Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife (11884 Views)

Poll: Do you like the Good Wife Guide?

Yes: 41% (12 votes)
No: 58% (17 votes)
This poll has ended

My Husband’s Friend Is Wonderful In Bed, But… / Lets Celebrate The Wonderful And Caring Husbands / The Wonderful Achievements Of A 6 Months Old Nairalander (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by BabyJinx: 9:37pm On Oct 24, 2008
@ Doyin13
Oh Doyin, just go ahead and propose already. . . I mean after seeking permission from my husband of course. [img]http://www.buddy-icons.info/content/smileys/yahoo_batting.gif[/img]

@ Leilah
Errr. . .  No offense Leilah but what kind of good Naija wives have you been hanging out with? They allow their husbands to go anywhere in the world? Really? Really they ALLOW their husbands?  I mean. . . it sort of implies they have the choice of . . . not allowing them? My God! What kind of jazz, juju, mojo have these evil wenches used on their husbands? Look, my husband and I are very happy with the way things work for us, thank you very much.

For instance, just this morning I woke up to find a note on my pillow with the words “Going away for the weekend, won’t be back until Tuesday” (The I was dotted with a heart. . . Isn’t that just the cutest?). Honestly, it’s times like these I am so happy my husband makes me have an overnight bag packed and ready to go, so I don’t have to scramble all over the place, trying to get his clothes, shoes and tooth brush  fedexed to him. He is so considerate that way. . . And again, I am not bragging, just trying to show that a good Naija really can get her reward here on earth too and you don’t need no stinky jazz to do it.
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Leilah(f): 9:47pm On Oct 24, 2008
Any good 'real' naija wife will agree to her loving husband travel anywhere regardless as he is such a busy man. Thats so beautiful! wow! he dotted the 'I' with a heart wow you are so blessed with a caring husbnd my dear he even left a note for you that he is going away thats so sweet,  I am also giddy with joy when I think of that. he is a man after all and he went out of his way to dot the 'I'.  May God/the lord reward him. God bless you and your matrimonial home. May Allah/God reward you for your good intentions and patience ameen/amen.  grin
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Leilah(f): 10:07pm On Oct 24, 2008
babyjinx you are so brilliant! wink
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by omoge(f): 10:19pm On Oct 24, 2008
Jinx, ki aure ne? wink Congrat ya uwuna cheesy
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 24, 2008
@ topic

These men are nothing but mouf mouf. They are so utopistic and still wish to find a dummy as a wife who'll only serve them but as soon as the cold reality is thrown at their faces, they'll be the first to hate on those pieces of furniture and look for an ass backer.

how sad!
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by BabyJinx: 11:15pm On Oct 24, 2008
omoge:

Jinx, ki aure ne? wink Congrat ya uwuna cheesy
Aure? Ni. . . Aure? Muji na ya na Hahahahahahaha!

michelin89:

@ topic

These men are nothing but mouth mouth. They are so utopistic and still wish to find a dummy as a wife who'll only serve them but as soon as the cold reality is thrown at their faces, they'll be the first to hate on those pieces of furniture and look for an ass backer.

how sad!

And they get mad because women know that what they want, this is why they are panting all over the place like restless dogs. . . calling names and whatnot. It's like how dare you know we want a dummy? You are supposed to be dumb!

Honestly, jokes aside. . . most women I know don't have a problem doing these things, what they do have a problem with is men DEMANDING it. My Aunt says "I will polish my husband shoes with my tongue because I want to, I will do this because I love him and not because he demands it. Should he demand it, then he can kiss it buh bye" and even though I know she would never really lick anyone's shoes (coz that's the day she gets killed off by moi), I understand her point.

Men just don't get it. . . don't demand she worships and submits to you, trust she will because she is your wife and she loves you. Only idiot, insecure men go around demanding things, they fear they are unworthy of anybody's love, so they use the "Bible Injuction" this and Doctine that to intimidate someone into submission.

