Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,405 members, 7,819,436 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Bush Meat Sellers Protest In Oyo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bush Meat Sellers Protest In Oyo State (1042 Views)

Cash Crunch: Osun State To Tax Meat Sellers / Protest In Abuja For The Expulsion Of Saeed-Koozechi Iranian Ambassador / Policeman Beaten Up In Oyo State For Allegedly Causing Accident (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bush Meat Sellers Protest In Oyo State by LUVTB(m): 1:43am On Aug 19, 2014
SCORES of bush meat sellers, yesterday, marched to Governor Abiola Ajimobi’s office at the Oyo State Secretariat, Ibadan, complaining of low patronage due to the outbreak of Ebola disease.
The women under the aegis of Bushmeat Sellers Association lamented that since the announcement that the deadly disease could be caused by eating bush meat, spell had been cast on their sales.
Speaking on behalf of the association, Alhaja Risikat Odeyemi, Iyalode, Bushmeat Association, Oyo State, said it was strange that bush meat which had hitherto been taken as a special delicacy should now be seen as a poison.
She said, “our meats do not have any ebola virus. We don’t know why people should just be peddling rumour that would be injurious to other people. This is not good at all. They have spoilt our business without any good reason. What we heard is that the disease was contacted through the river. Why should they just start trying to be so unfair”.
They said before the announcement, a grass cutter was being sold between N2,000 and N4,000 and the same thing goes for antelope and other animals. But, now they regretted that there are no sales again, adding, “We normally stand by the roadside to invite prospective buyers. But now when we call them to buy bush meat, they always reply us saying, “ebola”. It is the same meat we have been eating and nothing has happened to us.”
Their visit to the governor’s office, she added, was to appeal to him to help us dispel the rumour that bush meat causes Ebola.
At press time, the governor was yet to attend to them and many of the bush meat sellers sat clumsily at the entrance of the gate because the security men at the gate did not allow them to move closer to the governor’s office.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/bush-meat-sellers-protest-low-patronage/#sthash.HdRTZdGT.dpuf

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Sellers Protest In Oyo State by asadike(f): 1:51am On Aug 19, 2014
enyi iya, ejo tori olorun,make me fight d ebola first, den we go discuss bush meat later. Na lyf b4 food o. Abi una neva hear say bat and ape na carrier abi dem no b bush meat?

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Sellers Protest In Oyo State by asadike(f): 1:51am On Aug 19, 2014
enyi iya wa, ese suru,make me fight d ebola first, den we go discuss bush meat later. Na lyf b4 food o. Abi una neva hear say bat and ape na carrier abi dem no b bush meat?

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Sellers Protest In Oyo State by Nobody: 1:55am On Aug 19, 2014
If u like don't look for another way of livelihood still wait for people to buy your meat when ebola is every were even doe your meat have ooo I it does not have no reasonable Nigeran like me go buy am period!

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Sellers Protest In Oyo State by aniel1089(m): 2:39am On Aug 19, 2014
Eeya..the fear of ebolachi is the end of eating bush meat..as for me I dey flex my bush meat I no send any ebolachi..
Re: Bush Meat Sellers Protest In Oyo State by macsika: 3:06am On Aug 19, 2014
So how does this warrant a protest? Is this Laziness speaking or they want the government to force everyone to start eating bush meat.

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Sellers Protest In Oyo State by macsika: 3:08am On Aug 19, 2014
So how does this warrant a protest? Is this Laziness speaking or they want the government to force everyone to start eating bush meat. They should better pass the blame to All this adebola,walebola and ayoebola in oyo state.
Re: Bush Meat Sellers Protest In Oyo State by Tolexander: 3:48am On Aug 19, 2014
What do they want Ajimobi to do?

Make dem go dey wash their bushmeat with salt and water jare.

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Sellers Protest In Oyo State by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 3:56am On Aug 19, 2014
I dont understand them,what did they want the poor man to do?,convince scientist and doctors that bushmeat no longer habour ebola.

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Sellers Protest In Oyo State by 2cato: 5:53am On Aug 19, 2014
E-bola tinubu must be responsible for these protest

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Sellers Protest In Oyo State by whitecat007: 5:53am On Aug 19, 2014
Only monkeys and bats are know to carry the virus, these are not bush meats in Yorubaland, ibos should try beef and chicken instead of human flesh, monkeys are just like human. Since only ibos eat humans or anything that looks like human in Nigeria, is it safe to say that you need to stay in your region till the threat goes down cos we don't trust you for eating your cousins? Ibos are close relatives of Chimpz and eating your family members is disgusting.
asadike: enyi iya wa, ese suru,make me fight d ebola first, den we go discuss bush meat later. Na lyf b4 food o. Abi una neva hear say bat and ape na carrier abi dem no b bush meat?

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Sellers Protest In Oyo State by asadike(f): 7:56am On Aug 19, 2014
whitecat007: Only monkeys and bats are know to carry the virus, these are not bush meats in Yorubaland, ibos should try beef and chicken instead of human flesh, monkeys are just like human. Since only ibos eat humans or anything that looks like human in Nigeria, is it safe to say that you need to stay in your region till the threat goes down cos we don't trust you for eating your cousins? Ibos are close relatives of Chimpz and eating your family members is disgusting.
u want to turn dis to tribal bashin. Did i insult d women? Ok hear dis-y wuld u eat bats and monkeys when we al known dat half of waste land are witches and wizards and guess wot they turn 2 every nyt_ monkeys and bats. At least i av close relatives,do u? Are u nt an omo ale? Am very sure ur mom is nt livin wit ur dad. U ar simply a waste 4rm d wasteland. Y ar they complainin since we av strong ndi ofe lyk musu funfun dat arent scared of ebola. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Sellers Protest In Oyo State by asadike(f): 8:10am On Aug 19, 2014
whitecat007: Only monkeys and bats are know to carry the virus, these are not bush meats in Yorubaland, ibos should try beef and chicken instead of human flesh, monkeys are just like human. Since only ibos eat humans or anything that looks like human in Nigeria, is it safe to say that you need to stay in your region till the threat goes down cos we don't trust you for eating your cousins? Ibos are close relatives of Chimpz and eating your family members is disgusting.
u want to turn dis to tribal bashin. Did i insult d women? Ok hear dis-y wuld u eat bats and monkeys when we al known dat half of waste land are witches and wizards and guess wot they turn 2 every nyt_ monkeys and bats. At least i av close relatives,do u? Are u nt an omo ale? Am very sure ur mom is nt livin wit ur dad. Go back 2 which place afta u don sel ur land 2 me abi i 4ce u? U ar simply a waste 4rm d wasteland. Y ar they complainin since we av strong ndi ofe lyk musu funfun dat arent scared of ebola. Nonsense

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Was Jonathan’s Re-election Plan Allalong / MEET The World’s 'poorest' President Who Lives On A Farm / INEC To Jail Presidential Candidates That Spend Above N1bn On Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.