Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,139 members, 7,953,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:43 PM

Paul: The False Apostle - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Paul: The False Apostle (4477 Views)

Certificate Saga: Apostle Suleiman's 2015 Prophecies: See No 47- / Myles Munroe The False Teacher Dies / Benny Hinn & Pat Robertson, The False Prophets Of The U.S 2012 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paul: The False Apostle by deScifa(m): 9:07pm On Aug 19, 2014
truthman2012:

You have only repeated here all you have once said.

I have some questions for you, which I expect you to honestly answer:

Was Paul persecuting the church before?

What made him to change and become persecuted?

Paul was killed for the course of the gospel, he never denied Christ. Would a man afford to die for the course he took to deceive?

Could Paul perform miracles before his conversion? What or who empowered him to do so (with proof) after his claimed conversion?

Can a man perform miracles without spiritual backing? What was his spiritual backing (with proof)?

Can a man speak against the plan of God (gospel) and still empowered with signs and wonders as a proof of his calling by God?

I believe you will discover your errors if you correctly and honestly answer the questions.

Paul was persecuting the followers of Jesus.
Did he change? What lead to is supposed change is only known to him and only him. Cos Paul was preaching his own Gospel..
In what book did he perform his miracles? what were the miracles?
Spiritual backing from where?
Re: Paul: The False Apostle by deScifa(m): 9:10pm On Aug 19, 2014
SonOfEl: OP, IT IS EITHER YOU ARE GAY, EXTREME FEMINIST, ATHEIST, OR JUST A NOISE MAKER SEEKING RELEVANCE. PAUL'S MSGS HAVE BEEN TESTED IN MY DAY TO DAY CHRISTIAN LIVING, AND U KNOW WHAT? HIS WORDS ARE DIVINE.

Oops! now u resort to name calling wink cheesy grin.....but thank u.
Re: Paul: The False Apostle by deScifa(m): 9:14pm On Aug 19, 2014
My Quote of the day
"If one needs a special spirit to discern written words of men.... Then the question arise... "who is fooling who.. "?"

1 Like

Re: Paul: The False Apostle by Kei144(m): 9:23pm On Aug 19, 2014
OP is actually a Muslim. Muslims know that if they can successfully discredit Apostle Paul, Christianity will collapse. But it is impossible.

1 Like

Re: Paul: The False Apostle by deScifa(m): 9:29pm On Aug 19, 2014
Kei144: OP is actually a Muslim. Muslims know that if they can successfully discredit Apostle Paul, Christianity will collapse. But it is impossible.

OMG! I'm loving this suddenly i'm the "GAY, EXTREME FEMINIST, ATHEIST" and now a Muslim? grin. Answer the Questions asked and stop throwing tantrum my dear tongue. Do you have any understanding of the aforementioned? Are you for Christ or for Paul? Where do u stand?

1 Like

Re: Paul: The False Apostle by thorpido(m): 10:28pm On Aug 19, 2014
deScifa:

lol he has a way of writing that makes people confused and therefore discredit him?....that he mentioned himself as an Apostle and was only supported by only his friend/secretary Luke.? So Paul who got no teachings from the Apostles closest to Jesus knew more than Peter to say he was contradicting the gospel lol...pls wake up
What you wrote here shows you don't understand spiritual things.You are thinking logically.The 'most experienced has to be the first' line of thinking.
You are far from the knowledge of the truth.

I quoted 2 Peter 3:15-16 where Peter called Paul a beloved brother,yet you are still saying only Luke recognised Paul.Are you deliberately avoiding the truth?
Re: Paul: The False Apostle by thorpido(m): 10:45pm On Aug 19, 2014
Kei144: OP is actually a Muslim. Muslims know that if they can successfully discredit Apostle Paul, Christianity will collapse. But it is impossible.
Sure he is.Writing long letters without the understanding of scriptures.
Re: Paul: The False Apostle by davno: 11:08pm On Aug 19, 2014
I have no philosophical argument to make. What I do know is that in my journey of seeking the Lord, I have come to points where I disagreed with Paul, Peter, James and lots of contemporary pastors.

Jesus our savior is bigger than written accounts of men. In seeking him, a time will come when he becomes the sole focus. At that time, u will neither need Paul, James nor Peter.

1 Like

Re: Paul: The False Apostle by GooseBaba: 11:35pm On Aug 19, 2014
davno: I have no philosophical argument to make. What I do know is that in my journey of seeking the Lord, I have come to points where I disagreed with Paul, Peter, James and lots of contemporary pastors.