Yep, how sad for men. . . well maybe not all because there are a few out there (my brothers tongue) and in here (Biolabee & Doyin to name of few) who get it. There's hope yet!
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by BabyJinx: 11:21pm On Oct 24, 2008
@ Leilah
Awww Shucks

@ All Good Niaja Wive
Sai mun sake saduwa grin grin
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by biolabee(m): 1:28am On Oct 25, 2008
michelin89:

@ topic

These men are nothing but mouth mouth. They are so utopistic and still wish to find a dummy as a wife who'll only serve them but as soon as the cold reality is thrown at their faces, they'll be the first to hate on those pieces of furniture and look for an ass backer.

how sad!

The mich we have come to know and, love?! lipsrsealed

Baby Jinx:

yes, how sad for men. . . well maybe not all because there are a few out there (my brothers tongue) and in here (Biolabee & Doyin to name of few) who get it. There's hope yet!

Thank you Thank you you're far too kind

TGIF was overtight,
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by vescucci(m): 5:00pm On Oct 25, 2008
Baby Jinx:

Honestly, jokes aside. . . most women I know don't have a problem doing these things, what they do have a problem with is men DEMANDING it. My Aunt says "I will polish my husband shoes with my tongue because I want to, I will do this because I love him and not because he demands it. Should he demand it, then he can kiss it buh bye" and even though I know she would never really lick anyone's shoes (because that's the day she gets killed off by moi), I understand her point.

Men just don't get it. . . don't demand she worships and submits to you, trust she will because she is your wife and she loves you. Only idiot, insecure men go around demanding things, they fear they are unworthy of anybody's love, so they use the "Bible Injuction" this and Doctine that to intimidate someone into submission.

yes, how sad for men. . . well maybe not all because there are a few out there (my brothers tongue) and in here (Biolabee & Doyin to name of few) who get it. There's hope yet!

You're going to get people at wits end with this one. Peeps'd be tearing their hair out for so much confusion. Have mercy Sisi.
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by BabyJinx: 5:32pm On Oct 25, 2008
vescucci:

You're going to get people at wits end with this one. Peeps'd be tearing their hair out for so much confusion. Have mercy Sisi.

Oh vesc, I can't do nothin' right with you! grin

Oh No! I forgot to add to the growing list of Enlightened Men. . . Vesc Moi! kiss kiss
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by biolabee(m): 7:20am On Oct 26, 2008
the poll is gettin interesti now 9 - 14.
was 5 - 10 yesterday cheesy
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by BabyJinx: 11:41am On Oct 26, 2008
Aww! Mr. Biolabee, you are back from your weekend off. How was it? I hope like my husband, you enjoyed getting away from the pesky everyday headache that comes from being a man. . . A Naija Man.

I am so happy you are keeping track of the poll because it means someone else is witnessing this great. . . Stupendous event. It is so incredibly jaw dropping, it leaves me speechless and I can say without a doubt, that it is all thanks to the Men. I suspect a lot of women got a stern talking to by the men in their lives, hence the increase in the votes FOR .

Mr. B. . . I hope you don't mind if I called you that, I need your help on something. Normally, I'd take this straight to my husband but like I said earlier, he is away for the weekend and he hates to inconvenience me with phone numbers where I can reach him. He says. . . Oh listen to this, it just the sweetest thing ever. . . He says he doesn't want me worrying my pretty little head with details like that. Tee hee hee. . . He called me pretty.

Oh dear, there I go blathering all over the place like you don't have better things to do than listen to a woman. Okay, this is my issue. . . Remember I wrote earlier that my husband permitted me to keep a blog, well lately I've been getting comments telling me to stop pretending. . . They think I'm a man (like I could be so lucky). It all started when I blogged about the latest advice I gave the foreign wife of our Naija brother.

