Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Do The Needful Before "Alawee" Stops. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Do The Needful Before "Alawee" Stops. (2012 Views)

Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members / What Are The Needful Needed For One's Collection Of NYSC Call Up Letter??? / Can Anyone In NYSC Camp Confirm The Payment Of N38,900 Alawee? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do The Needful Before "Alawee" Stops. by snowserve(m): 11:48am On Aug 18, 2014
Hello People,

Becoming successful involves doing the ordinary things extraordinarily well. It has to do with a lot of planning and strategies. I have discovered a great number of people finish serving their fatherland without the right preparation for the labor market. I will be sharing some useful tips which can aid your preparation for a great career.

***POSTS MODIFIED.

1 Like

Re: Do The Needful Before "Alawee" Stops. by snowserve(m): 12:03pm On Aug 18, 2014
PS. I know this forum is packed full of great minds, so your contributions, criticisms and questions will be appreciated.
Few more posts to go on "enhance your employability", before i talk on testing the waters and cv writing.
If you feel your cv needs re-write to enhance your chances, shoot me a mail @ snowserve@gmail.com (it goes for a fee, but i'll be doing it FOC for the first 2 people).
CHEERS.

1 Like

Re: Do The Needful Before "Alawee" Stops. by siegfried99(m): 12:32am On Aug 19, 2014
Nice one..@op
Re: Do The Needful Before "Alawee" Stops. by Nobody: 12:33am On Aug 19, 2014
My problem is reading ability/skill. I am too lazy to read. I bookmark everything instead of reading it the very minute and after that I won't read it again. I have bookmarked hundreds of topics and interesting news. Let me not go far, as I am writing this, I couldn't finish reading your post but I have bookmarked it to read latter.
Re: Do The Needful Before "Alawee" Stops. by snowserve(m): 5:42pm On Aug 19, 2014
Vig86: My problem is reading ability/skill. I am too lazy to read. I bookmark everything instead of reading it the very minute and after that I won't read it again. I have bookmarked hundreds of topics and interesting news. Let me not go far, as I am writing this, I couldn't finish reading your post but I have bookmarked it to read latter.

Always have a reading goal and develop an inquisitive mind.
"Readers are Leaders" is a mantra i so much believe in. Cultivating the reading habit requires a lot of discipline. I'll advice you start by getting materials you're so much crazy about to read, from there you can move to other areas which interests you and are germane to your career goals.

Gradually clear off those bookmarked topics through reading, you can also set a time limit to do so. Hope this helps you.

Cheers.
Re: Do The Needful Before "Alawee" Stops. by butanep(m): 11:31am On Aug 22, 2014
you can do it if only you stop the procrastination... Develop the interest and it will start coming....

1 Like

Re: Do The Needful Before "Alawee" Stops. by snowserve(m): 4:20pm On Aug 29, 2014
The skills mentioned above are summarized into four (4) here: www.strath.ac.uk/careers/skills. Got this link from a thread in the job section.

In subsequent posts, i will be giving tips on resume writing and "testing the waters". Meanwhile, if you want me to rewrite your cv, forward it to snowserve@gmail.com, it goes for a fee, but the sacrifice is worth it if you consider the benefits of having a great resume even while serving.

CHEERS

1 Like

Re: Do The Needful Before "Alawee" Stops. by snowserve(m): 1:23pm On Oct 01, 2014
It's been over a month since my last post.
Apologies for failing to update as promised, i couldn't lay my hands on the rest of the article, I'll post it as soon as i get it.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!
Re: Do The Needful Before "Alawee" Stops. by snowserve(m): 1:55pm On Oct 01, 2014
Re: Do The Needful Before "Alawee" Stops. by yetunsbay(m): 3:04pm On Oct 01, 2014
It's really a nice and educative write up especially for to-be corp member like mine.One of the skills dats very germane in buz world nowadays is IT. Thou am still an undergraduate & to my self assessmt I cn deduce am deficient in that aspect.If I say semi-illiterate it isn't bad due to the fact that to go & learn rudiment aspect of usage of computer due to some factors.
Now have concluded to purchase a laptop and my questn goes thus-not having quite knowledge how it operate can I still GRAB it workings by operating it myself or taking it to my friends that owns one already and should operate together? Thks.
Re: Do The Needful Before "Alawee" Stops. by snowserve(m): 6:27pm On Oct 01, 2014
yetunsbay: It's really a nice and educative write up especially for to-be corp member like mine.One of the skills dats very germane in buz world nowadays is IT. Thou am still an undergraduate & to my self assessmt I cn deduce am deficient in that aspect.If I say semi-illiterate it isn't bad due to the fact that to go & learn rudiment aspect of usage of computer due to some factors.
Now have concluded to purchase a laptop and my questn goes thus-not having quite knowledge how it operate can I still GRAB it workings by operating it myself or taking it to my friends that owns one already and should operate together? Thks.

IT Skills are very important, you can't afford to lack basic IT skills in this century where several things are automated. However, you must complement it with good grades and employable skills to increase your chances after school.

It is good you were able to recognize your weakness at this time you are still an undergraduate. You can begin by getting a friend to show you the basics, also get materials that can help you (Google is your friend). After you might have grabbed the basics, then proceed to learning the usage of some simple softwares like Microsoft office.

If you can afford it, you can enrol for computer appreciation classes in any reputable training school around you. It goes for between 5k-8k the last time i checked, this also depends on your location. But, why pay to learn it if you have a computer and friends that can be of help?

Finally, you don't have to be a computer 'GURU' to get a good job, all you need is working knowledge of several office tools, a good grade backed with excellent employable skills.But I'm not saying you shouldn't learn how to use as many softwares as you can if the opportunity arises.

I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST.

1 Like

Re: Do The Needful Before "Alawee" Stops. by yetunsbay(m): 10:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
snowserve:

IT Skills are very important, you can't afford to lack basic IT skills in this century where several things are automated. However, you must complement it with good grades and employable skills to increase your chances after school.

It is good you were able to recognize your weakness at this time you are still an undergraduate. You can begin by getting a friend to show you the basics, also get materials that can help you (Google is your friend). After you might have grabbed the basics, then proceed to learning the usage of some simple softwares like Microsoft office.

If you can afford it, you can enrol for computer appreciation classes in any reputable training school around you. It goes for between 5k-8k the last time i checked, this also depends on your location. But, why pay to learn it if you have a computer and friends that can be of help?

Finally, you don't have to be a computer 'GURU' to get a good job, all you need is working knowledge of several office tools, a good grade backed with excellent employable skills.But I'm not saying you shouldn't learn how to use as many softwares as you can if the opportunity arises.

I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST.
u've been helpful
Re: Do The Needful Before "Alawee" Stops. by siegfried99(m): 4:53pm On Oct 02, 2014
Very nice
Re: Do The Needful Before "Alawee" Stops. by Wisedata(m): 9:19pm On Oct 06, 2014
Respect bro
Re: Do The Needful Before "Alawee" Stops. by Vincent000(m): 12:35am On Oct 11, 2014
Nice one op

(1) (Reply)

How To Write An Scholarship Winning LETTER OF MOTIVATION / NYSC 2016, Batch B, Stream II, Niger State Zone / Is This The Sexiest Corper? (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.