Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,318 members, 7,819,079 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife (11888 Views)

Poll: Do you like the Good Wife Guide?

Yes: 41% (12 votes)
No: 58% (17 votes)
This poll has ended

My Husband’s Friend Is Wonderful In Bed, But… / Lets Celebrate The Wonderful And Caring Husbands / The Wonderful Achievements Of A 6 Months Old Nairalander (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by biolabee(m): 7:20pm On Oct 21, 2008
ok sauron i think u are getting it wrong
the modern world is not only about crack n heroine but also with things like the internet, more communication,trasport , better opportunities for 'mentally challenged' people, cure for polio,tb,etc, better access to healthcare unlike back in the day when people died like goats or were supposedly killed by the gods!

of course the world is also gettin more evil with corruption, immorality, violence and 'amorality' on the rise but men that is the world
remember the 60s,  the hippie generation. people said it couldnt get better but men,  our parents and us were born and raised but were we correupt? well maybe a little grin

what i said about kids is that they are not for the exhibition of the man like the kids in mary poppins but that fathers should step up and be actively involved in the life of the child like embracing ur child,talking to them and takin them out  not the olden days view that children should not be heard.
that is y some gals get involved too early with guys because of the need for a male figure in their life or some guys are just rebellious because of lack of approval from their dad.

Some widows did raise their kids but how many?
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Sauron1: 7:37pm On Oct 21, 2008
biolabee:

ok sauron i think u are getting it wrong
the modern world is not only about crack n heroine but also with things like the internet, more communication,trasport , better opportunities for 'mentally challenged' people, cure for polio,tb,etc, better access to healthcare unlike back in the day when people died like goats or were supposedly killed by the gods!

The modern world is bollocks. . . . .I will never raise ma kids in this octane-charged environment where drugs, sex and immorality has ripped through all facets of life. If u are not scared of Pedos, u are scared of other sexual deviants who seems to be on the rise these days.
Kids have no morals. . . .They talk back to their parents, teachers and only respect whoever they feel like respecting.
Is that the modern world i should cheer?? What about the days where CANE is the supreme ruler?? Lets bring back the cane n flog these kids.

of course the world is also gettin more evil with corruption, immorality, violence and 'amorality' on the rise but men that is the world
remember the 60s, the hippie generation. people said it couldnt get better but men, our parents and us were born and raised but were we correupt? well maybe a little grin

The moral decadence got worse with the emergence of stupid laws of the human rights, child rights and animal rights.
In anutha few years, cars and houses would have rights and u won't be able to paint your house without the government's approval.
Giving women some sick freedom is what is breaking the average home these days. . . . .Is it not logical??
When a woman knows she is better off on her own and would cop the custodial care of her kids, won't she disrespect her hubby to escape??

what i said about kids is that they are not for the exhibition of the man like the kids in mary poppins but that fathers should step up and be actively involved in the life of the child like embracing ur child,talking to them and takin them out not the olden days view that children should not be heard.
that is y some gals get involved too early with guys because of the need for a male figure in their life or some guys are just rebellious because of lack of approval from their dad.

Look around you and see the decline of the traditional family.
Women don't even stay 3 years before they divorce these days. . . .It's no longer a social stigma.
Care to know why? Because the stupid laws allow them to. A report in Sweden shows that kids living with a single parent were about three times more likely to either kill themselves or end up in the hospital after an attempted suicide by the age of 26 than children living with two parents!!!

Some widows did raise their kids but how many?

Many did successfully as it was easier in those days than now.
Raising a kid in the traditional family unit with the stupid laws these days is tough let alone having a single mother raise a male child.
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by BabyJinx: 7:38pm On Oct 21, 2008
This is the kind of woman I aspire to be like and I pray my husband’s strength gets me there.

This Picture hangs on the wall of my favorite room at home - The Kitchen!

Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by DavidDylan(m): 7:43pm On Oct 21, 2008
Despite the fact that most people obviously don't know this thread is a joke, I totally agree with you on this. Alot of them will deny it(having/having had strained relationships with their fathers) but it's true.

Its true. I'm an example . . . but you learn from it so that when you too have kids you know how to build a meaningful relationship with them.

Parenting is a lot more than just being at home 24/7.
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Gamine(f): 7:44pm On Oct 21, 2008
LOL---

Plus, Hope my teeth are white enough for him

Hope my hair is shiny enough

Hope my eyes look sincere enough
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by BabyJinx: 7:48pm On Oct 21, 2008
biolabee:

dear baby jinx
readin through ur post brings up an imagery of a woman who has no inititiative of her own and in the absence of her man would be useless to herself and even the children.

i believe that the modern Marriage as an institution is a partnership where the woman submits not out of lack of strength but of her own free will and choice and where the man is the head but not a dictator.

in business terms, the man is the chairman/ceo: doing high level stuff but the woman is the COO(chief operating officer) who is responsible for how money is spent, children,inlaws basic daily decisons that guys donot want to get involved in,

undecided

I understand what you are saying. . . at least I think I do, I suppose I’ll be surer after my husband reads through it and tells me what to think. He is resting right now, he’s had a busy day at the office and I don’t want to disturb him with trivial matters such as this.

