Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

Help Needed On Divorce Procedure - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help Needed On Divorce Procedure (2463 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / Pastor Chris' Daughter Rejects Him, Supports Mums On Divorce / What Are Your Views On Divorce? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed On Divorce Procedure by gaby(m): 10:51pm On Aug 16, 2014
Please house I'd like to know the process involved in marriage dissolution.must the procedure be initiated from the state the marriage was contracted and what are the required documents needed if any.

Its urgent please and thanks for the anticipated help.
Re: Help Needed On Divorce Procedure by sexybash(f): 11:04pm On Aug 16, 2014
i dont think so
get a lawyer to draft an agreement between the two couples which would be signed
then the divorce process can begin from there its easier if the marriage is more than 2 years
but not that the judge will try to reconcile if everything fails then the divorce will be granted
life sometimes happen to us
all the best grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Help Needed On Divorce Procedure by Dreal1247: 12:15am On Aug 17, 2014
Have the couple tried everything possible to reconcile and failed? Though when divorce is first initiated, it seems the best option. But most couples live to regret the note. I wish you the gest all the way.
Re: Help Needed On Divorce Procedure by aljharem(m): 3:05am On Aug 17, 2014
Are you the man that your wife named your first son after an ex ?

https://www.nairaland.com/1858497/first-son-named-after-wifes

If yes, then you are doing the right thing.

To divorce, get your marriage certificate first and get a Lawyer

The Lawyer will sort out the rest. grin grin
Re: Help Needed On Divorce Procedure by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 17, 2014
The poster above me is a clown grin

1 Like

Re: Help Needed On Divorce Procedure by gaby(m): 11:47am On Aug 17, 2014
sexybash: i dont think so
get a lawyer to draft an agreement between the two couples which would be signed
then the divorce process can begin from there its easier if the marriage is more than 2 years
but not that the judge will try to reconcile if everything fails then the divorce will be granted
life sometimes happen to us
all the best grin grin grin grin grin
Thanks sexybash for your input.whilst marriage is over 2 years old I'm however not sure the other party will agree to the agreement stuff not because the marriage is still salvageable but just to frustrate my moving on.
@Dreal
The marriage is gone beyond reparable and divorce is in the best interest of both parties in my opinion.

@aljharem
Naa I'm not the same guy and thanks for your advice.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed On Divorce Procedure by Tvegas(m): 12:57pm On Aug 17, 2014
OP nothing is irreparable if both of you can see reason. Remembered you once called each other sweetheart. You can talk to a lawyer to put you through if divorce is the best option
Re: Help Needed On Divorce Procedure by gaby(m): 2:45pm On Aug 17, 2014
@Tvegas
Thanks for your input but believe me some issues are best left irreparable , most especially some relationships.To hell with sentiments and what people would say its life and ones sanity first always.

3 Likes

Re: Help Needed On Divorce Procedure by Amhappy(f): 3:08pm On Aug 17, 2014
For Divorce proceeding get a lawyer. But why not start with separation first. 2yrs is too soon.
Re: Help Needed On Divorce Procedure by gaby(m): 5:27pm On Aug 17, 2014
Amhappy: For Divorce proceeding get a lawyer. But why not start with separation first. 2yrs is too soon.
Amhappy: For Divorce proceeding get a lawyer. But why not start with separation first. 2yrs is too soon.

Been seperated for a year plus now. Been together for 9 years and been married for 6 years.
Thanks will find a family lawyer to advise me.
Re: Help Needed On Divorce Procedure by amaprincess(f): 6:06pm On Aug 17, 2014
Re: Help Needed On Divorce Procedure by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 17, 2014
gaby:

Been seperated for a year plus now. Been together for 9 years and been married for 6 years.
Thanks will find a family lawyer to advise me.
so during this separation period, you hv never missed your wife or had any urge to contact her? Likewise your wife?
Re: Help Needed On Divorce Procedure by gaby(m): 7:18pm On Aug 17, 2014
amaprincess: @op for 9yrs? am sure you have children? is divorce really the solution. there is no perfect woman anywhere, should you're thinking of divorcing this present one for the perfect one.
Am sure if you both put your mind together, you can make your marriage work again even if it's on contract.
Thank you Sir.

No kids involved thanks
Re: Help Needed On Divorce Procedure by gaby(m): 7:20pm On Aug 17, 2014
MarvellousGod: so during this separation period, you hv never missed your wife or had any urge to contact her? Likewise your wife?

Miss and urge to contact ke? When man dey try save him life.

