Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,248 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

Bamanga Tukur's Son Steps Down For Ribadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bamanga Tukur's Son Steps Down For Ribadu (2765 Views)

Bamanga Tukur Escapes Assassination - The Nation / PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch / PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bamanga Tukur's Son Steps Down For Ribadu by LordVarys: 8:18pm On Aug 16, 2014
The race for governor of Adamawa State has taken a fresh dimension as one of the contenders and son of former national chairman of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, Auwal, has secretly withdrawn from the contest.

But the withdrawal deal, coming on the heels of an understanding brokered by the trio of the principal private secretary to the president, Ambassador Hassan Tukur, the former national chairman of PDP and his brother, Dr Mahmoud Tukur, is to enhance the chances of the former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Nuhu Ribadu, for

the state’s No. 1 job.

The presidential aide and the former anti-corruption czar have a long-standing relation with each other — there were classmates — even as the latter has assured Ribadu he would ensure he got an automatic waiver to cross the hurdle of the PDP’s requirement of two years’ membership of the party.

Besides Auwal Tukur, other aspirants for the governorship seat include former political aide to President Goodluck Jonathan, Ahmed Gulak; Marcus Gundiri, Senator Abubakar Girei, and Ahmed Modibbo.

It was also gathered that the acting governor, Ahmed Umaru Fintiri, is interested in the position.

The decision by Tukur’s son to back down for Ribadu was instigated by a meeting between the chairman of the PDP Board of Trustees, Tony Anenih, and some PDP stakeholders from Adamawa.

At the parley, Anenih who was perceived to be speaking the mind of the president told the state party leaders that any aspirant was open for the contest except aspirants suspected to be backed by former PDP chairman Tukur and former minister of petroleum, Professor Jubril Aminu.

While former health minister Dr Idi Hong is regarded as a political son of Professor Aminu, Auwalu is Bamanga Tukur’s son.

It was gathered that, in a bid to not lose steam in the governorship contest, a meeting was held in Kaduna by Tukur, principal secretary to the president Hassan Tukur and Dr Mahmoud Tukur, brother to the former PDP national chairman.

It was learnt that the decision to root for Ribadu was to block other party bigwigs like Gundiri and Senator Girei and Modibbo who are from the same Adamawa Central senatorial district of the state like the younger Tukur. It is believed that the push for Adamawa Central to produce the next governor of the state could favour Ribadu who is also from the central.

LEADERSHIP learnt that Auwal, who was also at the meeting, was persuaded to make his political structures within the PDP available for Ribadu upon his eventual defection. Auwal is propped to be either Ribadu’s chief of staff or secretary to the state government.

Following the resolution reached at the Kaduna meeting, it was gathered that Hassan Tukur facilitated a meeting between President Jonathan and Ribadu but while the president was not averse to the coming of the former police top shot to PDP, he insisted that there would be a level-playing field for all aspirants. The president was, however, said to have agreed that Ribadu be given a waiver if he crossed over to the PDP.

However, there is intense pressure by some contenders in Adamawa PDP against the entry of Ribadu into the party as they fear that the process of his entrance into the party would threaten their chances.

It was gathered that their grouse is on moral grounds as, according to them, it is wrong for the presidency and the PDP to ask him to join the party and run for the top office under the party’s platform.

“It is going to be very unfair and unjust for the leadership of the PDP and even those at the Presidency to undertake this kind of huge joke; I call it ‘huge joke’ because it is unthinkable that someone like Ribadu who denigrated our party on a higher scale would be given that kind of treatment to the disadvantage of others, if it is true,” one of the aspirants told LEADERSHIP.

Ribadu neither denied nor confirmed the story. His media aide, Abdulaziz Fagge, referred LEADERSHIP to Auwal for comments.

