Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery (29885 Views)

Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. / Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family / Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by rapmike(m): 10:47am On Aug 20, 2014
She stood like an Ivory Tower, protecting the unsuspecting from a deadly danger.

My recommendations include
1. Giving her the next honour before GCFR.( CFR or so) that can be given freely, posthumous of course.
2. Making sure that her family members are well taken care of.
3. Shut down all links to Liberia until they and the US tell us what Mr Sawyer actually came to do in Nigeria, not their cock and bull story.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by lilprinze: 10:47am On Aug 20, 2014
May her soul rest in peace.
Patrick Sawyer may your soul continue to burn in hell.Amen

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by feelamong(m): 10:48am On Aug 20, 2014
I hope that the govt is listening!

They should just name the IDH at yaba after her ASAP!!

Thereafter a well deserved award should be given to her!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 20, 2014
RIP my chief.... may your soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Elnino4ladies: 10:48am On Aug 20, 2014
Quite sad!.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by fharmah(m): 10:48am On Aug 20, 2014
Mayor21: Rise
If
possible ma'm

rise ke let ha stay down o
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by uzoexcel(m): 10:49am On Aug 20, 2014
obbviously she's not ur mum
krall: Why the unnecessary 'RIP'ing angry

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by adebisiema(m): 10:52am On Aug 20, 2014
May yhu rest in perfect peace.....Love yhu Doctor embarassed
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Dreyl(m): 10:52am On Aug 20, 2014
R.i.p ma
anywhere u re mr sawyer may ur soul burn in hell look at what u have caused *sad*

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Slizbeat(m): 10:53am On Aug 20, 2014
R.I.P to you Doctor........even I myself wouldn't have done it for Nigeria because of her leaders.

Patrick Sawyer may have been a tool sent by America to come punish us for refusing to sign the gay bill. They've done so to China before using SARS, it's just another trick i feel.

Naija, let us rise torise this challenge and say no to Independent-colonialism by America. #YOLO#
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by olumidazz: 10:54am On Aug 20, 2014
too many questions needing answers in my mind.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by stabledoc(m): 10:55am On Aug 20, 2014
RIP great woman. May God grant the family the fortitude to bear such a great loss. You saved Nigerians in your own way.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by tchigofigo(m): 10:55am On Aug 20, 2014
a true heroine..u'v jst done more in a short period than our military av done in a period of 5yrs wn it comes to national defence..i'm an Igbo bt i mite jst name 1 of my kids afta u..we'll not 4get u in a hurry..ADIEU

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by polarman(m): 10:56am On Aug 20, 2014
A great heroine. We should try to understand these Doctors when they try to "detain" you in their hospitals. It is not just about making money for their establishments, it might be more than meets the eye. angry angry

Rest in Peace o ye Nigerian Heroine.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by didi79(f): 10:56am On Aug 20, 2014
May her soul rest in perfect peace...#raregem# cry
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by stabledoc(m): 10:56am On Aug 20, 2014
fharmah:
grin
fharmah:
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Mayor21(m): 10:58am On Aug 20, 2014
fharmah:
lol
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Helkayklassic(m): 10:59am On Aug 20, 2014
RIP Brave woman
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by sucezTP(f): 10:59am On Aug 20, 2014
This is so so sad! Rest in perfect peace Ma. You were such a great woman! The kind of love and care you gave that man showed how much you love your profession. I wonder what would have happened if you had allowed that man to leave the hospital that day. Continue to rest in the bossom of our Lord Jesus christ, till we meet and depart no more.*crying*

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by justi4jesu(f): 11:01am On Aug 20, 2014
RIP Doc. cry
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by yoribo: 11:02am On Aug 20, 2014
May your sole sleep in the Lord.

This brave woman woman should not be forgotten in history of Africa.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by fiverrwin(f): 11:02am On Aug 20, 2014
We hear am

NewsAlert: Nigerian celebrities have continued to react to the death of Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh, the consultant physician, who died on Tuesday after contracting the Ebola Virus from the late Patrick Sawyer.Different celebrities have written their own tributes on the doctor who saved the country from the Ebola epidemic by refusing to cave in to the pressure by the Liberian Embassy to allow Patrick Sawyer leave the hospital.

While some say Nigeria should sanction the United States, others stated that the Federal government should give the late doctor a posthumous national award.Controversial Actress, Halima Abubaka posted on Instagram thus,
“Rip brave woman. Hmmm and the doctor slept.. Rip ma#EbolaAwareness# victim#sad”

Singer Lynxx also wrote

“I’m beyond sad…. Speechless to say the least… This isn’t someone I heard about through the news but a Friends Mum I met almost 20 years ago. I cant even fathom how he / his family feels! But God would be your strength through this trying time! Your death would not be in vain for you stood up to fight for the world, not just your country! May The Good Lord rest your gentle soul in Jesus name! Amen!”

