Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,453 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery (29883 Views)

Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. / Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family / Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Ela59: 4:43pm On Aug 20, 2014
RIP. You sacrificed your life, just for the millions of Nigerians. Ma, without looking at the pain and agony you passed though for the pass three weeks.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by shindarayo(f): 5:50pm On Aug 20, 2014
How short life is.it wld hv bn understandable or less painful if u hd died a natural death.but for u to die like dis is so heartwrenching.*sobs*I wonder hw ur family xpecially ur children if u hd none wld feel.to b snatched so callously by death while serving humanity is so sad.y did sawyer not die peacefully in liberia instead of putting so many families in misery.if u hd known u wld hv an encounter wt him dt day mayb u wldnt hv gone to work dt day.God knws best mayb it was ur tym ti go if not maybe God wld hv prevented u frm having an encounter wt him.r.i.p maam.may God grant ur family d fortitude ti bear s loss.u died serving humanity ur reward is in heaven.God knws best
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by shindarayo(f): 5:54pm On Aug 20, 2014
concentrated: Rip dude. Ur death is nt in vain
dude ke.hv we started kalling women dude.wetin we no go c for nairaland

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by ocelot2006(m): 6:13pm On Aug 20, 2014
A true heroine. May her gentle soul rest in peace.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
You did not die in vain. May God grant the family you left behind the strenght to bear this loss. Nigeria has failed this woman.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 20, 2014
rapmike:

So Sawyer is innocent, right? Am asking you. Somebody, who the Liberian Govt claimed sneaked into Nigeria and stayed here without informing people that he carried the virus and you are absorbing him from the blame? Ok o, no problem, just pray that something bigger than Ebola does not come our way.

you are not getting it...if we had a good security system in place,Mr sawyer would not have been able to come into Nigeria and get as far as being able to bring sorrow to the family of this wonderful woman at all because he would have been stopped at the airport if he does not have the necessary medical papers...every country does that when you get to the port of entry,which in most cases is the embassy and in some cases,the airport and border entry ports...go to the Juarez port btw Mexico and USA and you will see people who are crossing legally being asked to provide their medical clearances.....As much as we would all love to blame someone but ourselves for letting this man into Nigeria,we should be honest and think this through..did lack of the necessary checks and balances lead to this tragedy...yes it did,despite whatever wicked intention the man had,it is up to the Nigerian Govt to protect her citizens for if this was a biological warfare,no be this we go dey talk o

assuming the man was on a dastardly mission,he would have succeeded if not for the vigilance of this Heroic lady who was smart and cautious enough to stop the man from spreading the disease any further

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by yomtolly(f): 7:05pm On Aug 20, 2014
u are a genius even in death, may your soul rest in peace.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by chinene1(f): 7:23pm On Aug 20, 2014
Guykhena:
She didn't deserve this....... sad
Damn you Mr Sawyer angry
not him alone but also the goats that allowed him in.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Solozzo(m): 7:36pm On Aug 20, 2014
It's a shame that none of our celebrities donated anything to these victims of Ebola virus disease. None paid a visit to dr Adedovoh or the others. Now they are pouring eulogies. Shame!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by samuelnwankwo: 7:38pm On Aug 20, 2014
Madam! You will be remembered for your sacrificial and heroic deed,adieu great woman!
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Nobody: 7:41pm On Aug 20, 2014
Ozioma49: cryrip doctor!!!.........I and so many nigerians owe our lives to your bravery and may the almighty grant you eternal rest.
Amen!!!
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Toks2008(m): 7:41pm On Aug 20, 2014
Death is the reward of been borne into this sinful world and one day each one of us must get this reward.

R.I.P
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by missojugo(f): 7:43pm On Aug 20, 2014
Thanks Ma...with tears in my eyes...
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by tsolz90(m): 8:05pm On Aug 20, 2014
I Also dont have a problem with this you post;but it amazes me that you spammed my mention with your thought..
temi127:

i really dont av a problem with this post.... but it really does amaze me that another human clicked the 'like button'. like seriously?..

smh
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by iamord(m): 8:28pm On Aug 20, 2014
upchair:

Her father's mother was Nigerian while her father's father was Ghanian. In Ghana you pick where your mother comes from which made her father Nigerian which invariably makes her Nigerian.

