Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,269 members, 7,826,030 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment (27835 Views)

Jonathan’s Govt Provoked Soldiers Into Mutiny —buhari / Boko Haram Soldiers Abandon Masters, Bury Weapons In Forest – Army / Boko Haram, Soldiers In Gun Battle In Yobe Town - Daily Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by tit(f): 7:21am On Aug 22, 2014
ocelot2006:

Of course BH drives soft skinned vehicles like the Army. There is just one difference: theirs is armed with HEAVY MACHINE GUNS (50cal) and even AA guns, while ours is armed with simple GPMGs. Now tell me, in a firefight, how do you expect the later to take on the former, ESPECIALLY without your acclaimed "aircover"?

And speaking of aircover, do we even have the necessary assets on ground? Our primary fixed-wing asset for air support is the Alpha jet, but it is basically a LIGHT attack aircraft/trainer. That means it 's payload is limited with 250 lb bombs and rocket pods. No precision munition at all. The Mi-35 attack helos are actually quite effective, but there are few in theatre. Oh, did I mention that there are no heavy or medium lift helicopters to fly in QRF teams to relieve units trapped in remote regions as the later faces a major BH onslaught. Instead, these units in peril (be it regular infantry or special forces), and with limited ammo, have to duke it out with a numerically superior enemy armed with heavier weapons while reinforcement have to drive for hours to rescue these soldiers. And did I mention no air cover?

I've had friends in the Force (Police MOPOL) come home at the end of their rotations and tell horror stories. Of deadly ambushes and needless slaughter of brave men, and no air support, and of a cunning and ruthless enemy armed to the teeth. But most of all, they talk about the low morale. I'll say this again, until we stop burying our heads in the sand and own up to the deficiencies of our military, we'll continue to think that all is well when it isn't. Btw, the NPF ' S elite MOPOL Training School just fell to BH. Where was the aircover?

One more thing, do NOT underestimate BH. Remember the Americans in Afghanistan? They currently face a ragtag Taliban. Tell me, how's the fight going?

Stop making a fool of yourself.
BH rides around in okada.
You make it sound like they roll around in abrams tanks.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by ocelot2006(m): 9:05am On Aug 22, 2014
tit:

Stop making a fool of yourself.
BH rides around in okada.
You make it sound like they roll around in abrams tanks.

Sure, and those technicals with HMGs like those used to attack Giwa Barracks are driven by what? The Holy Spirit, abi?

BTW, it will be in your own interest if you NOT insult me (trust me). If you disagree with me, state your points like a matured adult.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by jpphilips(m): 10:33am On Aug 22, 2014
ocelot2006:

Bros, leave all that talk. We both know that equipment procurement is an issue. Yes, the military bought 6 new Mi-35Ms, but are those enough? Where are the much needed transport helos like the Mi-17s for the QRFs? Do you want to deny that fact that the soft skinned vehicles and even armoured vehicles like the Otokar Cobra are not underarmed with just Fcking GPMGs while BH hilux trucks have 50cal HMGS mounted on theirs? And back to the armoured vehicles; how many MRAPS do we have In the field? I dare say that the NPF own way more of these vehicles than the army. And what do the army have? A splatter of Bigfoot MRAPS, Otokar Cobra bought during the Niger Delta insurgency, and a bought of old vehicles. I don't even want to talk about combat air support 'cos the air force's performance has been less than satisfactory. Till date, the military (NAF in particular) still can't support and relieve military units stationed in remote areas in the North east or in some cases even special forces teams operating behind enemy lines. No, these teams have to fight with limited ammo till they run out. So how do you expect them to protect all these border hamlets/villages.

Now don't get me wrong, I have absolutely no qualms with the training of our military, and our brave men and women of the armed forces are itching for a good fight and payback. After all, same military successfully brought the raging insurgency in the Niger-Delta to an end. I also know desertion is normal during wars. But guy, moral is currently very low. Every time my friends in the Police MOPOL Squadrons on the usual 6 months rotation to the NE, it Is the very same story: they're outgunned, ammo ' s always low (2 mags only), desertion is on the rise.

