Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,469 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

What Do You Do To Spice Up A Long Distance Relationship? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Do To Spice Up A Long Distance Relationship? (2481 Views)

Hilarious Family Memes To Spice Up Your Day / Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended / Long Distance Marriage And Trying to conceive a baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Do To Spice Up A Long Distance Relationship? by LazyAF: 9:53pm On Mar 21, 2017
Good Evening,

I decided to post this here because I need matured advice.

We have been dating long distance for about 4 years now and somehow, the spark isn't as it used to be.

My job is really tasking and so is his thats why we only get to talk at night and most times, one of us is usually asleep when the other person is ready to talk.

I feel it slipping from my hands and need your advice on what to do to make this work again.

cry cry cry
Re: What Do You Do To Spice Up A Long Distance Relationship? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 21, 2017
It takes great effort to keep a distance relationship going. There must be committed efforts to see that is really works out if you truly love and value your partner.

To keep the spark going there should be creativity, create out time to talk with your partner, ensure there is physical contacts by visiting your partner once in awhile.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do To Spice Up A Long Distance Relationship? by Flexherbal(m): 10:04pm On Mar 21, 2017
Communication is the key.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do To Spice Up A Long Distance Relationship? by LazyAF: 10:06pm On Mar 21, 2017
Dextology:
It takes great effort to keep a distance relationship going. There must be committed efforts to see that is really works out if you truly love and value your partner.

To keep the spark going there should be creativity, create out time to talk with your partner, ensure there is physical contacts by visiting your partner once in awhile.

Thanks for your contribution.

Creativity is the one thing I am trying achieve. Do you have any ideas?
Re: What Do You Do To Spice Up A Long Distance Relationship? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 21, 2017
LazyAF:

Thanks for your contribution.

Creativity is the one thing I am trying achieve. Do you have any ideas?

I was in that dilemma when I was involved in a distance relationship, have to check various means to keep the spark going.

For a start how long have you been in the relationship?
Re: What Do You Do To Spice Up A Long Distance Relationship? by ikbnice(m): 10:23pm On Mar 21, 2017
Maje calls like you own MTN anf Goo combined. Communication is the key.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do To Spice Up A Long Distance Relationship? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 21, 2017
Try as much as you can to create time for both of you.

and when you get that time, discuss important things to strengthen and sustain your relationship.

During any short break at work, drop a text for him. make a short quick video and send to him.

If possible, fly over and spend the weekend with him.
Re: What Do You Do To Spice Up A Long Distance Relationship? by LazyAF: 11:05pm On Mar 21, 2017
Joavid:

and when you get that time, discuss important things to strengthen and sustain your relationship.

During any short break at work, drop a text for him. make a short quick video and send to him.

I wish I could. I stay with my parents cry

Dem no wan hear say you go see man... angry
Re: What Do You Do To Spice Up A Long Distance Relationship? by LazyAF: 11:08pm On Mar 21, 2017
Re: What Do You Do To Spice Up A Long Distance Relationship? by LazyAF: 11:11pm On Mar 21, 2017
Flexherbal:
Communication is the key.

The communication is dwindling everyday.

What do I do?
Re: What Do You Do To Spice Up A Long Distance Relationship? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Mar 21, 2017
I can see a simple solution and some people are busy blowing grammar

get a part time boyfriend and save yourself some stress
Re: What Do You Do To Spice Up A Long Distance Relationship? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 21, 2017
LazyAF:

I wish I could. I stay with my parents cry
Dem no wan hear say you go see man... angry
you be small pikin
can't u give them one strong excuse?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do To Spice Up A Long Distance Relationship? by LazyAF: 11:16pm On Mar 21, 2017
sasko:
I can see a simple solution and some people are busy blowing grammar

get a part time boyfriend and save yourself some stress

I no get power to keep one, so na two I go come dey do as once Abeg o.

No strength for that.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do To Spice Up A Long Distance Relationship? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Mar 21, 2017
Joavid:

fly as in....

you forgot you are taking to a lady and not a bird or a witch

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Do To Spice Up A Long Distance Relationship? by LazyAF: 11:18pm On Mar 21, 2017
Joavid:

you be small pikin

can't u give them one strong excuse?

I have ran out of STRONG EXCUSES.

Try giving excuses for 4 years and see where that would land you.

I just want an idea of what to do to bring back the spark.

sad cry

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do To Spice Up A Long Distance Relationship? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 21, 2017
LazyAF:

I no get power to keep one, so na two I go come dey do as once Abeg o.

No strength for that.

forget the tory....hee don tey way nyash they for back, make we hear words jorr..

even in corporate world you must find a way to hold body but just be smart about it...just don't get caught

if you can vouch for the very guy you can also believe Buhari will return dollar to Naira to its former price

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do To Spice Up A Long Distance Relationship? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Mar 21, 2017
LazyAF:

I have ran out of STRONG EXCUSES.
Try giving excuses for 4 years and see where that would land you.
I just want an idea of what to do to bring back the spark.
sad cry
eleyi gidi gan undecided
Re: What Do You Do To Spice Up A Long Distance Relationship? by Flexherbal(m): 6:10am On Mar 22, 2017
LazyAF:

What do I do?

Make out time to go and see him.