2 Likes

Re: Help Needed On Divorce Procedure by sexybash(f): 7:27pm On Aug 17, 2014
Lol at urge
If you don't feel safe
Just opt for the aforementioned smiley. You only live once
There is always someone that will treat you right
Just believe sad

3 Likes

Re: Help Needed On Divorce Procedure by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 17, 2014
gaby:

oohh sorry. ..this one has gone quite beyond repair. .I think you're doing the right thing
Re: Help Needed On Divorce Procedure by gaby(m): 8:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
Yes o very well beyond repair. The only possible repair is divorce!
Re: Help Needed On Divorce Procedure by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 17, 2014
gaby:

Gaby, this part got me LOL I don't mean to be insensitive to your plight I just couldn't help LOL. What do you mean by the last part and I quote '' When man dey try save him life.''

Is your life in danger from your spouse? I don't know what the issues are but 6 years of marriage no be beans ooo, Can't you honestly work things out? The path of least resistance can be very easy to take when we don't want to fight any longer.
Re: Help Needed On Divorce Procedure by gaby(m): 11:27pm On Aug 17, 2014
@sihom
I understand how funny it comes across but in my dialect there's a saying that its better to be wifeless than have one you'd be scared to go home to.Hope you understand!
Re: Help Needed On Divorce Procedure by i1: 4:34am On Aug 19, 2014
Mr Gaby pls call 08093779782. I will give u tips.
please ensure u can prove the 1 year seperation and a copy of the marriage certificate is with you.
you need to petition the court.

2 Likes

Re: Help Needed On Divorce Procedure by gaby(m): 5:44am On Aug 19, 2014
i1: Mr Gaby pls call 08093779782. I will give u tips.
please ensure u can prove the 1 year seperation and a copy of the marriage certificate is with you.
you need to petition the court.

Thanks so very much. Will definitely call you up. Do I need to prove the seperation in paper work form or how?
Re: Help Needed On Divorce Procedure by gaby(m): 6:04am On Aug 19, 2014
@i1 my email addy is ...can't access the message you sent on nl.
Re: Help Needed On Divorce Procedure by ShirelleBaby: 9:18am On Aug 19, 2014
If only u and ur wife can sit and ask urselves truthfully---WHAT WENT WRONG?Gaby,I wish u all the best and I pray both of you don't go extreme for ur different desires!
Re: Help Needed On Divorce Procedure by MadCow1: 9:24am On Aug 19, 2014
Dear OP..

In order to get a divorce, you need to establish grounds for the divorce like;

1. Impotence
2. Infidelity
3. Physical and Mental abuse
4. The marriage has never been consumated.

To begin the proceedings, get your certificate and go to the High court in your state of abode. Marriage is a Federal institution and isnt limited by jurisdiction. When there, go to their admin office and get help.

Note that the divorce would take some time as the judge would try to first resolve the issues before granting a divorce. You can also sue for 'maintainance' for both you and your child/ren if any.

Make sure you get legal counsel from a good lawyer first.
Re: Help Needed On Divorce Procedure by chibwike(m): 9:32am On Aug 19, 2014
MadCow1: Dear OP..

In order to get a divorce, you need to establish grounds for the divorce like;

1. Impotence
2. Infidelity
3. Physical and Mental abuse
4. The marriage has never been consumated.

To begin the proceedings, get your certificate and go to the High court in your state of abode. Marriage is a Federal institution and isnt limited by jurisdiction. When there, go to their admin office and get help.

Note that the divorce would take some time as the judge would try to first resolve the issues before granting a divorce. You can also sue for 'maintainance' for both you and your child/ren if any.

Make sure you get legal counsel from a good lawyer first.
longest tym
Re: Help Needed On Divorce Procedure by MadCow1: 9:44am On Aug 19, 2014
chibwike: longest tym

No mind these foolish mods.. angry

Hw na?

1 Like

Re: Help Needed On Divorce Procedure by chibwike(m): 9:53am On Aug 19, 2014
MadCow1:

No mind these foolish mods.. angry

Hw na?
am fine oh...u knw am ur number one fan...why did they ban you nw..and who is dat mod.
Re: Help Needed On Divorce Procedure by MadCow1: 10:05am On Aug 19, 2014
chibwike: am fine oh...u knw am ur number one fan...why did they ban you nw..and who is dat mod.

No mind those Pharisees.. grin

A Fan huh?! My guy, thanks alot o! I flatter pass flat tyre. grin

Nice to meet you bro..

1 Like

Re: Help Needed On Divorce Procedure by maborukoje(f): 10:41am On Aug 19, 2014
Ummm
Re: Help Needed On Divorce Procedure by gaby(m): 6:46pm On Aug 19, 2014
@ madcow very insightful will do as you highlighted.

@shirellebaby

Many thanks
Re: Help Needed On Divorce Procedure by gaby(m): 6:49pm On Aug 19, 2014
maborukoje: Ummm

@ maborukoje

Why the hmm na..say your bit to save a brother fa
Re: Help Needed On Divorce Procedure by khiaa(f): 10:31am On Jan 03, 2015
rufdyamond grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Mustapha Audu Tells His Story,says I am not a rapist! / Can You Market These Newly 10 Innovative Fast Moving Products In Your State ? / What Do You Do To Spice Up A Long Distance Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.