Till we accept that all is not well, and try to resolve the problems that plague the military, we'll continue to face these issues.

Coming from a hard core NA fan? now I know it is time to be worried.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by jpphilips(m): 10:43am On Aug 22, 2014
ocelot2006:

The FG adopted the Carrot & Stick approach. The late Yaradua initial granted amnesty to all the militant groups, but was to last till September of that year (2006/2007 I think). Immediately it ended, the stick (Joint Task Force under the then Brig. Gen Bell, current Counter-terrorism Coordinator at the Office of the NSA) was applied with ruthless efficiency. Port Harcourt was retaken from the grasp of militants and cultists, the dreaded Camp-9 of MEND was captured, and militant leaders were hunted down like rats. Or why do you think they all ran to the swamps?

I want to get something clear and for facts sake i disagree completely with your bold statement, by the time the Amnesty program Kicked off, all the "senior" militants were hale and hearty.
Asari was Arrested, his group bombed Nigeria to capitulation before the cowards freed him, pls correct me if I am wrong, rem he was not even captured in battle.
By the time Amnesty was declared, Tompolo, Henry okah, Ateke, Asari, cho cho etc were still very much alive.
Tell me what kind of defeat leaves the militants heads alive?
will you claim defeat on Boko haram while Shekau is still releasing videos?
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by jpphilips(m): 11:05am On Aug 22, 2014
RaptorX: What nonsence am i talking? The American death toll in Iraq was 4000+ kia, and 30,000 wounded before they pull out and in Afghanistan 2000+ kia and rising, these are official US dept of defence figures so mr know all what nonsence am i talking.

Kindly show us the death toll of American soldiers by unit (not defense contractors or NATO forces) that gave you that number you are quoting.
secondly, give me one reason why you will juxtapose a 10yr old war ravaging two countries with different actors, with one which is isolated at the NE part of one country.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by jpphilips(m): 11:19am On Aug 22, 2014
deji68: I am well informed enough for a bystander, i am not in the army, but what i have seen and read enough

we have Tanks(BH have none, except technikers)
we APC (BH have stolen few)
Well kitted soldiers with body armour(only shekau and some commanders have body armour)
Well equiped Snipers Team(BH unkown)
Artillery(we have one the best in Africa)
Aircover(enough for BH Battle)
150000 Men(BH has etimated 4000 fighter)

.I think the army is well equip enough to fight the BH scourge.There is alway complain of inadequate equipments.It happened at the initial stage of the Gulf, where US soldier , complained about the amoury of their APC and Humvees.In every human endeveour, everyone could alway do with a better tool...but neglecting ur duty while waiting for upgrade is wrong....I notice a trend in disparaging the NA in the media embarassed embarassed...Let support our millitary We should not mistake cowardice for agitation for better weapon....I think some of those, thinking we can buy a super machine off the shelve, press some buttons and the war is won, are living in fools paradise..The hard reality is that many soldiers will pay the supreme price to protect our freedom , some have already done(May their soul rest in peace).America with all their drones and weapon are still losing soldier...there is no shortcut only hard work, sweat,gut and grit will carry us through....for the deserters..make una go drink the magic portion ala Asterix druid getafix instead of peeper soup...or go find another Job cool cool For the Gallant ones GOd will continue to protect u

Naa I think you are the one living in fools paradise and yes! we can press buttons to make it happen, here is a button we can press;
The Nigerian presidential fleet has 11 jets plus one ambulance jet, one of the Gulf streams on the fleet is worth $60m, half of that amount can get you a modern Russian fighter jet. going by the above, 8 of our presidential fleet can land 16 modern fighter jets.
What is a state governor like Amaechi doing with a jet? if we perhaps join the fleet of the Govs, Nigerian air force will be second in Africa.
stop getting High on sentiments, this country is mismanaged to tatters, those Men and women out there deserve better.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by tit(f): 1:55pm On Aug 22, 2014
jpphilips:

