Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? (16649 Views)

Why Are There Many Pregnant Brides Nowadays? / Thread For Wives And Kids Of Nigerian Soldiers In Troubled States / Why Are Kids More Scared Of Their Fathers Than Mothers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by tsharp(m): 9:50am On Aug 18, 2014
They are old souls in young bodies.

4 Likes

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by hiss(m): 9:55am On Aug 18, 2014
I'm 5yrs old and I'm in already in Naira land...praiseee d lorrrrrrt grin
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by hiss(m): 9:58am On Aug 18, 2014
Mutuwa: My four year old dota manipulates android: she knows where d pix are,d vids and d games,infact she uses d camera for a selfie.
She knows how to put on d dvd disk to play her favourite toons.
u wan tell us say u get android and DVD abi?...OK we don hear

2 Likes

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by 50calibre(m): 10:10am On Aug 18, 2014
Kids of these days are getting increasingly smarter, it's a form of evolution.

i think it's down to better nutrition, better education and over exposure to technology.

My little nephews who are 6, 9 & 10 are too exposed, I have to be mindful of the type of things I say in their presence, they already know the meaning of sex & dating. As a matter of fact the two boy have girlfriends already, while they girl who's just 6 told me she broke up with her boyfriend.

3 Likes

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by M4gunners: 10:26am On Aug 18, 2014
Mayflowa:

So you fell for that lies! That was an harmless kiss like bro-hugs
Ok oh keep calling it harmless kiss.All i know is that kids are watching them.
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 18, 2014
YOU GUYS AREN'T SURPRISE ATALL< ¤ MY NEIGHBOUR 2 WEEKS OLD BABY AS TEETH AND CAN SPEAK FRENCH fluently angry

AM SO SACRED OF THAT BABY I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, PLS ADVICE cry cry
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by vicdall(f): 10:42am On Aug 18, 2014
I started growing teeth when I was 3 months old. My cousins are 12 and 11 respectively but if you see them, taller than me, so mature. If you see the 12 year old's hips so large. Then their 5 yr old Ola, talkative. She will ask you, "auntie what's the meaning of this" and when you tell her she will say I knew it already
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by vicdall(f): 10:44am On Aug 18, 2014
5naira: YOU GUYS AREN'T SURPRISE ATALL< ¤ MY NEIGHBOUR 2 WEEKS OLD BABY AS TEETH AND CAN SPEAK FRENCH fluently angry

AM SO SACRED OF THAT BABY I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, PLS ADVICE cry cry
hmmmm
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by maborukoje(f): 10:57am On Aug 18, 2014
I and ma 1yr old data went to a party yesterday,u all gat to see hw 3 to 10 yrs old children dance shoki n sekem,as in Wonder in ma mine Hw do dey learn so fast

Fast forward to diz morning ma dauta to don dey dance shoki ooo.
At her age she can sing along wit Dora d explorer, she can snap picture for Africa always smiling to d camera

I do tell mothers to b mindful of wat dey do in dir presence, d other I caught her with my makeup purse,she don use ma eye pencil write ibadan mark for her face even my lip stick on her lips n eyes

I still wonder

1 Like

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Superstar007(m): 11:03am On Aug 18, 2014
utumunta: My neighbour's kid, though he has grown tall, seem to be in his own world where nothing happens. Infact ignorance dey worry the boy! He hates school like his grand father and prefers to sit out by their gate with their security man.

He knows how to fix cars though...
Re-incarnation shocked
They should enroll him in a technical school ASAP.

@Post, this is so so true, if you see some female 13yr olds. Believe me, you'll think that they are in their early twenties. shocked
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Elmickzy(m): 11:04am On Aug 18, 2014
Its True,dats Why One Wise Man Says` Teach Yourr Children For They Are Born For Time That Is Not Yours'...#Indomie Generation Lol
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by krystal101(f): 11:07am On Aug 18, 2014
My son is almost 2, he can't pronounce some words o, but the things he does, people who see him for the 1st time usually ask if he's 4yrs.
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by CocoaOla: 11:12am On Aug 18, 2014
And they eat too much too

2 Likes

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 18, 2014
50calibre:

they already know the meaning of sex & dating. As a matter of fact the two boy have girlfriends already, while they girl who's just 6 told me she broke up with her boyfriend.