My muum told me she is of ghanaian decent.. They were the families that were doing well the gmg era. know one of the fam. Members. A big woman here
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 20, 2014
You allowed your creator to use you in saving millions of lifes. Your death/labour shall not be in vain....pray ur creator rest ur soul...pray ur creator comforts ur family & friends. You were just 1 of few Nigerians who exhibited true patriotism...RIPP fellow compatriot!
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 20, 2014
Ebola just wasted a talent. Rest in Peace ma..
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by wilbase: 9:34pm On Aug 20, 2014
At time I wonder if some people just like pushing the keyboard without think at all. how would a one in his right frame of mind churn out it.

krall: Why the unnecessary 'RIP'ing angry
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by ezeemilk(m): 9:43pm On Aug 20, 2014
Hv never met u but from our heart, sincerely love and we pray dat u rest in d bosom of d almighty God.....rip
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by adorable29(f): 10:09pm On Aug 20, 2014
So sad!

You served a great purpose to humanity!

You are a hero!

Your generation yet unborn will hear how you departed and be proud of how amazing a lady you were!

RIP beautiful brave lady!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by AdimGreat(f): 11:25pm On Aug 20, 2014
You fought a good fight...may God rest your soul ma'am.
and who says Patrick Sawyer is/was not the craziest of all men?
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by AdimGreat(f): 11:32pm On Aug 20, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: She's ghanaian! On one ghanaian page on fb they were suprised that she bears ghanaian name but called a nigerian...........R.i.p madam
Her great grand father was Herbert Macaulay, whose daughter (Sarah Idowu) gave birth to Dr. Adadevoh's father. I'm guessing the Sarah Idowu married a Ghanaian.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Nobody: 12:48am On Aug 21, 2014
RIP MA and may you find peace in heaven.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Fantacy1(m): 8:59am On Aug 21, 2014
I tot she had ben declared free few days ago? May the good Lord rest ur gentle soul. U ar a brave woman
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by dealslip(f): 9:33am On Aug 21, 2014
SHE COMES FROM A GREAT FAMILY TREE. She is also the great grand daughter of Bishop Samuel Ajayi Crowther, Africa's first Anglican Bishop, missionary and multi - linguist (He majored in Latin and Greek, translated the English bible to Yoruba, wrote the first Yoruba grammar book, produced Igbo language's first primer book and several other books) and her grand father Herbert Macauley was vicious fighter against the colonial rule and he is credited today as the father of Nigerian Nationalism) Her compassionate service to humanity can be clearly traced back to her fore fathers.

Even though you may not be recognised by the FGN but we all recognise and appreciate your strong devotion to the Nigerian people. RIP Obirin Ogun, Obirin rere(Courageous woman, good woman)
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by slimfit1(m): 10:24am On Aug 21, 2014
Only if our leaders can think like this woman our country will not be like this.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by MissyJulezz96(f): 12:22pm On Aug 21, 2014
Alla u blaming Patrick Sawyer nd disrespecting d dead,may u breathe thru ur eyez nd see thru ur ears.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by sucezTP(f): 12:36pm On Aug 21, 2014
Rooneyboy:

u aren't the only one crying dear, can't believe I have tears rolling freely .

.... Again, u' 've got a lovely profile pic

Ehya! Infact, I've forgotten my profile pix sef....had to confirm .
Thanks man!
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by jpphilips(m): 4:21pm On Aug 21, 2014
milehigh06:

you are not getting it...if we had a good security system in place,Mr sawyer would not have been able to come into Nigeria and get as far as being able to bring sorrow to the family of this wonderful woman at all because he would have been stopped at the airport if he does not have the necessary medical papers...every country does that when you get to the port of entry,which in most cases is the embassy and in some cases,the airport and border entry ports...go to the Juarez port btw Mexico and USA and you will see people who are crossing legally being asked to provide their medical clearances.....As much as we would all love to blame someone but ourselves for letting this man into Nigeria,we should be honest and think this through..did lack of the necessary checks and balances lead to this tragedy...yes it did,despite whatever wicked intention the man had,it is up to the Nigerian Govt to protect her citizens for if this was a biological warfare,no be this we go dey talk o

assuming the man was on a dastardly mission,he would have succeeded if not for the vigilance of this Heroic lady who was smart and cautious enough to stop the man from spreading the disease any further

