Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Man Fakes Own Death To Avoid Upcoming Wedding!!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Fakes Own Death To Avoid Upcoming Wedding!!! (1679 Views)

She Is Seeking Permission To Invite Her 'aristo' To Her Upcoming Wedding / SHOCKING.. Man Fakes His Own Death To Avoid Marrying Girlfriend (VIDEO) / Man Fakes Own Death To Avoid Upcoming Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Fakes Own Death To Avoid Upcoming Wedding!!! by moneybag100: 12:29am On Aug 20, 2014
Wedding season is upon us. It's understandable that some people get cold feet, but this guy went to extremes to avoid getting married — by faking his own death.

Tucker Blandford, 23, met his bride-to-be, Alex Lanchester, in August 2012 at a college in Connecticut. They hit it off and quickly fell in love.

Lanchester, from the United Kingdom, was studying abroad for a year. When that year was up, they shared a tearful goodbye at the airport, where Blandford got down on one knee and proposed.

They were to be married on Aug. 15. Lanchester spent over $1,000 on wedding invitations, the photographer, the wedding dress, and other preparations. Blandford even booked a venue on the campus where they had met.

Then one day Lanchester got a phone call from a man identifying himself as Tucker's "dad," saying his son had been depressed and had "thrown himself in front of a car," ending his life.

Devastated, she called Tucker's mother to offer condolences. Tucker's mother told Lanchester that her son was in fact alive and well.

Tucker later admitted that he had impersonated his father on the call. He told a reporter at the UK's Daily Mail: "I'm a terrible, awful person. I know I shouldn't have told her I was dead, but I didn't know what else to do. Alex is an amazing girl, but I got scared and wanted to get out of the relationship."

Lanchester is moving on from all this and is back in the United States, traveling.

She's handling this well, but what do you think about how this guy avoided his own wedding?

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/man-fakes-own-death-to-avoid-upcoming-wedding-200831697.html

Re: Man Fakes Own Death To Avoid Upcoming Wedding!!! by Nobody: 1:15am On Aug 20, 2014
Re: Man Fakes Own Death To Avoid Upcoming Wedding!!! by Tolutunz(f): 1:38am On Aug 20, 2014
hmmmmmm
Re: Man Fakes Own Death To Avoid Upcoming Wedding!!! by Tolutunz(f): 1:39am On Aug 20, 2014
shit happens, so bored...ping muah 7E005F8C
Re: Man Fakes Own Death To Avoid Upcoming Wedding!!! by Godmother(f): 4:14am On Aug 20, 2014
Couldn't he have just told her he was no longer interested or needed some time off. Why the extreme?
Re: Man Fakes Own Death To Avoid Upcoming Wedding!!! by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 20, 2014
That's the exact reason why ogun will strike him dead. Since he wants to die
Liar!
Very wicked somebody.
Does he know how a breakup hurts?
Let alone loosing a loved 1 to death.
Re: Man Fakes Own Death To Avoid Upcoming Wedding!!! by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 20, 2014
although the act was wrong, but it got the intended purpose, which was: NOT to marry this lady
Re: Man Fakes Own Death To Avoid Upcoming Wedding!!! by priscaoge(f): 9:42am On Aug 20, 2014
Not only a terrible and awful person, U are worst than that. What if Amadioha decides to strangle u to death since u wish urself death huh? How wicked can people be? Y don't u be a "MAN" by walking up to her, and tell her to her face that u are no longer interested instead of faking ur death and causing her more pain undecided undecided.
Re: Man Fakes Own Death To Avoid Upcoming Wedding!!! by dytbabe: 9:44am On Aug 20, 2014
Hehehhehehehehehehe
E dey happen die
An ex once told me he was dead bt found him alive after a year
grin grin grin grin grin
Resurrection toh badt
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Man Fakes Own Death To Avoid Upcoming Wedding!!! by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 20, 2014
priscaoge: Not only a terrible and awful person, U are worst than that. What if Amadioha decides to strangle u to death since u wish urself death huh? How wicked can people be? Y don't u be a "MAN" by walking up to her, and tell her to her face that u are no longer interested instead of faking ur death and causing her more pain undecided undecided.

whatever he did would have caused pain....and if walking to her was "that easy" thats what he will have done. the truth is that some women can commit suicide (or worse) when men have cold feet and decide to call off the wedding plans.
Re: Man Fakes Own Death To Avoid Upcoming Wedding!!! by moneybag100: 12:26pm On Aug 20, 2014
Godmother: Couldn't he have just told her he was no longer interested or needed some time off. Why the extreme?
Some time off when wedding invitation distributed? Na bullet he want for his head if he says that.
Re: Man Fakes Own Death To Avoid Upcoming Wedding!!! by priscaoge(f): 3:11pm On Aug 20, 2014
MRbrownJAY:

