Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,020 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures (49269 Views)

Staff Cry As Rafindadi, VC Of Lokoja Federal University Leaves Office After Sack / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions / Federal University Of Technology Akure(futa) 2014/2015 Admission Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by AZeD1(m): 11:14pm On Aug 19, 2014
Only in Nigeria do people celebrate the building of Universities by a government that can't fund existing ones.

Someone please explain the logic behind this to me.

6 Likes

Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by Descartes: 11:17pm On Aug 19, 2014
Brimmie: You must be a Villager! sad That? Classic??

k
Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by lakpalakpa: 11:20pm On Aug 19, 2014
AZeD1: Only in Nigeria do people celebrate the building of Universities by a government that can't fund existing ones.

My brother the thing nor tire you??

grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by Descartes: 11:21pm On Aug 19, 2014
Brimmie: You must be a Villager! sad That? Classic??

k
Township guy, have you had access to some schools' computer labs in Naija
Am judging from what I have seen mr ITK angry
A

1 Like

Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by lakpalakpa: 11:22pm On Aug 19, 2014
WHAT ARE the cardinal objectives for which universities are established in Nigeria by the Federal Government?

Are federal universities established essentially to serve the myopic and selfish interests of some powerful and influential individuals in the country?

Are federal universities founded primarily as government’s direct response to the parochial demands emanating from certain geo-political zones in the country?

What is the point in recklessly and indiscriminately dotting the expansive landscape of the country with seemingly unviable federal universities that, from all indications, cannot survive the test of time?

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/01/the-three-new-federal-universities/

5 Likes

Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by Descartes: 11:27pm On Aug 19, 2014
eaglechild:
Did you say Ibadan?
Didn't you see long span aluminum roofs?
Where can you find such in Ibadan?
cheesy grin cheesy grin

9 Likes

Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by Descartes: 11:29pm On Aug 19, 2014
lakpalakpa:

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/01/the-three-new-federal-universities/
I can see you're really pained by this development. cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 19, 2014
Descartes:
Can't you be positive for once. angry
He will contact ebola if he does, don't press him.
One only needs to visit campuses of our universities and other tertiary institutions to see the wonderful works taking place funded directly by the FG and TETFUND. As infrastructural development is happening so is personnel and manpower development. It's indeed good times for our institutions of higher learning, can only pray it's sustained.
GEJ tazarce dole.

2 Likes

Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 19, 2014
AZeD1: Only in Nigeria do people celebrate the building of Universities by a government that can't fund existing ones.

Bad belle no go kill you. Over 70,000 Nigerians are currently in higher institutions in Ghana because of inadequate access to higher education in Nigeria.

Besides, Kogi state had no federal university before now. That is not too good for a whole state. Now they have one, which provides job opportunities and access to higher education for qualified undergraduates.

As for the existing schools, the FG recently gave them N200 billion intervention fund. Part or a major problem in some of the schools is mis-management or mis-allocation of available resources. Besides, these universities should not perpetually depend on govt for funds. The management should creatively look for other sources of funds

9 Likes

Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by Descartes: 11:33pm On Aug 19, 2014
APContherun:
He will contact ebola if he does, don't press him.
One only needs to visit campuses of our universities and other tertiary institutions to see the wonderful works taking place funded directly by the FG and TETFUND. As infrastructural development is happening so is personnel and manpower development. It's indeed good times for our institutions of higher learning, can only pray it's sustained.
GEJ tazarce dole.
The poor boy was really pained and restive angry
You saw how he was fuming all over this beautiful thread in an attempt to derail it angry
But all his antics were dead on arrival cool

3 Likes

Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by Nobody: 11:37pm On Aug 19, 2014
donphilopus: OP, did you create this thread to ridicule Sen. Smart Adeyemi and his fellow Kabba people?! Because we all know how he single-handedly fought for the establishment of the University in his state, believing it would be sited in his hometown. Unfortunately, Ibrahim Idris did some underground work and they sited the Campus in Lokoja.

PDP, being betraying themselves since 1999!
A very silly comment.

3 Likes

Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by Itoroetti(m): 11:51pm On Aug 19, 2014
tomorrow next thing u will hear this supporter of APC says will be that "GEJ hates the north" and i wonder where they got such lies.
tinubu was a governor for 8 yrs in lagos with an IGR can Carter for all the west african countries yet he couldnt built a school worthy of his daughter attending.couldnt built a common clinic that could handle his constant knee problem.yet he was proud to showcase his daughter graduating from a school in the US ,Yet this same man was proud to show us pics from the hospital he went for a common knee problem.these are the same people that tag themselve "progressive" and u ask urself,"does these men really understand what progressive means?
GEJ leads by example.he openly declared dat he has no child in foreign school and ofcourse it is verifiable.his daughter that just got married was a student in unical.can atiku,tinubu,rochas and even the fake incorruptible buhari also be proud to say all of their kids is are schooling in nigeria?

9 Likes

Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:58pm On Aug 19, 2014
Amaechi's secondary schools in portharcourt are better looking..