Hope this distance and work will not also be a challenge in marriage!
Re: What Do You Do To Spice Up A Long Distance Relationship? by Nobody: 6:21am On Mar 22, 2017
Sorry,i dont bliv in d long distance ish.its either you are in a relationship with someone you can be with whenever you want,or you are single.who has time to be wasting on calls when the other person is surely flexing. Abi no be man again??no go kill yasef when you dey find sparks for person wey get fire wia im dey.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do To Spice Up A Long Distance Relationship? by Nobody: 8:06am On Mar 22, 2017
Not everyone is cut out for LDR.

It's always rosy in the beginning but keeping it up is hard work.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do To Spice Up A Long Distance Relationship? by stunningjudy(f): 10:03am On Mar 22, 2017
LazyAF:

What do I do?
Communicate as much as you can, reminisce on past memories, have crazy imaginations. LDR requires enough imagination and communication (video calls),it's not easy though. If your partner is in Nigeria, try to visit.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do To Spice Up A Long Distance Relationship? by Janeyinspires(f): 11:17am On Mar 22, 2017
Lemmi take it from where you wrote,'when one is ready to chat,the other is sleeping.' There must be a committed effort from both of you to keep the spark.Let it not be one-sided.Both of you should agree on when to chat and all that.Always see it as a date with him online.You can be creative with your chat when chatting.Check this scenario......You:Hey boo,I'm coming down to your place.Him: Ok bae,I prepared your fav dish.Lemmi set the table for to.You:That's sweet!Can't wait to be there.Plz don't forget to play my fav song at the background.Him:I will.You:Boo,I'm at your doorstep,come open the door.......and it continues.With thiz type and way of chatting,you won't feel the distance let alone losing the spark.Again,don't forget to send text messages at interval and make videos to share.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do To Spice Up A Long Distance Relationship? by LazyAF: 6:06pm On Mar 22, 2017
Janeyinspires:
Lemmi take it from where you wrote,'when one is ready to chat,the other is sleeping.' There must be a committed effort from both of you to keep the spark.Let it not be one-sided.Both of you should agree on when to chat and all that.Always see it as a date with him online.You can be creative with your chat when chatting.Check this scenario......You:Hey boo,I'm coming down to your place.Him: Ok bae,I prepared your fav dish.Lemmi set the table for to.You:That's sweet!Can't wait to be there.Plz don't forget to play my fav song at the background.Him:I will.You:Boo,I'm at your doorstep,come open the door.......and it continues.With thiz type and way of chatting,you won't feel the distance let alone losing the spark.Again,don't forget to send text messages at interval and make videos to share.

Wow! Thanks! I'll try this.

In short, I'm calling him now.
Re: What Do You Do To Spice Up A Long Distance Relationship? by LazyAF: 6:07pm On Mar 22, 2017
stunningjudy:

Communicate as much as you can, reminisce on past memories, have crazy imaginations. LDR requires enough imagination and communication (video calls),it's not easy though. If your partner is in Nigeria, try to visit.

Thanks. I appreciate this.
Re: What Do You Do To Spice Up A Long Distance Relationship? by arleck(m): 6:22pm On Mar 22, 2017
chinma414:
Sorry,i dont bliv in d long distance ish.its either you are in a relationship with someone you can be with whenever you want,or you are single.who has time to be wasting on calls when the other person is surely flexing. Abi no be man again??no go kill yasef when you dey find sparks for person wey get fire wia im dey.
Evil gurl, see as she poision Op mind, sharp-sharp
Re: What Do You Do To Spice Up A Long Distance Relationship? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 22, 2017
arleck:
Evil gurl, see as she poision Op mind, sharp-sharp
lol
Re: What Do You Do To Spice Up A Long Distance Relationship? by Janeyinspires(f): 8:02pm On Mar 22, 2017
LazyAF:

Wow! Thanks! I'll try this.
In short, I'm calling him now.
Ma pleazure! Hope it re-ignites your relationship.
Re: What Do You Do To Spice Up A Long Distance Relationship? by stunningjudy(f): 10:32pm On Mar 22, 2017
chinma414:
Don't generalize men, some men are exceptional.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do To Spice Up A Long Distance Relationship? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 22, 2017
Constant communication.
Re: What Do You Do To Spice Up A Long Distance Relationship? by arleck(m): 11:13pm On Mar 22, 2017
chinma414:
lol
Yeah! its you nau... buh why did u say such tin?
Re: What Do You Do To Spice Up A Long Distance Relationship? by LazyAF: 6:42am On Mar 23, 2017
Thanks for all your contribution.

So busy that I can't even keep this thread alive... Hmmmm.

I'll keep trying and keep praying and what will be will be.

Yesterday, I missed his calls late (10 missed calls) while at work and tried calling back but he seemed distracted, maybe because it was a video call.

Tried again immediately I closed (didn't want to risk going home before I called coz he might be asleep) but alas! He was already dozing off!

Said he had a really tiring day!

See what I am up against?
Re: What Do You Do To Spice Up A Long Distance Relationship? by LazyAF: 6:46am On Mar 23, 2017
sasko:

forget the tory....hee don tey way nyash they for back, make we hear words jorr..

even in corporate world you must find a way to hold body but just be smart about it...just don't get caught

if you can vouch for the very guy you can also believe Buhari will return dollar to Naira to its former price

I believe God will return Naira to its former value.. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Cost Of Running Dna Test? / Who Takes Over The Schooling Responsibilities When A Lady Student Gets Married? / Pls Help: May I Start To Reduce My Age Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.