cry cry cry
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 18, 2014
true talk,imagine my 2 year old niece telling my mum to warn me,dat we r not mate,nd she can sing almost all davido,olamide nd wizkid songs

1 Like

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Fabdedon(m): 11:30am On Aug 18, 2014
my 1 year old coz has hilarious behaviour for example.. Wen the power supply come on he will shout up pepa!!! And run to on d switch for the tv and also wen it goes of he will sigh and off the switch.. Wen ah tell im to go and charge ma fone he..collects d fone frm me and off to d rum and pick up ma charger and plug it in... And nods with affairmation....he smiles wen ah take im photograph cos he likes d flash and sound...he stamps wen he hears attention and responds poa... And place his back palm on his for head wen he hears at ease... When some knocks at the door.. It stands up to get the key... So many hilarious tinz ah cant rem...

1 Like

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Lightening: 11:30am On Aug 18, 2014
bintudon: Yes it really good for then to be sharp in a positive way, these can help ur baby in different way, call 07031085295/ email: ogboi.bintu@yahoo.com
Ad details
UNLEASH THE GENIUS IN YOUR CHILD !!
Our kids KOBO Android Educational Tablet is a perfect tool for
your child. It comes with different apps that
makes learning fun for your child/Ward. From
different learning apps to educative games like
kids learn maths,
Kids learn english, kids learn french, kids phonetic, kids word pronounciation
Kids letter words, animal world, kids animal play, kids 123 connects, kids Bible stories,
kids Quran, Kids Bible, Piano and Guitar, adult maths formulary, kids science,
Kids multiplication, kids memory tester, meaning of names, kids first aid learner, kids lab, kids colour identifier, human body's
, Nigeria food preparation, talking sataclus, talking Tom, talking Agella
lessons, Montessori apps, Geography for kids,
and lots of over 50 exciting apps, our KOBO Android
Educational tab is truly a tool to unleash the genius in your
child/ward. By letting your kids play
educational games, they will be able to acquire
new skills or improve the skills they already
have and use the skills they newly learned.
Our Android tab for kids allows your child to
learn
- Colors
- The musical notes
- Numbers - Memory, with the memory cards
- The logic to solve puzzles
- The animals, their names and sounds
- Paint, to be creative, with a simple game
suitable for children
- Distinguish and associate forms
- Responsiveness, psychomotor apparatus
- Apparatus psychomotor and spatial vision,
usingthe labyrinth with accelerometer
- Associate and relate
- Distinguish shapes and colors
Thinking of what to make your child busy or a
way of unleashing the hidden potential in you
child, our kiddies android tab is the best
solution.
Ad details
designed to aid the improvement of intelligence quotient in kids between 2-14 years through highly educational android apps. it comes in 4 colours (blue,pink,red,yellow,orange,purple)
ram:512mb
flash:4gb (extendable to 32gb)
camera:front 2mp,rear 4mp.
Google play store
Whatsapp

Google play store, WiFi, whatsapp, Skype, twitter etc 07031085295

Pls ur contact. Am interested.
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Originalsly: 11:37am On Aug 18, 2014
They learn faster due to exposure.... before they learn only when the parents/siblings made time to teach/expose them.Now they are exposed 24/7 via Tv/tablet. They grow faster thanks to modified foods laced with sugars, growth hormones/steroids and who knows what else.One thing to note...despite all this...is that kids are not as solid as they used to be.

1 Like

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by iyes(m): 11:41am On Aug 18, 2014
Surely yes, they are.

It all starts from the moment of birth now. In the past, babies don't open their eyes until some days or even a week after birth, but now, their eyes are wide open as they are coming out of the womb.
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 18, 2014
My son is just 1yr four months, the guy will just walk to the tv put it off and walk away as if to say

"nobody should watch tv now".

He knows when I'm on phone with wifey and will be making trouble to "speak" with me as if he makes any sense.

there are times I get calls from wifeys' phone only for me to pick and hear the guy making all sorts of noise.

Children are wonders these days.

