Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,992 members, 7,952,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:30 AM

Enugu Moves To Check Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Moves To Check Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes (2832 Views)

FG working “silently” to resolve herdsmen/farmers clashes – Lai Mohammed / Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes May Cause National Crisis – Oshiomhole, Mimiko / FG Moves To Check Fulani Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Moves To Check Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:54am On Aug 20, 2014
IGBOSON1: You see all those lush green hills we normally see in the north (specifically Adamawa highlands and Mambilla Plateau)......can someone tell me why all those hills are not enough for the herdsmen? Why do they leave all those places and come all the way down to the south?......Doesn't make sense!
One Nigeria. Is the SE not big enough to accomodate Ndigbo that makes them to troop to Lagos to the extent that they now claim they make up 43% of the population of Lagos State?

1 Like

Re: Enugu Moves To Check Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes by abu12: 10:00am On Aug 20, 2014
Long over due, Anambra state shld follow suite, and FG shld implement the policy for all state to have a grazing reserve
Re: Enugu Moves To Check Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes by Beync(f): 10:00am On Aug 20, 2014
hushmail: very very wrong move

gve an inch they request a mile

thank God d bill z yet to b debated

must moblize to ensure is nt passed into law

please do everything possible if its within your reach. Whoever is thinking towards this direction really need slaps of reality. Fulani people are murderers. See what's happening in jos, benues ets. Enugu people protect your future peace don't sell it out for a piece of ram. Any body panting igbo people troop to other states to do business is a morronn. Igbos don't get free lands to do business, build houses, school or church anywhere. They buy it and they don't pose any trait to community live and properties to host.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Moves To Check Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes by MzJackBaueress(f): 10:02am On Aug 20, 2014
Sai One Nijeriya ke nan!

cool cheesy
Re: Enugu Moves To Check Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes by cheruv: 10:12am On Aug 20, 2014
I've nothing to say except this angry
shame on the govt of enugwu for putting the future of the people at risk!!
shame on the people of enugwu for selling the future peace and security of their children for a bag of salt!!!
angry sad sad

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Moves To Check Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes by IGBOSON1: 10:17am On Aug 20, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
One Nigeria. Is the SE not big enough to accomodate Ndigbo that makes them to troop to Lagos to the extent that they now claim they make up 43% of the population of Lagos State?

^^^With all due respect...you sound daft!

I didn't say they were not allowed in the South East, rather i asked a simple question: why would they leave all those lush green hills up north and travel all the way down south?.....Doesn't make sense! The thing you dey go find for Sokoto dey your Shokoto!

If you and your ilk hadn't tried to be clever by half, by causing the country to have just one commercial/industrial centre in Lagos; with all other seaports being systematically killed off or put on life support; with Lagos being the only city with a functioning international airport for decades; with other regions commercial/industrial centres being neglected while everything was directed to Lagos.......perhaps if all this wasn't the case then you wouldn't have as many Ndigbo 'trooping' down to Lagos as you claim! Even now as other regions are getting international airports and deep sea ports (thanks to the new level playing field GEJ has brought about), some of you are still bitter about it, thinking it will take business away from your precious Lagos!

If Nigeria was a just and egalitarian society, at least Port Harcourt (if not Enugu) should have had a world-class/kick-arrse terminal built at Omagba decades ago.....its region being the goose that lays the golden egg!

7 Likes

Re: Enugu Moves To Check Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes by smallJagaban: 10:23am On Aug 20, 2014
HAHAHAHAHA!!
WITH THIS ENUGU IS NO MAN'S LAND
Re: Enugu Moves To Check Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes by Truckpusher(m): 10:39am On Aug 20, 2014
arewafederation:

Do you know that many of these fulani nomads have NO RELIGION.

