Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,602 members, 7,955,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:45 PM

Popular Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan Razed Down By Fire - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Popular Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan Razed Down By Fire (656 Views)

Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed / Ebonyi State House Of Assembly Building Totally Razed Down / Photos Of Boko Haram Patrolling Gombe And Razed Kawdon Police Headquarters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Popular Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan Razed Down By Fire by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 18, 2014
I was passing by on my way to work when I noticed that the market has being razed down by fire.

The fire was reported to have started on friday night and all efforts to put out the fire was abortive.

Witnesses claimed that the fire was as a result electrical spark in one of the shops and the fire cleared the first section plus part of the 2nd section.

If you know the construction of the market, you will realize they are made of wood and closely spaced making it easy for the fire to spread.

My source said the firemen of oyo state tried to quench the fire but all efforts to find water proved abortive

The people off the market were seen today clearing out the debris with the aid of government cleaners or so

I hope they make efforts to prevnt another occurence as a myth holds that the fire allways occurs every 5yrs.

The fire was razed down by fire 7years ago and the government then tried to make borehole. To provide available water but the people of the market refused

Re: Popular Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan Razed Down By Fire by mainheart(m): 3:26pm On Aug 18, 2014
Very unfortunate. how do the start again

(1) (Reply)

Bomb Scare In Mararaba? / Sanusi Lamido Explodes: How Vested Interests Are Killing Nigeria - See More At: / Why I Dropped Presidential Ambition – Ribadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.