Are you really asking people whose hope is on god to be reasonable? till date they are not calling for the sack of the minister because the govt is always right, all these Jonathan supporters will die mysterious deaths, just watch out! people are dying everywhere and nobody will be held accountable, just opening brown teeth to be typing RIP with bacillium leproc fingers.
I will type their RIP very soon,
Imagine where the whole NE states have been run over, nobody is held culpable, even when the soldiers are complaining they can do better save for corruption, till they deserted, once a soldier dies, you see goats typing RIP, the same inefficiency and mismanagement kills everyone
By the way, where is beaf!!?
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Rooneyboy(m): 5:50pm On Aug 21, 2014
sucezTP:

Ehya! Infact, I've forgotten my profile pix sef....had to confirm .
Thanks man!
u welcome dear
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by SenatorJames(m): 6:58pm On Aug 22, 2014
NewsAlert: Nigerian celebrities have continued to react to the death of Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh, the consultant physician, who died on Tuesday after contracting the Ebola Virus from the late Patrick Sawyer.Different celebrities have written their own tributes on the doctor who saved the country from the Ebola epidemic by refusing to cave in to the pressure by the Liberian Embassy to allow Patrick Sawyer leave the hospital.

While some say Nigeria should sanction the United States, others stated that the Federal government should give the late doctor a posthumous national award.Controversial Actress, Halima Abubaka posted on Instagram thus,
“Rip brave woman. Hmmm and the doctor slept.. Rip ma#EbolaAwareness# victim#sad”

Singer Lynxx also wrote

“I’m beyond sad…. Speechless to say the least… This isn’t someone I heard about through the news but a Friends Mum I met almost 20 years ago. I cant even fathom how he / his family feels! But God would be your strength through this trying time! Your death would not be in vain for you stood up to fight for the world, not just your country! May The Good Lord rest your gentle soul in Jesus name! Amen!”

Actress Rita Dominic posted on Instagram
“A Hero or Heroine refers to characters who, in the face of danger and adversity or from a position of weakness display courage and the will for self-sacrifice.. That is, heroism-for some greater good of all humanity.. Rest In Peace, Dr AMEYO ADADEVOH..”
Singer, Weird MC tweeted
“Dr Adadevoh Thank you ….Fly like an Eagle….Thanks ever so much.”
Actress Stella Damasus wrote

“Kind and beautiful Dr Ameyo Adadevoh stood her ground to protect Nigeria. She refused to allow Mr. sawyer leave first consultants hospital even when the Liberian Ambassador pressured her to release him. Imagine what would have happened if she had let him go. Ebola would have been more widespread than what we are dealing with now. She died this evening and I strongly believe she deserves a national posthumous award. The Cross River state government should honour this woman because Dr. sawyer was supposed to attend a seminar in Calabar.

If she had not stopped him from going there, what do you think would have happened to the people of Cross River?
Speaking further, Stella shared a photo of the late Doctor and wrote
“I know that since this is not a glamorous picture of me, it will not get many views. It shows how vain and insensitive a lot of us have become. I really want to see how many reports this will get and how many people will talk about it. Is she going to be a forgotten case like the fuel subsidy, the child marriage issue, or the Chibok girls? Why do we easily move from one thing to the other without seeing these issues through till we get results?”
Soundsaltan had this to also say to the departed heroine,
Even A president wouldn't have done it! Appreciate , your life . I personaly pray for a wonderful eternal rest in Paradise ! R.i.p Dr Ameyo

http://dailypost.ng/2014/08/20/ebola-nigerian-celebrities-mourn-late-doctor-adadevoh/
The labour of our hero past shall never be in vain.

R.I.P

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Long Can One Get HIV Accurate Result? Help A Sister / COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown / 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.