Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment (27834 Views)

Jonathan’s Govt Provoked Soldiers Into Mutiny —buhari / Boko Haram Soldiers Abandon Masters, Bury Weapons In Forest – Army / Boko Haram, Soldiers In Gun Battle In Yobe Town - Daily Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by atlwireles: 7:25pm On Aug 19, 2014
HAH:

I know most people on nairaland are young people but in all modesty am not a youth again, I don't know you but I don't want to open my cover to you,

And I can tell you in all confidence that the problem with the Nigerian military in its war against Boko Haram is morale, No one want to die for Nigeria

Fair enough, we are both not youths. I remember clearly, when troops were sent to Liberia, the same thing happened. These were men that fought in the civil war. They started resigning from the army, because they were not ready to return in coffins as many that went there.. Most people never heard about it, because it never made the news. There is always desertion in the army, but this level of propaganda is what I dislike.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by Horlawoomey(m): 7:32pm On Aug 19, 2014
jteku: Got this from AUGUSTINE on BEEGEAGLE BLOG.

Nigeria is fighting rag tag insurgents, mostly illiterate men who have never been to world class military academies in Europe….and we are sweating like this?

What if Nigeria is fighting Sudan, Ethiopia, or Algeria ?

Our soldiers will run to hide inside water bore hole ?

Boko Haram has exposed the weaknesses of Nigerian military.

1. Poor equipment and obsolete weapons
2. Outdated public relations management policy, principles and methodology
3. Insufficient or very low number of weapons/equipment
4. Financial corruption and greed
5. Selfishness and mediocre patriotism
6. Poor foresight
7. Weak communication, command, and control
8. Bad supply chain management
9. Wrong procurement priorities and choices
10. Faulty doctrine, combat tactics, and war strategy

If Nigerian military goes to war in this condition, Algeria will pound us into humiliating surrender, and Chad will shock us to the point of calling ECOWAS/AU/UN for peace negotiations.

========================================================

The perplexing question….

Is Nigerian military well equipped ?

The shameful answer….

NO.

Any proof ? Of course yes !

I leave out the Navy, they are winning their own war against piracy with world class results.

Nigerian air force….F-7NI jets…flying coffins….mostly absent in battle….Invisible Super Tucano….mysterious 4th generation jet fighter we don’t see we don’t know….Helicopter gunships with no guided air to ground precision weapons….few numbers of scanty Mi-35 Hind….tired and overworked Alpha jets with no laser guided bombs….Mysterious MBB 339 jets and L-39 jets….two crashes in ‘training’ in wartime…..poorly guarded Air base invaded by terrorist.

I leave it there.

============================================================

Is the 150 year old Nigerian Army well equipped ?

Big NO !

Any proof ? Easy….

There are only two praise worthy weapons in Nigerian army…Palmaria and Bofors artillery guns.

Will they save us now ? No.

We dare not use Palmaria and Bofors on Gwoza, similar Israeli artillery used on Gaza against insurgents, killed 1,000 innocent women, children, men, and new born babies in 30 days !

Will Nigerian army kill innocent Nigerian ? You answer, not me,

Does Nigerian army have enough equipment/weapons to fight this Boko Haram war? No !

Nigerian army is built to fight conventional war, and we lack the exact type of equipment needed to fight unconventional war or terrorist insurgency.

Nigeria is about 4 times the size of Great Britain

North Eastern Nigeria alone is about the size of Great Britain

Great Britain is defended by an army of about 120,000 soldiers
Nigerian North East the size of Britain is defended by an army of about 30,000 men

British army defends their land with about 6,000 armoured vehicles
Nigerian army defends North East with (estimated) about 600 armoured vehicles

Be the judge, not me….I keep quiet

============================================================

The only infantry fighting vehicle in Nigeria army is BTR-3U, we have the poorly armed version that fails to pass NATO standard definition of IFV, we have 14.5mm machine guns on them instead of 20mm cannon…and we have only 47 units of BTR-3U IFV to defend about 250,000 Sq Km land in the north east, bigger than Great Britain !