Stop this arrogant display of ignorance.
In as much as I'm aware that these guys are animist in nature they are still the foot soldiers of the Islamic North.So, you just sharrap and stop spreading ignorance that makes fools to marvel at you.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Moves To Check Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes by EasternLeopard: 10:43am On Aug 20, 2014
How much was he bribed to present this bill

I hope he is not doing this to buy Arewa votes when it is the turn of Ndigbo to rule Nigeria

Another Rochas rising in Enugu

His foolishness will be ridiculed at the state assembly

1 Like

Re: Enugu Moves To Check Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes by bongila(f): 10:50am On Aug 20, 2014
Some of these leaders really need Psych evaluation I swear.
Like they've not seen or even heard of the incessant clashes with host communities.Invite them in today and watch them try to push you out tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Moves To Check Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes by agamenon(m): 10:55am On Aug 20, 2014
By the authority confined on me by the entire nsukka people,I here by sentence nwanba aka pussy cat to death by hanging.Ehalumona people should make sure that who ever sees nwamba the cat should no that it is his duty to stab him instantly.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Moves To Check Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes by agamenon(m): 11:06am On Aug 20, 2014
With due respect boy,do you no that what you suggested was what the PLATEAU AND NASARAWA people did and today they are reaping the fruit of there labour.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Moves To Check Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes by agamenon(m): 11:18am On Aug 20, 2014
It looks idiotic for some one to suggest that the Fulanies has no religion.who is usman dan fodio,is he not a fulani man,remember he killed the ruling Habe dynasty in hausa land and entroned Fulani Oligarchy.so read your history.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Moves To Check Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes by thewarrior72: 11:19am On Aug 20, 2014
prophetone: Sorry to derail, but has anyone seen thewarrior72? we have unfinished business.

Igbo-chop-sand-band, you have come to deceive again with the fantasies in your head, why are your people screaming from pillar to post seeking for a party to be accepted in? The PDP which you are squatting with is founded and controlled by northerners, and you have insulted the APC in your land in your usual political naivety. Every Igbo wants to have an Igbo President, even if for nothing, to ease your inferiority complex among all Nigerians. The only reason you support GJ is because of his performance (?) in the east and the names he deceived you with to strip you of your votes, does that not mean you want a President? The reason there has not been an Igbo President is not because you don't want it, but because you are politically and economically irrelevant. The North, Middle Belt and SW produces agriculture which contributes to the GDP of the country, the SS produces oil, what does the East contribute? Nothing! Empty chestbeaters.

You have come here with your self-consoling anti-north propaganda, the achievements of the north from it's years in power are innumerable. The fact that the northerner in not a chest-beater, and that you lack the exposure that travel affords educated minds does not mean you should showcase your resultant ignorance.

1.The fact that the North has the best motorable roads and agricultural infrastructure in the country did not come from losing wars.
2. The multiplicity of factories and industries in the north such as Textile, Cement, Milling, Dairy, Car Assembly (PAN) etc. were not achieved by being politically irrelevant.
3. The major source of electricity in the country (Kainji Dam) - Niger, the capital city - Abuja, the only Military Academy (NDA) - Kaduna, the only aviation college (NCAT) - Zaria, the only weapons manufacturer (DICON) - Kaduna, the first Car Factory (PAN) - Kaduna, should I continue or are you still asking what the North achieved with its power? For more visit https://www.nairaland.com/1841528/lions-den-arewa
4. The emergence of Dangote as the richest black man on earth, worth more than the entire Igbo industrialists put together, would not have been possible with Ojukwu in power.

With your level of illiteracy, ignorance and border line lack of cerebral capacity evidenced by your lack of comprehension, articulation, punctuation and diction are manifestations of the failure of your education (to which i advise you claim a refund from your headmaster) and mirrors the weakness of the educational system of the entire country, and the extent of human ignorance if left unchecked.

As i stated earlier, your regrettable lack of exposure can be an excuse for the utterance of such an audacious fallacy. The cities in the north have the best roads in the country and are cleaner than the whole of red sandy ala'igbo combined. The lack of ordinary land and scourge of erosion, heightened with the poor hygiene of the people has turned the whole of Aba, Owerri, Onitsha etc. into nose-shrivelling slums. For your info, i have been in Anambra and have seen the shanties and deplorable conditions your people live in. You cannot fool all the people, all the time. One would think you will be too busy dealing with the societal cancers of the east (robbery, kidnapping, baby production, granny rape_ cannibalism etc), or pondering on your political irrelevance to be peddling cheap propaganda.