Jesus our savior is bigger than written accounts of men. In seeking him, a time will come when he becomes the sole focus. At that time, u will neither need Paul, James nor Peter.

Seeking the Lord... Smh.. undecided how do you seek one that is omnipresent..?

Abi, is he playing hide and seek.. Help me understand please...

1 Like

Re: Paul: The False Apostle by deScifa(m): 11:45pm On Aug 19, 2014
thorpido: What you wrote here shows you don't understand spiritual things.You are thinking logically.The 'most experienced has to be the first' line of thinking.

I quoted 2 Peter 3:15-16 where Peter called Paul a beloved brother,yet you are still saying only Luke recognised Paul.Are you deliberately avoiding the truth?

So i'm not suppose to think 'Logical' cheesy, i'm suppose to understand spiritual things shocked .....My brother to Understand the Gospel of Christ you will have to seek the truth and not just imagine them. How do u expect Peter to call Paul? Did Peter say that Paul's teachings were wrong? yes or no? Peter appointed Barnabas to follow Paul and teach him the ways of the Gospel but did Paul accept Barnabas has his teacher?
Re: Paul: The False Apostle by davno: 11:49pm On Aug 19, 2014
GooseBaba:

Seeking the Lord... Smh.. undecided how do you seek one that is omnipresent..?

Abi, is he playing hide and seek.. Help me understand please...

Omnipresent? Yes. But He is a spirit and makes Himself known only to those dt seek after Him.

Hide and seek? I think so too. I consider Him a game master.
Re: Paul: The False Apostle by deScifa(m): 11:59pm On Aug 19, 2014
Paul's Teachings

'PAUL' CURSED JESUS CHRIST AND HIS APOSTLES AND DISCIPLES

" If we or an angel from heaven preach ANY OTHER GOSPEL to you than what we (Paul and his followers) have preached to you LET HIM BE A CURSE"
(Gal 1:18)

There was a distinction even back then with the disciples of Jesus and Paul and "his" followers. Barnabas and Mark both followed Paul at one time and then left him and went back to the disciples. Barnabas was sent by the Apostle Peter to travel with Paul and teach Paul the ways and teachings of Jesus, but Paul wasn't going to play second fiddle to anyone and usurped the authority of Barnabas and taught what he wanted to teach. How many ever knew that Paul was suppose to be subservient to Barnabas?

The devil 'PAUL' BLASPHEMOUSLY BOASTED

"For I BECAME YOUR FATHER"
(1 Corinthians 4:15)

"Indeed I PAUL say to you that IF ANYONE BECOME CIRCUMCISED Christ will profit you nothing " (Gal. 5:2).

too bad Paul! The circumcision was a sign of the covenant between Israel and God and you're lie was exposed for what it was! Another false "divine revelation!"

YET, despite his assertion that 'Christ will profit you nothing', 'Paul' himself, HYPOCRITICALLY " took TIMOTHY and CIRCUMCISED HIM "
(Acts 16:3).

"I ('PAUL') testify to the gospel of the grace of god...ANOTHER GOSPEL...ALL THINGS ARE LAWFUL "
(Acts 20:24. 2 Corinthians 11:4. 1 Corinthians 10:23).

"PERVERTING THE GRACE OF OUR GOD INTO LAWLESSNESS EVEN DENYING THE ONLY LORD GOD (THE FATHER) AND JESUS CHRIST (THE FATHER'S SON)"
(Jude 4. 1 John 2:22)

Now Paul declares it's ok to eat meat sacrificed to idols

" For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than THESE NECESSARY THINGS:
That you ABSTAIN FROM MEATS offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled and from fornication..."
(Acts 15:28:29)
" But I (Jesus) have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a STUMBLING BLOCK before the children of Israel, TO EAT THINGS SACRIFICED TO IDOLS "
(Revelation 2:14)

" I ( PAUL ) have laid a FOUNDATION...the FOUNDATION OF APOSTLES AND PROPHETS "

( 1 Cor.3:10. Eph 2:20 The words of PSALM 68:18 read "HE (ALMIGHTY GOD) RECEIVED gifts FROM men" (Psalm 68:18)

'Paul' TOOK AWAY FROM the words of Psalm 68:18 and changed them to read "he GAVE gifts TO men" (Ephesians 4:cool

"MANY WILL COME USING MY NAME SAYING:
'I AM THE MESSIAH, RABBI, PASTOR, TEACHER'
(Matthew 24:5. Matthew 23:8,10)

" JESUS said to them " I SAW SATAN FALL, LIKE LIGHTNING, FROM HEAVEN"
(Luke 10:18)

"So the great DRAGON was cast out FROM HEAVEN, that SERPENT of old called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; HE WAS CAST TO THE EARTH AND HIS ANGELS WERE CAST OUT WITH HIM "
(Revelation 12:9. Matthew 13:39)

" As SAUL journeyed he came near Damascus and suddenly A LIGHT FROM HEAVEN (LIGHTNING) shone around him and he fell to the ground"
(Acts 9:3,4)

'PAUL' A MURDERER

Paul BOASTED about being the persecutor of the Jews.