“I am not privy to that and the person who is said to have stepped down should be the one to confirm or deny it. You should also know that Nuhu Ribadu is still a member of the APC. “But if it happens that some people are urging others to step down for him, it shows Ribadu’s acceptability among the people,” he said in a text message to LEADERSHIP over the matter.
http://leadership.ng/news/380734/adamawa-governorship-tukurs-son-withdraws-ribadu

2 Likes

Re: Bamanga Tukur's Son Steps Down For Ribadu by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 16, 2014
Lol, Now it gets more interesting and intriguing.....i love Nigerian politics..go Ribadu cool grin.....Auwal would have been Ribadu's strongest opponent at the primaries

3 Likes

Re: Bamanga Tukur's Son Steps Down For Ribadu by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 16, 2014
If true then Ribadu has won already, Tukur was the strongest opponent, maybe Hong and Marwa too....

1 Like

Re: Bamanga Tukur's Son Steps Down For Ribadu by Nctrice(m): 8:29pm On Aug 16, 2014
Am not surprised... Nigerian Politics and Politicians still the same since 1960
Re: Bamanga Tukur's Son Steps Down For Ribadu by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 16, 2014
can someone please clarify, how many tukur are there in Jonathan's govt

1 Like

Re: Bamanga Tukur's Son Steps Down For Ribadu by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 16, 2014
SenseiX: If true then Ribadu has won already, Tukur was the strongest opponent, maybe Hong and Marwa too....
my friend if true, APC will win!!!! Don't forget the powe® of Atiku and protest votes frm aggrieved pdp aspirants cheesy
Re: Bamanga Tukur's Son Steps Down For Ribadu by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 16, 2014
barcanista: my friend if true, APC will win!!!! Don't forget the powe® of Atiku and protest votes frm aggrieved pdp aspirants cheesy
lol adamawa is not osun, its totally PDP, once Ribadu has Tukur's backing he would win. The man who would fly the apc ticket is boss Mustapha who is too much of an unknown quantity, also concessions will be made to the other aspirants, senate seats et al,also thanks to nyako APC is well hated on Adamawa, nyako owed civil servants for nearly a year, PDP's acting gov paid all the salaries, Adamawa is too strongly PDP for the APC to have even a chance.
Whoever the PDP fields would win in a landslide

7 Likes

Re: Bamanga Tukur's Son Steps Down For Ribadu by Brimmie(m): 8:40pm On Aug 16, 2014
Re: Bamanga Tukur's Son Steps Down For Ribadu by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 16, 2014
aanumama: can someone please clarify, how many tukur are there in Jonathan's govt
Lol. There's Hassan Tukur, Principal Private Secretary To The President who is reputed to be GEJ's most trusted confidant and Bamanga Tukur Ex PDP National Chairman
Re: Bamanga Tukur's Son Steps Down For Ribadu by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 16, 2014
barcanista: my friend if true, APC will win!!!! Don't forget the powe® of Atiku and protest votes frm aggrieved pdp aspirants cheesy

Anyone who beleives APC will win in adamawa must be politically naïve!!!

4 Likes

Re: Bamanga Tukur's Son Steps Down For Ribadu by Tolexander: 9:04pm On Aug 16, 2014
The decision by Tukur’s son to
back down for Ribadu was
instigated by a meeting
between the chairman of the
PDP Board of Trustees, Tony
Anenih, and some PDP
stakeholders from Adamawa.
Tukur's son must have been promised a political post to have stepped down. Probably a ministerial.
Re: Bamanga Tukur's Son Steps Down For Ribadu by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 16, 2014
SenseiX:
lol adamawa is not osun, its totally PDP, once Ribadu has Tukur's backing he would win. The man who would fly the apc ticket is boss Mustapha who is too much of an unknown quantity, also concessions will be made to the other aspirants, senate seats et al,also thanks to nyako APC is well hated on Adamawa, nyako owed civil servants for nearly a year, PDP's acting gov paid all the salaries, Adamawa is too strongly PDP for the APC to have even a chance.
Whoever the PDP fields would win in a landslide

Well I understand hw nyako dÉstroyed APC wt his insistence on havÍng his Son to succeed him. I heard he performÉd woefully...