Naa I think you are the one living in fools paradise and yes! we can press buttons to make it happen, here is a button we can press;
The Nigerian presidential fleet has 11 jets plus one ambulance jet, one of the Gulf streams on the fleet is worth $60m, half of that amount can get you a modern Russian fighter jet. going by the above, 8 of our presidential fleet can land 16 modern fighter jets.
What is a state governor like Amaechi doing with a jet? if we perhaps join the fleet of the Govs, Nigerian air force will be second in Africa.
stop getting High on sentiments, this country is mismanaged to tatters, those Men and women out there deserve better.

Some of us believe the only way to fight BH is to get the latest attack aircraft. We discount the fact that BH armory are weapons captured from the NA. Yet we want NA to acquire even more powerful weapons, which will end up getting in the hands of BH.
Why have I not heard any strident criticism of the NA allowing BH to cheaply acquire its weapons? But we want the NA to acquire more weapons?
Why are we not asking the NA why they are deserting in front of an enemy that has, at best, equivalent weaponry with them?
The NA problem goes beyond equipment. (We all saw how the US-equipped Iraqi army disbanded and abandoned their equipment for ISIS).
If Badeh and his chiefs do not weed out those with potential conflict of interest, the NA will continue to lose men, equipment and ground to BH.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by tit(f): 2:09pm On Aug 22, 2014
ocelot2006:

Sure, and those technicals with HMGs like those used to attack Giwa Barracks are driven by what? The Holy Spirit, abi?

BTW, it will be in your own interest if you NOT insult me (trust me). If you disagree with me, state your points like a matured adult.

You make it sound like NA does not have HMGs. Does it take the president signature to get an army welder to swap out the guns on NA technicals?
You have been fighting this war for at least two years. You know the enemy. Why allow your men to get into isolated positions, without resupply?
I saw the video of the giwa barracks attack. what it told me was that you people do not think. If instead of drinking pepper-soup, you guys played team A vs team B, you all would not be weeping about the whiping you are getting from BH. Are are you conceding Bh has better military strategists and tacticians than the NA?
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by ocelot2006(m): 2:41pm On Aug 22, 2014
jpphilips:

Coming from a hard core NA fan? now I know it is time to be worried.

My brother, I'm basically barely hoping that MAYBE substantial amount of equipment have been purchased to aid our troops, and that they're yet to arrive. But it seems the Airforce in particular ' s only interested in buying VI transport aircrafts. The only arms of the armed force+LEO+intelligence serious about arms procurement are the NAVY, DSS, and the NPF. The rest are asleep.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by ocelot2006(m): 2:43pm On Aug 22, 2014
tit:

You make it sound like NA does not have HMGs. Does it take the president signature to get an army welder to swap out the guns on NA technicals?
You have been fighting this war for at least two years. You know the enemy. Why allow your men to get into isolated positions, without resupply?
I saw the video of the giwa barracks attack. what it told me was that you people do not think. If instead of drinking pepper-soup, you guys played team A vs team B, you all would not be weeping about the whiping you are getting from BH. Are are you conceding Bh has better military strategists and tacticians than the NA?

Apart from the VBL recce vehicles, list ONE other vehicle armed with anything more than a GPMG. Check sirius black own photos.

And who's the "you people" you're referring to?
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by ocelot2006(m): 2:54pm On Aug 22, 2014
jpphilips:

I want to get something clear and for facts sake i disagree completely with your bold statement, by the time the Amnesty program Kicked off, all the "senior" militants were hale and hearty.
Asari was Arrested, his group bombed Nigeria to capitulation before the cowards freed him, pls correct me if I am wrong, rem he was not even captured in battle.
By the time Amnesty was declared, Tompolo, Henry okah, Ateke, Asari, cho cho etc were still very much alive.
Tell me what kind of defeat leaves the militants heads alive?
will you claim defeat on Boko haram while Shekau is still releasing videos?