He NEVER Repented or sought their forgiveness.

Or God's!

JESUS said " He was a MURDERER from the beginning "
(John 8:44)
"He shall PERSECUTE the saints of The Most HIGH"
(Daniel 7:25)
"SAUL was in hearty agreement with putting Stephen to death. And on that day a GREAT PERSECUTION began against the church in Jerusalem, and they were all scattered throughout the regions of Judea and Samaria, except the apostles".
"But SAUL began ravaging the church, entering house after house, and dragging off men and women, he would put them in prison".
" SAUL breathing THREATS and MURDER against the disciples of The Lord "
(Acts 8:1-3. 9:1 )

JESUS quoted "TWO COMMANDMENTS" requiring (1) LOVE OF GOD,THE FATHER and (2) LOVE OF NEIGHBOR:

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shall love THE LORD THY GOD with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is THE FIRST and great commandment. And the SECOND is like unto it. Thou shall love THY NEIGHBOR as thyself. On these TWO commandments hang ALL THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS".
(Matthew 22:37-40).

The devil 'Paul' showed his HATRED FOR GOD, THE FATHER by teaching THE LIE:

"For ALL THE LAW is fulfilled in ONE WORD, even in this: Thou shall love THY NEIGHBOR (no LOVE FOR GOD) as thyself"
(Galatians 5:14. Romans 13:9)

" ALL THINGS are PERMISSIBLE"
(1 Corinthians 6:12)

Because the devil 'Paul' taught the REMOVAL of the first FOUR of the TEN COMMANDMENTS which require LOVE OF GOD, THE FATHER; Christians have sought to corrupt the same FIRST FOUR COMMANDMENTS by (1) substituting 'trinity' instead of GOD,THE FATHER THE ONLY TRUE GOD (2)completely REMOVING THE SECOND and (3) TRAMPLE ON THE THIRD and (4)SUBSTITUTED 'Sunday' the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK for THE SABBATH (SEVENTH DAY) (ALTERATIONS IN TIMES)

'PAUL' BOASTED THAT HE WAS EQUAL TO JESUS CHRIST

THE ANTICHRIST 'PAUL' BOASTED " In nothing was I behind THE MOST EMINENT (JESUS CHRIST)...IN SIGNS AND WONDERS AND MIGHTY DEEDS " (2 Cor. 12:11)

' PAUL ' BOASTED THAT HE WAS HOLIER THAN JESUS CHRIST

" IF ANYONE ELSE thinks he has confidence in the flesh I (PAUL) MORE SO,
" concerning the RIGHTEOUSNESS which is in THE LAW I (PAUL) AM BLAMELESS "
(Phil. 3:6)

Does the aforementioned need any 'spiritual understanding'?
Re: Paul: The False Apostle by thorpido(m): 6:41am On Aug 20, 2014
deScifa:

So i'm not suppose to think 'Logical' cheesy, i'm suppose to understand spiritual things shocked .....My brother to Understand the Gospel of Christ you will have to seek the truth and not just imagine them. How do u expect Peter to call Paul? Did Peter say that Paul's teachings were wrong? yes or no? Peter appointed Barnabas to follow Paul and teach him the ways of the Gospel but did Paul accept Barnabas has his teacher?
You're dealing with a religious topic and you are still saying you want to think logical.It shows how much you don't understand.No wonder you prefer long letters.

'Ever learning but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth'(2 Tim.3:7)
Re: Paul: The False Apostle by deScifa(m): 10:34am On Aug 20, 2014
thorpido: You're dealing with a religious topic and you are still saying you want to think logical.It shows how much you don't understand.No wonder you prefer long letters.

'Ever learning but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth'(2 Tim.3:7)

Who wrote Timothy? Stop quoting from Paul and his disciples. So cos its a religious topic u should damn every reasoning, your delusion is second to non.

Jeremiah 29:13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.
1 John 1:6 - If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
Proverbs 14:18 - The simple inherit folly: but the prudent are crowned with knowledge.
Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given to you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you.