Cobra APC is the most prominent and fastest armoured vehicle in Nigeria (Apart from Spartan Mk III that has unknown numbers in service, but I assure you we have very few, we hardly see them, it’s all Cobra and Toyota we see).

Nigerian Cobras are the poorest types, base versions, poorly armed and have no smoke dispensers to blind the Bokos in battle.

Cobras, we see with 5,56mm guns and 12.7mm guns, when manufacturer has built Cobra to carry 30mm auto multiple grenade launchers, 20mm cannon manual or remote control, anti-tank missile launchers, etc.

We have 203 Cobras officially.disclosed. Some overseas, peace keeping, some taken over by Boko Haram, some destroyed in Niger delta war, some destroyed in Boko war, many deployed in 30 other states of Nigeria, we see them in Lagos riot, Kaduna city, Abuja etc.

Likely we have about 100 Cobras in combat zone North East.

VBL is a designed to be a recce-scout car and not a combat platform, we have maybe 50 units in NE zone doing the job of a heavy IFV…with toy VBL ?

Those are the two most prominent ‘fighting vehicles’ we see in Boko war…..

Is Nigerian army well equipped ? No sir !

Has anyone counted how many Big Foot MRAPS and Spartan MK III APC we deployed in NE ?

They are not all over the place in large numbers. China is reported to plan for 10,000 mostly Big Foot MRAPS, for her 1.5 million man army.China is NOT at war.

Means Nigerian army should by 1,000 Big Foot MRAPS by comparing our size with China.

Do we have 1,000 MRAPS ? Any proof ? We are poorly equipped as an army, truth !

We are good at buying weapons is small numbers, Iraq bought 600 Cobras.

The photos of T-55 and Vickers MBT shows rusty metals, Shilka AAA unreliable, poorly armed Steyr APC shows the rusty metals we hate to see, the Sagaie Armoured vehicle is few in number we bought 46 units some ancient years ago, maybe 12 left in good service.

You call that an army in year 2014 to defend land bigger than Britain ?

Nigerian army in battle is more of a large number of men riding Toyota’s to go fight an entrenched enemy in a fortified strong hold prepared for about 30 days, Boko having 14.5mm to 23mm guns to shoot and kill us from 3km away, we die before we enter the fortress.

COIN war is a game of fire-power in general, and protection when attacking a fortified position or to survive ambush, one mumu terrorist can use AK-47 to kill a Colonel.

Boko RPG in Afghan war Vs USSR mode will use ‘soft part’ multiple hits to disable out few tanks, Bokos inside houses, hiding behind windows, RPG, Bokos on roof-tops with 14.5mm guns, mowing down our AK-47 infantry, tearing Toyots Hiulx apart, Vickers becomes vulnerable to targeted soft spot RPG and any likely Boko ATGM when there is no infantry support, tank commanders don’t see well, poor situation awareness you get from tanks without infantry support….dying infantry already retreating back to base falling under superior firepower of Boko Haram….wonder why they say we lost a tank…captured by Bokos? Vickers at 60 km/hr, Boko Toyota at 100 km/hr, tank commander retreating, Boko is faster, oga abandons tank, runs into bush or waves down our Toyota to rescue him with speed….back to base…uprooted in battle….Nigerian army fighting at home and getting beating blue black by half illiterates?

Am I done yet on equipment, No….I leave it till tomorrow

=======================================================

Is Nigerian army tactics bad? Yes !

Good weapons, poor tactics, you still lose battles like Ghaddafi’s Libya in the 1980s, best weapons in Africa those days, lost every war and every battle…Libya beaten by Chad.

