Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,839 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:39 AM

I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Akiolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Akiolu (1915 Views)

Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace / I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu / CPC Replies Asari Dokubo: You Will Recant After 2015 . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Akiolu by supersonic(m): 7:36pm On Aug 18, 2014
The Oba of Lagos, Rilwanu Akiolu, on Monday vowed to make startling revelations that will shake the country after the 2015 general election.

Akiolu’s outburst at the public presentation of a book: “Corruption and Human Rights Law in Africa,” authored by Dr. Kolawole Olaniyan was in response to a statement credited to the Ooni of Ife, ‎Oba Okunade Sijuade, that only two out of the country’s renowned monarchs are free of corruption.

Akiolu said he would reveal top secrets that cannot be disputed by those who think their hands are clean, but refused to give further details when approached after the event.

He lambasted the monarch who alleged that he lifted oil and collected contract during the late Gen. Sani Abacha regime, noting that he was a serving policeman in that era.

On the issue of corruption, Akiolu said over 90 percent of Nigerians are corrupt, adding that the way out was for all hands to be on deck.

“I will shake this nation after the election in February. The man who made the statement that I lifted oil should cover his face in shame because I was still a serving police officer. Those who collected Abacha money know themselves and I will quote witnesses.

“Let us stop apportioning blames, forget the past and work towards a better future for this country.

“Do not put 100 percent blame on President Goodluck Jonathan because the person who caused the problem knows himself,” said Akiolu.

Continuing, the monarch reassured that elections cannot be rigged in Lagos, adding that Lagosians were fully prepared to ensure that their votes and good governance count‎.

“Nigeria’s problem is not caused by one person. We should be closer to God and make things better. We must assist the government to end the challenges of insurgency and Ebola,” he said.

Meanwhile, chairman of the occasion, Femi Falana (SAN) and All Progressives Congress’ (APC) spokesman, Lai Mohammed, accused President Jonathan of fuelling corruption by romancing his appointees accused of corrupt practices.

Falana while acknowledging that the present administration has recorded a milestone in recovering over $2.9 billion of Abacha’s loots, noted that the government was yet to account for the whereabouts of the funds.

‎Commending the author for a great job, Falana said corruption has crept into all facets of national life, noting that the government has not treated the issue of Ebola or insurgency in accordance with the law.

“The author ‎looked at the issues of corruption and human rights in Africa and wonderfully linked them. Human rights are not respected because of massive corruption on the continent.

“The government is not addressing the Ebola crisis under the law. There is a Quarantine Act‎ enacted in 1926, which says carriers of dreadful diseases should be fished out and quarantined.

“But at the moment, we do not know how many people are affected in the country.

“Also, Boko Haram is being fought in a corrupt way. All dead soldiers’ names are unknown, immediately a soldier dies, his family is ejected from the barracks within two weeks.

“Jonathan’s administration has killed the good works against corruption. It is only the Abacha family that has been harassed of all those accused of corruption and it is because he is no longer alive.

“No country has succeeded in receiving loot like Nigeria. We have done well in tracing the over 140 Abacha bank accounts across the world and we have recovered $2.9 billion although we cannot trace the recovered money,” said Falana

source:thenationonline.com
Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Akiolu by bamiwale: 7:40pm On Aug 18, 2014
I think our leaders should stop apportioning blames and let us move on. When you hear these leaders speak, you will wonder how we got it wrong as a nation. Each one of them always seem to know who did all the wrong and talk as if they hold the panacea to our problems.

1 Like

Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Akiolu by Zakkyoz: 7:49pm On Aug 18, 2014
Nigeria is already shaking and here are you promising more shake up. Diaris God.
Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Akiolu by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 18, 2014
Ooni should hide his face in shame. Akiolu was a policeman during Abacha's era and not Oba...though I dnt trust him cos policemen were corrupt at that tym-very corrupt(even now). Oba Oyekan was the Monarch of Eko(Lagos).
Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Akiolu by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 18, 2014
Political traditional rulers...

Rubber stamps...

High on;

Dogon Yaro...

Monkey tail...

Story for the gods

1 Like

Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Akiolu by tit(f): 8:34pm On Aug 18, 2014
He has just increased his chances of dieing before 2015 elections.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Akiolu by bucke1: 8:46pm On Aug 18, 2014
The king should say it now. What gives him guarantee that he will live till next year (that's determined by God). Kabiyesi, say it now.

