Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,326 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud (37033 Views)

Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation / Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu / Minister Of Health Warns Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by gboodoo(m): 10:20am On Aug 20, 2014
That he was relieved of his duties for proper investigation to be carried doesn't in any way mean he was guilty. U can't be a judge in ur own case so he had to live so as not to compromise d investigation. I don't understand why educated nigerians in quote can't reason with out bias. If he is cleared at d national assembly with out dis issue cropping up, it means he was not indicted period. For once let us stop calling a dog a bad name just to hang it. Pls don't let ur love or hatred for d opposition or d govt of d day becloud ur sense of reasoning and stop portraying an average nigerian as lacking in logical reasoning.

7 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by BUSHHUNTER: 10:22am On Aug 20, 2014
SouthLeast and Fraud
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 20, 2014
Both OP and de suspended Doctors should go ve a life.

These lazy talks will lead dem no where. After all de said minister is performing
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by phantom(m): 10:23am On Aug 20, 2014
Dreambeat: So why did he not return to his post after the 'clearance'.Something tells me that he was probably indicted but because of his political affiliation,his friends didn't want him disgraced hence was given a milder punishment of not returning to his duties.

God bless you! this is probably the smartest post on this issue.

2 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by legacyint: 10:24am On Aug 20, 2014
:PI ve always observe onyebuchi chuckwu with keen interest,i knew he is of those rogue appointed into office because of his of his corrupt tendecies.another mile stone in the transformation agenda of JEJ
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by ghettodreamz(m): 10:24am On Aug 20, 2014
adanduka: The post doesn't say he was sacked for fraud.

He was relieved of his position which means he was sacked. A new appointee was offered his position, if they weren't so convinced about him perpetrating the crime, and only wanted to carry out further and in-depth investigation about the fraud allegation, a simple suspension from duty would have done the magic. For them to have sacked him, appointed a new person to occupy his seat, without being reinstated suggests that he's definitely not clean from the alleged mess.

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 20, 2014
ephemm: This is pure nonsense!!!

As much I will not support any corrupt practice, I will still say bringing up this issue at this time is "stupid".

Whoever dug this up and is bringing it out at this time is not wise and does not love this nation.

The minister was screened by the senate I guess, why didn't you bring this up then?, We could have stop the thief then.

I guess you tried to blackmail him with this info now and he did not fall for you, or maybe you just sympathize with the "gluttonous" NMA strike action.
Well said
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Noneroone(m): 10:25am On Aug 20, 2014
emmydeep: My friend, posting things like this will never help you.

Doctor Onyebuchi was never indicted in the investigation. The people that was found guilty was later arrested and tried in court.

Please, correct yourself and get some education.
many striking doctors are also on nairaland nah.
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 20, 2014
Yorubas are at it again. They attack Stella Oduah, Attack Oteh, attack Nkonjo Iweala, Diezani Madueke, and now? You people are just wasting your time. If he is removed, just as Stella Oduah, another Igbo person will replace him.

Fresh air till 2013 GEJ!!!

2 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by fkaz(m): 10:26am On Aug 20, 2014
[size=14pt]stealing is not corruption - GEJ [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by dalhat14(m): 10:26am On Aug 20, 2014
Morotov1: Stop washing your dirty linens in public.
It lays credence to a lot of allegations against doctors in administrative positions.
come on, this has nothing with his being a doctor, stop looking for cheap points, doctors infact want his sack because he's destroying our health system by wrongly advising Mr president on the residency programme, as was shown in d article he's always been cheating on resident doctors. Infact, NMA demand number 25 #Onyebuchimustgo

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 20, 2014
Yorubas are at it again. They attacked Stella Oduah, continue to attack Oteh, Nkonjo Iweala, Diezani Madueke, and now our highly esteemed Dr. Onyebuchi Chukwu? You people are just wasting your time. If he is removed, just as Stella Oduah, another Igbo person will replace him. We don't talk too much. If you all are so fascinated with corruption, start in Lagos with Tinubu!

Fresh air till 2023 with option to continue till 2027 GEJ!!!

5 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Beaf1: 10:27am On Aug 20, 2014
He is messing with the MNA. They are fighting back grin
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by obailala(m): 10:27am On Aug 20, 2014
First of all, it can be argued that he wasn't indicted after investigations were concluded (this we all know would be the eventual outcome of this expose).

Secondly it is not news that the entire public service in Nigeria reeks of corruption, so why should anyone be surprised at this expose.

Thirdly, I see no need to raise up this dusted issue by whoever because going by the antecedents of GEJ (and other Nigeria leaders inclusive), it is not news that the man GEJ has an uncommon affinity for corrupt/indicted individuals and even if this case is revisited properly and it turns out the health minister is a corrupt rogue, I can bet my last dime (and even my life) that he would be personally defended by his amiable oga at the top..

Now being defended by his oga on top may not be my greatest concern. My greatest worry is that if there is a social media uproar based on this case, some myopic brothers of mine from the east would begin a counter online campaign in his support claiming he's being persecuted because he's from a certain region of the country... The sad thing is that these set of misguided individuals fail to realise that their relatives are the direct victims of such malpractices especially as it is the health sector.

6 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by MizMyColi(f): 10:27am On Aug 20, 2014
Three7Ty9:

Lol! Babe, chill, they'll sweep it under some rug again.

Only in Nigeria!