I beg to differ. Yes some warlords handed over their weapons during the amnesty, but the programme itself lasted for a few months. What followed was the systematic destruction of militant supply points and safe houses and arrest/termination of these criminals. In Delta, the JF captured CAMP 9 and where able to secure a considerable length of the swamps. PHC was even way worse. Anyone who lived in PHC in September, 2007 will tell you that the very month was the turning point in the battle against the militants and cultists. The raid in September saw the use of the just acquired Mi 35 Hinds, special forces, and JTF against these groups. Even Ateke was almost killed in a raid on his hotel. What followed next was also the seizure of assets owned by militants.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by Ozonna(m): 3:33pm On Aug 22, 2014
ocelot2006:

My brother, I'm basically barely hoping that MAYBE substantial amount of equipment have been purchased to aid our troops, and that they're yet to arrive. But it seems the Airforce in particular ' s only interested in buying VI transport aircrafts. The only arms of the armed force+LEO+intelligence serious about arms procurement are the NAVY, DSS, and the [/b]NPF[b]. The rest are asleep.

NPF as in Nigerian Police Force shocked shocked shocked
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by EasternLeopard: 3:43pm On Aug 22, 2014
tit:

Some of us believe the only way to fight BH is to get the latest attack aircraft. We discount the fact that BH armory are weapons captured from the NA. Yet we want NA to acquire even more powerful weapons, which will end up getting in the hands of BH.
Why have I not heard any strident criticism of the NA allowing BH to cheaply acquire its weapons? But we want the NA to acquire more weapons?
Why are we not asking the NA why they are deserting in front of an enemy that has, at best, equivalent weaponry with them?
The NA problem goes beyond equipment. (We all saw how the US-equipped Iraqi army disbanded and abandoned their equipment for ISIS).
If Badeh and his chiefs do not weed out those with potential conflict of interest, the NA will continue to lose men, equipment and ground to BH.

God bless you

Man know man recruitment has churn out the worst set of inferior troops
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by deji68: 9:02pm On Aug 22, 2014
sorry ooo i didnt know u are one of those who believe "buying a super weapon off the shelve, press some button and the war is over"....let me take u away from ur paradise grin grin..before we find buyers for the presidential jet, ur spouse will all be wearing Taliban Hijab and there will be no internet, nairaland,..... ur wonderful contribution on nairaland will be a thing of the past(freedom of speech) cool cool..I think we are winning the war that is why there is lot of ranting BH sympathizers around...God will continue to protect our Gallant Soldiers cry cry
jpphilips:

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by ocelot2006(m): 10:24pm On Aug 22, 2014
Ozonna:

NPF as in Nigerian Police Force shocked shocked shocked

Yes, the Police. And I know it sounds strange.

The police has a better Signals department compared to the Army. Hell, the Police owns it's own dedicated Public Land Mobile Network (PLMN) after the likes of MTN, Glo, Airtel, and Etisalat

When it comes to disposing Bombs and other ordinances, the Police Bomb Squad is basically the very best EOD team compared to that of EVERY other service (FACT). They have far better equipment, but most of all, YEARS of experience. The Army's EOD teams are now just playing catchup, but they still aren't anywhere close.

When it comes to individual fire arms, it must be noted that the army out guns the Police will the GPMGs, MG-20, and M-60 LMGs, and RPG-7s (only the Nigerian Police Marine Unit is armed with LMGs like the Russian PKM and standard issue GPMG). But when it comes to infantry weapons, the army doesn't come close at all. Every soldier (even Special Forces operators) is armed with a plain FN-FAL or the current standard issue OBJ-006/Type 56 assault rifle with a folded bayonet/spike. The Police on the other hand can boast of the standard issue FN-FAL/NR-1, the FN-FAL Paratrooper model with its fold stock, the current issue Type-56-2 with its fold stock, the FN-FNC, the Indonesian Pindad SS1, the Deawoo K-2 assault rifle. Pistol wise, same issue with the army equipped with only the Beretta M9 and the old Browning High Power, compared to the NPF armed with same Beretta M9, same Hi-Power, but also the Jericho.