Non of this passages ask u to imagine but seek the truth my friend.

1 Like

Re: Paul: The False Apostle by deScifa(m): 10:51am On Aug 20, 2014
PAUL IDENTIFIED BY THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST 666
( Revelation 13:18 )

" Here is wisdom. Let him that has understanding reckon the NUMBER OF THE BEAST, for it is THE NUMBER OF A MAN; and HIS number is six hundred and sixty six (666)."
(Revelation 13:18)
In HEBREW the number 666 is identified by the HEBREW LETTERS TRSV;
T=400, R=200, S=60, V=6 Which TOTAL 666.
TRSV is pronounced TARSU.
(NOTE: In Scripture the PLACE OF ORIGIN IDENTIFIES the person; eg "Jesus of Nazareth", "Joseph of Arimathea", "Paul of Tarsu".
"PAUL OF TARSU(TRSV)" is identified by THE NUMBER 666.

LIKEWISE IN THE GREEK

THE NUMBER 666 is the sum of the numerical value of the Greek Letters in the Greek word LATEINOS, which means " THE LATIN MAN ".
THE GREEK WORD L A T E I N O S
THE GREEK NUMERIC VALUE 30 1 300 5 10 50 70 200 = 666

The association of "Lateinos" with 666 was acknowledged, with great embarrassment, by the historian IRENAEUS (ca. 130-202 A.D.),in his document 'Against Heresies', "For the Latins are they who at present bear rule...this being the name of the last kingdom (of the four seen by Daniel)...I will not, however, make any boast over this (coincidence)...".

The COWARD 'PAUL' identified himself as
" a man that is a Roman "
(Acts 22:25)

in order to escape persecution and death.

'Paul' " a man that is a Roman " is " The Latin Man ".
IS " THE NUMBER OF HIS NAME "
(Revelation 13:18).

IN BOTH the HEBREW and THE GREEK THE NUMBER OF HIS NAME IS 666

'PAUL' THE FIRST CHRISTIAN POPE
As foretold by JESUS, when THE DEVIL, THE ANTICHRIST, THE ABOMINATION WHICH MAKES DESOLTATE, AND FALSE APOSTLE 'PAUL' had FOUNDED CHRISTIANITY, "HE WENT AWAY"(Matthew 13:25) to ROME.

Having secured safe passage,under the patronage of CAESAR, he was taken to to ROME, under the pretense of being a prisoner.
Upon arrival at Rome 'Paul' was installed in a luxurious villa where
" he was allowed to stay by himself, with the soldier who was guarding him (for his own protection)"
(Acts 27:1. 28:16).
This "soldier" was the very first of the " Vatican guards " supplied by CAESAR to provide protection to 'Paul' and his papal successors.
Everyone of the christian Popes, who have since succeeded the first Pope 'Paul', to the office of the papacy, are identified by the same NUMBER OF THE BEAST (666). Like 'PAUL' the Christian Popes BLASPHEMOUSLY claim the Titles "HOLY FATHER" and 'vicar of Christ (instead of Christ); which is inscribed on their tiaras.
Fundamentalism, p. 104, Harper San Francisco, 1991)
Re: Paul: The False Apostle by Mintayo(m): 11:35am On Aug 20, 2014
Na wa o,see as i waste my time to read all these lies sha. Knowing that the Op isn't a christain clears all doubts!
Re: Paul: The False Apostle by thorpido(m): 12:25pm On Aug 20, 2014
deScifa:

Who wrote Timothy? Stop quoting from Paul and his disciples. So cos its a religious topic u should damn every reasoning, your delusion is second to non.

Jeremiah 29:13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.
1 John 1:6 - If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
Proverbs 14:18 - The simple inherit folly: but the prudent are crowned with knowledge.
Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given to you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you.

Non of this passages ask u to imagine but seek the truth my friend.
See who's talking about delusion?You just pack scriptures together yet you're talking about delusion.
Your answer is in 2 Peter3:15-16.Peter was a close disciple of Jesus Christ.
You're a muslim so I understand why you're this deluded.
Re: Paul: The False Apostle by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 1:25pm On Aug 20, 2014
Paul was a power hungry terrorist, I believe he thought of himself as superior to the others, hence the fact he never obeyed or followed their orders..was he not a Greek? Or something like that ?
Re: Paul: The False Apostle by truthman2012(m): 1:37pm On Aug 20, 2014
deScifa:

Paul was persecuting the followers of Jesus.
Did he change? What lead to is supposed change is only known to him and only him. Cos Paul was preaching his own Gospel..
In what book did he perform his miracles? what were the miracles?
Spiritual backing from where?