Shaking my head for dear country angry

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 20, 2014
theplanmaker: this minister is a bat! he is neither a bird nor a rat

priceless.. i am going to use this .. with your permission.. grin grin
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by dalhat14(m): 10:30am On Aug 20, 2014
mployer: Lol,
The doctors have decided to fight back cheesy
We are watching.
ehn nau, #Onyebuchimustgo
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by 9jatatafo(m): 10:31am On Aug 20, 2014
ayusco85: how is that any of my business?

**men this lipton tea is sweet without sugar**
Free advert for lipton tea
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Reference(m): 10:32am On Aug 20, 2014
Wow. This is so, so not good. Indicted or not. The Feds should have avoided him like a plague or kept him in political quarantine....I mean isolation....I mean under surveillance....observation....monitoring....whatever.

4 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by ayusco85(m): 10:32am On Aug 20, 2014
9jatatafo: Free advert for lipton tea

kermit the frog has done great for lipton grin

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Morotov1(m): 10:32am On Aug 20, 2014
mbulela:
So lab technologists are saints?
What brings Lab technologist to the discussion thought he is a doctor.
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 20, 2014
smiley
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by arabbunkum: 10:33am On Aug 20, 2014
The striking doctors are behind this dirty work.
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by arabbunkum: 10:34am On Aug 20, 2014
The striking doctors are behind this dirty work. Politics of blackmail.
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by dontalk: 10:34am On Aug 20, 2014
sexylogan: Only in Nigeria

Category:News | Date:2008-09-20
N36m fraud hits Ebonyi University Teaching Hospital, CMD sacked
The Ebonyi State government has uncovered fraud to the tune of N36 million at the state University Teaching Hospital, causing the State Government to sack the Chief Medical Director of the hospital, Dr. Onyebuchi Chukwu.

The Nation gathered that the fraud was padded up in the allowances and arrears to be paid to resident doctors, when government demanded for vouchers to be prepared for the payment of resident doctors’ accumulated allowances and arrears.

Sources revealed that there was additional N36 million naira to the total sum of N200 million, which was the actual amount that was supposed to be the accumulated wage bill causing the state government to suspect that the hospital management did not provide the actual figure for the payment of the allowances and arrears.

In its efforts to carryout investigation into the matter, the State Government decided to relieve the Chief Medical Director, Dr. Onyebuchi Chukwu, of his position for what source described as "genuine investigation of the fraud."

This development, a source said, led to the indefinite industrial action embarked upon by the resident doctors in the state teaching hospital.

A new Chief Medical Director has been appointed. He is Dr. Ekuma Aja, a renowned consultant surgeon and retired rear admiral of the Nigeria Navy.

Hospital sources noted that the new CMD faced a herculian task in his new duty as a lot of needless actions were taken by the CMD in terms of victimization of some medical personnel on tribal grounds.

Reacting to the matter, a public analyst in the state, Mr. George Nwankwo, called on the State Government to establish a general hospital in Abakaliki metropolis, stressing that the absence of a general hospital has made lifre difficult for the people.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/archive2/tblnews_Detail.php?id=63338

What a smear propaganda, Nigerians ? Only Prof Chukwu since 2008? Simply because he can't accede to 100% demand from NBA? Op, as a good historian, kindly also excavate & furnish us with accounts of political & non-political office holders since 2008 so we can compare them side by side.

3 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by stabledoc(m): 10:35am On Aug 20, 2014
Morotov1: Stop washing your dirty linens in public.
It lays credence to a lot of allegations against doctors in administrative positions.
Will you for once think straight? Must every perspective be laden with sentiments? The man is a crook and that is partly responsible for upheaval in the health sector. Needless to say that he lacks the pedigree for such position in a sane society.

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by maestroferddi: 10:35am On Aug 20, 2014
hotmolo: D post says he was relieved for proper investigation to b carried out not dat he was found guilty nd sacked. Its normal for heads of organisations to b removed or resign in order not to interfer in an investigation. So long as he wasn't indicted, I see no issue here
So shameful that our otherwise educated people do not understand basic bureaucratic procedures.

The man was merely indicted; was he found guilty?

Why did it take the opposition and the sacked doctors this long to dig up this allegation?

The doctors should eat a humble pie and re-engage the government in negotiation.

This mudslinging campaign is just ridiculous...

5 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by obailala(m): 10:35am On Aug 20, 2014
new2020: Yorubas are at it again. They attack Stella Oduah, Attack Oteh, attack Nkonjo Iweala, Diezani Madueke, and now? You people are just wasting your time. If he is removed, just as Stella Oduah, another Igbo person will replace him.

U think by defending corruption based on ethnic origins it makes you a better/smarter person or nation or tribe?... It only makes you look like an ediot... and Nigeria is the way it is today because we have a multitude of your specie roaming about

7 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Caseless: 10:36am On Aug 20, 2014
And sincere9gerian said jonathan is not corrupt. Show ur friends cabinet members and i wil tel u who u are.

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by Reference(m): 10:36am On Aug 20, 2014
arabbunkum: The striking doctors are behind this dirty work.

Hmmm. They want to turn the HonMin into a contagious virus.
Re: Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud by legacyint: 10:37am On Aug 20, 2014
new2020: Yorubas are at it again. They attack Stella Oduah, Attack Oteh, attack Nkonjo Iweala, Diezani Madueke, and now? You people are just wasting your time. If he is removed, just as Stella Oduah, another Igbo person will replace him.

Another nigerian with a tribalistic mindset,mediocres wink

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How My Only Child Was Killed By Doctor's Negligence - #JusticeForTobi {Pics} / Man Loses Three Fingers While Handling Fireworks (banger)(graphic Pics) / Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.