Try to reply without diluting your argument with insults like almajiri/terrorist/bh etc. and I promise to be nice and not use Osu/Cannibal/Igbo/Nyamiri. Aboki is fine because I'm a friend to everyone, even illiterate imps.
I must be giving this aboki cum terrorist a sleepless night.....lol grin

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Moves To Check Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes by Blackfire(m): 11:25am On Aug 20, 2014
when trouble sleep,iyanga go wake am, wetin he dey find..,palavar
Re: Enugu Moves To Check Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes by Ozonna(m): 11:27am On Aug 20, 2014
agamenon: By the authority confined on me by the entire nsukka people,I here by sentence nwanba aka pussy cat to death by hanging.Ehalumona people should make sure that who ever sees nwamba the cat should no that it is his duty to stab him instantly.

Seems like you know him personally? Please kindly advise him to withdraw this bill.

Maybe he wants to win the trust of northerners and enter into mainstream national politics. Please he should be advised against this bill because if Enugu is turned to another Plateau, the air that he inhales will turn to poison. He will spend all his money on medical bills and even borrow but it will still not be enough to cure him.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Moves To Check Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes by agamenon(m): 11:31am On Aug 20, 2014
I am from Ehalumona and also nwamba is somehow from there too.the truth is that nwambas Biological father is a fulani soldier ,so his umunna. Should take note.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Moves To Check Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:37am On Aug 20, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^With all due respect...you sound daft!

I didn't say they were not allowed in the South East, rather i asked a simple question: why would they leave all those lush green hills up north and travel all the way down south?.....Doesn't make sense! The thing you dey go find for Sokoto dey your Shokoto!

If you and your ilk hadn't tried to be clever by half, by causing the country to have just one commercial/industrial centre in Lagos; with all other seaports being systematically killed off or put on life support; with Lagos being the only city with a functioning international airport for decades; with other regions commercial/industrial centres being neglected while everything was directed to Lagos.......perhaps if all this wasn't the case then you wouldn't have as many Ndigbo 'trooping' down to Lagos as you claim! Even now as other regions are getting international airports and deep sea ports (thanks to the new level playing field GEJ has brought about), some of you are still bitter about it, thinking it will take business away from your precious Lagos!