Vehicle wise, the Police were actually the very first to introduce the MRAP, and equally own a considerable number of APCs. The Army owns a large number of Otokar Cobras, VBLs, MOWAGs, Igirigi, and a few Bigfoots, Street Spartan MK3. The Police (MOPOL and CTU) on the other hand owns Streit Spartan MK1s, MK2s (used extensively during the Abakaliki crisis to transport MOPOL cops safely) , MK3s, the good Ole Saxon APCS, the Casspir, RG-31 Nyala MRAPs, Otokar Cobras, Musketeer LPV, and the Springbuck VI MRAP.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 22, 2014
ocelot2006:

Yes, the Police. And I know it sounds strange.

The police has a better Signals department compared to the Army. Hell, the Police owns it's own dedicated Public Land Mobile Network (PLMN) after the likes of MTN, Glo, Airtel, and Etisalat

When it comes to disposing Bombs and other ordinances, the Police Bomb Squad is basically the very best EOD team compared to that of EVERY other service (FACT). They have far better equipment, but most of all, YEARS of experience. The Army's EOD teams are now just playing catchup, but they still aren't anywhere close.

When it comes to individual fire arms, it must be noted that the army out guns the Police will the GPMGs, MG-20, and M-60 LMGs, and RPG-7s (only the Nigerian Police Marine Unit is armed with LMGs like the Russian PKM and standard issue GPMG). [b]But when it comes to infantry weapons, the army doesn't come close at all. Every soldier (even Special Forces operators) is armed with a plain FN-FAL or the current standard issue OBJ-006/Type 56 assault rifle with a folded bayonet/spike. The Police on the other hand can boast of the standard issue FN-FAL/NR-1, the FN-FAL Paratrooper model with its fold stock, the current issue Type-56-2 with its fold stock, the FN-FNC, the Indonesian Pindad SS1, the Deawoo K-2 assault rifle. Pistol wise, same issue with the army equipped with only the Beretta M9 and the old Browning High Power, compared to the NPF armed with same Beretta M9, same Hi-Power, but also the Jericho.

Vehicle wise, the Police were actually the very first to introduce the MRAP, and equally own a considerable number of APCs. The Army owns a large number of Otokar Cobras, VBLs, MOWAGs, Igirigi, and a few Bigfoots, Street Spartan MK3. The Police (MOPOL and CTU) on the other hand owns Streit Spartan MK1s, MK2s (used extensively during the Abakaliki crisis to transport MOPOL cops safely) , MK3s, the good Ole Saxon APCS, the Casspir, RG-31 Nyala MRAPs, Otokar Cobras, Musketeer LPV, and the Springbuck VI MRAP.[/b]

what you are saying (if true, and i believe it is) means that the police are better armed than the Nigerian army, constitutionally mandated with fighting foreigners.
so please tell us: who are the police being equipped to fight in Nigeria, the Nigerian citizens?

something is off here. sad
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by deji68: 11:06pm On Aug 22, 2014
Small time now dey go say army and police lack equipment to fight BH grin grin grin God dey sha ...
relchange:

what you are saying (if true, and i believe it is) means that the police are better armed than the Nigerian army, constitutionally mandated with fighting foreigners.
so please tell us: who are the police being equipped to fight in Nigeria, the Nigerian citizens?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by tit(f): 12:26am On Aug 23, 2014
So the police have all these and they still lost their gwoza barracks?
Now they want army to go and recover it while it should be the better armed police that should go and get their thing back from boko haram.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by ocelot2006(m): 7:05am On Aug 23, 2014
relchange:

