Stats: 3,154,950 members, 7,824,983 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency (26755 Views)

ECOWAS To Implement Common Currency In West Africa – Official / NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency / Ecowas To Introduce Single Currency By 2020 – Ekweremadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by Afrocatalyst: 6:09am On Aug 18, 2014
Supported!
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by kobonaire(m): 6:09am On Aug 18, 2014
NairaLand is gonna own ECOWAS be that .... grin

Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by Nehemiah459(m): 6:09am On Aug 18, 2014
My Christian Brothers will call it Mark of The Beast... #666

Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by dridowu: 6:10am On Aug 18, 2014
good morning nigerians

Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by zolajpower: 6:13am On Aug 18, 2014
Will d bad eggs in our society agree? My happinss is sombody is taking a right step in a right direction.
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by kobonaire(m): 6:13am On Aug 18, 2014
dridowu: good morning nigerians
good afternoon bros .... some NLers de china you know wink

Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by BedLam: 6:15am On Aug 18, 2014
I beg o! Them wan spoil market for yahoo boys
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by guttentag(m): 6:16am On Aug 18, 2014
1Naira suppose be equal to $1

Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by BedLam: 6:17am On Aug 18, 2014
I love the way we are trying to colonize the rest of the region but I don't think the French slaves (Francophone countries) would agree.

Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by Stephen344(m): 6:20am On Aug 18, 2014
Harrybanty: I don't think Naira should be used, they should use a new joint currency. You expect Ghana to give up their currency? Or the illetrates of Liberia? They would say Nigeria also brought Ebola.
seriously how old are you? Punkass like you should get your mosquito brain examines. Grow up
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by dridowu: 6:22am On Aug 18, 2014
kobonaire: good afternoon bros .... some NLers de china you know wink
oh sorry
[size=15pt]下午好中国[/size]

Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by Nobody: 6:31am On Aug 18, 2014
revalued currency, aboki nor go gree, jst imagine a full day work, na only five naira he carry go house. Minimum wages will be around four(4) thousand naira, hmmmm range rover sports will be 500k, but to get d money will be D;I;E...

Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by segradino(m): 6:33am On Aug 18, 2014
Let's set our priorities right..we're still import dependent.

Info for smartphone users, u can get d best data plan for ur internet enabled devices why waste more when u can pay less...check dis out on this thread. www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-data-cheapest-rate#25391662
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by Reference(m): 6:35am On Aug 18, 2014
Hmmm. VAT may be lower here but the general cost of doing business erases all those advantages.
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by kobonaire(m): 6:36am On Aug 18, 2014
dridowu: oh sorry
下午好中国
Zhù nǐ yǒu měihǎo de yītiān
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by kobonaire(m): 6:37am On Aug 18, 2014
guttentag: 1Naira suppose be equal to $1
According to the Ogbomosho School of Economics abi tongue

Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by ITbomb(m): 6:38am On Aug 18, 2014

"So all we have to do is to work on our own Naira because in the past, people were traveling with the Naira to abroad because the Naira was more or less the single currency in West Africa. If the value of the naira today is N50 to the US$, a lot of experts in America would come back to Nigeria because the value of the currency. If you are mighty, other economies will run after you," he said.
I'm yet understand why people are still listening to this "mighty currency" mirage.
Right now the Japanese Yen is almost at par with the Naira yet the economy is buoyant and businessmen are running to it.
A mighty currency without a production economy will collapse on it own weight.

The strength of any currency is in its stability over time not necessarily its strength against the dollar

Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by akatonero(m): 6:41am On Aug 18, 2014
I see

Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by eaglechild: 6:45am On Aug 18, 2014
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

angry angry angry angry
Anyway it is only sidetaks from an irrelevant agency in such issues.
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by Nobody: 6:47am On Aug 18, 2014
And for what? How will this help? What is wrong with this country sef? The 200 chibok girls are still missing, Boko haram is still roaming, Ebola is spreading, Electricity for where?, Graduates are unemployed, Health sector is a mess, 16,000 doctors are jobless, Educational system is failing, Senators are marrying children and This is what we're on? So, other countries should ditch their currencies to be like us with our devalued "Naira"? Is the Ghana Cedi not the most valued African currency? If we must unify currencies why not use the best we've got instead of screaming "Giant of Africa" when we've failed ourselves as a nation? No smart country will fall for this nonsense.

Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by Nobody: 6:49am On Aug 18, 2014
Between this thread and mine, which was first published? I thought this news was not frontpage worthy.

https://www.nairaland.com/1858887/naccima-proposes-naira-ecowas-single

Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by Nobody: 6:49am On Aug 18, 2014
Get Twitter and Instagram instant followers. Facebook page likes. No need to follow back. Its that easy! http://skylnk.co/kHPTWh
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by 1stola: 6:56am On Aug 18, 2014
Adindupeter: "Nigerian currency for over 30 years. In 1980 what
was the exchange rate? It was between 50 and 60
kobo to the U.S. Dollar. When SAP was introduced
it was N4.2 to a dollar in 1986".

Look what our past leaders (Northern Generals) did to my beloved country. And a general from the 80's want to rule us again. I don't like the idea of devaluing currency but do it if it's necessary..

Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by iceberylin(m): 6:58am On Aug 18, 2014
Is their still Hope for Naija
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by bot101(m): 7:05am On Aug 18, 2014
Do you people who are shouting cedi cedi know the actual value of the cedi when compared to even the naira let alone dollar. besides their economy is not even as strong as ours which is even getting stronger everyday.

Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by Chanchit: 7:06am On Aug 18, 2014
I prefer it stays like this, wetin I wan go do for America if the money is the same, it would be hard to build a house na, the suffering would be too much to bear. Abeg just leave Naira as e dey o, if you like make 1$ dey equivalent to N500. If we take that step with this crop of useless leaders, na suicide o.
Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by F117A: 7:14am On Aug 18, 2014
manitobor: Adopt the naira? I laugh! NACCIMA is just trying to sound patriotic cos everyone knows that the Naira is the most unstable in the region.
Besides the Naira has the ugliest and lowest quality notes in the world. Look at 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 and even 200 Naira notes, so poor in appearance and quality. The polymer notes, most especially, are nothing to write home about.

They better consider the Ghana Cedi.
you must be an illitrate.

Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by Btruth: 7:14am On Aug 18, 2014
Good one. This is why the government should encourage the exporters, especially those one that are into commodities exports. Not to continually discouraging them with too much tariffs and bad attitude from the customs at the ports.

Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 18, 2014
Tunjasko: Nd would oda countries agree or accept d demand....misplaced priority....instead of dem to discuss wayzz of restructuring Nd making naira stand out....dey are busy talking nonsense

what is non sense about it?

Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by F117A: 7:19am On Aug 18, 2014
Sorry,i don't want this.
We have nothing to gain from this,instead it would place unusual pressure on the nigerian economy to sustain the naira.
Go and ask germany.

Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by Fourwinds: 7:21am On Aug 18, 2014

Look what our past leaders (Northern Generals) did to my beloved country. And a general from the 80's want to rule us again. I don't like the idea of devaluing currency but do it if it's necessary..
those generals were smoking weed even when people protested against d policy dey still went ahead to d value d naira...IBB was d culprit

Re: NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 18, 2014

Revaluation and not devaluation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Zenith Bank Overtakes First Bank As The Largest Bank In Nigeria / Nigerian Lawyer Sues Access Bank For Failed ATM Transaction, Demands N100m / Cost Of Living In Lagos, Nigeria