How did Nigerian army march into Gwoza like kings hoping to win because they are Nigerian army? Do we have Recces? British recces crept at night from Atlantic ocean in small boats into Falkland Islands and destroyed Argentina’s air force at the airport, went back to sea safely….they had destroyed enemy air power to give the British army balance of power for army vs army ground war…they won !

British SAS, against Sierra Leone rebels called west side boys, British soldiers had been in the bush close range, with Binoculars for many days, I say many days, spying on the rebels, drawing maps of sentries, armoury, best weapons positions, and daily routine of the enemy….then on D-Day, helicopters landed the special forces and the west side boys became history…wiped out.

Nigerian army, did you ‘Recce’ Gwoza? Did you know estimates of Boko men and equipment? Best weapons, heavy weapons positions? Daily routine? Prayer time when they are vulnerable? Sentry positions? Entry points and exit points? Routes for pincer attack formation? Route for tanks and mortar spearhead attack? Routes for light infantry? Soft positions of Boko Haram fortress? Ammunition stores? Number and discipline of fighters? Likely commanders?

Poor spy intelligence.

Why did you march into Gwoza without doing your home work on good tactics based on recce reports? Did you attack with ruse/deception/bluff/tricks on the enemy?

Okay, now can you still win? Yes !

Get your acts right.

7 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by depato88(m): 7:33pm On Aug 19, 2014
HAH: Honestly the government are not helping this men that volunteered themselves to fight for the nation.

My nephew came from Borno last three weeks, he said of the 14 passengers in the bus 12 are soldiers disguised as civilians deserting the army, some said they rather go and do okada in onitsha than be used as sacrificial lamb in Borno, one said his mother told him to leave and come back home, generally moral is low for the army in Borno for the soldiers

I have met an army officer that told me the major problem in this boko haram war is Moral is low among the soldiers, he said there is a soldeir killed in this BH crisis that his family were told to leave the barracks after some month with nothing , he also said there is. A wife of a young soldier that was killed in this Boko haram war and now the wife survives by following other men around the barracks, now do you think any soldier will sacrifice himself when he knows what will possibly happen to his family after his death..

Sadly this Boko Haram crisis has open the inefficiencies of the Nigerian army, the last time Nigeria was involved in an offensive war was in Biafra, that is why they are helpless, all the generals in Nigeria have never been to war, mind you peace keeping is never offensive.

My honest solution to this crisis is for the government to swallow it pride and contract the war on BH to the chadian army the way the french did in Mali, chad has the most rugged army in the region owing to the long civil war they had before stability came under idris deby. Boko Haram for the first time encroached on chadian soil last week I guess you all heard what happened to them, they were all captured and the entire 85 people they kidnapped in doron-baga were rescued, they BH know that the chadian army are ruthless hence they hardly encroach on them .

Most people that say Nigerian army are good don't really know them, the military in nigeria is one of the most corrupt institution, most of the officer if not all got to NDA through man know man, some are governors, ministers and perm sect children, is it this Ajebutters that you want them to go and fight war for you, most of soldiers joined because they want to brutalize civilians and be local champion, they never thought that a serious war like this will crop up, remember 99% of BH are bloody civilian that turn militant with little or no training, I wonder if this army can handle a full blwn civil war in Nigeria.

Before now the army use to tell us that BH are hiding among civilian that is why they are hard to be caught , now that BH have moved to the Bush is another story.

This government should do something.

naked truth
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 19, 2014
ayusco85:

grin cheesy cheesy cheesy. U no well ah swear.

cheesy grin
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by SergeAlain: 7:36pm On Aug 19, 2014
HAH:

I know most people on nairaland are young people but in all modesty am not a youth again, I don't know you but I don't want to open my cover to you,

And I can tell you in all confidence that the problem with the Nigerian military in its war against Boko Haram is morale, No one want to die for Nigeria

Well my brother that is really sad. I hope they are ready to die for their villages and their families when Boko Haram captures the whole North East and enters other Geopolitical zones. Any one in doubt of that should take a look at what ISIS is doing in Iraq.