No miracles performed by Paul you said?

Now I see! It is because you and other critics of Paul do not know him well. No wonder you are saying what you are saying. Even Muhammad who the muslims regard as high and great prophet could not heal ordinary headache. He ate poison without knowing and yet they do not heap up accusations against him despite his deeds. They believe him as a prophet. But here is Paul who did great exploits for the Lord but hated so much by the spiritually ignorant.

Now tell me, could a man without God's approval do all these? Then, since he had God's approval, men's judgments and opinions matter nothing in the sight of God. All you are doing only amounts to a waste of time:

Paul raised Eutychus from death in Troas
Acts 20:8
And there were many lights in the upper chamber, where they were gathered together.

Acts 20:9
And there sat in a window a certain young man named Eutychus, being fallen into a deep sleep: and as Paul was long preaching, he sunk down with sleep, and fell down from the third loft, and was taken up dead.

Acts 20:10
And Paul went down, and fell on him, and embracing him said, Trouble not yourselves; for his life is in him.

Acts 20:11
When he therefore was come up again, and had broken bread, and eaten, and talked a long while, even till break of day, so he departed.

Acts 20:12
And they brought the young man alive, and were not a little comforted.

Paul blinded Elymus:
Acts 13:8
But Elymas the sorcerer (for so is his name by interpretation) withstood them, seeking to turn away the deputy from the faith.

Acts 13:9
Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him.

Acts 13:10
And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

Acts 13:11
And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness; and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand.

Acts 13:12
Then the deputy, when he saw what was done, believed, being astonished at the doctrine of the Lord.

Paul healed a crippled man:
Acts 14:8
And there sat a certain man at Lystra, impotent in his feet, being a cripple from his mother's womb, who never had walked:

Acts 14:9
The same heard Paul speak: who stedfastly beholding him, and perceiving that he had faith to be healed,

Acts 14:10
Said with a loud voice, Stand upright on thy feet. And he leaped and walked.

Acts 14:11
And when the people saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voices, saying in the speech of Lycaonia, The gods are come down to us in the likeness of men.

Acts 14:12
And they called Barnabas, Jupiter; and Paul, Mercurius, because he was the chief speaker.

Acts 14:13
Then the priest of Jupiter, which was before their city, brought oxen and garlands unto the gates, and would have done sacrifice with the people.

Acts 14:14
Which when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of, they rent their clothes, and ran in among the people, crying out,

Acts 14:15
And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein:

Acts 14:16
Who in times past suffered all nations to walk in their own ways.

Acts 14:17
Nevertheless he left not himself without witness, in that he did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness.

Acts 14:18
And with these sayings scarce restrained they the people, that they had not done sacrifice unto them.

Paul healed a woman possessed by evil spirit:
Acts 16:17
The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.

Acts 16:18
And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

The miraculous earthquake
Acts 16:25
And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.

Acts 16:26
And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.

Paul performed other miracles in Ephesus
Acts 19:11
And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul:

Acts 19:12
So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.

Paul not affected by viper at Melita
Acts 28:3
And when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks, and laid them on the fire, there came a viper out of the heat, and fastened on his hand.

Acts 28:4
And when the barbarians saw the venomous beast hang on his hand, they said among themselves, No doubt this man is a murderer, whom, though he hath escaped the sea, yet vengeance suffereth not to live.

Acts 28:5
And he shook off the beast into the fire, and felt no harm.

Acts 28:6
Howbeit they looked when he should have swollen, or fallen down dead suddenly: but after they had looked a great while, and saw no harm come to him, they changed their minds, and said that he was a god.
Re: Paul: The False Apostle by macof(m): 2:06pm On Aug 20, 2014
truthman2012:

Who appointed you a judge over Paul? Your judgement amounts to nothing in the sight of God. Who told you Rev 2:2 was referring to Paul? ''THOSE who say THEY are apostles'' does not connote a single man. Your conclusion that it is referring to Paul is erroneous. Many apostles were raised after Jesus had left and some of them the Spirit found to be false.

Paul played his part in this world and left indelible marks. Great signs and wonders characterized his ministry with the backing of his caller, God. With all the accusations against him and hatred for him by the people who know not the true God, the truth remains that he had evidences to show that the hand of God was upon him. He did what no man can do without the approval of God. Since God approved of him, who are you to condemn him.

What have you achieved for God? Paul was a human like you, what impact have you made in the world? How many people will talk about you after you are gone?