7 Likes

Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by Itoroetti(m): 11:59pm On Aug 19, 2014
atiku was a vice president in nigeria for 8yrs,what did he do to ensure the development of education in nigeria?the answer is nothing.he was busy competing with obj to determine who will build the most expensive school.while obj built Bells university in ogun state,he built america university in adamawa,yet these are they men we tag "progressive".
who is decieving who?
God will judge anyone who hates jonathan becos of his religion or because he is from d minority.

4 Likes

Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by Itoroetti(m): 12:05am On Aug 20, 2014
even a high govt critic such as eedris abdulkareem couldnt hide his feelings and thats why he came out openly to acknowlege the fact that GEJ is performing.
atiku was a vp for 8yrs,what did he do to uplift sport in d country so as to drive away idleness?nothing,yet we know he is d number one supporter of arsenal in africa.who is really fooling who?shey dem wan decieve us again?they want to push us back to d era where there was no rail transport.the want us to go bk to d era where the poor kids in d north had no hope of going to school so dat their masters could easily indoctrinate them in boko haram and other negative vices.but God will not let their evil plan to succeed

1 Like

Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by Itoroetti(m): 12:09am On Aug 20, 2014
Descartes:
Can't you be positive for once. angry

have u ever heard of satan acknowledging God?

2 Likes

Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by Descartes: 12:10am On Aug 20, 2014
Itoroetti:

have u ever heard of satan acknowledging God?
De tin taya me angry sad

1 Like

Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by Descartes: 12:20am On Aug 20, 2014
@Seun
@Ngwakwe
@Mynd44
@Obinoscopy
This thread is begging for FrontPage wink lipsrsealed
Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by vicadex07(m): 12:28am On Aug 20, 2014
They have increased their noise now that election is near. Abegi make we hear word. undecided

All this rush-rush projects they are doing now to impress us are going to be abandoned once they are voted back in. Is it not PDP again. We have been used to their antics since 1999 so am not surprised. Its only a fool that will clamour that PDP is voted back in. angry

4 Likes

Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by macsika: 12:32am On Aug 20, 2014
It's very beautiful until some set of people enter the school.by the way it's not all about beauty, how's the Academic standard?

1 Like

Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by Missy89(f): 12:33am On Aug 20, 2014
looks like a secondary school.

neat thou

2 Likes

Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by Truckpusher(m): 12:42am On Aug 20, 2014
lakpalakpa: A new bakery to annually churn out half-baked educated illiterates..

angry angry angry
Is it not better to be a half -baked educated illiterate than to be backward like your heart?

1 Like

Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by jessetom(m): 12:44am On Aug 20, 2014
ChAi!!!! I shame fore fupre..... They don't have anything but only know how to boast "first in africa". Mtcheeeew rubish!!!!!
Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by Truckpusher(m): 12:45am On Aug 20, 2014
Missy89: looks like a secondary school.

neat thou
Which secondary school? In another planet?
it could even look like a poultry cheesy

1 Like

Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by sharawwy(m): 12:47am On Aug 20, 2014
Descartes: @Sincere9gerian, please I will appreciate it more if you can get us reports from other regions.
I guess this one is from North Central Region cool
So?!?!?! Re u dumb or wat?!?!

1 Like

Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by Nobody: 12:47am On Aug 20, 2014
Why is it that Nigeria's development scream mediocrity? Jeez! I don't see the infrastructure of this university up to standard. PTUI! How is Nigeria going to remain GIANT of Africa with this kind of development? I am really infuriated by the fact that it is called a university. angry lipsrsealed cry

8 Likes

Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by Truckpusher(m): 12:53am On Aug 20, 2014
all4naija: Why is it that Nigeria's development scream mediocrity? Jeez! I don't see the infrastructure of this university up to standard. PTUI! How is Nigeria going to remain GIANT of Africa with this kind of development. I am really infuriated by the fact that it is called a university. angry lipsrsealed cry
Don't worry come, and see this same school after 5 yrs you would agree that the problem of Nigeria isn't just the people in govt(leaders) but the people(followers) also.

1 Like

Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by patostation(m): 12:56am On Aug 20, 2014
fyneguy: It looks like my secondary school in Ibadan, back in the day.

Same here. It reminds me of the community secondary school in my village.

2 Likes

Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by 1stola: 12:56am On Aug 20, 2014
eaglechild:
Did you say Ibadan?
Didn't you see long span aluminum roofs?
Where can you find such in Ibadan?
what is this one saying
All this mushroom universities sef...

2 Likes

Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by Lobolintin(m): 12:58am On Aug 20, 2014
Largas: I don't even recognize which is administrative complex, lecture hall, hostel, etc.

You could have titled them.
can't you read ni..... ?
Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by zozayi(m): 12:58am On Aug 20, 2014
[quote author=lakpalakpa]A new bakery to annually churn out half-baked educated illiterates..

You seem to be one of those educated illiterates because
Re: Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, In Pictures by ogtavia(m): 1:01am On Aug 20, 2014
What is wrong with ourr architecture in dis country??...see how simple and drab those buildings look..pls no one should lecture me on cost..dnt even go there..

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Admission Into University Of Ibadan, Ibadan / Little Lagos Boy Who Swore He Wants To Be A Yahoo Boy Starts School (photo) / Names Of 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria Released By NUC - Full List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.