1 Like

Re: Bamanga Tukur's Son Steps Down For Ribadu by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 16, 2014
barcanista: Well I understand hw nyako dÉstroyed APC wt his insistence on havÍng his Son to succeed him. I heard he performÉd woefully...
he was probably the worst governor ever, even in the governor's office, when he wanted to use the restroom a bucket of water had to be brought, that's how bad he was, he siphoned billions through a special projects directorate headed by his son and each of his 4 wives received 50 million monthly for their pet projects, to think he was a 'progressive'

2 Likes

Re: Bamanga Tukur's Son Steps Down For Ribadu by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 16, 2014
SenseiX:
he was probably the worst governor ever, even in the governor's office, when he wanted to use the restroom a bucket of water had to be brought, that's how bad he was, he siphoned billions through a special projects directorate headed by his son and each of his 4 wives received 50 million monthly for their pet projects, to think he was a 'progressive'
the APC should have called him to Órder. If what yu said is true then its a big shame

1 Like

Re: Bamanga Tukur's Son Steps Down For Ribadu by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 16, 2014
barcanista: the APC should have called him to Órder. If what yu said is true then its a big shame
the APC didn't care, they just want any riffraff to join them as long as he has a grouse with GEJ,nyako who owed Adamawa workers for 9 months, a spineless unpopular governor with no political value, yet apc chased Marwa and gundiri from the party so that nyako would come in, these are guys who would have had a good chance at winning, Gundiri almost beat Nyako in the rerun in 2012. Now Gundiri is in the PDP and his godfather Boni Haruna is GEJ's minister of youth

1 Like

Re: Bamanga Tukur's Son Steps Down For Ribadu by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 16, 2014
SenseiX:
the APC didn't care, they just want any riffraff to join them as long as he has a grouse with GEJ,nyako who owed Adamawa workers for 9 months, a spineless unpopular governor with no political value, yet apc chased Marwa and gundiri from the party so that nyako would come in, these are guys who would have had a good chance at winning, Gundiri almost beat Nyako in the rerun in 2012. Now Gundiri is in the PDP and his godfather Boni Haruna is GEJ's minister of youth
Honestly, I wasn't happy with the event that led to the exit of Shekarau, Gundiri and others that worked hard for the emergence of APC. Especially Shekarau! The APC leadership should have handled the situation more maturedly. For instance I so love Ibrahim Shekarau and also I admire Rabiu Kwankwaso. I expected APC elders to find a common ground for both men rather than gv the Gov prefrential treatment when Shekarau has been loyal since his APP days. I hope APC get their acts right in the congre§ses and conveÑtion. I am an Apostle of fairness, APC shd also av scolded Ñyako-but military men are just too stubbo®n. Haruna used to be Atiku's boy(and still is) Ít wl be tough fo® APC o
Re: Bamanga Tukur's Son Steps Down For Ribadu by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 16, 2014
barcanista: Honestly, I wasn't happy with the event that led to the exit of Shekarau, Gundiri and others that worked hard for the emergence of APC. Especially Shekarau! The APC leadership should have handled the situation more maturedly. For instance I so love Ibrahim Shekarau and also I admire Rabiu Kwankwaso. I expected APC elders to find a common ground for both men rather than gv the Gov prefrential treatment when Shekarau has been loyal since his APP days. I hope APC get their acts right in the congre§ses and conveÑtion. I am an Apostle of fairness, APC shd also av scolded Ñyako-but military men are just too stubbo®n. Haruna used to be Atiku's boy(and still is) Ít wl be tough fo® APC o
Indeed Haruna used to be Atiku's boy but times and interests have changed, he is a PDP minister now and would be gunning for a senate seat next year on the PDP'S platform, I'm confident that whoever emerges the candidate notwithstanding the PDP will easily win Adamawa, I hope nyako faces justice also for looting Adamawa dry.