I hope you are not angry that I am unable to give you a conclusive answer right now. . . I mean I could try but what if it’s opposite of what you say? By your profile, I see you are a man and the last thing I want to do is offend you now when I am trying to get other women to see reason in submitting themselves. . . mind, body and soul to men.

Oh dear! I feel awful for just rambling away. . . you probably have better things to do. Goodness, I am so embarrassed for wasting your time. embarassed

Please accept my apologies sir.

I agree with Doyin's post 1000%! You are a man amongst men. . . thank you!
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Angolobabe(f): 7:48pm On Oct 21, 2008
some of them i agree on but definately not taking off his shoes when he comes home or leting him go out whenever he wants ,partying or having dinners without me,thats licence to cheating.

he cant come home late for dinner without giving me a good reason ,infact he has to inform me in time that he will be home late for lunch or dinner .so that my food doesnt get cold on the table.

plus even if his so busy working he have to help me with the kids and domestic works sometimes especially in the weekeneds when his not working.
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by KarmaMod(f): 7:49pm On Oct 21, 2008
DavidDylan:

Its true. I'm an example . . . but you learn from it so that when you too have kids you know how to build a meaningful relationship with them.

Parenting is a lot more than just being at home 24/7.

The problem is David, some people DONT learn from it and continue in the same cycle.  undecided

Point is dads need to be more attentive to raising the kids and not just leave it to their mother
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by DavidDylan(m): 7:53pm On Oct 21, 2008
KarmaMod:

The problem is David, some people don't learn from it and continue in the same cycle. undecided

Point is dads need to be more attentive to raising the kids and not just leave it to their mother

So many Nigerian men are raised with the idea that they are supposed to be peripheral figures in a child's upbringing. As far as some men are concerned, the role of a father is limited to bellowing at his kids and weilding the cane.
I cant leave the care of my kids to their mother alone . . . i have to be there full time. Even if it is just to back her up when the kids refuse to obey her.
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by HRhotness(f): 7:54pm On Oct 21, 2008
Baby Jinx:

This is the kind of woman I aspire to be like and I pray my husband’s strength gets me there.

This Picture hangs on the wall of my favorite room at home - The Kitchen
!

u r seriously cracking me up. . . lol
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by biolabee(m): 7:54pm On Oct 21, 2008
sauron i think we have moved from women to kids,
i believe in the not sparing the rod too,

the reality is that except u say ull be childless we all have to find ways to raise up kids in this world and bring them up with godly values.

so my question to u is do u really want the woman portrayed in the original post

PS my boys r playing oh we shd win this game grin although i know its prayer all the way
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by DavidDylan(m): 7:55pm On Oct 21, 2008
Angolobabe:

some of them i agree on but definately not taking off his shoes when he comes home or leting him go out whenever he wants ,partying or having dinners without me,thats licence to cheating.

he can't come home late for dinner without giving me a good reason ,infact he has to inform me in time that he will be home late for lunch or dinner .so that my food doesnt get cold on the table.

plus even if his so busy working he have to help me with the kids and domestic works sometimes especially in the weekeneds when his not working.

When you get married, talk to your husband about this issues. Many of you will cry here about the 1001 things men shld do and yet dont have the nerve to ask ur husbands to do so in real life.
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by biolabee(m): 7:57pm On Oct 21, 2008
grin grin grin lmao babe_jinx u crack me up
arsenal 2 0 gunnersssssssssss
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by BabyJinx: 7:58pm On Oct 21, 2008
KarmaMod:

The problem is David, some people don't learn from it and continue in the same cycle.  undecided

Taking off airhead hat for a sec!

Exactly! Can you imagine a man saying he only has to be take of his children. . . as in bath them, make breakfast for them, get them ready for school only when their mother is sick?

My goodness!

What’s even sadder is that some women perpetuate this ridiculous idea, I shared a story about how this Pastor (Mrs) was teaching other women how to basically distance their children from their fathers all in the sake of respecting the man. My sister all most got her behind beaten when she insisted Pastor (Mrs) explain how a man caring for his own child is. . . unmanly!