1 Like

Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Akiolu by simp: 8:55pm On Aug 18, 2014
contunue now....
Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Akiolu by crazypatriot: 9:35pm On Aug 18, 2014
tit: He has just increased his chances of dieing before 2015 elections.
most of you just open mouth and talk like idiat, what make you think, you are going to see the light of tomorrow ? Why not advice your Jonathan to send his book haram as usual, azzhole.
Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Akiolu by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 18, 2014
crazypatriot: most of you just open mouth and talk like idiat, what make you think, you are going to see the light of tomorrow ? Why not advice your Jonathan to send his book haram as usual, azzhole.

Guy, U get sense at all?? undecided

5 Likes

Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Akiolu by braine(m): 9:58pm On Aug 18, 2014
Nigerians are corrupt.

Akiolu is a Nigerian. Therefore;

Akiolu is corrupt.

4 Likes

Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Akiolu by hushmail: 10:05pm On Aug 18, 2014
say it now or 4ever keep ur peace
Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Akiolu by AONO: 10:13pm On Aug 18, 2014
Your Royal Highness no problem we will be here waiting for you but sir ISORA LOOGUN AGBA
Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Akiolu by RockMaxi: 10:26pm On Aug 18, 2014
Long live the king, what more will shake a nation where;
1. The citizens die in their thousands from terrorist attack.
2. Her Commonwealth is in the hands of privileged few.
3. Pensioners roam endlessly with empty stomach and die waiting for their pensions.
4. The teeming population of unemployed youths increases daily.

1 Like

Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Akiolu by PenSniper: 10:40pm On Aug 18, 2014
himkers:

Guy, U get sense at all?? undecided

Dude, dont you know that reading english does not necessarily mean understanding english ? The post by tit means a volume to the articulate but nonsense to the lame.
Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Akiolu by Ziluxga(m): 10:55pm On Aug 18, 2014
Which one is he going to shake, Nigeria or Yorubaland?
Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Akiolu by Lucasbalo(m): 11:01pm On Aug 18, 2014
RockMaxi: Long live the king, what more will shake a nation where;
1. The citizens die in their thousands from terrorist attack.
2. Her Commonwealth is in the hands of privileged few.
3. Pensioners roam endlessly with empty stomach and die waiting for their pensions.
4. The teeming population of unemployed youths increases daily.
Gbam.
Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Akiolu by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 18, 2014
Check my signature
Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Akiolu by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:33pm On Aug 18, 2014
barcanista: Ooni should hide his face in shame. Akiolu was a policeman during Abacha's era and not Oba...though I dnt trust him cos policemen were corrupt at that tym-very corrupt(even now). Oba Oyekan was the Monarch of Eko(Lagos).

Oyekan was a peaceful gentleman.
Friends of the Igbo,too.
Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Akiolu by omongbatim: 11:37pm On Aug 18, 2014
Yoruba, of course. Yoruba monarchs washing their dirty linen in public since 1470 AD.

Ziluxga: Which one is he going to shake, Nigeria or Yorubaland?
Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Akiolu by alotofgrace(m): 11:38pm On Aug 18, 2014
currupt politicians or corrupt monarchs?
Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Akiolu by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 10:16am On Aug 19, 2014
It will be entertaining,2015 here we come
Re: I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Akiolu by FrankC3: 10:35am On Aug 19, 2014
supersonic: ...‎Commending the author for a great job, Falana said corruption has crept into all facets of national life, noting that the government has not treated the issue of Ebola or insurgency in accordance with the law....

“The government is not addressing the Ebola crisis under the law. There is a Quarantine Act‎ enacted in 1926, which says carriers of dreadful diseases should be fished out and quarantined.

“But at the moment, we do not know how many people are affected in the country....

You see why I once called Falana a very emotional an uninformed 'public commentator'. The guy is a good man but proudly ignorant. So far, local and international community is applauding Nigeria's effort in handling of the EVD outbreak. Some are even pushing their luck by insinuating that it puts paid to the 'lie' that Nigeria does not have functional institutions. WHO, US govt and our WA afflicted brothers are all in awe at the efficiency and leadership of Nigeria in the face of this challenge. Only Falana, a lawyer, thinks otherwise.

(1) (Reply)

FG Commences Payment Of Ex-biafran Soldiers’ Pension / Arms Smuggling Jet Caught In South Africa Linked To CAN President / Governor T.a Orji Vows To Frustrate Pdp Special Waiver To Orji Uzor Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.