It me put it like this: the NPF has a larger variety of light arms (lethal and non-lethal) , a considerable no. of better quality, in its arsenal compared to the Army. BUT the army easily out-guns the Police because it fields heavier weapons. The Police is a Law Enforcement Service, so it's not armed with LMGs (except Marine Police only), HMGS, Artillery, Mortars, Tanks, Recoilless Rifles, RPGs, etc. The army owns all that.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by ocelot2006(m): 7:18am On Aug 23, 2014
tit: So the police have all these and they still lost their gwoza barracks?
Now they want army to go and recover it while it should be the better armed police that should go and get their thing back from boko haram.

Yes, because all these equipment are station in Gwoza, abi? Sometimes, you need to stop arguing like a kid.

A detachment of MOPOL cops (instructors and students) stationed at Gwoza training camp armed with light arms (assault rifles and pistols only) and probably tear gas canisters, and equipped with a few Hilux pickups, a few trucks, and probably one APC (probably a SAXON) armed with ONLY smoke launchers. Oh, and no reinforcement, no combat air support.

VS

BOKO HARAM with light arms, LMGS, grenades, and RPGs, equipped with a considerable number of motorcycles, Technicals armed with HMGS and AA guns. And did I mention that they probably outnumber the defenders of the Gwoza training camp?

Now tell me (and be honest), who is going to win that firefight? I await your answer.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by ocelot2006(m): 7:25am On Aug 23, 2014
deji68: Small time now dey go say army and police lack equipment to fight BH grin grin grin God dey sha ...

Do I need to repeat myself again? How do you expect a soldier or cop to fight BH with ONLY two magazines of ammunition, little or no heavy weapons, little or no combat air support, and no reinforcement/reinforcement that arrives extremely late?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by komekn(m): 6:57pm On Aug 23, 2014

BTW, it will be in your own interest if you NOT insult me (trust me). If you disagree with me, state your points like a matured adult.[/quote]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by komekn(m): 7:24pm On Aug 23, 2014
ocelot2006:

Yes, because all these equipment are station in Gwoza, abi? Sometimes, you need to stop arguing like a kid.

A detachment of MOPOL cops (instructors and students) stationed at Gwoza training camp armed with light arms (assault rifles and pistols only) and probably tear gas canisters, and equipped with a few Hilux pickups, a few trucks, and probably one APC (probably a SAXON) armed with ONLY smoke launchers. Oh, and no reinforcement, no combat air support.

VS

BOKO HARAM with light arms, LMGS, grenades, and RPGs, equipped with a considerable number of motorcycles, Technicals armed with HMGS and AA guns. And did I mention that they probably outnumber the defenders of the Gwoza training camp?

Now tell me (and be honest), who is going to win that firefight? I await your answer.

I am perplexed beyond reason , don't know what to believe, and or infer, that our levels of incompetence have become institutionalised as opposed to individual failures.

The MOPOL base is barely 20km from Gwoza town, which in itself implies that the front-line is actually much closer and or is indeed very fluid and the situation extremely volatile. This means that the College is right in a war zone, that would require an immediate evacuation and or indeed an offensive/ defensive contingency plan.

Forward defensive positions to slow the anticipated advance of Boko, our approach is obviously reactive as opposed to pro-active, as a consequence none of these basics of battlefield management were done.

Ocelot, appraisal is that there was one solitary Saxon light armoured vehicle essentially gives light arms protection not a fit for purpose, against 50cals, RPG7's and 20mm Technicals. To leave the police personnel there was HIGHLY NEGLIGENT a theme that seems to be continuously reoccurring across the NE.

There is now a embarrassing silence from the army head of PR, not a word. Boko have now set up government, claimed territory and we are yet to dislodge them, almost like a Nigerian ISIS, Chei big shame.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by ocelot2006(m): 9:01pm On Aug 23, 2014
komekn:

I am perplexed beyond reason , don't know what to believe, and or infer, that our levels of incompetence have become institutionalised as opposed to individual failures.