Before meeting me, someone had told her to invite her husband and his illegal immigrant girlfriend to dinner and that after eating, she should strip naked and show the girl her body. . . You know pointing at her breast, saying this is what our child suckled on, point to her her stretch marked stomach, saying this is the evidence of my hard labor. . . You know like our grandmothers and great grandmothers were advised to do in the olden days. Of course being the foreigner she is, she found the whole idea appalling and she said she wouldn't do it. Once again, she said she was giving up on her marriage. Oh honestly, I've come to hate those words. . . Giving up.

Anyway, I knew I had to be firm so I told her that while I agree with the dinner invitation, I thought the whole idea of her stripping naked was just. . . Ughhh! I mean what's the point right? No one, least of all her husband is interested in her naked body, which is why he's with someone else. . . The same Someone she was lucky to have in her home. I said instead embarrassing herself showing her stretch marked body, she should beg the girl to UnCloth, so she can see what her husband is enjoying, hopefully she would find something she can replicate on hers. I told her how very few people know Insurance cover plastic surgery these days, how surgeries no longer require you to stay over night, so she can go in the morning, get surgery by noon and be home, as a new and improved woman for her husband by dinner. I was all set to get her the list of approved doctors when I started getting the comments calling me a man.

Now, If they had called me a man and left it at that, I wouldn't be confused but they called me Sadistic Man. A Sadistic man? What's that? What sense does it even make? It's like saying a white black or a wet dry or an up down, do you see what I mean? So please I beg of you, help me out on this issue.

Thank you and may the heavens continue to shower all Naija men with intelligence to help the women with their problems.

A good Naija wife.
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by biolabee(m): 1:30pm On Oct 26, 2008
@baby_jinx

I really feel good that i can be consulted personally for advice. you are truly a modern esther who is practicing the principles of the good naija wife.

On the issue of the misplaced identity i think u are very ok. Please keep up the good work. Good Job!

On the issue of ur friend with the man problem its sad that she is being treated that way by herman but i think she should ensure she is economically empowered specially bacuse of the kid. some men are not just worth it. she shdnt commit suicide.
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 26, 2008
biolabee:

The mich we have come to know and, love?! lipsrsealed

I am just being honest. A dummy wife is quite useless these days. A strong woman is what it takes to overcome the challenges we are faced with everyday. Who is going to back you up when you are in need when you wife hasn't even got a head of her own?

They say we are westernized but I won't be the one to be shouting "I'm screwed" by the end of the day!
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by biolabee(m): 6:14pm On Oct 26, 2008
@mich

welcome welcome welcome back cheesy
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by BabyJinx: 5:14pm On Oct 27, 2008
michelin89:

I am just being honest. A dummy wife is quite useless these days. A strong woman is what it takes to overcome the challenges we are faced with everyday. Who is going to back you up when you are in need when  you wife hasn't even got a head of her own?

They say we are westernized but I won't be the one to be shouting "I'm screwed" by the end of the day!

Carry on jare!!!

I was at a bridal shower recently and the older married women were giving advice to the soon the be bride. Being the bride’s maid, I got out my paper and pen and started taking down these wise words. Later when I prepared to transfer them to a gold plated binder, wrapped in sheepskin that I realized under each comment, I had unconsciously written mine.

For instance

Advice 1 - Never let him forget he is a man.
Me -  Wait I thought she was marrying someone with sense or is it some disease which makes him forget what he is?

Advice 2 -  If you have an idea or suggestion. . . Try to get it out there so that at the end of the day, it seems it was his.

Me - oh so she is marry a senseless man, okay that explains why he won’t be able to tell his something was his own original idea or not.

Advice 3 - Always make sure you keep things interesting in the house.
Me - Bring on the clown suit!!!

Advice 3 -  Always make sure he comes home to a cooked meal and clean how. Men love to eat in comfort and it is your duty as a wife to provide this.

Me -  Tee hee hee hee

There is more and they all pretty much circle around the four themes above. . . made for a nice chuckle it did but what really had me going heaven help us was is that after combining all the advice, rules and regulations this is what you get. . .