1 Like

Re: Bamanga Tukur's Son Steps Down For Ribadu by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 16, 2014
SenseiX:
Indeed Haruna used to be Atiku's boy but times and interests have changed, he is a PDP minister now and would be gunning for a senate seat next year on the PDP'S platform, I'm confident that whoever emerges the candidate notwithstanding the PDP will easily win Adamawa, I hope nyako faces justice also for looting Adamawa dry.
what is the political strength of Atiku?
Re: Bamanga Tukur's Son Steps Down For Ribadu by Validated: 9:54pm On Aug 16, 2014
barcanista: Honestly, I wasn't happy with the event that led to the exit of Shekarau, Gundiri and others that worked hard for the emergence of APC. Especially Shekarau! The APC leadership should have handled the situation more maturedly. For instance I so love Ibrahim Shekarau and also I admire Rabiu Kwankwaso. I expected APC elders to find a common ground for both men rather than gv the Gov prefrential treatment when Shekarau has been loyal since his APP days. I hope APC get their acts right in the congre§ses and conveÑtion. I am an Apostle of fairness, APC shd also av scolded Ñyako-but military men are just too stubbo®n. Haruna used to be Atiku's boy(and still is) Ít wl be tough fo® APC o

PDP schooling APC since ... Surely, PDP will whoop APC's a$$ again in 2015 as valentine's gift. Waiting to enjoy the tears and cries of Lai Mhd and APC e-warriors.

1 Like

Re: Bamanga Tukur's Son Steps Down For Ribadu by Nobody: 5:24am On Aug 17, 2014
emk4lif:
Lol. There's Hassan Tukur, Principal Private Secretary To The President who is reputed to be GEJ's most trusted confidant and Bamanga Tukur Ex PDP National Chairman
Thanks!
Re: Bamanga Tukur's Son Steps Down For Ribadu by size38: 6:54am On Aug 17, 2014
Make una wait ooo! Which of Tukur's son are they talking about here? Is it the one that was involved in oil subsidy fraud or who? Chai! There is God oo!. While the youths are on NL and other social media quarreling themselves everyday, our leaders, their children and relations are busy positioning themselves for Juicy political offices and positions.
Re: Bamanga Tukur's Son Steps Down For Ribadu by egbaguy: 6:54am On Aug 17, 2014
Nyako is a bad market for apc in adamawa.....the man is one old fool,a failure per excellent. He fought everyone in adamawa......to make matter worst,he performed woefully. Dude has four wives,all four are first ladies,still he carries small small girls. The man is just too dull. Ao he managed to become a naval chief is shocking. Apc had no choice than accept him den..........
Re: Bamanga Tukur's Son Steps Down For Ribadu by CyberWolf: 7:10am On Aug 17, 2014
All you APC e-warriors are hypocrites..when nyako was castigating the president, you all were cheering him..now that his asss has been spanked , you all started saying he was a disaster to APC...in 2015, oga eme unu vum na anya...
Re: Bamanga Tukur's Son Steps Down For Ribadu by Nobody: 7:14am On Aug 17, 2014
Ribadu sold his soul cry

Re: Bamanga Tukur's Son Steps Down For Ribadu by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 17, 2014
egbaguy: Nyako is a bad market for apc in adamawa.....the man is one old fool,a failure per excellent. He fought everyone in adamawa......to make matter worst,he performed woefully. Dude has four wives,all four are first ladies,still he carries small small girls. The man is just too dull. Ao he managed to become a naval chief is shocking. Apc had no choice than accept him den..........

What is shocking about his becoming a Naval Chief?

You have not heard that In Nigeria, a child that scored 69% in an entrance exam was denied admission, while the one that scored 1% was offered the same addmission?

Honestly bros, I am so shocked that you are shocked!
Re: Bamanga Tukur's Son Steps Down For Ribadu by otipoju(m): 9:03am On Aug 17, 2014
[quote author=makeitsoon]Ribadu sold his soul cry

Where were you when APC betrayed him and told its members to vote for Jonathanth.

(1) (Reply)

President GEJ Fake Act Busted!!!! / What Lord Lugard Said About The Amalgamation Of North And South In Nigeria. / Rochas Okorocha, The First Igbo Politician To Meet US President Obama (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.