Actress Rita Dominic posted on Instagram
“A Hero or Heroine refers to characters who, in the face of danger and adversity or from a position of weakness display courage and the will for self-sacrifice.. That is, heroism-for some greater good of all humanity.. Rest In Peace, Dr AMEYO ADADEVOH..”
Singer, Weird MC tweeted
“Dr Adadevoh Thank you ….Fly like an Eagle….Thanks ever so much.”
Actress Stella Damasus wrote

“Kind and beautiful Dr Ameyo Adadevoh stood her ground to protect Nigeria. She refused to allow Mr. sawyer leave first consultants hospital even when the Liberian Ambassador pressured her to release him. Imagine what would have happened if she had let him go. Ebola would have been more widespread than what we are dealing with now. She died this evening and I strongly believe she deserves a national posthumous award. The Cross River state government should honour this woman because Dr. sawyer was supposed to attend a seminar in Calabar.

If she had not stopped him from going there, what do you think would have happened to the people of Cross River?
Speaking further, Stella shared a photo of the late Doctor and wrote
“I know that since this is not a glamorous picture of me, it will not get many views. It shows how vain and insensitive a lot of us have become. I really want to see how many reports this will get and how many people will talk about it. Is she going to be a forgotten case like the fuel subsidy, the child marriage issue, or the Chibok girls? Why do we easily move from one thing to the other without seeing these issues through till we get results?”
Soundsaltan had this to also say to the departed heroine,
Even A president wouldn't have done it! Appreciate , your life . I personaly pray for a wonderful eternal rest in Paradise ! R.i.p Dr Ameyo

http://dailypost.ng/2014/08/20/ebola-nigerian-celebrities-mourn-late-doctor-adadevoh/
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by tchigofigo(m): 11:04am On Aug 20, 2014
as 4 P. Sawyer..,may ogun, ifa, sango, oraminyan, aree ona kakamfo, amadioha, arusi all collabo to baale u wreva u are..iiseeee!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by KMTee(f): 11:05am On Aug 20, 2014
may her gentle soul rest in perfect peace and may the good Lord give her family and loved ones the fortitude to bear
this irreplaceable loss.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by concentrated: 11:05am On Aug 20, 2014
Rip dude. Ur death is nt in vain
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by mencade5(m): 11:11am On Aug 20, 2014
no be only Rita Dominic and co. Be celebrities. Me to na celebrity I be.

''dr God bless you, Rip''

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by 9inches(m): 11:12am On Aug 20, 2014
Very patriotic that was. May God's mercy be upon you Ma. RIP Dr. Adadevoh
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by premiums: 11:15am On Aug 20, 2014
Rip ma.............dis patrick "suyer" sef, I'm am beggining to think he brought this thing in on purpose
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by justi4jesu(f): 11:16am On Aug 20, 2014
yoribo: May your sole sleep in the Lord.

This brave woman woman should not be forgotten in history of Africa.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Sweetlemon(f): 11:18am On Aug 20, 2014
rapmike: She stood like an Ivory Tower, protecting the unsuspecting from a deadly danger.

My recommendations include
1. Giving her the next honour before GCFR.( CFR or so) that can be given freely, posthumous of course.
2. Making sure that her family members are well taken care of.
3. Shut down all links to Liberia until they and the US tell us what Mr Sawyer actually came to do in Nigeria, not their cock and bull story.

America again? Did they send the man here? I thought he came here for an ECOWAS summit? You know what ECOWAS stands for don't you?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by MadCow1: 11:20am On Aug 20, 2014
[b]Mods...

Why was my comment deleted?!

I didnt break any of the gaddanm rules so why was it deleted?!

Or must we all call her a hero before our comments are allowed to stay?!

I want to know why everyone is calling her a hero.. Thats all.. angry

Stop reading undue meaning into my post please.. Her death is a sad and unfortunate event, but I dont feel tagging her a hero is necessarily a true description of what she did. She was a medical doctor that got infected in the line of duty. If she knew he had Ebola before treating him, then yes maybe she is a Hero of sorts.. But if she didnt, then she is definitely no hero just got caught off guard. And on the matter of detaining him when she diagonosed him, well thats was her professional and ethical responsibility.. If she didnt and it got out, she would definitely had been queried and lost her license to practice medicine.

Please do not delete my comments again without telling me why.

Thanks.

Dear Doctor.. You died in the line of Duty and for that, I THANK YOU. Standing your grounds and following due process to detain the suspect after recognising that he was indeed infected with a deadly and highly contageous virus was highly commendable and professional. I hope other Doctors would learn to be just as professional and insist on doing the proper thing like you did.

Thanks and I pray your Family can move on from this tragedy.

R.I.P Dr. Ameyo.
[/b]

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uniabuja Graduate Died In A Hospital After Intestine Was Blocked By The Doctors / How Long Can One Get HIV Accurate Result? Help A Sister / 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.