Nobody with the Spirit of God can talk ill of Paul and that shows the type of spirit that dwells in you.
It is a satanic device to discredit the writings of Paul. Those used by satan to criticize him only know the letters and not the spirit of his writings. They by so doing think they can pull down Christianity. Not possible. It is an excercise in futility.

Keep trying, you own your time to waste. Smh!

Is this how you consider a man of God?
Popularity, fame and achievements??

Then Alexander the Great, Julio Caesar, Homer, Aristotle, Einstein, Hitler are all men of God as they achieved much more than Paul could dream of. And people would still remember their Great works for thousands of years to come

1 Like

Re: Paul: The False Apostle by macof(m): 2:18pm On Aug 20, 2014
SonOfEl: OP, IT IS EITHER YOU ARE GAY, EXTREME FEMINIST, ATHEIST, OR JUST A NOISE MAKER SEEKING RELEVANCE. PAUL'S MSGS HAVE BEEN TESTED IN MY DAY TO DAY CHRISTIAN LIVING, AND U KNOW WHAT? HIS WORDS ARE DIVINE.

You should also test the words of guru Maharaj
Re: Paul: The False Apostle by macof(m): 2:25pm On Aug 20, 2014
truthman2012: The devil is always striving to discredit Paul because of the feat he achieved through the grace of God upon his life. Anyone that is against Paul is an anti-christ.
the lying Christians often try to discredit king Saul, something the Jews don't even do.
Saul achieved much more than Paul
anyone that is against Saul is an enemy of reason
Re: Paul: The False Apostle by macof(m): 2:32pm On Aug 20, 2014
Mintayo: Na wa o,see as i waste my time to read all these lies sha. Knowing that the Op isn't a christain clears all doubts!

As a Christian is a person content with living in lies.
A Christian never asks questions or answers questions because he doesn't want to know the truth or give the truth
Ask you pastors why they didn't tell you Yahweh is at his best on mountains

1 Like

Re: Paul: The False Apostle by macof(m): 2:34pm On Aug 20, 2014
deScifa:

Yes Paul was never part of the early Apostles, When we read the epistles attributed to Paul or even the book of Acts many red flags seem to appear. For starters, Paul began by arresting/persecuting Christians. In the book of Acts we are told Paul was present at the murder of a Stephen who was a known Christian. Acts goes on to tell us Paul experienced a conversion on his way to Damascus to further persecute Christians. This account is mentioned in 9:1-31, 22: 1-22, and 26: 9-24. This whole story is suspicious for a number of reasons. First, the way Jesus appears to Paul in the story is not biblical. Jesus always appeared in the flesh, not as a light as specified in Paul's supposed account. Second, the account given is contradictory. Verse 9:7 tells us the individuals traveling with Paul heard Jesus' voice but saw no one. Verse 22:9 tells us instead the individuals with Paul saw a light but did not hear Jesus' voice. Third, is the improbable claim that Paul was on his way to Damascus to round up Christians. This is very unlikely considering Damsacus was a predominantly pagan territory at the time under Nabataean control. Paul would have had no authority to round any one up. Fourth, where are those individuals that were with Paul to verify this incident? It surely would make it more believeable if there were witnesses.

In the New Testament Paul is referred to as an apostle 22 times. Only twice is this done by someone other than Paul himself. It is not from Jesus, or any of the original apostles(disciples), but from Paul's friend and personal press secretary Luke. It is obvious from reading the accounts of Paul, Acts for instance, that the disciples did not believe him to be one of them. There was obviously no love loss between the disciples and Paul.

Paul never knew Jesus
Re: Paul: The False Apostle by deScifa(m): 2:36pm On Aug 20, 2014
truthman2012:

Now I see! It is because you and other critics of Paul do not know him well. No wonder you are saying what you are saying. Even Muhammad who the muslims regard as high and great prophet could not heal ordinary headache. He ate poison without knowing and yet they do not heap up accusations against him despite his deeds. They believe him as a prophet. But here is Paul who did great exploits for the Lord but hated so much by the spiritually ignorant.

Now tell me, could a man without God's approval do all these? Then, since he had God's approval, men's judgments and opinions matter nothing in the sight of God. All you are doing only amounts to a waste of time:

And there were many lights in the upper chamber, where they were gathered together.

And there sat in a window a certain young man named Eutychus, being fallen into a deep sleep: and as Paul was long preaching, he sunk down with sleep, and fell down from the third loft, and was taken up dead.