A wife who does not bend over backwards to please her husband will be blamed if he strays. If she does not make him her one and only priority then, it is quite justifiable for him to look elsewhere. She has to cook, clean, provide endless (and mind-blowing) sex to her husband, maintain the children, and at the same time somehow manage to be pious, obedient, well kept (appearance wise) and keep her opinions, thoughts and ideas to herself. . . and if she doesn't, she has herself to blame if her marriage goes awry.

Hmm.

Okay, why are the calling women human beings? Why not just give us our right title. . . Super Beings?

You know what's even more unbelievable. . . it's all coming from other women.

Tres sad! sad
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by BabyJinx: 12:33am On Oct 31, 2008
Hello Sisters in Marriage,
I am so sorry I have been MIA. I’ve just been a little out of sorts lately. It is because being THE GOOD NAIJA WIFE, I have been shouldering everybody else’s issues . . . like my husband says, it’s why we were born with broader shoulders.

So what has me down on the dumps? Well I just found out through the grapevine that the Foreign Wife of our Naija Brother has left him for good. Even though we didn’t part ways on the best of terms, I was still keeping my fingers crossed for her. I heard she went to see a psychologist like Dr. Phil. . . you know him right, the headshrinker who makes people. . . women believe in all sorts of trash. I’m sorry to say this but I think psychologists are the agents of the devil. They twists people’s minds, make them so warped they can’t think straight. I’ve seen there handiwork up close and personal and it isn’t a pretty sight.

One time A GOOD NAIJA WIFE I know was talked into going to see one by one of the women libbers who think asking your husband money to buy Sanitary Pad is bad.  They claim it is the height of dependency.  What nonsense, right? I know. . . I mean how else will husbands know when Rogue Housewives are using their periods as an excuse not to perform their wifely duties? Sometimes these women libbers scare me with the way they think. Anyway, the GOOD NAIJA WIFE was talked into see a psychologist and that charlatan ruined her life. After just two visits, he had her spouting crap. . . oops, pardon my English, what I mean to say was he had her reciting silly things like

“"Believe in yourself! You are NOT a worthless human being and nobody has the right to treat you as one! You are Beautiful in you own right and you do not need a man to validate you”

I was so shocked! Worthless? What did he mean worthless? I asked her if her husband told her she was worthless and she said no, I asked her if he still allowed her to wash his socks, cook his meals, press his clothes and she said yes to all of that.  So you see why I was confused? It doesn’t end there, no ladies. . . it doesn’t, pretty soon she was strutting around the house, channeling her inner Aretha Franklin, singing R.E.S.P.E.C.T and trying to get her husband to listen to her ideas. . . an absolute NO NO.

The day I knew all was lost was when I went to her house and saw this picture hanging on the kitchen wall

Oh my heavens! I almost passed out from shock. How it applies to her? If not her. . . Then who? I ended our friendship right then and there. I heard she now works in the new Accounting Firm her husband opened just recently. I thought it was nice of him to include her name on the business. They say they a dynamic duo in the Accounting Buisiness. . . mmm okay, I guess everyone is just pretending she is not working but not only that, she is doing it along side her NAIJA HUSBAND. Some other wives think she used voodoo. . . me, I won’t say it but what other explanation can there be?

Well I hope you can see why I am a little down, Psychologists and Psychiatrists are destroying our home and nobody is doing anything about it. So I am using this as a warning and a call to arms to all GOOD NAIJA WIVES, please stay away from Psychologist and be on the look out for women libbers who want to use them as a tool to bring our husbands down to our levels in the guise of equal footing.

May our husbands continue to win the battle over our minds. smiley

Now if you will excuse me, I am going to try to get out of this funk by baking some pies for my husband.

A Good Naija Wife. smiley
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Pap: 12:39am On Oct 31, 2008
lmao
this is degrading to women fo real tho.
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by BabyJinx: 12:40am On Oct 31, 2008
Pappi! How Body. . .?  wink

Degrading ke?
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Pap: 12:46am On Oct 31, 2008
Please what do you do for a living?
I was truly shocked by one of your first posts:
your husband gave you permission to use this as an avenue.
wow!
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by BabyJinx: 12:50am On Oct 31, 2008
Pap:

Please what do you do for a living?
I was truly shocked by one of your first posts:
your husband gave you permission to use this as an avenue.
wow!