If they think they can run away to their villages and escape the war, who are they hoping will stop the BOko haram for them??
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 19, 2014
everyone is going on strike in Nigeria, make Nigeria ku ku close shop, make everybody ku ku go home and bear im papa name.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by MadCow1: 8:03pm On Aug 19, 2014
uzoexcel: u v any proof to back up ur points or is it k=just bar gossip?

Not Bar gossip sir, it's just the use of common sense to make sound and reasonable judgement.. Common sense... I learnt that this skill is so rare these days, it will soon be classified as a super power.. cheesy

If you believe that Boko Haram are better armed and equipped than he Nigerian Army... then Lord have mercy.. grin

A nation like Nigeria, with all it's money from many sources, outgunned by a band of renegade terrorists.. grin

Okay.. I want to pose a simple question to you.. Name 1 weapon outside of an IED (which the Army has but in C4 form) that Boko Haram has that the Nigerian Army does not have..
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by IYANGBALI: 8:05pm On Aug 19, 2014
Things fall apart,the federal govt cannot hold

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by IYANGBALI: 8:06pm On Aug 19, 2014
saxywale: everyone is going on strike in Nigeria, make Nigeria ku ku close shop, make everybody ku ku go home and bear im papa name.
abi o,ki gbogbo wa ko igba wole
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by RaptorX: 8:07pm On Aug 19, 2014
All these talk of not having adequate weapons to fight BH is to me just silly excuses, like pointed out earlier the main problem is lack of morale and cowardice. Not weapons or so called sabotage.

I saw a clip on You tube showing BH fighters attacking a Nigerian army base, i dont see the fighters armed with anything the army doesn't have, they had AK 47, some RPG's, pick up trucks mounted with AA guns, what is so sophisticated about those.

These is guerilla war, you dont need too much sophisticated weapons to fight it, ask the Americans how many stealth bombers, tanks, they use to fight the insurgents in Iraq or Afghanistan, and thousands of their soldiers were killed. These is hand to hand combat except the Nigerian govt is ready to bomb the whole north east and kill thousands of civilians.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by hansad: 8:24pm On Aug 19, 2014
ayusco85:

Its political
Not political. It is all about FAITH A GROUP OF NIGERIANS HAVE IN THER ISLAMIC RELIGION. THAT'S WHY B/HARAM HAS NOT BEEN DEFEATED BY NIGERIA ARMY.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by hansad: 8:33pm On Aug 19, 2014
RaptorX: All these talk of not having adequate weapons to fight BH is to me just silly excuses, like pointed out earlier the main problem is lack of morale and cowardice. Not weapons or so called sabotage.

I saw a clip on You tube showing BH fighters attacking a Nigerian army base, i dont see the fighters armed with anything the army doesn't have, they had AK 47, some RPG's, pick up trucks mounted with AA guns, what is so sophisticated about those.

These is guerilla war, you dont need too much sophisticated weapons to fight it, ask the Americans how many stealth bombers, tanks, they use to fight the insurgents in Iraq or Afghanistan, and thousands of their soldiers were killed. These is hand to hand combat except the Nigerian govt is ready to bomb the whole north east and kill thousands of civilians.

Those blaming non defeat of B/Haram on lack of sophisticated weaponry of Nigeria Army know what you are talking about, that it is lack of morale on the part of Nigeria army to fight. Because the army had had insider serial sabotage, and personnel killed by B/Haramy. But some people lie to even themselves that lack of sophisticated wapon is the problem. Which army personnel is ready to fight guerrila warfare which is what is required?
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by deji68: 8:49pm On Aug 19, 2014
Better equipment?? cool ....Hmnn big english, i used to think our soldiers go to war barefeet, with Daneguns"...e.t.c, until i stumbled on " Siriusblack" thread...BH does not have aircover, artillerry, they carry Ak47 like our soldiers, they drive hilux and some stolen APC ...imagine BH asking Shekau for better equipments grin grin..i think his reply will be, "what about the ones we took from the army"?I think the equipments we have are adequate to fight BH ...we are not fighting cameroon , Algeria e.t,c...i thing what the lazy deserters need is courage and u cant buy it from the American or russians.....maybe we might need the Asterix druid...miraculix(Getafix) grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by nagoma(m): 8:53pm On Aug 19, 2014
quid: idi0t soldiers.