The MOPOL base is barely 20km from Gwoza town, which in itself implies that the front-line is actually much closer and or is indeed very fluid and the situation extremely volatile. This means that the College is right in a war zone, that would require an immediate evacuation and or indeed an offensive/ defensive contingency plan.

Forward defensive positions to slow the anticipated advance of Boko, our approach is obviously reactive as opposed to pro-active, as a consequence none of these basics of battlefield management were done.

Ocelot, appraisal is that there was one solitary Saxon light armoured vehicle essentially gives light arms protection not a fit for purpose, against 50cals, RPG7's and 20mm Technicals. To leave the police personnel there was HIGHLY NEGLIGENT a theme that seems to be continuously reoccurring across the NE.

There is now a embarrassing silence from the army head of PR, not a word. Boko have now set up government, claimed territory and we are yet to dislodge them, almost like a Nigerian ISIS, Chei big shame.

I honestly don't know why the training school wasn't closed temporarily with both instructors and students transfered to the 2nd MOPOL Training School down south at Osun. Or at least reinforce the school. So it was no surprise, at least to me, that this elite school fell.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by jpphilips(m): 2:04am On Sep 25, 2014
deji68: sorry ooo i didnt know u are one of those who believe "buying a super weapon off the shelve, press some button and the war is over"....let me take u away from ur paradise grin grin..before we find buyers for the presidential jet, ur spouse will all be wearing Taliban Hijab and there will be no internet, nairaland,..... ur wonderful contribution on nairaland will be a thing of the past(freedom of speech) cool cool..I think we are winning the war that is why there is lot of ranting BH sympathizers around...God will continue to protect our Gallant Soldiers cry cry

Are you in anyway related to Gen Buhari? your brains may be related though
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by jpphilips(m): 2:15am On Sep 25, 2014
ocelot2006:

I beg to differ. Yes some warlords handed over their weapons during the amnesty, but the programme itself lasted for a few months. What followed was the systematic destruction of militant supply points and safe houses and arrest/termination of these criminals. In Delta, the JF captured CAMP 9 and where able to secure a considerable length of the swamps. PHC was even way worse. Anyone who lived in PHC in September, 2007 will tell you that the very month was the turning point in the battle against the militants and cultists. The raid in September saw the use of the just acquired Mi 35 Hinds, special forces, and JTF against these groups. Even Ateke was almost killed in a raid on his hotel. What followed next was also the seizure of assets owned by militants.

You can tell that to your Lagos fans not me who use the NAF base often, during the crisis, you had Mi 35 Hinds parked in the NAF base and we never heard, neither did I visit anywhere it dropped a bomb? Of what use is it then?
I always see the Augusta 109 that only flies when there is a dignitary to ferry around so what are you saying? I gave you a list of Militants that was bribed in the guise of Amnesty and you are talking about camp 9 and a hotel raid, is that how sane military operate?
Did you expect the seal 6 team to have raided Osama's place in Abottabad and come back nearly killing him?
what do you mean they nearly killed Ateke? how nearly? without a single injury?
guy be serious!!
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by HAH: 6:14pm On Feb 03, 2015
HAH:
Honestly the government are not helping this men that volunteered themselves to fight for the nation.

My nephew came from Borno last three weeks, he said of the 14 passengers in the bus 12 are soldiers disguised as civilians deserting the army, some said they rather go and do okada in onitsha than be used as sacrificial lamb in Borno, one said his mother told him to leave and come back home, generally moral is low for the army in Borno for the soldiers

I have met an army officer that told me the major problem in this boko haram war is Moral is low among the soldiers, he said there is a soldeir killed in this BH crisis that his family were told to leave the barracks after some month with nothing , he also said there is. A wife of a young soldier that was killed in this Boko haram war and now the wife survives by following other men around the barracks, now do you think any soldier will sacrifice himself when he knows what will possibly happen to his family after his death..