It’s not funny ooh!
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by tope2000(f): 8:00pm On Oct 21, 2008
Baby Jinx:

This Picture hangs on the wall of my favorite room at home - The Kitchen!

u are so funny grin
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Leilah(f): 8:14pm On Oct 21, 2008
its society that causes societal turmoil not whether or not a wife is submissive.
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Leilah(f): 8:16pm On Oct 21, 2008
thats just how my mother would have been, the picture even reminds me of her! she was really submissive to my dad may the lord have mercy on him. Didn't really get her anywhere though, b'because he ran off with another woman!

i was raised with morals in 'good old catholic' ireland of the 80's and I tell you we dare not answer our elders back. I mean I know plenty of white people who wallop their kids for the slightest reason. Societies are the problem. Do you honestly think Nigeria is better society?

it is and it isnt I suppose.
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by BabyJinx: 8:16pm On Oct 21, 2008
HR.hotness:

u r seriously cracking me up. . . lol

What now? Isn’t that your favorite room in the house too. . . or aren’t you a good Naija woman?  shocked

DavidDylan:

When you get married, talk to your husband about this issues. Many of you will cry here about the 1001 things men shld do and yet don't have the nerve to ask ur husbands to do so in real life.

You are right, the men alone aren't to be blamed for this dysfunctional family dynamics, the women also do their own fair share of dabaruing

biolabee:

grin grin grin lmao babe_jinx u crack me up
arsenal 2 0 gunnersssssssssss

Why, thank you sir! My husband will be pleased to hear this.
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Sauron1: 8:39pm On Oct 21, 2008
Leilah:

its society that causes societal turmoil not whether or not a wife is submissive.

I disagree with you.

The problem starts from the family.
Once there's chaos in the home, it extends outside and it blows over.
What is likely to happen when a kid watches his mum and dad fighting, cussing and fussing everyday??
However, a family where the dad and mum have defined roles and responsibilities. . . .There would be PEACE in the house.
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by BabyJinx: 8:52pm On Oct 21, 2008
Oh Hanni. . . you are so rigid in your beliefs! I love it! kiss kiss
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by HRhotness(f): 9:16pm On Oct 21, 2008
Baby Jinx:

What now? Isn’t that your favorite room in the house too. . . or aren’t you a good Naija woman? shocked

ohh its my fav room in the house, closely followed by the bedroom where i get to serve him with my body grin

I am a good naija woman. . . . in more ways than u can ever know. . lol
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by KarmaMod(f): 9:23pm On Oct 21, 2008
Exactly! Can you imagine a man saying he only has to be take of his children. . . as in bath them, make breakfast for them, get them ready for school only when their mother is sick?

That's Naija for you.
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Sauron1: 9:45pm On Oct 21, 2008
Baby Jinx:

Oh Hanni. . . you are so rigid in your beliefs! I love it! kiss kiss

I have to be rigid. . . . .
These campaign for women's freedom is getting a tad OTT.
Women should stay at home and bake, cook and wash.

biolabee:

sauron i think we have moved from women to kids,
i believe in the not sparing the rod too,

I am chuffed to bits. . . .we both think alike.

so my question to u is do u really want the woman portrayed in the original post

I don't mind that type of woman at all. wink cheesy
As long as she's intelligent and she's NOT an albino and does not carry a hunch on her back!!!
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by tope2000(f): 9:47pm On Oct 21, 2008
~Sauron~:

I have to be rigid. . . . .
These campaign for women's freedom is getting a tad OTT.
Women should stay at home and bake, cook and wash.

excusez-moi angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Sauron1: 9:50pm On Oct 21, 2008
@ tope2000,

Stay at home and bake some cake for me n the kids. . . .
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by biolabee(m): 9:53pm On Oct 21, 2008
~Sauron~:

I don't mind that type of woman at all. wink cheesy
As long as she's intelligent and she's NOT an albino and does not carry a hunch on her back!!!

grin

i know what u mean no man doesnt love to be treated like a king
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by tope2000(f): 9:57pm On Oct 21, 2008
~Sauron~:

@ tope2000,

Stay at home and bake some cake for me n the kids. . . .

Of course i will cook n bake for my family but that doesnt mean i have to stay home all day
i have to have a career too, something i enjoy doing besides cook and clean angry angry
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Sauron1: 10:00pm On Oct 21, 2008
tope2000:

Of course i will cook n bake for my family but that doesnt mean i have to stay home all day
i have to have a career too, something i enjoy doing besides cook and clean angry angry

Don't be mad. . . . . . .
Staying at home protects you from predators. tongue embarassed

biolabee:

grin

i know what u mean no man doesnt love to be treated like a king

U can say that again!!!
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by tope2000(f): 10:06pm On Oct 21, 2008
~Sauron~:

Don't be mad. . . . . . .
Staying at home protects you from predators. tongue embarassed

yeah rite smiley
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by Sauron1: 10:14pm On Oct 21, 2008
tope2000:

yeah rite smiley

You don't want protection??
What kinda wifey are you?
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by tope2000(f): 10:16pm On Oct 21, 2008
What protection and from what
I know i will be a good wifey wink
Re: Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife by LadyT(f): 10:19pm On Oct 21, 2008
LMAO
Baby Jinx  tongue  we shouldnt laugh women like you (cough cough) really exist!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Feel Betrayed By My Wife. : What Do I Do? / Is Marriage A Bed Of Roses? / Make Your Home More Beautiful With Our "pandemic season" Promo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.