And Paul went down, and fell on him, and embracing him said, Trouble not yourselves; for his life is in him.

When he therefore was come up again, and had broken bread, and eaten, and talked a long while, even till break of day, so he departed.

Paul blinded Elymus:
But Elymas the sorcerer (for so is his name by interpretation) withstood them, seeking to turn away the deputy from the faith.

Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him.

And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness; and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand.

Then the deputy, when he saw what was done, believed, being astonished at the doctrine of the Lord.

And there sat a certain man at Lystra, impotent in his feet, being a cripple from his mother's womb, who never had walked:

The same heard Paul speak: who stedfastly beholding him, and perceiving that he had faith to be healed,

And when the people saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voices, saying in the speech of Lycaonia, The gods are come down to us in the likeness of men.

And they called Barnabas, Jupiter; and Paul, Mercurius, because he was the chief speaker.

Then the priest of Jupiter, which was before their city, brought oxen and garlands unto the gates, and would have done sacrifice with the people.

Which when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of, they rent their clothes, and ran in among the people, crying out,

And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein:

Nevertheless he left not himself without witness, in that he did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness.

And with these sayings scarce restrained they the people, that they had not done sacrifice unto them.

The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.

And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.

And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.

So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.

And when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks, and laid them on the fire, there came a viper out of the heat, and fastened on his hand.

And when the barbarians saw the venomous beast hang on his hand, they said among themselves, No doubt this man is a murderer, whom, though he hath escaped the sea, yet vengeance suffereth not to live.

Howbeit they looked when he should have swollen, or fallen down dead suddenly: but after they had looked a great while, and saw no harm come to him, they changed their minds, and said that he was a god.

Who wrote Act of Apostle? Luke who is Pauls friend and Secretary. Tell me any where else in the Bible aside from Paul and his disciples scripts where Paul performed miracle? who were their witness(es)? wink
Re: Paul: The False Apostle by macof(m): 2:37pm On Aug 20, 2014
Lilimax: You may think you've read the Bible in and out but NOT.
I want to tell you that you're just reading the letter but have not contacted the Spirit behind the Word of God .undecided

The letter kills but the spirit gives life (2 Corinthians 3:6) smiley
thorpido: What you wrote here shows you don't understand spiritual things.You are thinking logically The 'most experienced has to be the first' line of thinking.

shocked so a man must seek a spirit and reject logic to understand words written by ordinary men

Jeez! These Christians are as dumb as dogs
Re: Paul: The False Apostle by deScifa(m): 2:41pm On Aug 20, 2014
macof:

Paul never knew Jesus

And did not receive teachings from Apostle Barnabas who was appointed to guide him grin.
Re: Paul: The False Apostle by deScifa(m): 2:47pm On Aug 20, 2014
Carl Sagan (Scientist; Author)

"My long-time view about Christianity is that it represents an amalgam of two seemingly immiscible parts--the religion of Jesus and the religion of Paul. Thomas Jefferson attempted to excise the Pauline parts of the New Testament. There wasn't much left when he was done, but it was an inspiring document." (Letter to Ken Schei [author of Christianity Betrayed and An Atheists for Jesus])

Thomas Jefferson
"Paul was the first corrupter of the doctrines of Jesus." (All references not listed here, can be found in Christianity Betrayed)

Albert Schweitzer
"Where possible Paul avoids quoting the teaching of Jesus, in fact even mentioning it. If we had to rely on Paul, we should not know that Jesus taught in parables, had delivered the sermon on the mount, and had taught His disciples the 'Our Father.' Even where they are specially relevant, Paul passes over the words of the Lord."

Wil Durant (Philospher)
"Paul created a theology of which none but the vaguest warrants can be found in the words of Christ."
"Fundamentalism is the triumph of Paul over Christ."

Walter Kaufmann (Professor of Philosophy, Princeton)
"Paul substituted faith in Christ for the Christlike life."

George Bernard Shaw
"No sooner had Jesus knocked over the dragon of superstition than Paul boldly set it on its legs again in the name of Jesus."

Thomas Hardy
"The new testament was less a Christiad than a Pauliad."

