: Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market by born2boink(m): 10:18am On Aug 17, 2014
mobuch:

Dirty pig
lol...... I know say one day ur brain go matured, he go better, dem dey fight for next compound no concern me in the first place but for you to mention by name, you don pass ur boundary. U bi real kolomental. Make seun osewa ban me for you. I don spend 7 yrs for nairaland so ban me another new ID. I am fearless heart
Re: Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
born2fuck: lol...... I know say one day ur brain go matured, he go better, dem dey fight for next compound no concern me in the first place but for you to mention by name, you don pass ur boundary. U bi real kolomental. Make seun osewa ban me for you. I don spend 7 yrs for nairaland so ban me another new ID. I am fearless heart

Dirty pig
Re: Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market by brushparke(m): 9:32pm On Aug 17, 2014
It took him 7 years to build a market. Even a space ship takes a shorter time.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender / How Much Does An Average Okada Man Earn In A Day / Ecobank Asks FBN To Reject Otudeko’s Share Acquisition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.