Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,591 members, 7,955,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:51 PM

Honeymoon Is It A Mans Responsibility Or Both Couple - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Honeymoon Is It A Mans Responsibility Or Both Couple (2117 Views)

Should A Woman Fix Her Mans Plate First... Or Her Children's ??? ( Photo ) / Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? / Who's Responsibility Is It To Teach Sex Education? Parents Or Schools? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honeymoon Is It A Mans Responsibility Or Both Couple by Tymax(m): 7:41pm On Aug 19, 2014
Godmystrength: [s]rules in deed. even poor man sef make rules so whats d biggie? U must know a lot of women. Change ur company.[/s]
Re: Honeymoon Is It A Mans Responsibility Or Both Couple by Godmystrength: 7:47pm On Aug 19, 2014
Re: Honeymoon Is It A Mans Responsibility Or Both Couple by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 19, 2014
Tymax:
Dreamer
....yeah!!...**speakn in Tymax's voice**.....David was a dreamer too....n he accomplished his dreams...
Re: Honeymoon Is It A Mans Responsibility Or Both Couple by Godmystrength: 7:57pm On Aug 19, 2014
Tymax: .
i am trying to tell you that you don't need money
to make rules. What happens when you are broke and your wife is taking
care, then will she now tell you that her money, her rules? Will you
like that?
Re: Honeymoon Is It A Mans Responsibility Or Both Couple by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 19, 2014
Godmystrength: i am trying to tell you that you don't need money
to make rules. What happens when you are broke and your wife is taking
care, then will she now tell you that her money, her rules? Will you
like that?

Let's be realistic. Money makes the world go round. Those who hold financial power will most likely and most frequently make the rules.

I am not saying how it should be, I am just saying how it is.

1 Like

Re: Honeymoon Is It A Mans Responsibility Or Both Couple by Godmystrength: 8:17pm On Aug 19, 2014
^^^so
why is it that women that have the financial power and making the rules
are most times seen as not submissive, proud and arrogant?
Re: Honeymoon Is It A Mans Responsibility Or Both Couple by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 19, 2014
Godmystrength: ^^^so
why is it that women that have the financial power and making the rules
are most times seen as not submissive, proud and arrogant?

Men are not used to women having financial power. It's new, especially in this part of the world.

2 Likes

Re: Honeymoon Is It A Mans Responsibility Or Both Couple by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 19, 2014
carefreewannabe:
You don't have your own head? Just asking.

Hahahahaaa, this is funny.
@ Post, for me its a joint responsibility start to finish. Save and budget together, it is more responsible and respectful.

I see sisters wanting a destination wedding and bringing in zero contribution then would later start shouting about being disrespected.

We should jejerly cut our coat according to our cloth.

3 Likes

Re: Honeymoon Is It A Mans Responsibility Or Both Couple by okotv(m): 9:36pm On Aug 19, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Let's be realistic. Money makes the world go round. Those who hold financial power will most likely and most frequently make the rules.

I am not saying how it should be, I am just saying how it is.
now i know why you comment the way you do..you have money...lots of it....make the rules jare but its your own life sha cause you will dance to the tune of your own music
Re: Honeymoon Is It A Mans Responsibility Or Both Couple by beau49: 11:15am On Aug 20, 2014
@ Carefreewannabe those posts of yours killed me . cheesy cheesy cheesy **wipes tears from eyes** ###@topic it should e a joint effort but if one party is more financially buoyant than the other,then he/she can take it upon him/herself.
Re: Honeymoon Is It A Mans Responsibility Or Both Couple by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 20, 2014
beau49: @ Carefreewannabe those posts of yours killed me . cheesy cheesy cheesy **wipes tears from eyes** ###@topic it should e a joint effort but if one party is more financially buoyant than the other,then he/she can take it upon him/herself.

cheesy cheesy
Re: Honeymoon Is It A Mans Responsibility Or Both Couple by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 20, 2014
okotv: now i know why you comment the way you do..you have money...lots of it....make the rules jare but its your own life sha cause you will dance to the tune of your own music

Huh
Re: Honeymoon Is It A Mans Responsibility Or Both Couple by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 20, 2014
Godmystrength: I don't know whose responsibility it is.

same here. Honeymoon was in our house o grin.... No money for that o. After getting accommodation, setting the place and spending for the wedding, no money to spare for honeymoon again. We were using our money for some other things.......
same here also,we celebrated ours in our bedroom.
Re: Honeymoon Is It A Mans Responsibility Or Both Couple by okotv(m): 3:36pm On Aug 20, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Huh
hmmmm....to be continued
Re: Honeymoon Is It A Mans Responsibility Or Both Couple by fragrant(f): 8:01pm On Aug 21, 2014
Tnx all I appreciate ur contribution bt wat if d guy doesn't want it nd d lady does want a honey guess dey shld both contribute
Re: Honeymoon Is It A Mans Responsibility Or Both Couple by baralatie(m): 10:01pm On Aug 21, 2014
for me it after the programme,
straight i n the car,
off to honey spot,
phones off for three days!!!
why?
since I was kid I was not comfortable with gbeborun around my first night with the woman I love.
honeymoon song Lionel Richie
think I should have more often!
Re: Honeymoon Is It A Mans Responsibility Or Both Couple by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 22, 2014
@fragrant, there are no laid down rules. Do whatever float your ship. If you, like most ladies want it and he does not, provided you know he can afford it convince him and go for it with you supporting where need be. I dont get it when peeps say the financial responsiblity must be shared and lettered from dating to marriage. If it works for you fine, it must not be the yardstick. We are Africans where the major provider is the man(even the men are threatened where not so) and will be so atleast for a long time. My point exactly is that these same peeps dont share and time-tabled domestic work from dating to marriage in their homes, the man helps the woman here just like the woman should with finances(not their basic/must roles). Some even go as far as asking what a woman does with her money, if she wants her man to buy clothes for her, what is wrong with this(which woman doesnt relish that one bought by her man). Even here in Africa the woman most times can only dictate the rules if her man doesnt have anything at all, if he has little to care for only himself he is most likely not worse than his fellow average african man.
Re: Honeymoon Is It A Mans Responsibility Or Both Couple by Mystiqme: 5:13pm On Aug 22, 2014
carefreewannabe:
So this is why he has to pay?
And if the head tells you that you have to pay, will you?
This is actually a good point.

1 Like

Re: Honeymoon Is It A Mans Responsibility Or Both Couple by fragrant(f): 12:21am On Aug 23, 2014
Yeah I get ur point tnx a lot its helpful
Floodgater: @fragrant, there are no laid down rules. Do whatever float your ship. If you, like most ladies want it and he does not, provided you know he can afford it convince him and go for it with you supporting where need be. I dont get it when peeps say the financial responsiblity must be shared and lettered from dating to marriage. If it works for you fine, it must not be the yardstick. We are Africans where the major provider is the man(even the men are threatened where not so) and will be so atleast for a long time. My point exactly is that these same peeps dont share and time-tabled domestic work from dating to marriage in their homes, the man helps the woman here just like the woman should with finances(not their basic/must roles). Some even go as far as asking what a woman does with her money, if she wants her man to buy clothes for her, what is wrong with this(which woman doesnt relish that one bought by her man). Even here in Africa the woman most times can only dictate the rules if her man doesnt have anything at all, if he has little to care for only himself he is most likely not worse than his fellow average african man.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does God Predetermines Whom you Marry? MY OPINION!!! / A Painful Decision That I Made, Someone Should Please Help / Couple Recreates A Perfect Picture Of Adam And Eve In Pre-wedding Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.