they want to f00l everyone

They are recruiting now. Go and join the army. Use your teeth to bite Boko Haram.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by tit(f): 8:54pm On Aug 19, 2014
IYANGBALI: Things fall apart,the federal govt cannot hold

Things fall apart, Glover's Hausas cannot hold.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by deji68: 9:00pm On Aug 19, 2014
deji68: Better equipment?? cool ....Hmnn big english, i used to think our soldier go to war barefoot, with Daneguns"...e.t.c, until stumbled on " Siriusblack" thread...BH does not have aircover, artillerry, they carry Ak47 like our soldiers, they drive hilux and some stolen APC ...imagine BH asking Shekau for better equipments grin grin..I think the equipments we have are adequate to fight BH ...we are not fighting cameroon , Algeria...i thing what the lazy deserters need is courage and u cant buy it from the American or russians.....maybe we might need the Asterix druid...miraculix(Getafix) grin grin
https://www.nairaland.com/1801690/photos-nigerian-armys-campaign-north
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by waleelite(m): 9:06pm On Aug 19, 2014
9ja4Change: A group of soldiers in north-eastern Nigeria is refusing to fight Boko Haram militants until they receive better equipment, one of the mutineers has told the BBC.

The soldier, who requested anonymity, said at least 40 of his colleagues would refuse orders to deploy.

The military has not commented on the reported mutiny or the demands.

A state of emergency that was declared in three north-eastern states last year has failed to curb the insurgency.

Boko Haram has stepped up its attacks after being pushed out of its bases in Maiduguri, the capital of Borno state, targeting towns and villages in deadly raids.

“Soldiers are dying like fowl,” the soldier, who said he and his colleagues were just outside Maiduguri, told the BBC service.

“The Nigerian army is not ready to fight Boko Haram,” he said, explaining that soldiers were not being given enough weapons and ammunition to take them on.

“Boko Haram are inside the bush, everywhere,” he said “They [senior commanders] are sacrificing soldiers,” he said.

Even the vehicles the soldiers were expected to use were old armoured cars that were not up to the job, he added.

A general in the army, who asked not to be named, told the BBC that he was unable to confirm the mutiny, but said “cowardice” was not uncommon in times of war – and any mutineers would be punished.

When the solder was asked if he feared being court-martialled for taking part in the mutiny, he said that a soldier could only be taken to task for refusing to go to war.

“I joined the army to defend my country”, but you cannot defend it without being equipped to do so, he said.

In April, Boko Haram caused global outrage by abducting more than 200 girls from a boarding school in the remote town of Chibok in Borno state.

The group has also carried out a wave of bombings and assassinations, including that of moderate Muslim leaders opposed to its ideology.

SOURCE: BBC News

This is too bad for our country
When the Governor of Borno said the military is not well equip to confront this deadly anti-islamic sect, the political elites seriously criticized him, and this deadly sect keeps growing their wings daily.

So sad the poor citizens are helpless.

For Guaranteed Return On Investment on your capital, click the link below:

http://simplejoe4x.com/signup.php?r=4

You will be glad you did.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by duni04(m): 9:16pm On Aug 19, 2014
The question we should be asking is where has the $14billion Jonathan budgeted for defence between 2011 and 2014 gone? The same systemic problems (corruption, bureaucracy, nepotism) that have crippled our power sector, health sector and education are now cripping in to affect our national security. We have an Army chief of staff that was only appointed because he's from Jonathan's hometown! How will you defeat boko haram with that level of nepotism? If we can't defeat corruption and nepotism, we won't defeat boko haram. Its very simple

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 19, 2014
nagoma:

They are recruiting now. Go and join the army. Use your teeth to bite Boko Haram.
Let them keep handing over their weapons to boko haram.
Na them go hear am . .

