Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? (4177 Views)

Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? / I Made My Husband Impotent For Taking A Second Wife - Woman Confesses In Delta / Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? by hrmkz: 4:23pm On Aug 17, 2014
It is very obvious women have a thousand and one reasons why they will never consent to their husband taking a second wife.

But in the eventaulity that your husband sits you down and sought your permission to allow him take a second wife, why would you allow him?

NB: just fun....maybe you can think of just one reason.

O yaaa think.
Re: Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? by Miner13: 4:35pm On Aug 17, 2014
why do you plan your life on getting second wife and indirectly seeking others opinion.

mtcheww!

reason within the box yourself angry

5 Likes

Re: Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 17, 2014
I would accept a second wife if I was sick and tired of him but had no means to leave him wink
Re: Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? by egopersonified(f): 4:44pm On Aug 17, 2014
Also think along this line, will a man be ready to accept his wife marrying an additional husband where he cant meet her needs sexually, financially or other wise?

6 Likes

Re: Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 17, 2014
egopersonified: Also think along this line, will a man be ready to accept his wife marrying an additional husband where he cant meet her needs sexually, financially or other wise?
even the society will stigmatize her, but it's allowed for a man to marry as many as he can please, though. Not scripturally grounded.
Re: Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? by pickabeau1: 4:54pm On Aug 17, 2014
carefreewannabe: I would accept a second wife if I was sick and tired of him but had no means to leave him wink

What does "no means" mean?
Like jobless?
Re: Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 17, 2014
pickabeau1:

What does "no means" mean?
Like jobless?

Yes, for instance.
Re: Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? by hrmkz: 5:01pm On Aug 17, 2014
Miner13: why do you plan your life on getting second wife and indirectly seeking others opinion.

mtcheww!

reason within the box yourself angry

Your opinion.
Re: Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? by hrmkz: 5:03pm On Aug 17, 2014
egopersonified: Also think along this line, will a man be ready to accept his wife marrying an additional husband where he cant meet her needs sexually, financially or other wise?

No need derailing the topic.
Why not state your opinion on the issue if you have one.
Re: Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? by pickabeau1: 5:07pm On Aug 17, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Yes, for instance.

OK... assuming you were not jobless but as you said was tired of him..wil you accept
Re: Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? by Morotov1(m): 5:10pm On Aug 17, 2014
Marrying a second wife will make me feel filthy, cheap and obviously an unserious irresponsible man among my peers.

It will diminish the carefree fun filled lifestyle I presently enjoy with my spouse. Yet to imagine my life divided among two or more women who want equal legally sanctioned attention ? Must be very suffocating indeed.
Why not divorce instead of sharing yourself as a male prostitute irrespective of what society say about it.

This is for fun.....right? Please debaters should stay off my handle. Thanks.

8 Likes

Re: Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 17, 2014
pickabeau1:

OK... assuming you were not jobless but as you said was tired of him..wil you accept

Frankly speaking, no! I would leave the marriage. I don't believe in staying together no matter what. If I was sick and tired and had the means to leave, I would.
Re: Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? by pickabeau1: 5:15pm On Aug 17, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Frankly speaking, no! I would leave the marriage. I don't believe in staying together no matter what. If I was sick and tired and had the means to leave, I would.

This was what I thought u meant too
However you may be surprised there may be some career women who are financially empowered and not under compulsion who will not mind to accommodate a second wife
Who knows..humans are weird
Re: Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 17, 2014
pickabeau1:

This was what I thought u meant too
However you may be surprised there may be some career women who are financially empowered and not under compulsion who will not mind to accommodate a second wife
Who knows..humans are weird

Like there are also some men who don't mind being or accepting a second husband.

3 Likes

Re: Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? by pickabeau1: 5:45pm On Aug 17, 2014
Im sure there are..

Wide Weird World

carefreewannabe:

Like there are also some men who don't mind being or accepting a second husband.
Re: Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 17, 2014
pickabeau1: Im sure there are..

Wide Weird World

Why weird?
Re: Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? by crackhaus: 5:57pm On Aug 17, 2014
In this modern and contemporary world, would I even want to marry two women and put them under the same roof with me? Absolutely not!
I very much like my life and sanity.

2 Likes

Re: Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? by Edykul(f): 5:59pm On Aug 17, 2014
@OP,if it is important,I will.
Re: Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
crackhaus: In this modern and contemporary world, would I even want to marry two women and put them under the same roof with me? Absolutely not!

You are a wise man smiley tongue
Re: Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? by crackhaus: 6:04pm On Aug 17, 2014
carefreewannabe:

You are a wise man smiley tongue
Okay, can I see your picture now?
Re: Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 17, 2014
crackhaus:
Okay, can I see your picture now?

Nope. I am very ugly. tongue
Re: Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? by cococandy(f): 6:14pm On Aug 17, 2014
no reason.

such a dude must not be loving his life to try and sit me down to discuss a second wife.

4 Likes

Re: Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? by crackhaus: 7:09pm On Aug 17, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Nope. I am very ugly. tongue
Thought as much. cheesy
Re: Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? by pickabeau1: 7:12pm On Aug 17, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Why weird?

its just a saying...

cococandy: no reason.
such a dude must not be loving his life to try and sit me down to discuss a second wife.

LOL... if you dont mind, may i ask what could happen..
Bankruptcy due to Divorce i get but this ur post is chilly...

crackhaus: In this modern and contemporary world, would I even want to marry two women and put them under the same roof with me? Absolutely not!

LOL... I feel u..

One wife .. one trouble
Two wives... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? by crackhaus: 7:23pm On Aug 17, 2014
pickabeau1:

LOL... I feel u..

One wife .. one trouble
Two wives... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
The older (grand parents/great grand parents) generation had it easy, the women then were more agreeable?...'docile' kind of, for lack of a better word.
Re: Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 17, 2014
crackhaus:
Thought as much. cheesy

Then you understand why I won't send you any photos. wink
Re: Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 17, 2014
crackhaus:
The older (grand parents/great grand parents) generation had it easy, the women then were more agreeable?...'docile' kind of, for lack of a better word.

Not only women were different, men were different too and relationships were different. Relationships served rather a pragmatic than romantic purpose.
Re: Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? by crackhaus: 7:41pm On Aug 17, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Then you understand why I won't send you any photos. wink
Well that won't be the first thing...or the second either wink
Re: Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? by crackhaus: 7:41pm On Aug 17, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Not only women were different, men were different too and relationships were different. Relationships served rather a pragmatic than romantic purpose.
True that.
Re: Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 17, 2014
crackhaus:
Well that won't be the first thing...or the second either wink

Sorry, you lost me.
Re: Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 17, 2014
The man i would marry would never go for a 2nd wife in the first place. POLYGAMISTS are never my type.

1 Like

Re: Why Will You Accept A Second Wife? by pickabeau1: 7:55pm On Aug 17, 2014
crackhaus:

They were not necessarily docile but they recognised the necessity of large households for farming etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dirty Past About Your Wife / Is There A Reason Why Majority Of Hiv Positive Married Women Have Hiv Negative Husbands? / My Husband Dont Wanna Sleep With Me Any More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.