If Nigeria was a just and egalitarian society, at least Port Harcourt (if not Enugu) should have had a world-class/kick-arrse terminal built at Omagba decades ago.....its region being the goose that lays the golden egg!
Without sounding harsh, you're clueless. For many years now the nomadic Fulani have been going to different parts of the country, you're just asking why they do that. Is it because the Enugu State House of Assembly is giving them a grazing land, a thing Ndigbo arrogance won't allow them to easily make happen? O ge me gi voom n'anya gi mgbe umu Fulani ga ne ji ala unu ne me ihe ha choru.
Re: Enugu Moves To Check Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:40am On Aug 20, 2014
Beync: please do everything possible if its within your reach. Whoever is thinking towards this direction really need slaps of reality. Fulani people are murderers. See what's happening in jos, benues ets. Enugu people protect your future peace don't sell it out for a piece of ram. Any body panting igbo people troop to other states to do business is a morronn. Igbos don't get free lands to do business, build houses, school or church anywhere. They buy it and they don't pose any trait to community live and properties to host.
. . . And who tells you that setting aside a grazing reserve means selling the lands to herdsmen?
Re: Enugu Moves To Check Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes by Beync(f): 11:44am On Aug 20, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
. . . And who tells you that setting aside a grazing reserve means selling the lands to herdsmen?
an who tells you it's safe dash fulani murders free grazing land anywhere they found themselves?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Moves To Check Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes by thewarrior72: 11:44am On Aug 20, 2014
This doesn't come as a surprise to me, after all It's only in anugu state u find an igbo man as a Muslim. So this bill might be a means of pleasing their Muslim population who are inclined to they Muslim-fulani masters undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Enugu Moves To Check Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:45am On Aug 20, 2014
bongila: Some of these leaders really need Psych evaluation I swear.
Like they've not seen or even heard of the incessant clashes with host communities.Invite them in today and watch them try to push you out tomorrow.
It is the need to stop incessant clashes with the locals that is making the House of Assembly to take the step. The locals can't go to the reserved grazing field just as the herdsmen can't take their cattle out of it.
Re: Enugu Moves To Check Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:49am On Aug 20, 2014
Beync: an who tells you it's safe dash fulani murders free grazing land anywhere they found themselves?
Why think all Fulani herdsmen are murders, and as a result should be denied grazing land? Should the people of the north conclude that all Igbo men are kidnappers and ritualists, and as such asked to leave the north?
One Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Moves To Check Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:52am On Aug 20, 2014
thewarrior72: This doesn't come as a surprise to me, after all It's only in anugu state u find an igbo man as a Muslim. So this bill might be a means of pleasing their Muslim population who are inclined to they Muslim-fulani masters undecided undecided
There are muslims in Abakaliki, Ebonyi State. They are putting finish touch to their plans to set up an Islamic university there.
One Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Moves To Check Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes by Collynzo8: 11:57am On Aug 20, 2014
People it is only a bill, you can be rest assured that it wouldn't be passed into law.
Nothing to worry about.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Moves To Check Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes by thewarrior72: 11:59am On Aug 20, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
There are muslims in Abakaliki, Ebonyi State. They are putting finish touch to their plans to set up an Islamic university there.
One Nigeria.
Dream on, it is allowed undecided undecided
Re: Enugu Moves To Check Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes by Beync(f): 12:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Why think all Fulani herdsmen are murders, and as a result should be denied grazing land? Should the people of the north conclude that all Igbo men are kidnappers and ritualists, and as such asked to leave the north?
One Nigeria.
there's no relationship between igbos doing business in north and fulani terrorists carrying ak47, knives, daggers and charms, invading villages and killing harmless women and innocent children in their farms. Fulani/hausa men do their normal businesses, bringing yam, rice, beans, groundnut, tomatoes, etc and shoe cobblers in the east and no one is having a fuse with them. Igbo men while they do their business over their, they maintaining law and order. They don't constitute any trait to lives and properties, don't you get? Are you ignorant of what these fulani herdsmen have done and are still doing to their host communities? Please stop asking me irrelevant questions. There's enough grazing grounds in their states of origin. Thought you people said the east is small enclave, you people have caused enough harm already.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Moves To Check Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:22pm On Aug 20, 2014
Beync: there's no relationship between igbos doing business in north and fulani terrorists carrying ak47, knives, daggers and charms, invading villages and killing harmless women and innocent children in their farms. Fulani/hausa men do their normal businesses, bringing yam, rice, beans, groundnut, tomatoes, etc and shoe cobblers in the east and no one is having a fuse with them. Igbo men while they do their business over their, they maintaining law and order. They don't constitute any trait to lives and properties, don't you get? Are you ignorant of what these fulani herdsmen have done and are still doing to their host communities? Please stop asking me irrelevant questions. There's enough grazing grounds in their states of origin. Thought you people said the east is small enclave, you people have caused enough harm already.
Don't confuse Fulani with Hausa.
Complain that the nomadic Fulani clash with the locals; it is to forestall this that the Enugu House of Assembly plans to give them a reserved area to do their business.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Moves To Check Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:24pm On Aug 20, 2014
thewarrior72: Dream on, it is allowed undecided undecided
One Nigeria!
Re: Enugu Moves To Check Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes by prophetone(m): 12:28pm On Aug 20, 2014
thewarrior72: I must be giving this aboki cum terrorist a sleepless night.....lol grin

Hehe your sleepless nights are because you work in a baby factory. I'm only knocking some sense into your Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Moves To Check Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes by Beync(f): 12:35pm On Aug 20, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Don't confuse Fulani with Hausa.
Complain that the nomadic Fulani clash with the locals; it is to forestall this that the Enugu House of Assembly plans to give them a reserved area to do their business.
it's very irrational to surround normal humans with barbaric fulani herdsmen in every state, do you take pleasure in all these happenings where fulani men invades communities, killing every living thing, doing away with their belongings? I mean all these happens in states where they were given grazing lands yet they encroach and destroy other people's farm. They should limit grazing activities to sambisa

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Moves To Check Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes by bongila(f): 12:39pm On Aug 20, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
It is the need to stop incessant clashes with the locals that is making the House of Assembly to take the step. The locals can't go to the reserved grazing field just as the herdsmen can't take their cattle out of it.

Giving them grazing fields isn't going to stop the clashes you know why? There is something called over-grazing!
When they've exhausted the pasture,what next?They'll demand for another parcel of land,and another and another till......
That's when you'll realise that "while men slept,the enemy went to sow tares in the wheat field".

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Is What Nigeria Has Been Reduced To (Picture) / (photo) After Earthquake, Nepalese Cruxified Missionaries / Osinbajo Locked Out Of Security Meeting Yesterday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.