whatever he did would have caused pain....and if walking to her was "that easy" thats what he will have done. the truth is that some women can commit suicide (or worse) when men have cold feet and decide to call off the wedding plans.
Seriously it's very bad. sad
Re: Man Fakes Own Death To Avoid Upcoming Wedding!!! by SpcAgtOko: 3:14pm On Aug 20, 2014
Godmother: Couldn't he have just told her he was no longer interested or needed some time off. Why the extreme?
Yeah this.
Whatever happened to just being honest?
Re: Man Fakes Own Death To Avoid Upcoming Wedding!!! by moneybag100: 11:58pm On Aug 20, 2014
SpcAgtOko:
Yeah this.
Whatever happened to just being honest?
Lol
Re: Man Fakes Own Death To Avoid Upcoming Wedding!!! by passionate88: 12:18am On Aug 21, 2014
Tolutunz: shit happens, so bored...ping muah 7E005F8C
Recharge cards must be involved
Re: Man Fakes Own Death To Avoid Upcoming Wedding!!! by Dygeasy(m): 12:19am On Aug 21, 2014
Tolutunz: shit happens, so bored...ping muah 7E005F8C
Na that boredom go kill you. Scammer Oshi!
Re: Man Fakes Own Death To Avoid Upcoming Wedding!!! by Dygeasy(m): 12:22am On Aug 21, 2014
dytbabe: Hehehhehehehehehehe
E dey happen die
An ex once told me he was dead bt found him alive after a year
grin grin grin grin grin
Resurrection toh badt
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
As in he told you himself? tonguegrincheesy
Re: Man Fakes Own Death To Avoid Upcoming Wedding!!! by passionate88: 12:23am On Aug 21, 2014
The guy is one lucky dude... Better a broken engagement than a broken marriage grin grin grin grin.... He knew in his heart of heart that marrying her will be one of the greatest mistake he will make in life. Congrats guy man... Now u re as free as a bird.
Re: Man Fakes Own Death To Avoid Upcoming Wedding!!! by Godmother(f): 2:13am On Aug 21, 2014
MRbrownJAY:

Yes whatever would have caused her pain. But now what he did would cause her pain and humiliation. That he wud go to such extremes just to opt out of the wedding. Like I said earlier, a simple " I no do again" would have been better.
Re: Man Fakes Own Death To Avoid Upcoming Wedding!!! by Nobody: 3:11am On Aug 21, 2014
Godmother: Yes whatever would have caused her pain. But now what he did would cause her pain and humiliation. That he wud go to such extremes just to opt out of the wedding. Like I said earlier, a simple " I no do again" would have been better.

i fully understand you, but we also have to put in perspective the fact that women go crazy the minute someone says:"lets get married"

you have to put yourself in this man's shoes and ask the PROPER question......... try to imagine/comprehend what went through this man's mind that he thought faking his own death was better than facing this lady and tell her the truth. haba!
Re: Man Fakes Own Death To Avoid Upcoming Wedding!!! by Godmother(f): 3:30am On Aug 21, 2014
MRbrownJAY:

i fully understand you, but we also have to put in perspective the fact that women go crazy the minute someone says:"lets get married"

you have to put yourself in this man's shoes and ask the PROPER question......... try to imagine/comprehend what went through this man's mind that he thought faking his own death was better than facing this lady and tell her the truth. haba!

Jay, lots of people get cold feet concerning marriage, especially men. But the way I see it, the truth would still have been preferable in this instance. Contrary to what men think, women do appreciate the truth, even if they don't like hearing it at a particular time.

The guy in question was selfish and thought of himself and what he wanted alone. Telling the lady his fears may have not gone down well initially, but with time she would get over it.
Re: Man Fakes Own Death To Avoid Upcoming Wedding!!! by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 21, 2014
Godmother:

Jay, lots of people get cold feet concerning marriage, especially men. But the way I see it, the truth would still have been preferable in this instance. Contrary to what men think, women do appreciate the truth, even if they don't like hearing it at a particular time.

The guy in question was selfish and thought of himself and what he wanted alone. Telling the lady his fears may have not gone down well initially, but with time she would get over it.

pls dont get me wrong, i do believe that the truth is ALWAYS best....... but we all know that is not how people view life.

have you never found yourself in a situation where you couldnt tell the truth (or be yourself) because of how people would perceive the real you? we all go through it, and all deal with it the best we see fit. not everybody is brave enough to be themselves.
Re: Man Fakes Own Death To Avoid Upcoming Wedding!!! by Eviel(f): 1:35pm On Aug 21, 2014
Talk about cold feet
Re: Man Fakes Own Death To Avoid Upcoming Wedding!!! by Bawsse(m): 1:37pm On Aug 21, 2014
LOOOL... C PACKAGING
Re: Man Fakes Own Death To Avoid Upcoming Wedding!!! by megareal: 2:24pm On Aug 21, 2014
What are the odds the guy really dies tomorrow?
Re: Man Fakes Own Death To Avoid Upcoming Wedding!!! by moneybag100: 3:09pm On Aug 21, 2014
megareal: What are the odds the guy really dies tomorrow?
The odds are 1% because he's not ill or suffering from any ailment that state he will dies tomorrow.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is A Real Man? / When He/she Says This..... What Does It Mean / When You Are High In Love, And You Are The Branch Manager (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.