Rubbish army
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by Ochoiho: 9:33pm On Aug 19, 2014
Can somebody help me ask where our budget for that increasing every year goes to?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by tomber(m): 9:38pm On Aug 19, 2014
Whether Bbc is saying truth or not, the west (especially u.s and Britain) are engaging the Nig army in a war, a propaganda war( to weaken further the morale of our soldiers and make the army look as weak as possble). unfortunately, they are winning because many of us are ignorantly or foolishly supporting them.

what those supporting the mutiny qre actually saying is that if Nig ever fights with a country with superior guns( or even superior weapons all together) our soldiers should run away and leave us to die. This is the picture the west is painting and this is what is going to eventually happen. As much as we should call for the equipping of our soldier we should do it in a way that will not potray our soldiers (and ourselves)as cowards.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 19, 2014
Soldiers sef shud go on strike, enough is enough, all d stories we've bn hearing here and there attests to the fact dat some elements in d govt are behind d menace of bh and are preventing d millitary from stopping them. If not bh shud av bn a tin of d past n long forgotten bt no some govt officials are hampering efforts to put an end to bh incursion.

By the way, some people are calling d soldiers cowards and sayn they are giving excuse of lack of sophisticated weapons. What you guys don't understand is that weapons used by d soldiers are being issued to the by whoeva is in charge of em, d person can choose to give dem weapons wif low fire power and this makes the soldiers fink derz no sophisticated weapon in d armoury meanwhile dere is. The problem is some people are sabotaging the campaign against insurgency by buying ova those in charge of d soldiers so dey wunt be able to defeat bh. Till dose ppl r caught n xposed, we'll kip hearing d same stories.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by Osama10(m): 9:55pm On Aug 19, 2014
This is not a good sign. lipsrsealed
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by AbuuUthaymeen(m): 9:57pm On Aug 19, 2014
HAH: Honestly the government are not helping this men that volunteered themselves to fight for the nation.

My nephew came from Borno last three weeks, he said of the 14 passengers in the bus 12 are soldiers disguised as civilians deserting the army, some said they rather go and do okada in onitsha than be used as sacrificial lamb in Borno, one said his mother told him to leave and come back home, generally moral is low for the army in Borno for the soldiers

I have met an army officer that told me the major problem in this boko haram war is Moral is low among the soldiers, he said there is a soldeir killed in this BH crisis that his family were told to leave the barracks after some month with nothing , he also said there is. A wife of a young soldier that was killed in this Boko haram war and now the wife survives by following other men around the barracks, now do you think any soldier will sacrifice himself when he knows what will possibly happen to his family after his death..

Sadly this Boko Haram crisis has open the inefficiencies of the Nigerian army, the last time Nigeria was involved in an offensive war was in Biafra, that is why they are helpless, all the generals in Nigeria have never been to war, mind you peace keeping is never offensive.

My honest solution to this crisis is for the government to swallow it pride and contract the war on BH to the chadian army the way the french did in Mali, chad has the most rugged army in the region owing to the long civil war they had before stability came under idris deby. Boko Haram for the first time encroached on chadian soil last week I guess you all heard what happened to them, they were all captured and the entire 85 people they kidnapped in doron-baga were rescued, they BH know that the chadian army are ruthless hence they hardly encroach on them .

Most people that say Nigerian army are good don't really know them, the military in nigeria is one of the most corrupt institution, most of the officer if not all got to NDA through man know man, some are governors, ministers and perm sect children, is it this Ajebutters that you want them to go and fight war for you, most of soldiers joined because they want to brutalize civilians and be local champion, they never thought that a serious war like this will crop up, remember 99% of BH are bloody civilian that turn militant with little or no training, I wonder if this army can handle a full blwn civil war in Nigeria.