Sadly this Boko Haram crisis has open the inefficiencies of the Nigerian army, the last time Nigeria was involved in an offensive war was in Biafra, that is why they are helpless, all the generals in Nigeria have never been to war, mind you peace keeping is never offensive.

My honest solution to this crisis is for the government to swallow it pride and contract the war on BH to the chadian army the way the french did in Mali, chad has the most rugged army in the region owing to the long civil war they had before stability came under idris deby. Boko Haram for the first time encroached on chadian soil last week I guess you all heard what happened to them, they were all captured and the entire 85 people they kidnapped in doron-baga were rescued, they BH know that the chadian army are ruthless hence they hardly encroach on them .

Most people that say Nigerian army are good don't really know them, the military in nigeria is one of the most corrupt institution, most of the officer if not all got to NDA through man know man, some are governors, ministers and perm sect children, is it this Ajebutters that you want them to go and fight war for you, most of soldiers joined because they want to brutalize civilians and be local champion, they never thought that a serious war like this will crop up, remember 99% of BH are bloody civilian that turn militant with little or no training, I wonder if this army can handle a full blwn civil war in Nigeria.

Before now the army use to tell us that BH are hiding among civilian that is why they are hard to be caught , now that BH have moved to the Bush is another story.

This government should do something.

I made this commend in August 2014,, you can all see how good the Chadian army I talked about.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Mutiny, Demand Better Equipment by HAH: 6:14pm On Feb 03, 2015
HAH:
Honestly the government are not helping this men that volunteered themselves to fight for the nation.

My nephew came from Borno last three weeks, he said of the 14 passengers in the bus 12 are soldiers disguised as civilians deserting the army, some said they rather go and do okada in onitsha than be used as sacrificial lamb in Borno, one said his mother told him to leave and come back home, generally moral is low for the army in Borno for the soldiers

I have met an army officer that told me the major problem in this boko haram war is Moral is low among the soldiers, he said there is a soldeir killed in this BH crisis that his family were told to leave the barracks after some month with nothing , he also said there is. A wife of a young soldier that was killed in this Boko haram war and now the wife survives by following other men around the barracks, now do you think any soldier will sacrifice himself when he knows what will possibly happen to his family after his death..

Sadly this Boko Haram crisis has open the inefficiencies of the Nigerian army, the last time Nigeria was involved in an offensive war was in Biafra, that is why they are helpless, all the generals in Nigeria have never been to war, mind you peace keeping is never offensive.

My honest solution to this crisis is for the government to swallow it pride and contract the war on BH to the chadian army the way the french did in Mali, chad has the most rugged army in the region owing to the long civil war they had before stability came under idris deby. Boko Haram for the first time encroached on chadian soil last week I guess you all heard what happened to them, they were all captured and the entire 85 people they kidnapped in doron-baga were rescued, they BH know that the chadian army are ruthless hence they hardly encroach on them .

Most people that say Nigerian army are good don't really know them, the military in nigeria is one of the most corrupt institution, most of the officer if not all got to NDA through man know man, some are governors, ministers and perm sect children, is it this Ajebutters that you want them to go and fight war for you, most of soldiers joined because they want to brutalize civilians and be local champion, they never thought that a serious war like this will crop up, remember 99% of BH are bloody civilian that turn militant with little or no training, I wonder if this army can handle a full blwn civil war in Nigeria.

Before now the army use to tell us that BH are hiding among civilian that is why they are hard to be caught , now that BH have moved to the Bush is another story.

This government should do something.

I made this commend in August 2014,, you can all see how good the Chadian army I talked about with the recent victories over BH.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed: “How I Met My Wife Kudi” / Can You Guess What Buhari Was Telling These States Governors In This Photo? / Last US Military Plane Out Of Afghanistan Ends America's longest war

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.