Please what is shocking?
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Pap: 12:50am On Oct 31, 2008
WOWOWOWOWWWW!
im reading more and more posts!
so some women still think like this? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
OH MY GAD!
This is some slave trade mentality!!!
SEUN ABEG PUT THIS ON FRONTPAGE OOOOO ABEG!
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by HRhotness(f): 12:51am On Oct 31, 2008
Baby Jinx:

Please what is shocking?

r u still carrying on with this charade?
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by BabyJinx: 12:52am On Oct 31, 2008
Pap:

WOWOWOWOWWWW!
I'm reading more and more posts!
so some women still think like this? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
OH MY GAD!
This is some slave trade mentality!!!
SEUN ABEG PUT THIS ON FRONTPAGE OOOOO ABEG!

I beg your pardon. . . what do you mean slave mentality?  Are you a man?
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by BabyJinx: 12:53am On Oct 31, 2008
HR.hotness:

r u still carrying on with this charade?
It's not me. . . it's people making me carry it on.

Look how this Pappi is hyperventilating!  grin
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Pap: 12:58am On Oct 31, 2008
I saw this thing and shouted JESUS!!literally

ARE YOU REALLY ALIVE??
ARE YOU SURE?

YEEEEEeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

NAIRAAAALAND O!COME AND SEE PISHURE OF GOOD NAIJA WIFE!!!

Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by BabyJinx: 1:02am On Oct 31, 2008
Pap:

I saw this thing and shouted JESUS!!literally

ARE YOU REALLY ALIVE??
ARE YOU SURE?

YEEEEEeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

NAIRAAAALAND O!COME AND SEE PISHURE OF GOOD NAIJA WIFE!!!

Seriously, what's the matter with you? When you were looking for prostitute the other day, I assumed you were a man. What is all this market woman shouting you are doing, here?
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by namun(f): 1:05am On Oct 31, 2008
ah ah, husband giving permission to talk or chat, i guess he probably gives u permission to maintain a job and visit ur parents too. please, if women continue in ur doctrine, then there is no hope in women ever making a headway in life. marriage is a two-way thing not a one -way thing. please stop spreading your outright nonsense on the web. you are making submission look like stupidity, slaveryor outright being a slowpoke withiut any ability to think
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by BabyJinx: 1:09am On Oct 31, 2008
namun:

ah ah, huisban giving permission to talk or chat, io guess he probably gives u permission to maintain a job and visit ur parents too. please, if women continue in ur doctrine, then there is no hope in women ever making a headway in life. marriage is a two-way thing not a one -way thing. please stop spreading your outright nonsense on the web. you are making submission look like stupidity, slaveryor outright being a slowpoke withiut any ability to think

kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Pap: 1:12am On Oct 31, 2008
Please let us all try to help this woman.
I honestly believe she is either beaten by her husband or is being held against her will.
I believe this is a cry for help.
We are here for you.

Baby Jinx
Do you have a career?
I'm being serious please.
The manner in which you log in and log out whenever there is a reply to a post indicates something else is responsible for this behaviour.
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by BabyJinx: 1:14am On Oct 31, 2008
Pap:

Please let us all try to help this woman.
I honestly believe she is either beaten by her husband or is being held against her will.
I believe this is a cry for help.
We are here for you.

Baby Jinx
Do you have a career?
I'm being serious please.

I'm not answering your questions anymore because I think you are trying to mock me.

Good Night, Sir. . . I said Good night.
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by JJYOU: 1:15am On Oct 31, 2008
how come you guys have not read  this was a joke?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Make Your Home More Beautiful With Our "pandemic season" Promo / I Feel Betrayed By My Wife. : What Do I Do? / Is Marriage A Bed Of Roses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.