Before now the army use to tell us that BH are hiding among civilian that is why they are hard to be caught , now that BH have moved to the Bush is another story.

Spot on
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by DaBullIT(m): 10:02pm On Aug 19, 2014

Would you pay someone else to sleep with your wife when you have a dick ?

Granted , like every other organization in charge of welfare military's entitlements ,are being embezzled , misused or it just disappears

Those who stole pension funds belonging to retirees will walk free in our dearly beloved country , however you do not see civil servants not going to work

In this country bokoharam boldly enters military barracks , attacks them and steals average of 20 tons armored tank and just drive into the sunset ?

As stupid as I may appear to cyber geniuses , this doesn't happen if bokoharam steals a tank , you blast the tank to smitherings with other tanks on base

US DOD will rather blow up a jet filled with 3000 passengers if its hijacked rather than let that jet be used against citizens on ground / rather than let it fall into enemy's possession

Finally , Nigerian Army's problem is not paying entitlements to fallen soldiers and families , it is that most of the soldiers are loyal to their brothers in tribe and religion

NAF ,NAM ,NN , all put together can coordinate aerial and land strikes

Sniper team , armored tanks , armored personnel vehicles with 50cal armor piecing rounds , bomber teams , grenade launcher teams , land mines to surround previously surveyed areas and boxing these scumbags in and this will be over in less than a week

But no , as long as some brothers dash their brothers Nigerian army weapons , and the others are complaining about national cake , let's all sit back and pretend nothing is happening , eediots and aaarseholes

What's on the mountain is not fire , its nuclear bomb and its counting down . Let's see who survives when they are done infiltrating the Yoruba , Igbo and other non Hausa territories

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by DonaldGenes(m): 10:03pm On Aug 19, 2014

$20b Likes for you
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by DonaldGenes(m): 10:07pm On Aug 19, 2014
Kinfunfun22: Read my signature

Hahahahahaa
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 19, 2014
Bh is jst lyk smuggling issue. A gang connives with one of the custom officials whuz got authority and he gives dem clear passage at check points. N u wonder ow dese smugglers are able to operate without being caught. D ansa is simple, u can neva stop d smugglers till u get d custom official helping them. Same goes for boko haram, u can't stop dem till u get dia solicitors, supporters and sponsors. Tz beyond field battle.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by phantom(m): 10:23pm On Aug 19, 2014
for those of them who want to run away,i wish i could send them transport money. honestly! let them leave that damn place. nigeria is not worth dying for o jare!!!! angry angry angry
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by InvertedHammer: 10:24pm On Aug 19, 2014

My honest solution to this crisis is for the government to swallow it pride and contract the war on BH to the chadian army the way the french did in Mali, chad has the most rugged army in the region owing to the long civil war they had before stability came under idris deby. Boko Haram for the first time encroached on chadian soil last week I guess you all heard what happened to them, they were all captured and the entire 85 people they kidnapped in doron-baga were rescued, they BH know that the chadian army are ruthless hence they hardly encroach on...

/
I guess you are enjoying all the "likes" you are getting.

Typical Nigerian, faced with challenges...call on someone else to do the dirty job while your lazy @sses drink pepper soup and jolly. How did Chadian army get so strong? Practice they say makes perfect. But in your mind, you make a lot of sense to hand over the security of your country to a neighbouring country. And when the Chadians, having known the weakness of your military decide to run over Nigeria, who are you going to run to?

Think about your suggestions well. It is very easy for France to contract Malians because France is too far away to bear the brunt of any repercussions of such engagement by proxy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President Goodluck Jonathan And First Lady In Super Eagles' Tracksuits / Presidency Staff On Standby For Buhari's Return - The Punch / Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola Resigns From APC, Dumps Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.