Hyam Maccoby (Talmudic Scholar)
"As we have seen, the purposes of the book of Acts is to minimize the conflict between Paul and the leaders of the Jerusalem Church, James and Peter. Peter and Paul, in later Christian tradition, became twin saints, brothers in faith, and the idea that they were historically bitter opponents standing for irreconcilable religious standpoints would have been repudiated with horror. The work of the author of Acts was well done; he rescued Christianity from the imputation of being the individual creation of Paul, and instead gave it a respectable pedigree, as a doctrine with the authority of the so-called Jerusalem Church, conceived as continuous in spirit with the Pauline Gentile Church of Rome. Yet, for all his efforts, the truth of the matter is not hard to recover, if we examine the New Testament evidence with an eye to tell-tale inconsistencies and confusions, rather than with the determination to gloss over and harmonize all difficulties in the interests of an orthodox interpretation." (The Mythmaker, p. 139, Weidenfeld and Nicolson, London, 1986)

Jeremy Bentham (English Philosopher)
"If Christianity needed an Anti-Christ, they needed look no farther than Paul." (Paraphrased. Looking for a copy of "Not Paul, but Jesus" in order to retrieve the exact quote.)

Carl Jung (Psychologist)
"Paul hardly ever allows the real Jesus of Nazareth to get a word in." (U.S. News and World Report, April 22, 1991, p. 55)

Bishop John S. Spong (Episcopal Bishop of Newark)
"Paul's words are not the Words of God. They are the words of Paul- a vast difference." (Rescuing the Bible from Fundamentalism, p. 104, Harper San Francisco, 1991)
Re: Paul: The False Apostle by deScifa(m): 2:49pm On Aug 20, 2014
truthman2012:

Paul blinded Elymus:

So you expect me to trust someone who avoids quoting the teaching of Jesus, in fact even mentioning it. If we had to rely on Paul, we should not know that Jesus taught in parables, had delivered the sermon on the mount, and had taught His disciples the 'Our Father.' Even where they are specially relevant, Paul passes over the words of the Jesus and that of God. so?
Re: Paul: The False Apostle by thorpido(m): 3:31pm On Aug 20, 2014
macof:

shocked so a man must seek a spirit and reject logic to understand words written by ordinary men

Jeez! These Christians are as dumb as dogs
Even if you were not a Christian,common sense should tell you that religion does not follow logical lines especially one that is faith-based as christianity.
Dogs are not dumb creatures.There are some that have been shown to take care of disabled people.

You can see you are the one showing yourself as dumb,lacking intelligence.
You are as dumb as a doorknob.
Re: Paul: The False Apostle by truthman2012(m): 3:48pm On Aug 20, 2014
deScifa:

Who wrote Act of Apostle? Luke who is Pauls friend and Secretary. Tell me any where else in the Bible aside from Paul and his disciples scripts where Paul performed miracle? who were their witness(es)? wink

You are a biased judge with subjective judgements. You believe the long essay you copied on the internet coined against Paul, using his writings. You believe Paul's words when quoted to oppose him but you don't believe the same Paul's words when they are to his credit.

It is people like you who think they can pull Christianity down that can take you seriously. Your exercise is total futility.

Jesus said '' I will build my church and the GATES of hell shall not prevail against it'' (Mat. 16:18).

Nothing, not even satan's direct attack (no gates) can
pull down the Church of Jesus. Your efforts is so minute when compared to what haters of the gospel had done from generations to generations, yet they failed.

If don't believe Paul, do you believe other apostles? I know your answer is 'NO'. It shows your problem is not Paul but the Gospel of Jesus.

If you don't believe Paul, do you believe in Jesus? I know your answer is 'NO'. It shows your problem is not Paul but the Lord's Gospel.

Keep wasting your time. Smh!
Re: Paul: The False Apostle by macof(m): 4:13pm On Aug 20, 2014
thorpido: Even if you were not a Christian,common sense should tell you that religion does not follow logical lines especially one that is faith-based as christianity.
Dogs are not dumb creatures.There are some that have been shown to take care of disabled people.

You can see you are the one showing yourself as dumb,lacking intelligence.
You are as dumb as a doorknob.

Oh believe me when I say Christians are as dumb as dogs.
Dogs are of lesser intelligence than normal humans, Christians are of lesser intelligence than normal humans

Believing in flying horses, talking snakes and donkeys, virgin pregnancy, Sun rotating around the earth, Sun stopping for a day, moon and Sun created on the same day etc.

You all need psychological help.

Anything that rejects logic and the gift intelligence is not worth it.
There are many religions that are built on the urge to acquire knowledge but christianity and Islam would rather have u be as dumb as a monkey

What has christianity and Islam done to Africa? sad Africans used to be better than this.

May our ancestors save us from the destruction of our land and identity

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

September 23, 2015 Something Strange Is Going To Happen On That Day. / HELP!!! i am suffering from lust in my dreams / Photos From Archbishop Benson Idahosa 20years Memorial Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.