3 Likes

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by kingeze88(m): 12:01pm On Aug 18, 2014
At six months, my son could take my phone charger to the socket and attempt to plug it. Now he is one year old. He knows how to put on the television. When I bring a plate of fufu, soup and water to wash my hands, I observe with keen interest when he dips his hand into the bowl to wash his hands first. After that, he proceeds to consume the helpless fufu.hmmmmmmmm. The world has changed. Pls when u are with your wife in a room, avoid any form of sex in the presence of your ward or child no matter the age. Kids learn so fast.

6 Likes

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by AdelokikiMr(m): 12:08pm On Aug 18, 2014
My Four Days Old bay already open her eyes few hours after her delivery,Grandan even told me her first poo was suppose to be after 3 days but done on the same day...smiley

4 Likes

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Sweetlemon(f): 12:16pm On Aug 18, 2014
MrDoGood:
u said d truth and no lies in it. if na some people dey go add dia own join

You are an expert! grin
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Pistolx(m): 12:20pm On Aug 18, 2014
My 7yrs old sis hav started developing boobs..imagine dat
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Eneze1(f): 12:24pm On Aug 18, 2014
Kids are way smarter this days, my 11 year old niece once told my dad when she was still 5 that "grandpa I have been teaching you how to operate this computer system for long you don't understand, maybe you should take a pencil and book then write it down so that in case of next time you want to operate it you will go through your book" can you imagine

4 Likes

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Pistolx(m): 12:25pm On Aug 18, 2014
50calibre: Kids of these days are getting increasingly smarter, it's a form of evolution.

i think it's down to better nutrition, better education and over exposure to technology.

My little nephews who are 6, 9 & 10 are too exposed, I have to be mindful of the type of things I say in their presence, they already know the meaning of sex & dating. As a matter of fact the two boy have girlfriends already, while they girl who's just 6 told me she broke up with her boyfriend.
hey lie
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Sweetlemon(f): 12:31pm On Aug 18, 2014
Edusouls: They re End time kids, these end time kids have this tendency to overgrow their age, due to an evil world, these kids have to adapt fast to the everyday wiseness of the vry fast evolving world, and these endtime kids re susceptible to learn bad behaviours early, nowadays b4 they re 12years old, they have started keeping boyfriend and girlfriends,engaging in sex, knowing how to lie and deceive their parents easily, even some of them now knows when their parents engage in love making, they lack a lot of respect for their elders, i was badly insalted one day by one 15year old boy.nowadays you notice that these growing kids hardly greet, cos at that early age they have already developed pride and self esteem..this is not the cause of any enhanced food, it is just the product of the ailing world, kids that are wiser than their elders, they re the endtime kids..

Insalted? As per hey gave you salt water to drink for ebola?

4 Likes

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by Godmystrength: 12:31pm On Aug 18, 2014
NaLaugh: You gotta keep up.

Then again, Naija kids are a little slower to develop coherent speech, and they speak soooooooo slow. Like person wey drink palmi cheesy

The other time wey i enter Naija, one of my 5 year old cousin was like:

"myyyyyy muuuummmyyy sayyyyyy thaaaaatt yoouuuu shool com an' eaaaaaaat"
I strongly disagree. Your cousin is not the whole of Naija kids.

2 Likes

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by 44chux(m): 12:46pm On Aug 18, 2014
Yomieluv: Maybe its due to the genetically modified chemicals all in the name baby food,and early exposure to gadgets also a major effect.

1. Advanced glycation end products (AGES) in infant formula during manufacturing due to heating eg pasteurization

2. Bisphenol A (or BPA) in formula that leaches out of the bottle or container into the liquid or food that's in contact with the plastic containers and inner lining of canns of infant formula

These two chemicals (No.2 especially) has been confirmed to accelerate aging and unset of puberty in children

You owe it to these kids to research before choosing formulas and milk products
http://www.babycenter.com/0_are-plastic-baby-bottles-and-formula-cans-safe_14387.bc
Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by willorie(f): 12:51pm On Aug 18, 2014
It's not even a question that one need to ask
rather, it's a fact & a natural phenomenal that has come to stay in this era
or u can as well call it evolutional change

just like sum girls/Ladies waist nowadays grin
it's just growing bigger than their age wink grin

"Like" if u've noticed wink

2 Likes

Re: Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? by bintudon(f): 1:17pm On Aug 18, 2014
07031085295,Email :ogboi.bintu@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Puma Slides Available For Sale. 100% AUTHENTIC. / Parenting In The Digital Age / Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.