Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Boko Haram’ll End When Fed Govt Wants, Says Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram’ll End When Fed Govt Wants, Says Amaechi (948 Views)

Elections Must Be Cancelled In Rivers State, Says Amaechi / Tere Ikuru's Defection Shocked Me But He Is Free To Go, Says Amaechi / I Am Not Funding APC, Says Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram’ll End When Fed Govt Wants, Says Amaechi by Tunjasko(m): 8:16am On Aug 18, 2014
Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi at the
weekend said the war against Boko Haram
insurgents will not stop unless the Federal
Government is ready to tackle it sincerely.
The governor alleged that some Federal
Government institutions have stolen the money
meant for human and infrastructural development.
He also indicted the Presidency of inciting Muslims
and Christians against one another to win the 2015
general elections by all means.
Amaechi spoke on Kaduna-based Liberty Radio
weekly programme, “Guest of the Week”.
The governor noted that until the Federal
Government tackled corruption, education and
poverty, insurgency would continue across the land.
According to him, if the Federal Government
supports the military through intelligence gathering,
which has combated militancy in Rivers State and
other Niger Delta states, it would be the end to the
menace.
Amaechi said there is need for the Federal
Government to work with everybody, especially the
locals, to know who and where the insurgents live.
The governor stressed that it was the failure of the
government that caused militancy.
Using the Niger Delta militancy as a case study, he
said: “It took me just two months to deal with
militancy in Port Harcourt (Rivers State capital). If a
state could achieve that within that space of time,
how much more the Federal Government that has
everything it needs at its disposal. At least, if we did
not stop militancy, it has reduced.
“The earlier the Federal Government stopped
inciting Muslims against Christians to win elections,
the better for Nigeria.
“Killing militants was not the solution to the
militancy. So, we began with infrastructure and
gave them economic livelihood. That’s because
when they know that when they go out, they would
earn some money, they would not have time to
perpetrate evil of this magnitude.”
Responding to a question on the alleged rift between
him and President Goodluck Jonathan, Amaechi
said: “We are not quarrelling; we just have a
disagreement on how to govern the country. I have
a huge respect for him. But only he is the
Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces. So, he
should be the only person to tell us how to bring the
abducted Chibok schoolgirls back.”
On whether or not he had the intention to run for the
Presidency in 2015 on the platform of the All
Peoples Congress (APC), the Ikwere-born politician
said he could only do so if he had the support of at
least 25 million Nigerians.

thenationonlineng.net/new/boko-haramll-end-when-fed-govt-wants-says-amaechi/

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram’ll End When Fed Govt Wants, Says Amaechi by Dreal1247: 8:26am On Aug 18, 2014
The large-mouthed governor. So as a governor, he tackled militancy, why couldnt his northern counterparts, do the same. I know he was able to emit because, he is one of the militants.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram’ll End When Fed Govt Wants, Says Amaechi by M0GIDI: 2:54pm On Aug 18, 2014
Amaechi spoke on Kaduna-based Liberty Radio weekly programme, “Guest of the Week”.

I see malam Amaechi relocating to Kano or Kaduna come 2015, I won't be surprised if he goes for the jugular and joins Buhari in the trenches at sambisa.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram’ll End When Fed Govt Wants, Says Amaechi by Descartes: 2:55pm On Aug 18, 2014
I thought he has gone exile, Ribadu departure was really a sucker punch to him grin cheesy cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram’ll End When Fed Govt Wants, Says Amaechi by lakpalakpa: 3:27pm On Aug 18, 2014
He also indicted the Presidency of inciting Muslims and Christians against one another to win the 2015 general elections by all means.

Jonathan and his PDP are clearly guilty as stated by Amaechi. The irresponsible comments from PDP and some presidential aides simply show how low Jona-daft has allowed the country sink.
Re: Boko Haram’ll End When Fed Govt Wants, Says Amaechi by suwailad(f): 3:28pm On Aug 18, 2014
Amaechi my Man, so on point! Have you guys seen that its only the APC Governors who always say the truth devoid of sentimentality?

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram’ll End When Fed Govt Wants, Says Amaechi by vicadex07(m): 5:59pm On Aug 18, 2014
He said the bitter truth.

Do you guys ever wonder why ordinary Chad or Cameroon were able to deal decisively with Boko haram when they trespassed into their borders? Are you telling me their military is superior to ours or their military's budget allocation is bigger than our own.

I believe our FG is not serious about tackling the BOKO issue either because they are benefiting indirectly from it or they are the sponsors.
Re: Boko Haram’ll End When Fed Govt Wants, Says Amaechi by chinjo(m): 6:14pm On Aug 18, 2014
Amaechi the loud mouthed governor. well, people like FFK and Ribadu said more than him but where are they today. All politicians are one and the same. How hard it is for a serving governor to differenciate between militancy and insurgency. The militants were fighting for resource control, empowerment and development of the region of Niger delta as against the Boko Haram sect who want to islamize the entire country. Amaech I leave u to ur conscience.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Happened To The Igbo?j / Wole Soyinka Is A Confirmed Cultist" - Ali Modu Sheriff / Niger State Govt. Releases Evidence Arrested NTA Reporter Demanded Bribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.